Cowboy Fans: iWin Forums

Welcome back  !

Make life simple!

Connect your Facebook account and enjoy all of iWin's games and benefits!

Connect with Facebook No, thank you
iWin Forums, the place to meet, ask, and chat.

[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Forums Home 

Cowboy Fans
Forum Index » Chatter Central
ppineapple
[Avatar]
I don't know who to choose for, so many choices and combinations! It makes my head confused. LOL . Well, I'll just say that at least one team is going to win each season.  
nia2795deux
[Avatar]
Come visit me & my fav Boys on my 1st floor and then enter the linked door for more.... aahh the thrill of victory

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mon, 23 Aug 2010 20:23

joanietreb
[Avatar]
nia2795deux wrote:Come visit me & my fav Boys on my 1st floor and then enter the linked door for more.... aahh the thrill of victory

And the agony of defeat
Sorry Nia, your birthday is over and the regular season is about to begin, lol.  
karla54
[Avatar]
Ok ok, are there any COLT fans out there????  
nia2795deux
[Avatar]
karla54 wrote:Ok ok, are there any COLT fans out there????

Helllloooo....Subject is "cowboy fans"!!!

austygirl2
[Avatar]
lets hope that the cowboys pull out hteir first win 4 my b-day that would rock even thought they play on sun and my b-day is thurs

SandChan
[Avatar]
Cowboys vs Redskins  
joanietreb
[Avatar]
The last two minutes were certainly exciting ~ great conference game  
austygirl2
[Avatar]
totally  
notjusthank
[Avatar]
WOW! it almost sounds like you ladies know about football..... oh! .....  
Dinismurf
[Avatar]
OUCH! I think you may be the one needing a hail mary after the reactions to that comment, NJH!  
emcall
[Avatar]
He may need more than a hail mary, Dini.  
notjusthank
[Avatar]
oh come on.......ok, i confess, my daughters know more statistics on the chaRGERS THAN I DO  
DexGypMom
[Avatar]

Penalty flag down on 50th yard line drawn by Hank, personal fowl, 5 yard penalty, repeat first down......Pbfflttt~~~~

••• MaryBeth

emcall
[Avatar]
Ok, Titans play Cowboys this weekend. Who's gonna win?

And what about the Chiefs and the Colts. KC had a bye week, so they've only played 3 games. But all three were wins. And IND has played 4, but lost 2. So, who's gonna take it?

Back to the Cowboys/Titans.... DAL had a bye week, so only have 3 games under their belt... two of them losses. And TN has played 4, but also has 2 losses. Which offense/defense is gonna pull a proverbial rabbit out of the hat this week?

See you at the tailgate party.  
austygirl2
[Avatar]
any1 catch the final score of the game on sun? I wasnt in control of the remote my dad was  
austygirl2
[Avatar]
I have 2 agree on that emcall  
emcall
[Avatar]
austygirl2 wrote:any1 catch the final score of the game on sun? I wasnt in control of the remote my dad was

34-27 Titans. Sorry, austy, but, being in Tennessee, I have to say I was pleased with the win.  
austygirl2
[Avatar]
uuugggggggg grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr they need 2 get their acts 2gether  
SandChan
[Avatar]
austygirl2 wrote:uuugggggggg grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr they need 2 get their acts 2gether

Right on with that Austy. I think that Excessive Celebration penalty is what caused us to lose that game.
Check it out.

Today----the same penalty!! So many penalties!! They really do need to get their acts together, but the COWBOYS are still MYBOYS.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Excessive Celebration?
What's the big deal? I think the N.F.L. should lighten up on this rule. They are just having some fun.
Things like dropping your pants and mooning is rude and obnoxious but most of the celebration displays are just fun and don't deserve penalties.
Here are some of my favorites.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sun, 17 Oct 2010 18:51

emcall
[Avatar]
Miles Austin's leap over Roy Williams' shoulders today was a beautifully executed gymnastic move! I gave it a perfect 10. Too bad the NFL has gotten its BVDs in a wad over these celebrations. I think they are taking these penalties a bit too seriously. After all, these guys are getting paid millions of dollars a year BY THE FANS, and we deserve the extra entertainment the endzone offers. Every touchdown they earn ensures them of a better chance to play next year. And, baby, if that was my salary cash register dinging, I would dance like crazy, too. Know what I mean?!?

But, to borrow a saying from one of our old threads...........
"That's just my opinion."  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mon, 18 Oct 2010 00:21

DexGypMom
[Avatar]

I understand these guys being so jacked considering the adrenaline and testosterone rushes they experience making touchdowns or key game plays but back in the late 70's - early 80's, before the no celebration rule in the endzone, you'd swear you were watching auditions for the cheerleading squad rather than football. It was really crazy. Coaches like Tom Landry and Vince Lombardi forbid such behavior from their players. When the old school coaches begain to retire and the crowds really got into the endzone shenanigans, the players started taking it to the extreme not knowing when to put the brakes on. It was like watching mini-halftime shows. In 1984, the first celebration rule was installed, then reinforced in 2004. I think enforcement has slackened a bit these past few years but if a ref wants to enforce it, he has every right to do so especially if the player uses the football or any other object as a prop. Since we're not down on the field, we don't hear the altercations or conversations between players and refs when penalties are called. If a player gets nasty with a ref what a perfect way for them to retaliate by the calling the celebration rule. IMO, if a player makes a key play during a game and wants his 5 seconds of fame, let 'em, as long as it does not interfer with the next play or take time off the clock. I think that's why amending this rule will be difficult, players not knowing when to stop and the extremes to which they go to celebrate like getting goofy over a sack or an interception. One guy acting like a fool wrecks it for everyone else.

••• MaryBeth

austygirl2
[Avatar]
Right on with that Austy. I think that Excessive Celebration penalty is what caused us to lose that game.
Today----the same penalty!! So many penalties!! They really do need to get their acts together, but the COWBOYS are still MYBOYS.

SandChan
[Avatar]
Ok so we lost AGAIN. Go ahead with the Cowboy Bashing,...... anyone?
A TRUE FAN CAN TAKE IT!
but I know where you live. MUAHAHAHAHA!!

Sorry Sandra - had to change the final text height to 16 points. PS. Love the angry M&M.••• MaryBeth ¤¤ Volunteer Moderator
Sorry Dex, no problem. I should've none better.  

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sun, 31 Oct 2010 23:20

austygirl2
[Avatar]
AMEN SANDCHAN  
SandChan
[Avatar]

What we gonna do Austy?  
joanietreb
[Avatar]

Aaw, now you are making me feel bad for Cowboy bashing. Redskins lost to Detroit and next week is a bye, so i'll feel down for 2 weeks.  
austygirl2
[Avatar]
I dont no wat to do x 1000  
SandChan
[Avatar]
Well something was done. Jerry Jones fired Wade Phillips and now we have Jason Garrett as coach and we got a new Defensive Coordinator. Let's hope that will help, but then Romo will probably be out the rest of the season.  
austygirl2
[Avatar]
sad day but yippy that the coach was fired good ridence  
suan1
[Avatar]
so sorry all you cowboy fans. but i realy don't like the cowboys the colts rule! lol  
DexGypMom
[Avatar]

So I'm a couple days late....but hey what about them Packers?!?!? 45 - 7 Whoo Hoo!! What really makes this sweet is the fact the Pack was using second stringers due to injuries. We're finally hitting our stride with Aaron Rogers and the youngin's brought on board in '08 & '09. Great job Packers. I also have a crush on Clay Matthews, Number 52 with his flowing blond hair and his aggressiveness on the field but the man can talk up a storm during interviews so he's not the typical depiction of a defensive player; he has brains to go along with that physique. If I were only 30 years younger......SIGH.

What really kills me are the armchair quarterbacks and coaches hashing over the games on TV and in the paper. They all know this and that and what so and so should have done......phooey. Hindsight is always 20/20. The Cowboys are going through a transitional period, every team does when players retire or are traded and the new crew is trying to find their stride and work like a team. So is it the coach's fault, the coordinator's fault or is it Jerry Jones fault for pickin' the wrong personnel on the field? There are 7 more games to be played in the regular season....a lot can happen yet. It ain't over til the fat lady sings.

••• MaryBeth

austygirl2
[Avatar]
suan u picked the wrong peeps to say that 2 jk but grrrrrrrrr :Z

emcall
[Avatar]
DexGypMom wrote: So is it the coach's fault, the coordinator's fault or is it Jerry Jones fault for pickin' the wrong personnel on the field? There are 7 more games to be played in the regular season....a lot can happen yet. It ain't over til the fat lady sings.

••• MaryBeth

IT'S JERRY JONES' FAULT!!!!!!!
He needs to fire his General Manager.... which is HIMSELF.

They have that organization structured so that the coaches hands are tied. No matter who it is. They don't give their coaches full control of the teams any more. Jimmy Johnson was the last Cowboys coach to have that luxury. And if your coach can't run the team, then the team can't play as well. There is a certain rhythm and momentum that is gained when the coach has that control.

Yes, they are going through a transition, but if JJ does not wake up and get rid of his big fat ego, the Cowboys may never get their glory days back. There may be 7 more regular season games, but this fat lady is about ready to sing!!

But ....................that's just my opinion.  
austygirl2
[Avatar]
Hey We won 35-19 In favor Of DALLAS OOOOOOOOH YEAHHHHHHHHH WE ARE BACK BABY maybe  
austygirl2
[Avatar]
has any1 seen the past games

suan1
[Avatar]
joanietreb wrote: My two favorite teams are Washington Redskins and any team playing Dallas
haha i like the broncos colts eagels and whoever is playing the cowboys  
suan1
[Avatar]
are the cowboys out of the play offs yet  
austygirl2
[Avatar]
the super bowl my homestate packers against steelers  
suan1
[Avatar]
i am actually an eagles fan now.i love michael vick  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Wed, 26 Jan 2011 08:02

austygirl2
[Avatar]
He is creul and evil I would like to see him fight with edogs hopefully he gets ate  
austygirl2
[Avatar]
Whos ready 4 some football last nite cowboys won by 1 point it was so close i watched the end of it the last 15 secs were a nail biter who do u think will win the superbowl

joanietreb
[Avatar]
austygirl2 wrote:Whos ready 4 some football last nite cowboys won by 1 point it was so close i watched the end of it the last 15 secs were a nail biter who do u think will win the superbowl

I'll bet my hog nose that the Washington Redskins will take home the big prize  
austygirl2
[Avatar]
and so it begins joanie the smack talk between the cowboys and the redskins

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Tue, 16 Aug 2011 12:47

joanietreb
[Avatar]
A Giants fan, Redskins fan and Cowboys fan climbed at mountain, each wanting to prove that they were the most loyal. The Giants fan shouted "This is for New York" and jumped off the mountain. The Redskins fan shouted "This is for Washington" and pushed the Cowboys fan off the mountain...  
austygirl2
[Avatar]
thats a good 1 no no it wasnt a cowboys fan it was a packer fan dressed up as a cowboy fan cause they were jelious that were cooler than them
lol

joanietreb
[Avatar]
Well, i suppose that's possible since i've made the cheese head hats a major part of my nutrition  
emcall
[Avatar]
Yippee!!! Cooler nights under the stadium lights. Finally.. football season has arrived.

On the NFL side.....
Rooting for your favorite millionaires with the pretty helmets to beat up your least favorite millionaires with the ugliest helmets.
Ah....entertainment, democracy, and economics intertwined into one well-oiled American machine.

(Since this is a fun football thread, I will refrain from discussing the millions we pay these athletes, while our national healthcare, education, and infrastructure beat a hellish path to the trash bin.)

Go Titans!

And on the college gridiron..... Less money for players, but not without scandal. College players still play for the game. They have more heart. They haven't been jaded, yet. It's my favorite kind of football.

Go University of Memphis Tigers!

Don't get me wrong. There are a lot of good guys in NFL, Players and owners. But they sure are overshadowed by the greed. And there are plenty of college programs struggling with temptation and failure in the greed department, as well.

At any rate, let's play ball!!!!

Hey, jtreb.... BOO REDSKINS!!!  
austygirl2
[Avatar]
wow u must have bored huh

emcall
[Avatar]
austygirl2 wrote:wow u must have bored huh

Hey austy.... who "must have bored"??? I don't understand your post.

BTW, my hubby is still with you on the Cowboys. Dallas forever, as far as he's concerned.  

Forum Index » Chatter Central
Go to: