Department 42: iWin Forums

Welcome back  !

Make life simple!

Connect your Facebook account and enjoy all of iWin's games and benefits!

Connect with Facebook No, thank you
iWin Forums, the place to meet, ask, and chat.

[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Forums Home 

Department 42
Forum Index » Game Discussions
uglygerbl
[Avatar]
Have you played Department 42 yet? Here's your spot to talk about it and exchange tips and hints.

Having Problems with this game? Please visit our Support Center  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Wed, 26 Jun 2013 13:32

kfranklin6
[Avatar]
I am playing department 42 and I am stuck I can't open the mirror  
kblue56
[Avatar]
I enjoyed this game. Good news: There are 9 cases to solve, and I just barely got past the 1st one in the hour trial, so there's a lot of play time. Bad news: Like all puzzle/hidden object games of this type, there is virtually no re-playability, so I don't think I'll buy it. But if you enjoy the combo of HO/puzzle, I think you'll like this one.  
kblue56
[Avatar]
kfranklin6 wrote:I am playing department 42 and I am stuck I can't open the mirror

You have to use the equations that are written around the room to solve the code.  
jmwornom
[Avatar]
This game has possibilities the only problem I have is it freezes up in almost the same spot everytime I try to play the demo. Anyone else have the same problem? I would like to buy this game but I'm afraid of it right now. Anything?  
kblue56
[Avatar]
jmwornom wrote:This game has possibilities the only problem I have is it freezes up in almost the same spot everytime I try to play the demo. Anyone else have the same problem? I would like to buy this game but I'm afraid of it right now. Anything?

Where are you freezing up? I only got as far as a couple of screens into the 2nd case before time ran out, but never froze up to that point.  
jmwornom
[Avatar]
It usually freezes up at the fridge in the bar, if I can get past that then in the wolves den just after deciphering the runes.  
jmwornom
[Avatar]
I got as far as getting the beaker this time. I dunno, I really like the game but I'm gonna have to think hard before buying it.  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sat, 12 Sep 2009 17:12

kertein1
[Avatar]
did anyone get past the mirror?  
jmwornom
[Avatar]
How far in is the mirror? Just curious as to how far you got?  
kblue56
[Avatar]
kertein1 wrote:did anyone get past the mirror?

yes, you have to use the equations that are written around the room to solve the code  
mendyb56
[Avatar]
i can not get passed the mirror scene

mendyb56
[Avatar]
i need help in figuring out the equations  
kblue56
[Avatar]
mendyb56 wrote:i need help in figuring out the equations

For those who want the mirror code, highlight the area below:

2 6 3  
mendyb56
[Avatar]
kblue resend the link to the mirror code to department 42  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sun, 13 Sep 2009 16:46

bailey8877
[Avatar]
If anyone is stuck just type in the game name and then walkthrough into a search engine. It will help!  
bkuzara
[Avatar]
Does anyone know what to do with the brass plates to open the secret niche in the lair? Thanks!  
kblue56
[Avatar]
bkuzara wrote:Does anyone know what to do with the brass plates to open the secret niche in the lair? Thanks!

Do you mean the 4 with the moon phases on them?  
patriciaoz
[Avatar]
I can't get the bear amulet onto the bear totum - is there something else I need?  
patriciaoz
[Avatar]
kblue56 wrote:

yes, you have to use the equations that are written around the room to solve the code

Use 236  
patriciaoz
[Avatar]
kblue56 wrote:
bkuzara wrote:Does anyone know what to do with the brass plates to open the secret niche in the lair? Thanks!

Do you mean the 4 with the moon phases on them?

Click on the brass plates in the order the graphics are on the wall

lori_6268
[Avatar]
I just played Dept. 42 and to get past the mirrors--type in 263--not 236--Good luck!!

bonlab
[Avatar]
has anyone got to the safe in the 5th artifact. i cant figure out the code to get in.  
afbassett
[Avatar]
bonlab wrote:has anyone got to the safe in the 5th artifact. i cant figure out the code to get in.

You can inspect 3 books on the shelves. Each book has a single number which is circled. These three numbers put in the correct order open the safe.  
val72034
[Avatar]
patriciaoz wrote:I can't get the bear amulet onto the bear totum - is there something else I need?
me either, help!!!  
domsdolly
[Avatar]
if any of u solve the the mirror i would be very glad maths was never my strong point  
domsdolly
[Avatar]
thanks for the code number now the bear has me flumixed  
Glyns3
[Avatar]
how do you repair the tripod ?  
DexGypMom
[Avatar]
Glyns3 wrote:how do you repair the tripod ?

If you notice in the crime scene, there are only 2 poles. You need to find the third. It is in the bar. When you get to the bar, you see an area sparkling near the register. When you click on the area a mirror with 3 skulls appears. The third tripod pole is there, laying diagonally across the opening. Grab it and take back to the crime scene.

•••MaryBeth

Volunteer Forum Moderator

darobbster
[Avatar]
I have'nt yet but if have let me know A.S.A.P.please.  
domsdolly
[Avatar]
the equasion is 263  
domsdolly
[Avatar]
patriciaoz wrote:I can't get the bear amulet onto the bear totum - is there something else I need?
go back to the resivation the bear necklace is thier  

Forum Index » Game Discussions
Go to: