Virtual Families: iWin Forums

Welcome back  !

Make life simple!

Connect your Facebook account and enjoy all of iWin's games and benefits!

Connect with Facebook No, thank you
iWin Forums, the place to meet, ask, and chat.

[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Forums Home 

Virtual Families
Forum Index » Game Discussions
iwinfansrocks
[Avatar]
_Candle_ wrote: How do you stop the leak in the sink?

Go 2 the repair room and click on the tool box.  
fluturyy
[Avatar]
I agree. Virtual Families is so cool.  
coolgirl131
[Avatar]
yes it like sims right?  
Paradoxis
[Avatar]
Mmizzell, after the first day of release, they changed it so that the store refreshes every 8 hours now. Thank goodness! lol  
sarahxnc
[Avatar]
I am so excited!! My family had triplets!! lol  
DexGypMom
[Avatar]

Mmizzell -- I finally got a chance to try this game. I am going to need private tutoring!! LOL Turned down 3 males (none of them wanted kids!) and took the 1st one who did. All I've managed to do was fix the bathroom faucet! Got wifey to go to bed but hubby wanted none of that; he kept hittin' the fridge, TV, surfing web, working on career, in the middle of the night....everything but sleeping. Didn't realize no one will take a shower until the sink was fixed. Spent an entire hour watching them walk around. Making just enough money to buy groceries. Where do you put a person whose career is photographing food??? The 2 other things I got them to do was pick up paper wrappers and put back the TV remote. Isn't that pathetic? I'll be 102 before my 1st couple has kids. What really cracked me up was when the faucet was broken and I put them both in the bathroom (forgot about the wrench) and they both look up at me and say, "Hey"! All I could do was laugh and say, "What you want me to do about it?" Just warning you....I'll be here a lot or PMing you out of embarrassment.
~MaryBeth

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Fri, 17 Aug 2012 05:12

Paradoxis
[Avatar]
sarahxnc wrote:And let me just add, I am more excited because I figured out how to post on here lol.

LOL!!!

Congratulations on both counts - the triplets and the postage.  
Paradoxis
[Avatar]
Mmizzell, yeah, I just deleted the game first, then re-downloaded it. It still comes up as the same version number, but it really is updated. I found my peeps had even more things to do - like "talking to the plants", and "bothering the fish"....LOL!

And if I recall correctly, I didn't even lose my existing familes from the first download.  
Paradoxis
[Avatar]
DexGypMom wrote:
Mmizzell -- I finally got a chance to try this game. I am going to need private tutoring!! LOL Turned down 3 males (none of them wanted kids!) and took the 1st one who did. All I've managed to do was fix the bathroom faucet! Got wifey to go to bed but hubby wanted none of that; he kept hittin' the fridge, TV, surfing web, working on career, in the middle of the night....everything but sleeping. Didn't realize no one will take a shower until the sink was fixed. Spent an entire hour watching them walk around. Making just enough money to buy groceries. Where do you put a person whose career is photographing food??? The 2 other things I got them to do was pick up paper wrappers and put back the TV remote. Isn't that pathetic? I'll be 102 before my 1st couple has kids. What really cracked me up was when the faucet was broken and I put them both in the bathroom (forgot about the wrench) and they both look up at me and say, "Hey"! All I could do was laugh and say, "What you want me to do about it?" Just warning you....I'll be here a lot or PMing you out of embarrassment.
~MaryBeth

LOL MaryBeth!!
Feel free to pm if you want any tips.  

Paradoxis
[Avatar]
BTW, in reality, peeps who don't want kids can still have them and vice versa.

I just had a food photographer myself. I can't remember now where I put them to work. I think it was the kitchen, but if not, then it was the workshop.

Have fun!!  
Paradoxis
[Avatar]
It's really funny to click on the TV when they are watching it because that turns it off. Then they jump up and wave at you and go "HEY!"

LOL  
Mmizzell
[Avatar]
DexGypMom wrote:
~MaryBeth

LOL!!!
In addition to what Paradoxis stated, I usually have better luck having kids with the ones who don't want any.

PM me any time you need help.  

kebutts
[Avatar]
Paradoxis wrote:Mmizzell, yeah, I just deleted the game first, then re-downloaded it. It still comes up as the same version number, but it really is updated. I found my peeps had even more things to do - like "talking to the plants", and "bothering the fish"....LOL!

And if I recall correctly, I didn't even lose my existing familes from the first download.

By delete do you mean uninstall??

Mmizzell
[Avatar]
kebutts wrote:
Paradoxis wrote:Mmizzell, yeah, I just deleted the game first, then re-downloaded it. It still comes up as the same version number, but it really is updated. I found my peeps had even more things to do - like "talking to the plants", and "bothering the fish"....LOL!

By delete do you mean uninstall??

yes, that's what she meant  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mon, 22 Jun 2009 16:23

Paradoxis
[Avatar]
That's right. I couldn't think of the word at the time.  
sarahxnc
[Avatar]
Okie. having issues today lol. All of the triplets are extremely weak, how do I fix that?? And the Dad is depressed lol. I thought I could pop in that video but its not in the store, so I guess Ill have to wait 8 hours til the store refreshes. So if I uninstall the game and reload it, will I have more options of things to do??? Hope everyone had a good monday  
Orilon
[Avatar]
How do I fix the son being weak? His health level is down, but every thing else looks ok.  
cristaleda
[Avatar]
trying to water my garden boxes how do i do that....  
sarahxnc
[Avatar]
To water your garden boxes you need to unlock the shed first and fix your hose.  
sarahxnc
[Avatar]
Ugh. Everyones exhausted, yet no one sleeps. Why?!?! LOL Geez, they are stubborn.  
Turbulant
[Avatar]
Hello...Im new to the site so Im just getting used to the whole set up....but Virtual Families is a great game....I've been reading the helpful hints, thank you for that!! I must confess that I had my doubts about the red ball..lol..but I did find one in the upper left corner of the screen and I also found another one by the stairs in the house...it was for two different families, I have yet to find one for my 7 generation family, but I'm sure it will turn up. Thank you all for the help and hopefully I can find my way back here to keep posting!!
Stephanie for Michigan  
DexGypMom
[Avatar]

Following my own advice like a good little user, I read through all the comments to make sure I wasn't asking for something already revealed.

• How do you get your peeps to clean up dishes after meals? Tried plopping them on table, near sink....no dice!
  • How many times can you reject a future mate?
  • In order to find collectibles & Easter egg you must drop your peeps on a suspected area...yes/no?
  • Do you first have to fix the hose before they'll water the flowers?
  • Which hose do you use to water flowers and how do you get them to pick up the hose?
  • While they are doing their jobs, the peeps stop, stand up, look up & hold out hands, why?
  • Is it OK for peeps to work on career at night? Is it something to encourage?
  • I want my peeps to go to bed at a certain time--10 PM. Tried repeatedly but they won't go. Should I scold them?
  • Do they have ADHD? They only stay on a task for a few minutes.
  • Do they ever interact with each other without user intervention?
  • Old BF keeps sending my woman emails. Will this annoy the man at any time?

• Observations: if you praise your peeps while they're doing a task, they stop and may or may not continue an activity. I found praising them right after they complete a task produces positive reaction from the game. Too many pets with the praise glove produces same reaction as scolding glove-peep runs away and tells you, you're nagging. I'm sure this will be one of many interrogation posts. Thanks.

~MaryBeth

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Fri, 17 Aug 2012 05:14

Mmizzell
    [Avatar]
    How do you get your peeps to clean up dishes after meals? Tried plopping them on table, near sink....no dice!

Place your peep on the sink, they must say they "see the sink"
    How many times can you reject a future mate?

For as long as you want, just be careful as you can't continue to the next generation if you don't have a child. I was able to have a single parent home as I had an adoption event before even getting a request to marry
    In order to find collectibles & Easter egg you must drop your peeps on a suspected area...yes/no?

For the Easter Egg aka red ball YOU have to grab it from the extreme top left hand corner of the sreen for the collectibles you drop a peep on it when you see it in the yard somewhere
    Do you first have to fix the hose before they'll water the flowers?

Yes, and the shed must be opened unless you have someone that will water them on their own accord
    Which hose do you use to water flowers and how do you get them to pick up the hose?

you drop a peep on the watering can in the shed they then take the loooooong trip to the hose that was fixed and then the loooong trip to the window boxes
    While they are doing their jobs, the peeps stop, stand up, look up & hold out hands, why?

some peeps are stubborn, what more can I say, LOL just put them back to their task and praise them
    Is it OK for peeps to work on career at night? Is it something to encourage?

I say as long as they aren't exhausted then it is fine to encourage it I do it a few times myself
    I want my peeps to go to bed at a certain time--10 PM. Tried repeatedly but they won't go. Should I scold them?

NO! Don't scold try chamomile drink and praise them when they go to bed, If you scold them to often they will become depressed
    Do they have ADHD? They only stay on a task for a few minutes.

I've asked myself a few time LOL still haven't been able to answer it yet! Just put them back on task and praise them is my only solution so far
    Do they ever interact with each other without user intervention?

Unfortunately no
    Old BF keeps sending my woman emails. Will this annoy the man at any time?

LOL no but it would be quite entertaining if they would
    Observations: if you praise your peeps while they're doing a task, they stop and may or may not continue an activity. I found praising them right after they complete a task produces positive reaction from the game. Too many pets with the praise glove produces same reaction as scolding glove-peep runs away and tells you, you're nagging. I'm sure this will be one of many interrogation posts.

I have found that to be true also, but happy fo you to mention it for those that don't know yet!

....Whew....I need a hand massager....where's that hubby of mine  

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Thu, 2 May 2013 14:56

Paradoxis
    [Avatar]
    Mmizzell did such a good job of answering your questions MaryBeth. All I can add is that there are in fact times when they will interact with each other spontaneously. These occasions are rare, but it happens when out of the blue one of the adults will "call children to dinner" or "call children to bed", or "call children to brush teeth". With these last two calls, you'll hear the kids and parents muttering and arguing about it. It's hilarious. LOL.

Every task has a set time limit. They call it a work cycle. So once the cycle finishes, they will go on to another task. That's why, if you want them to continue at a task, such as working on a career, then you encourage them with the green glove.

You can only use the glove twice before they will run away and tell you to stop nagging. lol.

I think the old boyfriend emails only happen if you started with a woman and she rejected a marriage proposal. Only then will she later receive an email from him - either telling her how fabulous life is, or that he's had incredible bad luck.

You can reject as many offers as you like, but they come less and less often after a while. I don't like to reject more than three, because then by the time another offer comes around she or he could be too old to have kids.

Something else I've discovered is that if you have a couple of kids, and one of them starts "playing train", try dropping another child on top of them, and then they will both run around the house playing train, one following the other. Like in Virtual Villagers. And sometimes if you drop one kid on another, they will run to the bedroom and have a "giggle party". It's hysterical.  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Fri, 26 Jun 2009 23:00

Mmizzell
    [Avatar]
    Paradoxis wrote:Mmizzell did such a good job of answering your questions MaryBeth. All I can add is that there are in fact times when they will interact with each other spontaneously. These occasions are rare, but it happens when out of the blue one of the adults will "call children to dinner" or "call children to bed", or "call children to brush teeth". With these last two calls, you'll hear the kids and parents muttering and arguing about it. It's hilarious. LOL.

Every task has a set time limit. They call it a work cycle. So once the cycle finishes, they will go on to another task. That's why, if you want them to continue at a task, such as working on a career, then you encourage them with the green glove.

You can only use the glove twice before they will run away and tell you to stop nagging. lol.

I think the old boyfriend emails only happen if you started with a woman and she rejected a marriage proposal. Only then will she later receive an email from him - either telling her how fabulous life is, or that he's had incredible bad luck.

You can reject as many offers as you like, but they come less and less often after a while. I don't like to reject more than three, because then by the time another offer comes around she or he could be too old to have kids.

Something else I've discovered is that if you have a couple of kids, and one of them starts "playing train", try dropping another child on top of them, and then they will both run around the house playing train, one following the other. Like in Virtual Villagers. And sometimes if you drop one kid on another, they will run to the bedroom and have a "giggle party". It's hysterical.

Oops, I forgot about the parents calling the children to eat and to brush their teeth.
    I've been able to get by with 4 praises before they tell me to stop nagging(but then again I was doing it for more than 1 task)
    LOL, I didn't know about the train and giggle party I'll have to try that out  
    Paradoxis
    [Avatar]
    *GRINS*

Yeah, I meant two praises in a row of the one job. I think you can praise as often as you like if you praise them for something else in between er, praising.  
    snavenasus
    [Avatar]
    you have to buy the missing parts for the fountain in the store. Keep checking and they will rventually turn up. This is the same to paint the workshop wall and also to repair the floor in the house  
    jculwell
    [Avatar]
    How do you get into the shed??
    Whats the wall repair kit for?? i cant use it on any of the walls!!  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sat, 27 Jun 2009 13:55

Mmizzell
    [Avatar]
    jculwell wrote:How do you get into the shed??

Have one of your peeps pick up the door know from the top right of the sandbox and then have a peep pick up the key from the welcome mat
    Whats the wall repair kit for?? i cant use it on any of the walls!!

The wall repair kit is for repairing the outside walls of the workshop wall

• Step one: place repair kit on the green bucket next to the sandbox

• Step two: place peep on green bucket. They will then mix it with water and bring it to the workshop wall

• Step three: place people on the green bucket to have them fix the wall

•  

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Fri, 17 Aug 2012 05:16

DexGypMom
    [Avatar]

Thanks Mmizzell & Para. I did put 10 lbs into a 5 lb bag didn't I? But there's still the looking for collectibles thing. I know when you see things pop in the yard, you can drop a peeps on it and they'll pick it up but those eggs/balls hiding all over is what I need clarification on.
    In order to pick up hidden objects, can you use just the cursor hand or must you drop a peeps on an area where you think it may be? And after one of those work cycles, one of my peeps did the call of nature stop but then went to do the laundry. I tried putting him back at his job and he told me no - snot. How do I get them to work if they tell me no? Since I can't slap them silly, how do I encourage it?

~MaryBeth

PS. Never played Virtual Villagers or any game like this before-totally new to this genre.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Fri, 17 Aug 2012 05:17

Paradoxis
    [Avatar]
    The only hidden item/easter egg is the red ball, which you find by clicking above or around the red glove in the top left hand corner.

The collectables show up randomly in the yard. Click on the collections tab at the bottom of the screen to get an idea of what you're looking for.

In this game, there are picture pieces, which only show up in the top left quarter of the screen *after* you've opened the shed.

In the top right corner, you mostly get the different leaves and stuff.

Coins are also collectables, but they tend to show up in the bottom half of the screen.

The bug collection only comes up when it rains, and they can be found anywhere in the yard at all.  
    Paradoxis
    [Avatar]
    MaryBeth, they usually say no if they are new (as in just starting out at their job/career). Just persist by dropping them in the right area for their career again.

If you interrupt a peep before they have finished a work cycle, then they will generally say "no" when they try again and you'll see a puff of grey smoke around them, like they've tried to work but blown something up instead. LOL!  
    Paradoxis
    [Avatar]
    It takes two repair kits to finish the workshop wall. Also, the bucket will dry out if you start someone on the wall and then go away. Once the bucket is at the wall, make sure at least one person is using it until it's finished. You need to watch them.

The leaking water hose needs to be fixed before you can do this task.

However, you CAN fix the birdbath without having fixed the hose, so long as you've got the green pump thingy.  
    jculwell
    [Avatar]
    ok, so ive got the pump thingy for the birdbath but wat do i do now??  
    Mmizzell
    [Avatar]
    DexGypMom wrote:
    Thanks Mmizzell & Para. I did put 10 lbs into a 5 lb bag didn't I? But there's still the looking for collectibles thing. I know when you see things pop in the yard, you can drop a peeps on it and they'll pick it up but those eggs/balls hiding all over is what I need clarification on.
    In order to pick up hidden objects, can you use just the cursor hand or must you drop a peeps on an area where you think it may be? And after one of those work cycles, one of my peeps did the call of nature stop but then went to do the laundry. I tried putting him back at his job and he told me no - snot. How do I get them to work if they tell me no? Since I can't slap them silly, how do I encourage it?

~MaryBeth

PS. Never played Virtual Villagers or any game like this before-totally new to this genre.

Okay...Here we go...For the Easter egg/red ball you can only grab it with your hand/cursor the peeps can't interact with it all it's purely for your entertainment plus it helps pass the time when they take forever to do something, (that answers your question, the next part is for lurkers) but you can only find it in the top left corner once. Meaning if you have 5 families running and you find it in your first family and place it say in the sand box, then when you open the 2nd family the ball will be in the sand box. And as for when they tell you no, just put them back to the task you want them at and praise them. Over time they will stop telling you no when you put them to work.  

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Fri, 17 Aug 2012 05:19

jculwell
    [Avatar]
    ok i was wondering, if you upgrade the kitchen will it give u a bigger table for bigger families??

and i found pieces of a picture in the backyard, wat r those??

and WHAT RED BALL?!?!?!?!?!?!?

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Fri, 17 Aug 2012 05:19

Mmizzell
    [Avatar]
    Paradoxis wrote:It takes two repair kits to finish the workshop wall.

If you have two peeps working on it continuosly(sp?) it only takes 1 repair kit. I've never used more than one kit  

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Fri, 17 Aug 2012 05:20

Mmizzell
    [Avatar]
    jculwell wrote:ok i was wondering, if you upgrade the kitchen will it give u a bigger table for bigger families??

and i found pieces of a picture in the backyard, wat r those??

and WHAT RED BALL?!?!?!?!?!?!?

• It will not give you a bigger table it will only make a kitchen career advance more quickly

• picture is a collectable

• red ball is in the EXTREME top left hand corner of the screen, take your cursor and drag it from that spot

• Bird bath instructions:
  • Step one: place pump on birdbath

• Step two: place two peeps on birdbath

• note: you may have to try this a couple of times to get them to lift simultaneously(sp?)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Fri, 17 Aug 2012 05:20

sarahxnc
    [Avatar]
    Hi All. I have a question. Ive seen the pieces to the puzzle, and the coins and leaves and stuff but have not seen any insects to collect. I always notice them taking bugs outside but not collecting them. Should I be looking somewhere else??  
    Paradoxis
    [Avatar]
    The bugs only come out when it's raining, and can be found anywhere at all in the yard.  
    Paradoxis
    [Avatar]
    Mmizzell wrote:...you can only find it in the top left corner once. Meaning if you have 5 families running and you find it in your first family and place it say in the sand box, then when you open the 2nd family the ball will be in the sand box.

I have not found this to be so. I've had to find the red ball in each separate family, and where I place it in one family is not where it turns up in the next family/game. I recently started a family from scratch, and haven't got the red ball yet in that family because I got bored with it.  

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Fri, 17 Aug 2012 05:21

Mmizzell
    [Avatar]
    Paradoxis wrote:
    Mmizzell wrote:...you can only find it in the top left corner once. Meaning if you have 5 families running and you find it in your first family and place it say in the sand box, then when you open the 2nd family the ball will be in the sand box.

I have not found this to be so. I've had to find the red ball in each separate family, and where I place it in one family is not where it turns up in the next family/game. I recently started a family from scratch, and haven't got the red ball yet in that family because I got bored with it.

[size=12LOL, What is with these games!!! I can't win!!! Okay do you find the ball with your first family and then start a new family? I usually start all my families and then find the ball so what I said above is true for me. But this time around I only had 3 running and had the ball in all three of them. I just opened another today and I had to find the ball for it. So what you said is true for this situation. So maybe I have to revise it to say the ball is carried over to the other families only if they currently have a family? What do you think...or am I just losing my mind? [/size]  

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Fri, 17 Aug 2012 05:21

Mmizzell
    [Avatar]
    jculwell wrote:Thank you! i found the red ball but, wats it for??

It's purely for your entertainment, the peeps cannot interact with it only you can. Have fun with it. See how many times you can bounce it off the walls.LOL  

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Fri, 17 Aug 2012 05:22

Paradoxis
    [Avatar]
    *para giggles with mmizzell*

I've no idea. All I know is that I had five families running at the time the red ball was first brought up here. When I finally found it, I went on to find it in each family. And where I left it in one family did not show up in the same place for the next.

Then, about a week ago, I deleted a whole family and three of their generations to start from scratch because it was getting well, repetitive.

That's the family that I haven't bothered to get the red ball for.

Maybe you're right and we are both right? LOL!

Dang these games!!!  
    katdog@ffstg
    [Avatar]
    If my child gets the house after the parents die, will she get a proposal? and have a chance to get married.?  
    Paradoxis
    [Avatar]
    katdog@ffstg wrote:If my child gets the house after the parents die, will she get a proposal? and have a chance to get married.?

Yes.

LolaWrinkt@ffmc
    [Avatar]
    Help! My parents are in their late 50's and they still haven't had any kids! I've tried at least 8 times and given both of them baby boost, but it doesn't work! There hasn't been a kid at the door yet either. They got married in their early forties (I know, late) because I was trying to get one of the marriage trophies. What should I do??? (This has never happened before, and I'm on my 6th generation!!!)

Also, I cannot find the red ball. There is definitely nothing red in the top left corner of my screen. I only just heard about this on the forum, and I can't find it.  
    shokahoka
    [Avatar]
    I keep seeing mention of a "red ball". I haven't seen a red ball and I've looked in all of the places mentioned. What is this "red ball"? Is this a forum myth?  
    Paradoxis
    [Avatar]
    LolaWrinkt, I've had children come to the door to be adopted when my peeps have been almost 60, so don't panic till everyone's dead.

Shokahoka, you can't see the red ball. It is hidden. You find it by clicking above and around the gloves in the top left hand corner. It can be a bit tricky, but just keep trying.  
    LolaWrinkt@ffmc
    [Avatar]
    Paradoxis wrote:LolaWrinkt, I've had children come to the door to be adopted when my peeps have been almost 60, so don't panic till everyone's dead.

Shokahoka, you can't see the red ball. It is hidden. You find it by clicking above and around the gloves in the top left hand corner. It can be a bit tricky, but just keep trying.

Thanks! One of my people just died and I immediately got a marriage proposal, so I guess there's that option, too.
    What gloves? i definitely don't see any gloves.  

Forum Index » Game Discussions
    Go to: