Jewel Quest: Seven Seas (All Editions) – Master Game Topic: iWin Forums

Welcome back  !

Make life simple!

Connect your Facebook account and enjoy all of iWin's games and benefits!

Connect with Facebook No, thank you
iWin Forums, the place to meet, ask, and chat.

[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Forums Home 

Jewel Quest: Seven Seas (All Editions) – Master Game Topic
Forum Index » Game Discussions
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
I'm really excited to see that there's going to be a new Jewel Quest game soon. I have been wondering for some time (1) if they would bring out a new game, or of the series was done for good, and (2) if they DID bring out a new game, if it would fill out the story of Natalie Pack, who was a toddler in JQ Heritage and a middle aged woman in the Sapphire Dragon, or continue with one of the younger characters in Sapphire Dragon, or go back to some earlier time on the family tree. Based on the description, the main characters are Rupert and Emma Pack and their friend Hani, which are the "original" Jewel Quest characters. I hope they can stick to their timeline of September 2016 for the release - I am looking forward to some new JQ boards.  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Tue, 16 Aug 2016 10:41

skip517
[Avatar]
Is there a help section? I can't find it. I know how to create special gold coins and use them by clicking on the speicals button but I don't know the difference between that and Midas Mode.  
DBourgeois
[Avatar]
Midas Mode is when you run out of moves and are forced to use up any gold coins you've collected. If there are simply squares that need emptying that's useful, but most of the time it results in a game failure.  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sat, 10 Sep 2016 12:24

DBourgeois
[Avatar]
There really should be a help section tutorial for the various type of game modes you encounter.
Also it is extremely frustrating to be utterly stuck in one screen with no means of bypassing it until it's completed.  
Hyla1
[Avatar]
Has any one gotten past level 26 ? If so how?  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sat, 10 Sep 2016 19:36

gardenfairies
[Avatar]
No, same I cannot get past level 26 it is impossible.  
printlady
[Avatar]
I am extremely disappointed in the new Jewel Quest. Still on level 26 and have had to replay other levels
over and over and over again to get to the next level. Seems to me you have ruined a really good game.
Just sayin' !!!!!!!!!!!!  
skip517
[Avatar]
@DBourgeois: Thank you. I see how I end up in Midas Mode now w/o clicking on the Specials button. Ive run outta time or moves. BTW, I detest limited move games and have since they were introduced in I think JQ Heritage. Really discouraged to see how much importance it has in this version.

@printlady and others: The last JQs have had next to impossible levels, but level 26 seems like really early in the game to be stuck. On the older games some people complained abt the lack of relaxed mode. In case one of those people is reading here and hasn't figured it out, there's no relaxed mode. The only mode is highly tense.

Question to all: Are you playing each lvl to 3 stars and then you get to 26 and can't make 1 star? Or is everyome ignoring stars? They seem to be awarded on things left over like time left on the clock or moves remaining rather than the score. Lots of times I get a higher score and fewer stars. I want to know how bad I am at this game. If youre all playing to 3 stars then I am pretty dim to be so far behind. But thats okay I won't be insulted if you say Yeah you're pretty dim. I'm averaging three tries per board (66 games to get to lvl 22) to get 3 stars but the first levels went fast and lvl 21 took me a bunch of tries to get 3 stars. Also Inever played games with collapse mode and it took me a while to get used to it. Not a fan, but maybe I will get used to it.  
skip517
[Avatar]
Stroke of luck - I got a single star on Board 26 on my fourth try. I had my screen recorder running and have a video:
http://www.screencast.com/t/6XvlpZG5qv0C I'm a beginner when it comes to videos. It's a little grainy. The host site is also bandwidth limited so if you might get an error. Will have to try You Tube or something?

Looking at the video, I can see I made a lot of mistakes and probably could have done better. The key was clearing out a column underneath a bell then filling it with gold coins. I collapsed them to see if they made a ship's wheel (no) but in the process got 4 specials. When I realized I only had 3 squares that weren't gold I used the specials to change them and that was it.  

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Tue, 20 Sep 2016 18:23

gardenfairies
[Avatar]
Can you explain how you ring the bells when the ship's wheel turns up randomly and no where near the bell?  
WendiZiel
[Avatar]
Help! I have finished level 120 (last one) and can not move on to "expert" mode.Story is hanging and read description which says game continues after finishing first level but game shuts down, "stops working" everytime after it says "Congrats". There ia a small button in upper right corner that says "exprt - stop" but that does same thing. Shuts down. Anyone else havig this problem?  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sat, 17 Sep 2016 19:10

skip517
[Avatar]
@WendiZiel: I'm only on board 75 or so. I'll let you know later. Question: did you get 3 stars on all boards? I don't know if that's important for getting into bonus rnd. If th game is hanging Id report it.

@gardenfairies: The wheel isn't random. Its made when you match exactly 4 jewels. If you match more you get a gold coin. You have a little control over placement of the wheel in collapse mode. If you have 4 jewels in a group you can touch any of them to clear the group and get a wheel, but the wheel will appear on the space you tapped. It will fall if the jewels below it were part of the group, but if the jewel you tap is over a bell, thats where the wheel will be and you can just swipe it down to ring the bell.  
gardenfairies
[Avatar]
Thanks skip 517, got it after I sent this but now stuck on level 28 have you passed that level and if so how did you do it?  
skip517
[Avatar]
Keep at it. Try to make match-4 groups that let you clear out long rows or columns. If you can sweep over a row that clears one of the spaces that hang out on the side you might be able to make another that puts a wheel in that space then you can ring a bell or two. Dont always ring the nearest bell, if you can clear out more spaces or hit a coin thats good. Try to get specials esp by matching 3 or more gold coins because you get a bunch that way. Use them to help make anchors and watch the remaining coin count if you have 7 remaining and 5 gold coins is there a way to wrap it up? Its not timed so think ahead. Get a board that helps you out, totally luck but keep trying. Last hint is the next board is not a collapse board so look forward to that although they show up again later in the game.  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
Oh goody! One of my favorite styles of JQ game is back: scarabs. I don't like the graphics of the flying scarabs (they're too red, and look like cherries jumping off the board) but this was not a common mode in other JQ games and I'm thrilled to see it in JQ Seven Seas! For folks who hated match-6 scarabs in JQ 3, these are only match-5.  
msbeejay
[Avatar]
WOW! Could any of you Experts tell me how to get past Level 19 since you all obviously don't have much problem zipping through the game board which for me is a major challenge! I enjoyed playing almost all of the other JQ boards except Heritage ... The earlier ones were fun and could keep you on your toes once you got to higher levels. Anyway, I'm not much for being limited on moves or time ... I prefer a more RELAXED atmosphere and don't mind the game being MODERATELY challenging unlike this one ...  
skip517
[Avatar]
@msbeejay: Use the black hole squares to remove jewels and set up match 4s. Drop am ancjhor into the left or rigth sqare of the bottom row and sweep to clear that row. Work fast to leave time on the clock for high star count.  
skip517
[Avatar]
@msbeejay: What didnt you like abt Heritage? There are a few types of boards I hated but I replay the others all the time. Dont like limited swap boards but they seem easier in Seven Seas than some in Heritage, esp the gold boards in Heritage. Although there were one or two stopper limited swap boards in Heritage but they were late in the game.  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Tue, 20 Sep 2016 00:41

msbeejay
[Avatar]
Thx skip517...I've sort of been doing just that but obviously not fast enuf LOL As to Heritage too long ago to recall but probably got to a point where I couldn't finish a particular level, so I just quit playing it!  
carlejeune
[Avatar]
I made it to level 120 and completed that level ; and the game said congrats and then stopped working. I was hoping there was going to be more than 120 levels. 120 is really tough to complete  
msbeejay
[Avatar]
Congrats carlejeune ... You really know how to handle this game ...

As for me, I've removed it again ... Just not fast enough ....  
skip517
[Avatar]
@carlejeune and @WendiZiel: I made it to board 120 and here is what I saw. I was in Full Screen mode. Ihad 3 stars on every board but the last one. Will go back and try for 3 there but as carlejeune said its a tough board. The Congratulations! banner came up. The small black button appeared in the upper right corner as WendiZiel said. It said Expert:Off. I clicked on it. Fog rolled across the scene. Now the button said Expert: On and the game was back at board 1 but in Expert mode. There are 120 levels in Expert mode. Since Regular mode was difficult at times I think to be happy with 1 star in Expert mode.

@msbeejay: sorry to lose you cuz you seem like a fun person but I think a lot of people who like a relaxed game this isnt going to be it. It was a little challenging all the way. Nothing more frustrating than a stopper board. As for me I better stop playing for a while so to keep my job. Shhhh.

New today September 26! FTR I had 7 moves remaining.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mon, 26 Sep 2016 17:09

gardenfairies
[Avatar]
Thanks again skip517 for the tips, this level is so trying and of course, I am still stuck on that level. I think you really need to get lucky with this one but will keep trying.  
gardenfairies
[Avatar]
skip517 - I did it thanks to your tips not long after my last post.  
chichirobado
[Avatar]
I'm stuck at level 66. Any ideas on how to get the shell to move to the bottom row outside square so it can be dropped?
Thanks

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sun, 2 Oct 2016 02:14

skip517
[Avatar]
Clear the space above the drop arrow with a Midas touch or a wheel. This video demos both: http://www.screencast.com/t/KXDkwHt7i You can use the same side twice so only need to clear one of them. Only took me four tries to get the video lol.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sun, 2 Oct 2016 14:45

debskold1
[Avatar]
gardenfairies wrote:Can you explain how you ring the bells when the ship's wheel turns up randomly and no where near the bell?

Ship's wheel shows up when you put four characters together. If you click on a character that is where the wheel will show up, so you can line up
the wheel that way.  
ptabronco
[Avatar]
I have just finished level 120 and instead of moving to the next board, the program closes. I tried numerous times and no luck. How can I get the game to move to board 121 without closing out completely?  
sdg12345
[Avatar]
I can't get past 26. I've tried 55 times. I should be able to bypass this level after this many times. I've purchased all of Jewel Quest's games but may not buy more if they don't give us an out.  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sat, 8 Oct 2016 04:08

skip517
[Avatar]
@sdg12345: There is a video above abt board 26. Luck is a big factor in this game. Keep at it.

I have 3 strrs thru board 60 expert now. Had a devel of a time w/board 48 expert. Hint in white below. Select w/mouse to see teh hint.

Start select here:
Board 48 has only 3 shells @ 1 time AFAIK. If the shells arent in a good place get ride of them. Like if theyre on the right side of the board get a wheel and wipe them out. Youll never collect 2 shells in time if you dont.
End select here.  
writermagi
[Avatar]
I got a lot of good info on this forum and am totally gobsmacked that anyone could finish this game! I am stuck on Level 34 and cannot get enough diamond chips to fill the hole before time runs out. I've been trying t use my wheels to knock out gems in line to drop into the hole. I must have tried at least 50 times if not more and am about to give up. Pls help!  
skip517
[Avatar]
writermagi wrote:I got a lot of good info on this forum and am totally gobsmacked that anyone could finish this game! I am stuck on Level 34 and cannot get enough diamond chips to fill the hole before time runs out. I've been trying t use my wheels to knock out gems in line to drop into the hole. I must have tried at least 50 times if not more and am about to give up. Pls help!

Ive finished the regular game but not the expert game. Im stuck right now too.

You have the rigth idea on board 34. Get a diamond in the chute then knock out the gems below it. You can get one over there either by knocking gems out until one drops in by chance or moving a diamond over from the main pari of teh board. Hekla Gold from JQ 3 is a good board to practice moving gems to the lef or right .You need 4 diamonds. if you want I can make a video of this board.  
debskold1
[Avatar]
I've played seven different players and cannot get past level 120 on any player. I also cannot get any more players than seven nor can I delete any of the previous players which you can do on any other game I have. Am I done?  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mon, 10 Oct 2016 15:49

iWinModTeam5
[Avatar]
debskold1 wrote:I've played seven different players and cannot get past level 120 on any player. I also cannot get any more players than seven nor can I delete any of the previous players which you can do on any other game I have. Am I done?

iWin developers and support staff don't read the Forums, so you're unlikely to get a definitive answer here. You can initiate a support request (ticket) through http://support.iwin.com. You'll need to complete a one-time registration with the support site. You could also try asking on Facebook but they may just refer you to Customer Support.

I took a look at it on the PC and couldn't find any way to delete player slots either. This game was released on PC, Mac, and mobile platforms and while I'm assuming you're playing the game on the PC, you should let them know which platform you're on. In my very limited experience, mobile platform games are more likely to limit players and/or disallow deletion of characters, and maybe that philosophy is leaking over to the PC side of things.

gardenfairies
[Avatar]
Ok those of you who have mastered level 120 congrats, do you have any tips as I cannot complete it.  
gardenfairies
[Avatar]
skip 517 - I just completed board 120, yes got the congrats banner and then the fog and it went back to board 1 expert mode.  
dawnag
[Avatar]
is anyone having the problem of your game coming up your profile has been corrupted and it resets your game?? it has happened 4 times now and I am getting nothing from the help center... I was on level 73 of expert mode and it reset for the 3rd time and I started over was on level 58 and it just did it again I am so done.. was not happy and am even more tormented now.... thanks if anyone else had the problem please let me know............  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mon, 17 Oct 2016 13:30

iWinModTeam5
[Avatar]
dawnag wrote:is anyone having the problem of your game coming up your profile has been corrupted and it resets your game?? it has happened 4 times now and I am getting nothing from the help center... I was on level 73 of expert mode and it reset for the 3rd time and I started over was on level 58 and it just did it again I am so done.. was not happy and am even more tormented now.... thanks if anyone else had the problem please let me know............

It won't really help to know if others are having the problem. iWin developers and support staff don't read the Forums, and they're the ones who need to know that multiple people are having a particular issue. In addition, the Forums are not the place for lengthy discussions about problems with a game because it solves nothing and takes away from the purpose of the forums, which is sharing tips and strategies. A short review is fine even if it is critical of the game, but criticism of iWin isn't tolerated. You can check out the Code of Conduct and Forum Guidelines for more information.

Adding hearsay to a support request ("... and lots of other people said they are having a problem...) doesn't help - they need to hear from those lots of other people directly. If the solution you received did not help and the ticket is marked SOLVED, open the ticket and look near the bottom of the page, where it will say "This request is closed for comments. You can create a follow-up." Then click on "create a follow up" and go from there.

DBourgeois
[Avatar]
I have reached level 120 in Expert mode, but this one is as near impossible as makes no difference. What I'd like to know is whether, if I persist and finally solve it, that it really is the end or is there a super-expert mode still awaiting?  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mon, 17 Oct 2016 21:42

623max
[Avatar]
WendiZiel wrote: Help! I have finished level 120 (last one) and can not move on to "expert" mode.Story is hanging and read description which says game continues after finishing first level but game shuts down, "stops working" everytime after it says "Congrats". There ia a small button in upper right corner that says "exprt - stop" but that does same thing. Shuts down. Anyone else havig this problem?

Expert mode started right away for me. Look at your top right hand corner on the main screen you can turn on & off expert mode by clicking on it.
Wait till you get to expert level 120 I think it's unbeatable. GOOD LUCK !!!  
623max
[Avatar]
DBourgeois wrote:I have reached level 120 in Expert mode, but this one is as near impossible as makes no difference. What I'd like to know is whether, if I persist and finally solve it, that it really is the end or is there a super-expert mode still awaiting?

I'm stuck at that level120 as well.. I thinks it's unbeatable. I wonder to if there a super expert level number two. We may never know.  
RevY1
[Avatar]
623max wrote:
DBourgeois wrote:I have reached level 120 in Expert mode, but this one is as near impossible as makes no difference. What I'd like to know is whether, if I persist and finally solve it, that it really is the end or is there a super-expert mode still awaiting?

I'm stuck at that level120 as well.. I thinks it's unbeatable. I wonder to if there a super expert level number two. We may never know.

Me too. There is just no way to ring the lower left bell, much less ring it twice. Anyone comes up with a solution, let me know!  
skip517
[Avatar]
The best I have done on 120 expert is to ring the hard bell 2x, the other bell 1x, and fill one diamond. I was not even close to filling the other diamond or turning all the squares gold but its progress. I think there are 2 ways to ring the hard bell but one of them is hard if its even possible to do it. that is to have a wheel by the bumpout on the left and move it into the bumpout by swapping so youwould have to line up jewels to do that. The other way is to drop a whell into the bumpout on the lower row.For that and for the other bell and for the diamonds you have to clear the stones so thats what I try to dio first.  
RobinLaw
[Avatar]
It took me so many tries to get through board #26. I kept leaving the game alone for long periods. I would limit myself to 10 - 15 tries each time. Finally!!!! Made it through. I am not even worrying about getting 3 stars LOL! Just getting through the boards once is a challange for me.

Keep trying and don't give up. Or don't give up entirely. Give it a rest for a few days then go back at it.

Good luck. Some of these boards are Hard!  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sun, 13 Nov 2016 00:16

Griddlebone
[Avatar]
Progress report: I have 239 boards (regular and expert) with 3 stars and 1 board with 0 stars. Anyone want to guess which board it is?

Expert boards 99 and 108 gave me the most problems getting to 3 stars. However, I can say from experience that it is possible to make 3 stars on all the boards except the one. I expect that the game will give me YEARS of enjoyment trying to get 3 stars on Expert 120.  
skip517
[Avatar]
debskold1 wrote:I've played seven different players and cannot get past level 120 on any player. I also cannot get any more players than seven nor can I delete any of the previous players which you can do on any other game I have. Am I done?

I discovered if you tap or click and hold over a players name you can delete that player.

Im now finished with the game unless I start a new player.
Video of Expert 120 Three Stars  

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Tue, 6 Dec 2016 22:58

crystalral
[Avatar]
I cannot get out of board 64 in expert mode. That's the one where you have 55 moves to ring each bell once and turn the board to gold BUT the top 4 bells are at thetop rows. I think I've been stuck there for a month. Any ideas from the people who made it to 120 in expert mode?  
RR911SC
[Avatar]
Well I've made it to level 101 in expert mode and have just gotten pretty frustrated. Just cannot seem to get enough opportunities to create 10 ship wheels with the limited moves allowed. I know that quite a few levels really required quite a bit of blind luck but this level is just ridiculous. The closest I've gotten is having 3 wheels still needed and that was only one time out of numerous attempts. Most times I'm lucky if I even get 2 or 3 wheels total never mind 10.  
RR911SC
[Avatar]
Ok I know that this level isn't impossible since I see from posts that others have completed this level and moved on. But I have played this level now for many days and have never even gotten close. Three times I have gotten to 3 wheels remaining but that's been it. If I didn't see that others are past this level I'd be convinced that it's virtually impossible to complete. Those that have completed this level must have been unbelievably lucky as far as getting the 10 required wheels as well as turning everything gold. For me I'm just not that lucky I guess...  
RR911SC
[Avatar]
Ok finally was able to complete level 101. Took forever but finally got the lucky combinations to fall. Now I just made it to level 112. Think this one is going to even tougher. Says you need to create 10 coins by direct swap, ring each bell 5 times all in 4 minutes. You've got to be kidding me.... 4 minutes? Also it doesn't say all tiles have to be turned gold but I assume that must be the case as well. First time I played the level I did create 2 coins with direct swap but it never registered and decreased my count. Not sure what was up with that. But creating 10 coins by direct swap seems a tad bit much especially in only 4 minutes not to even factor in ringing each of the 3 bells 5 times? Whoever created this level must be sadistic.  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Thu, 5 Jan 2017 16:02

Forum Index » Game Discussions
Go to: