Jewel Quest: Heritage: iWin Forums

Welcome back  !

Make life simple!

Connect your Facebook account and enjoy all of iWin's games and benefits!

Connect with Facebook No, thank you
iWin Forums, the place to meet, ask, and chat.

[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Forums Home 

Jewel Quest: Heritage
Forum Index » Game Discussions
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
I just noticed that Sleepless Star is now in the free-with-ads section. I don't know if that's for a limited time or not. You might want to try it if you like the match-3 games at all, because almost everyone improves with practice on these. That's not an arthritis thing (I do sympathize with that, by the way) but a jewel board thing. If you like JQ and mobility is holding you back, you might get better simply with experience. There are tough JQ boards that took me WEEKS when I was new at match-3 that I now win more often than not. The boards haven't changed - I have! On the other hand, if you are just a die hard HOG fan and don't like Match-3, that's okay too. I like the Women's Murder Club and Golden Trails series, as well as Little Shop although the latter has a timer.

I just tried JQ Sleepless Star again and here's how it goes: the first game is a tutorial and has no time limit. Then you get an artifact (helper) that gives you 20 extra seconds each minute. That sounds great but trust me, it won't be enough later on in the game. Don't despair when you fail a board. When you have failed three boards in regular game play you are awarded another artifact that gives you unlimited time on any board where you use that artifact. The tradeoff is that you don't get more than 1 star and therefore can't have gold-level finishes, but whoop-de-doo. Silver is just as shiny.

I look at the structure they used in Star like a really annoying mom. "Yes, Johnny, you can have the carrots (relaxed game), but not until you've tried the steamed spinach (regular game)."

franl24fan
[Avatar]
After reading how much everyone likes these games I decided to give Heritage another chance. After many many attempts I have made it up to Tobias and Maria level . For some boards, I thought the "computer" was a little sarcastic when I could not complete in 95 swaps I was able to go to "lots" and the number was bumped up to 550 swaps. Really, I'm not that bad., I was able to complete in only 150 swaps.

My question now is that I have many puzzle pieces for various people, however, there are no more names or portrait outlines on the tree above Tobias and Maria. Will those not appear until I complete either or both of this level?? Or is there something wrong with my game??  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
A lot of times you have to complete the puzzles for whatever is available before you can move on. It's maddening when you find a piece for A here, then a piece for C, then a couple for B, but none of the portraits are complete yet. Eventually it all works out, but there are some places you don't have much choice as to what to do next.

There is a strategy guide somewhere on iWin that tells you which puzzles some of the puzzle pieces come from.

Since I'm posting, I'll throw in a little personal victory. I have finished the game through gold on one character. Let's call that one Gold. Then I started a new character (call it Silver) to try to beat all of Gold's silver board records. For the most part, it didn't take a lot of effort to beat my previous scores, since with Gold I was trying to get through the game, not have a huge score. Then I got to the third puzzle for Clara Kingsley. It's not a difficult puzzle, but Gold's score was 13,515. My first attempts with Silver beat the puzzle, but with scores in the 10s and 11s. Then I got a really smooth layout that went quickly... and the final score was 12,564. One thousand points lower! It suddenly occurred to me that Gold, quite by chance, had drawn a layout that had all the right jewels in all the right places, and generated a lot of chains. Well, it took me almost three weeks, but last night before I went to bed I got a really smooth drop and when I looked down at the timer bar I knew I was in the 13s... the question was where. It was 13,520... and Silver finally had the high score for the silver level board. Woot! I really was wondering if I'd be able to do it.  
franl24fan
[Avatar]
Thanks Griddlebone. I guess I'll see if the other characters appear as I complete the boards in Tobias or Maria. The strategy guide was not much help, as I went thru the the other levels the pieces I received at various boards were different that what the guide said. I now have about 8 pieces for unknown characters. I know from reading what you and others have posted who the next levels should be, but so far my tree just shows blank boxes above the Tobias and Maria level. I noticed that there was some discussion in the forum about first half of the game, so maybe that is where I am at. I don't see the percentage of compltion that others have mentioned.  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
franl24fan wrote: I don't see the percentage of compltion that others have mentioned.

Yes, it's pretty well hidden. When you're on the Family Tree page, look in the lower left hand corner where you'll see an "i" in a circle. Roll your mouse over it and hold - don't click.  
franl24fan
[Avatar]
Wow, it says I am only at 17%, this game must have a lot of stuff in it.

After I solved the 1st Board on Tobias, the next level came up on my tree, Juan & Francoise. I already had most of the pieces for them.

Computer was "sarcastic" again, on Tobias board 2 I had to swallow my pride and accept "lots of swaps". so I was given 500 swaps, but I only used 92 of them

So far I liked the flaming jewels the best, once I figured out I only had to get close. It's been trial and error to figure out what the rules are, but at least once you figure out one type of board it stays the same. Finally realized on swaps you could swap without a match, just uses up one swap but may solve an entire column. I also like boards with the specials, that was the only way I was able to solve some boards was to focus on getting lots of specials to use for those out of the way boxes.

May look at previous jewel board games, are any of the other 3 more fun??  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
I'm a huge fan of JQ III. I still play it all the time. I have replayed parts of all of them (Sleepless Star, Sapphire Dragon) but when I want to just play JQ, I either turn to JQ III or JQ Online Party.  
snolan65
[Avatar]
Hi, I have the iPad version of JQ Heritage. I have finished the silver level and the started out on the expert (gold) level. I only got thru 4 characters before my game went back to the normal mode - there is no longer a little box in the corner of the board that says expert, and the checks do not turn from green to gold when I complete a board.

I noticed in the reviews in the App Store that there was someone with the same problem, so I was hoping there is a solution out there. Can anyone help?  
jmitc
[Avatar]
I have just started to play. I have done the first 3 frames. It told me to put a puzzle together but I can't get any of the pieces to stay together  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
jmitc wrote:I have just started to play. I have done the first 3 frames. It told me to put a puzzle together but I can't get any of the pieces to stay together

The pieces go with specific ancestors of Rupert Pack. You can get a lot of help from the strategy guide. Here's how to get that:

• Click on Support (upper right of screen)
  • Under Knowledge Base (left hand navigation area), click on Game Play Experience
  • Click on Game Strategy Guides
  • Click on "Do you have a game strategy guide for Jewel Quest Heritage?"
  • Download the JQ4StrategyGuide. It is a PDF file.

• Starting on page 3, it tells you where some of the puzzle pieces go.

To see your puzzle pieces or score, mouse over the "i" button in the lower left hand side of the JQ Heritage Family Tree screen. Don't click, just hover your mouse there.  
    hakatam
    [Avatar]
    I am having problems with Maria de Arteche / swamps mode. Any ideas out there?  
    Griddlebone
    [Avatar]
    hakatam wrote:I am having problems with Maria de Arteche / swamps mode. Any ideas out there?

Those are some of the most difficult puzzles in the game, IMHO. My only advice is to keep playing. I get better at JQ puzzles the more I play, and as near as I can tell it is subconscious learning, because I just seem to improve without being able to pin down what I've learned.

If you're doing the silver puzzles, you're not going to like the next bit: you'll lose between 10 and 20 swaps when you move to the gold level. For Maria de Arteche, the layouts are exactly the same for all the puzzles. The only thing that changes is the number of swaps allowed. Puzzle #4 has only 35 swaps in gold mode, while #1, #3, and #6 each get 70 swaps at the gold level. #2 gets 65 swaps and #5 gets 60.

All of those puzzles ARE solvable, though. They are tough but many people get past them even at the gold level.  
    performancepi
    [Avatar]
    It's good to see so many other people enjoying these challenging games. I've played this dozens of times. Why dozens? Some how
    [JoVizcaino] doesnot throw a [FrCueva]. So, then I have to start over. I made it the top level of round 2 but was missing that one piece of [FrCueva] (two levels below the top) and therefore could never get all the pieces to finish the top. Very frustrating.

So, does anyone know how to shake loose a piece that has gotten stuck like that? I won the game that should have delivered the piece but it never was delivered.

Here's a level one view of it... did get to level two once and had this happen... had to start over and haven't every gotten past this again.

I'd submit a screen grab but don't see a way to upload or paste in pictures.  
    Lindsay_Rasmussen
    [Avatar]
    In regular mode on my Amazon Kindle I'm stuck on Princess Teotlalco Board #4. It's got the delicate gems and 100 swaps. It's funny, everyone says her board #5 is hardest but I found it easy in comparison. Any tips to passing this level would be appreciated! Thank you!  
    Griddlebone
    [Avatar]
    Lindsay_Rasmussen wrote:In regular mode on my Amazon Kindle I'm stuck on Princess Teotlalco Board #4. It's got the delicate gems and 100 swaps. It's funny, everyone says her board #5 is hardest but I found it easy in comparison. Any tips to passing this level would be appreciated! Thank you!

I haven't played the Kindle version, but here are my thoughts:

• There are two levels in the PC game: Silver and Gold. You have to work through all the Silver boards before starting on the Gold boards. A given Silver board will be very similar to the corresponding Gold board, but the Silver board will be easier. I don't know how this corresponds to regular mode and other modes (perhaps "difficult mode"?) on the Kindle. It's entirely possible that some board parameters were changed when the game was adapted for mobile devices. For instance, Princess #5 might have gotten more time to complete. However, if regular mode on the Kindle corresponds to Silver mode on the PC, be aware that the frustration with Princess #5 refers to the Gold mode, which is a harder board than Silver Princess #5.
  • In the PC game, the Silver mode for Princess #4 has 100 swaps. The Gold mode has 75 swaps. IOW, if you didn't like 100 swaps, you're going to HATE 75 swaps. I found 75 swaps very difficult, but with persistence I got Princess #4 Gold done. Princess #5 Gold was just brutal, though.
  • I dislike Swaps mode, and don't have a lot of specific tips. I tried to get the little 3-square "feet" on the left and right bottom of the board filled in, and concentrated on getting the delicate jewels into boxes. Fill the lower boxes first if you can, but in Swaps mode you usually have to work with what you have without a lot of "lower boxes first" strategies.
  • If a delicate jewel ends up in the space over a box, it will fall into the box if it's empty (good) or destroy the jewel already in the box if it's filled (very very bad). Try to avoid the latter.
  • Keep plugging at it. A lot of what works in Princess #4 and #5 is sheer dumb luck. Work to avoid mistakes, and hope the jewel gods smile on you.
  •  
    nparks
    [Avatar]
    shauna2629 wrote:I am up to the top of the tree - all the cards are open, just need to get the puzzle pieces to finish the last four - but my total shows I am less than 50% complete.

I also noted that all the cards I have completed have a silver frame.

My thought is that, after getting all the puzzle pieces and completing all the cards and the boards for those cards the first time around, I will have to go through all the boards again in 'Expert' mode to find the pieces of the Golden Jewel Board and complete the game 100%

Anyone else get this high yet?
    Yes I have done the game up to the last of the expert..Now I have only the beginning again..I bought the game don't know why I have been put back 5 times..very sick over this! can't even contact the right people at IWIN for help..any suggestions?

Forum Index » Game Discussions
    Go to: