Jewel Quest: Heritage: iWin Forums

Welcome back  !

Make life simple!

Connect your Facebook account and enjoy all of iWin's games and benefits!

Connect with Facebook No, thank you
iWin Forums, the place to meet, ask, and chat.

[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Forums Home 

Jewel Quest: Heritage
Forum Index » Game Discussions
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
I have 3 timepiece puzzles to go plus the Princess #5. If I end up going no farther, I'll have to be happy with that. I've been working on Princess #5 since I got to the expert level, since I knew it was the hardest. And I've been working on the 2nd timepiece puzzle for about 6 weeks now. I expect that some day I'll get lucky with that one but it's really on the back burner now - I don't expect to finish the game anymore.  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
What do you mean, 0 swaps? Arrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Tue, 13 Dec 2011 18:47

momaie
[Avatar]
Oh GriddleBone, been there, done that! Just one more swap and I'd have this ***cant say what I think about this board because I'd have to give myself an edit and a slap on the fingers! *** board done months ago! I'm giving it a rest for a while but I will beat his board! Gggrrrrrrr.....I will not be beaten by little Princess whats-her-name...ok now that I have that off my chest...  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
What's wrong with this picture?

I still have two timepiece boards to go, and I don't expect they'll be easy.

But still, WOOT!!  

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Tue, 13 Dec 2011 18:47

momaie
[Avatar]
Oh Griddlebone, do you mean that you finally showed that Princess who's boss? Congratulations! I haven't attacked that board for a while now but plan on spending some serious time before summer's over...It's my last board! I didn't mind the time piece boards so much...Maybe I could send you my game and have you do the Princess and I'd do your time piece ones... Again, kudos to you for finishing her off; that is one tough board!  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
Dee, and I say this from the bottom of my heart, even though I enjoy re-doing many JQ boards, I will never set foot in Princess #5 again.

I am soooooooo glad to be done with her.  
1emma1
[Avatar]
wowcongrats to both of you. I gave up on Heritage. I still can't get thru some lower people in expert mode, let alone Princess. Went back to JQII - in 2nd bonus super hard. Doing okay tho.  
Shurbert3
[Avatar]
HELP!!! Can anybody tell me how to deal with the "exclusive gems" that look like flaring diamonds? What's the deal with them? Is it better to match them & get rid of them? I can't move on unless I beat these boards ... It's the Isabel Moctezuma board #'s 2, 4 & 5 HELP of any kind would be greatly appreciated!  

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mon, 12 Sep 2011 05:43

Griddlebone
[Avatar]
Hi, Shurbert. Rumor has it that when you get the exclusive gems, we'll get new clothing choices in the Hotel. Just kidding (sadly).

The only matches on the exclusive jewels boards that cause a permanent change to gold for a given set of tiles are matches of exclusive jewels, So the short answer is yes, match them! It doesn't hurt you at all to match them (they aren't those danged black crows) so if they're in your way, get them off the board.

If you match, say, three rubies, the squares will briefly turn gold but it will fade. This is maddening to me - too much "flaring" going on for my tastes. If you match three diamonds, the gold "sticks". You probably know this part since you have finished #1 and #3.

Specific boards: I think Isabel #4 is the hardest of her boards. You need to try to get the "feet" (center bottom) cleared while keeping an eye on the extreme left and right, including the single tiles sticking out in the 2nd row. The middle will probably take care of itself while you're making matches in the bottom two center rows.

Isabel #5: While the common jewel matches won't turn the squares to gold, you can use them to clean out the long horizontal bars near the bottom, then just move diamonds into those squares as they come by. Because the bars are sheltered, new jewels won't fall into them when you clear them out. It's easier said than done. While you're doing that, you need to make diamond matches on the far left and right at the top. This might be harder than #4 for some people, but I had more problems with #4.

Isabel #2: The toughest part of this board (for me) is getting three diamonds to the bottom row when and where you need them. The far upper left and right corners can also be frustrating. I think the only thing that works here is to keep trying and hope for good gem drops; you use the common jewels to force the diamonds to go where you want.

Three tough boards. I didn't get any of them on first try when I was playing them just now to refresh my memory. Good luck!  

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Tue, 26 Jul 2011 10:12

Shurbert3
[Avatar]
Thanks Griddlebone
Font reduced to normal size (12) from size 16, as stated in the Topics & Guidelines for Game Chat Forum; we do ask that posts be in normal font size...a word or two here and there in larger font sizes is cool though...Try playing with using colours to make your post stand out; that makes them pop and makes the Forums so much prettier too...

Dee, volunteer moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Tue, 26 Jul 2011 05:03

ladywolfpack54
[Avatar]
I also like the Jewel Games. Improves ones menoery and it some thing to DO. Between work kids and MAN WOLVES!! Thanks. Ladywolf  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

Heritage is now Free-Ad Supported. That means many more people are going to learn the wonders of Princess Teotlalco! I remember the good old days, when I thought the silver version of Princess #5 was hard. And the even better old days, when I didn't realize there was a silver (regular) and gold (expert) level. Or wait! Have I said too much!?!?

Welcome to the folks joining us in Heritage land. This game is worth the money, so it's a huge bargain as ad-supported.  
Aguador
[Avatar]
I am stuck at Princess Isabel Moctezuma. Any suggestions about this screen? Very thanks!  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
Isabel just THINKS she's a princess.

There are 10 boards for Isabel, 5 regular and 5 expert. I'm going to make the assumption that you're still working through the pedigree the first time. When you get to expert mode three of the boards are modified and there are changes to how much time you get to finish. Anyway, I assume you're having general problems with the exclusive jewels, which are the diamond shaped sparkling or flaring jewels.

Read my message to Shubert3 above from 25 July. The short version is that matches of regular jewels don't count for turning tiles gold. The only matches that will permanently turn tiles gold is matches of exclusive jewels. Good luck!  
Aguador
[Avatar]
bevo63 wrote:I am also having a problem with the Francesca De La Cueva portrait. I do not have the last piece of her puzzle even though all of my previous protraits are silver. I do not have enough pieces for any other puzzles so that I could pass this one and come back to it. Any ideas?

Yeah, it's really frustrating. Let's see if anyone knows where's the ***edited for vulgar language*** missing piece :@
Post edited for language. If you can't post without vulgarity, then please do not post! Post has been reported to iWin. Please read the Topics & Guidelines at this link for more information on posting to theGame Chat Forum. Thank you. Dee, volunteer moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sun, 31 Jul 2011 18:25

Aguador
[Avatar]
Griddlebone wrote:Hi, Shurbert. Rumor has it that when you get the exclusive gems, we'll get new clothing choices in the Hotel. Just kidding (sadly).

The only matches on the exclusive jewels boards that cause a permanent change to gold for a given set of tiles are matches of exclusive jewels, So the short answer is yes, match them! It doesn't hurt you at all to match them (they aren't those danged black crows) so if they're in your way, get them off the board.

If you match, say, three rubies, the squares will briefly turn gold but it will fade. This is maddening to me - too much "flaring" going on for my tastes. If you match three diamonds, the gold "sticks". You probably know this part since you have finished #1 and #3.

Specific boards: I think Isabel #4 is the hardest of her boards. You need to try to get the "feet" (center bottom) cleared while keeping an eye on the extreme left and right, including the single tiles sticking out in the 2nd row. The middle will probably take care of itself while you're making matches in the bottom two center rows.

Isabel #5: While the common jewel matches won't turn the squares to gold, you can use them to clean out the long horizontal bars near the bottom, then just move diamonds into those squares as they come by. Because the bars are sheltered, new jewels won't fall into them when you clear them out. It's easier said than done. While you're doing that, you need to make diamond matches on the far left and right at the top. This might be harder than #4 for some people, but I had more problems with #4.

Isabel #2: The toughest part of this board (for me) is getting three diamonds to the bottom row when and where you need them. The far upper left and right corners can also be frustrating. I think the only thing that works here is to keep trying and hope for good gem drops; you use the common jewels to force the diamonds to go where you want.

Three tough boards. I didn't get any of them on first try when I was playing them just now to refresh my memory. Good luck!

Just read. I'll try this way. Very thanks!  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
You might want to edit your post for language before the mods do it for you. Everything here is child-appropriate language.

Anyway, for Francesca De La Cueva's portrait just keep working on the individuals whose portraits are complete, even if they are higher on the tree than dear Zia Francesca. Sooner or later you will find all the pieces of her portrait. I think it's an effort on the part of the designers to force us to think in a non-linear fashion. I know where the missing piece is, but why spoil your fun?

For the first half of the game, where you're turning the frames to silver, you may find it helpful to read the Strategy Guide for JQ Heritage that's available here on iWin. Go to Support, then under Knowledge Base choose Game Play Experience, then Game Strategy Guides. It's not going to help you a whole lot on the second half of the game, but by then you know how to play all the boards. You just have to do it faster and better.  
bemhlm
[Avatar]
I am stuck on the liabrian.... what do you have to do to unlock th eboxes. I have tried the key at top, one top and each side , tried key on top of each locked box at same time.... nothing unlocks and cant move on till do  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
For the lock and key puzzles, get the key next to the lock (above, below, or to the side), then slide the key onto the lock.

Good luck!  
llamedos
[Avatar]
Love the jewel quest games but very annoyed with the heritage one.Took me 3 days to complete the last board on william pack but cannot go any further as not got the right puzzle pieces.not amused  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
Heritage has a reputation for taking a while... a long long while. You're right about the last Wm Pack board - it's a stinker.

Usually people don't think they've run out of puzzle pieces until they get to Francesca De La Cueva. Look around the family tree and see if there is anyone for whom you have all the puzzle pieces. That person might be higher up on the tree. If you really have nobody that can be started, then you must have missed a board somewhere along the way. Review all the people you've done and make sure that there is a check by each board.

The JQ4 Strategy Guide tells you which puzzle pieces you get for each board. It's found in the iWin Knowledge Base. See my post of July 31 for more explicit instructions of how to get it. Have fun!  
llamedos
[Avatar]
Hi griddle,have checked all the people ive done and every board has been completed but according to the stratergy guide i should have all pieces for virginia la salle but ive only got 2 ? ? ?  

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Sat, 6 Aug 2011 13:46

Griddlebone
[Avatar]
I'm not sure, then. Maybe you should go back to the strategy guide and note which boards were supposed to give you pieces for Va. LS, and re-do those specific boards.

While typing that, I had a thought. How many puzzle pieces do you have on the slider at the bottom of the screen? Have you panned all the way to the right to find any that are hidden when the page first comes up?  
Mild1
[Avatar]
Griddlebone - Cool. you good. I completed 100 swaps in this boardand score 14,009.
What's your highest score in some board?  

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at Mon, 8 Aug 2011 06:19

Griddlebone
[Avatar]
Good job. That's Virginia La Salle #1, and for that high score I'll assume you were not using Expert mode so you had more time to make matches as the clock ran out. My score on that one was 16,609, but I didn't make the extra matches at the end. I'll have to try it again and see if I can beat 30,000.

Then I'll have to learn how to do video screen capture!  
Mild1
[Avatar]
Griddlebone wrote:Good job. That's Virginia La Salle #1, and for that high score I'll assume you were not using Expert mode so you had more time to make matches as the clock ran out. My score on that one was 16,609, but I didn't make the extra matches at the end. I'll have to try it again and see if I can beat 30,000.

Then I'll have to learn how to do video screen capture!

Expect mode I got 21,092 points.  
Mild1
[Avatar]
How to upload pictures? Griddlebone

Mild1
[Avatar]

Hightlight to get 30,000+ points.(5 common jewels)  
eps@ff
[Avatar]
i am stuck on board 5 princess t. any suggestions on how to beat this one.... i can not seem to figure out the stragedy. i can get down to 2 but no closer. screen prints would certainly help.... <BR>  

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mon, 17 Oct 2011 18:36

Griddlebone
[Avatar]
Eps... Look above for a screen shot of how I almost beat Princess #5. (I just fixed the link.) Now, I tried the same strategy of shooting straight down in the 2nd and next to last columns probably hundreds of times, and I never won with it. Got close, but never made it. When I did beat the board, it was by breaking out in the 1st or 3rd column and the last or 2nd to last column up near the top, then breaking through to the bottom islands any way I could. I paid special attention to turning the top squares in the middle section gold because as you can see even in that failed board above, once the jewels drop away from them it's very hard to get back to them.

I will, sometime in the future, try to make some screen shots that illustrate what I'm talking about, but I'm in no hurry to go back and try that board again.  
MIZZRUBYB
[Avatar]
Can anyone tell me how to get past the lock and keys??? I have read everything I can find and can't figure it out! Thanks!  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
When the key is next to (above, below, beside) a lock, simply drag it onto the lock to open the lock.  
eps@ff
[Avatar]
Thanks Griddlebone, i will keep that in mind, if you could put yourself through the board again, screen shots woul help. thanks for the reply.  
lilinor59
[Avatar]
habra alguien que me pueda ayudar en español

Griddlebone
[Avatar]
Since English is the preferred (required?) language of the forums, I've answered a Spanish-language question in a PM. In short, ask your question - either using a translator or ask in a PM - and I will try to respond (probably using screen shots! )  

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Thu, 27 Oct 2011 23:20

Griddlebone
[Avatar]
shirleyal wrote:I need help getting through jewel quest heritage .I cant seem to figure out how to get past the monkeys.no matter what I do ,even though I turn all the spaces to gold ,I cant complete the board .somebody tell me how to get these boards completed,please.

Hi, shirleyal. You need to turn all the spaces gold AND put all the monkeys into cages. To put a monkey in a cage, get the monkey next to a cage - above, below, or beside it - then drag him in with your cursor. He'll give a most satisfying little scream as you do so.

In the screen shot below I've put one monkey into a cage (red arrow) and have several others ready to be caged (example: white circle).

Hope this helps.

kiacovelli1
[Avatar]
i am stuck. i need another piece to a person but have finished the quest. how do i finish putting her together to start the next ones? thanks  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
Look for someone that is finished, and do the puzzles there. Sometimes the missing piece is higher on the ancestral tree, so you can't work in order.

If you're really stuck, click on Support, then on the left side of the screen, click on Game Play Experience, then choose Game Strategy guides. There is a strategy guide that tells you where all the portrait pieces are found.  
gajo62
[Avatar]
I am trying to find out how to win the pearls in expert mode (princess teotlalco). it is in swap mode for 100 swaps and after at least 1000 tries i can't seem to win HELP  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
That would be the 5th Princess board in Expert mode, right? Keep trying. I was on that board for months. You have a maximum of 4 pearls at a time, so if there are 4 showing and you're making matches hoping for another in a specific location, you're wasting your time. If you read back in this thread, you'll see a lot of us have been frustrated with this board.

Not much help, am I?  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Tue, 3 Jul 2012 00:12

Shurbert3
[Avatar]
gajo62 wrote:I am trying to find out how to win the pearls in expert mode (princess teotlalco). it is in swap mode for 100 swaps and after at least 1000 tries i can't seem to win HELP

Hi as Griddlebone says just keep trying... I too was stuck on that board for months & then one day I beat it... my advice is to try it maybe a few times a day but don't let yourself get frustrated with it... eventually you too will beat it  

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Fri, 27 Apr 2012 15:44

Mookky1995
[Avatar]
Hi everyone I'm new player and I finished 340 boards with use 14 hours (6 days).  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
@Mookky1995: You may be a new player (we always like to see new JQ fans!) but 340 Heritage boards in 14 hrs. is impressive. That means you have about 9 to go. Probably they are... Moctezuma's 6 Expert boards, Princess #5, and my guess would be two of the timepiece boards, but that's because I'm not very good at those. Some people have more trouble with monkeys or swaps or crows. Other than Moctezuma's boards, which ones are you still trying to beat?

Moctezuma's boards, when you unlock them, are very difficult but very fun. If you completed Princess #5 plus 339 others in the time frame you mentioned, I bow at your feet.  
Mookky1995
[Avatar]
@Griddlebone
How to uupload picture? I can't do this  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
Mookky1995 wrote:How to uupload picture? I can't do this

You need to have your picture file hosted on a web server. You can't just upload it from your computer.

There are a lot of photo hosting sites out there that don't charge for a limited amount of picture storage. You can do a search for "photo sharing service" to find them. I have my own web server so I can't recommend any of these places good or bad. Once your photo is uploaded it will have its own URL or web address. Most of the photo sharing sites will also give you cut and paste lines to add your picture to an email or discussion forum posting.

On the iWin forums you need to enclose the URL in the BBCode img tag. If you don't have a cut and paste line from the photo sharing site, the easiest way to do this is to use the standard editor (not the quick editor), put the URL into your post, highlight it (select it), then click on the Img button at the top of the editor. You can also type in the tags: [img] goes in front of the URL and [/img] goes at the end of the URL.

Be sure to preview your post to make sure you got it right before hitting submit.

If you need to upload a screen shot to Customer Support, that's different. You can just attach it to your ticket straight from your computer. I am thinking you're asking about pictures to show a situation in the game.  
wickwicks
[Avatar]
love jewel quest heritage, however I can't get past the monkeys on Gomez De Arteche board 1. I have completed all the squares but I don't know what else is supposed to happen. Can someone out there please help Wickwicks  
franl24fan
[Avatar]
Sorry if this seems like a "stupid question" but I am pretty new to playing these types of games

When I bought the 2 pack Jewel Quest Mysteries 2 and Heritage, it seemed as if both were Hidden Object Games. The picture on the package for Heritage showed various scenes and mentioned "follow Rupert in his search". However, when I start to play Heritage all I am seeing are the board games, which are OK but too hard to complete in the time allowed for someone with arthritis . So, am I correct that the packaging is incorrect and this is only the jewel boards??? I managed to get thru Rupert, can't get thru his wife in time allowed. Seems as if I wasted half of my money on a game that I can't play.  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
Going into teacher mode: There is no such thing as a stupid question! Exit teacher mode.

There are three types of games under the Jewel Quest banner: Jewel Quest, Jewel Quest Solitaire, and Jewel Quest Mysteries. The first is Match-3 puzzles, and that includes JQ Heritage. The solitaire games are card games (surprise) with the option of having some Match-3 play. The Mysteries are HOGs with an occasional Match-3 puzzle and at least in the first one, some infuriating jigsaw puzzles.

Rupert searches for stuff, but you don't get to. Somehow you help him along by playing Match-3 boards. Unfortunately, Heritage does not include a relaxed mode, although some of the later JQ series do have this mode. I know Sapphire Dragon has a choice of modes and Sleepless Star allows you to use a totem artifact (helper) that limits you to 1 of 5 stars but gives you unlimited time on the board.

I doubt it's any consolation, but I think Emma's boards are harder than some of the boards that aren't unlocked at first. I don't like the swap mode or limited jewel modes very much. You may be okay with these modes because they don't lend themselves to fast play - you have to think about your moves. In addition, if you keep playing a board over and over you will get an easier set-up sooner or later. A lot of times I've run out of time on a board several times only to win it with tons of time left on the clock.

Hope this helps at least a little.  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
wickwicks wrote:love jewel quest heritage, however I can't get past the monkeys on Gomez De Arteche board 1. I have completed all the squares but I don't know what else is supposed to happen. Can someone out there please help Wickwicks

Are you putting the monkeys into their cages? You need to line up a monkey above a cage then move him into it. He will scream in annoyance when you do.

Once the monkey is in a cage, if you line up two other monkeys next to him (or above or below him) you get a match-3 and that lets the monkey out of the cage and you need to get another one in there. If you deliberately match 3 monkeys, it removes the gold tiles from those three squares. If they match on a cascade, you're okay.

Some of the later boards have monkey cages in other places, and you may find it easier to get the monkey beside the cage or even below it to move him into the cage. But I think GDA #1 has all the cages on the bottom.

A tip for monkey boards: Fill the lowest cages first.  
franl24fan
[Avatar]
Thanks so much Griddlebone for that great "lesson" .

I think the package is misleading, since what they show are screen shots of a HOG, rather than jewel boards. and the description is also misleading. But it is what it is. I had never played any of the Jewel Quest titles before, usually play HOG by another company. The Mysteries 2 game was OK, so I didn't totally waste my money . I'll drop into the jewel boards every now and then maybe get past the first level.

You may just be expressing your frustration, but if you want to let iWin know about it you'll need to tell them through the Support Center as iWin staff do not read the Forums, and we moderators are customers, not employees. My bet is that it is marketers that designed the packaging. It's sometimes worth it to try a game out here on iWin.com before buying a CD version; just a thought. - iWinModTeam  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Fri, 8 Jun 2012 15:56

Forum Index » Game Discussions
Go to: