Cowboy Fans: iWin Forums

Reset My User Details

Enter the e-mail address associated with your iWin account, and we will email your username and a link to set a new password.

•  

Set A New Password

Enter the new password for your account.

•  

Welcome back  !

Make life simple!

Connect your Facebook account and enjoy all of iWin's games and benefits!

Connect with Facebook No, thank you
iWin Forums, the place to meet, ask, and chat.

[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Forums Home 

Cowboy Fans
Forum Index » Chatter Central
austygirl2
[Avatar]
Rock on Cowboys

uhuru1701
[Avatar]

SandChan
[Avatar]
MONDAY NIGHT GAME sept 28

Carolina 7

Dallas 21
HOW ABOUT THEM COWBOYS!

joanietreb
[Avatar]
My two favorite teams are Washington Redskins and any team playing Dallas  
emcall
[Avatar]
So, Joanie.... are you trying to tell us you are not a Cowboys fan??? lol  
SupernaturalAngel
[Avatar]
Gotta Love Those Cowboys,Rock on!!!!!!  
joanietreb
[Avatar]
emcall wrote:So, Joanie.... are you trying to tell us you are not a Cowboys fan??? lol

Absolutely!!! Redskins all the way, win or lose, (sigh) looks like it might be the latter.  
austygirl2
[Avatar]
November 15th Green bay and the dallas cowboys  
DexGypMom
[Avatar]

I am a born and bred cheesehead from Wisconsin so you all know who my team is but what makes this year ultra-troubling is Brett Favre is the starter quarter back for our division enemy, the Minnesota Vikings. There are so many fans still "in love" with Brett that they'll follow him wherever he goes. Next Monday night is going to be tough, Green Bay vs. Minnesota on Monday Night Football. It's going to be intense. I LOVE FOOTBALL!!

So Austygirl wanna put up a few Opals on the Green Bay vs. Dallas game??

And Joanie, you're my kind of gal, I love the way you think. The Redskins and the Packers too, have a common history -- Vince Lombardi, great, great man!!

•••MaryBeth

Volunteer Forum Moderator

emcall
[Avatar]
My hubby is a big Dallas fan. I stopped being a Cowboys fan when Jones canned Tom Landry.

And Dex, my cousin named her first-born Brett, after you-know-who. Her husband's idea. I told her they would feel bad when he grew up to be horrible at sports. lol

I don't really have a favorite team, anymore. I usually root for the underdog.

I hate it when they talk contracts, drafts, and salaries. We can't seem to generate decent salaries or budgets for teachers and education, but are willing to pay billions of dollars to the sports industry. Athletes get treated like Gods, while those who are trying to educate the next generation of this country are ignored and unappreciated. But that's for a different thread. Sorry.

And, oh, to maintain the spirit of this thread...... Go, Cowboys. Beat the Broncos. (on Oct 4)  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Wed, 30 Sep 2009 22:04

scruffypuppy88
[Avatar]
COWBOYS ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
joanietreb
[Avatar]
DexGypMom wrote:
I am a born and bred cheesehead from Wisconsin so you all know who my team is but what makes this year ultra-troubling is Brett Favre is the starter quarter back for our division enemy, the Minnesota Vikings. There are so many fans still "in love" with Brett that they'll follow him wherever he goes. Next Monday night is going to be tough, Green Bay vs. Minnesota on Monday Night Football. It's going to be intense. I LOVE FOOTBALL!!

So Austygirl wanna put up a few Opals on the Green Bay vs. Dallas game??

And Joanie, you're my kind of gal, I love the way you think. The Redskins and the Packers too, have a common history -- Vince Lombardi, great, great man!!

•••MaryBeth

Gotta love those cheese hats, and Tampa Bay has a cannon. Washington has the "Hail to the Redskins" song but Sept. 20th game (which my son went to) fans did not sing but booed for a win with no TDs only FGs. Very disappointing to see the loss of spirit. We had another great coach in Joe Gibbs, still waiting for Jim Zorn to get it all together. I will still cheer them especially for the pizza toppings/free for every TD and double if we win. So much fun to say "Go for the pepperoni" on 4th down and 1 yard to go. Even though I grew up near Philly, can't cheer for them (michael vick_ugh) but Joe Paterno out at Penn State insists his players get an education.  
joanietreb
[Avatar]
emcall wrote:My hubby is a big Dallas fan. I stopped being a Cowboys fan when Jones canned Tom Landry.

And Dex, my cousin named her first-born Brett, after you-know-who. Her husband's idea. I told her they would feel bad when he grew up to be horrible at sports. lol

I don't really have a favorite team, anymore. I usually root for the underdog.

I hate it when they talk contracts, drafts, and salaries. We can't seem to generate decent salaries or budgets for teachers and education, but are willing to pay billions of dollars to the sports industry. Athletes get treated like Gods, while those who are trying to educate the next generation of this country are ignored and unappreciated. But that's for a different thread. Sorry.

And, oh, to maintain the spirit of this thread...... Go, Cowboys. Beat the Broncos. (on Oct 4)

Hi Em, You can root for the Redskins, because I think they will be the underdogs this season, lol. I agree with you about the money issue. About 20+ years ago we had a gifted player (Dexter Manley) who graduated from college without being able to read. Though i do enjoy seeing the players out in the community visiting schools and hospitals.
Go Broncos and Skins  
SandChan
[Avatar]
Sunday Oct. 4.
Denver 17
Dallas 10
OH well How about them Cowboys anyway.  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mon, 5 Oct 2009 17:22

emcall
[Avatar]
I just have one thing to say.

What the heck is wrong with Tony Romo?? No TD passes, and one interception. Good grief. And the interception happened when they were WITHIN FG RANGE!!!

And what about the rest of the offense. What were they all doing while he was getting sacked? "How many times did he get sacked?" you ask. Once or twice?
Nooooooo, oh great football fans. It was four. Count em...FOUR. (And someone even reported that it is five.) Either way, the question remains the same. Where was the offense? Again, I say....Good grief.

Dallas absolutely can not seem to ever beat the Broncos. Today's game makes us wonder.... can they beat anybody?

Jtreb, you'll enjoy hearing this one.... Dallas is now ranked third... tied with the Skins.

Austygirl, you and my hubby better find a different team to root for. Or Dallas better get a better coaching staff.

Good grief.

(I guess I had more that one thing to say.)  
joanietreb
[Avatar]
Well, I had a good sports day, we get four free toppings on pizza tonight. Will be thinking of Tony Romo's (beautiful smile) sacks with each bite. Go Packers tonight-beat Brett  
DexGypMom
[Avatar]

Well...it's on. Monday Night Football and the score is 7 - 7. I didn't realize how painful this would be to watch. I want to root for the Packers but I have such disdain for Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson. Brett Favre should never have put on any other uniform but the Green & Gold.....OK, deep breaths...... Yes, Aaron Rogers does deserve a chance to be a starter before he's on social security but we're not talking about any quarter back, we're talking about Brett Favre who has the right to act as a prima donna if he so chooses. This is where I fault the Packer front office. OK, now I'm done.....for now.

I keep running back and forth between the computer and the TV everytime I hear cheering so moderating will be choppy tonight.

So Joanie, the Vikings have to lose for you get free toppings on your pizza?

•••MaryBeth

Sorry Joanie, no pizza toppings. Vikings 30 - Packers 23 After 12 seasons with the Packers, 1 with the Jets and now, a Viking, Number 4 is proving he is still a threat in the QB seat despite turning 40 this coming weekend. Vikings are now 4 - 0 and on top of the heap in the central division. After watching the Packers offensive line, I think I'll be owing Austygirl a few Opals. gulp  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Tue, 6 Oct 2009 02:33

joanietreb
[Avatar]
DexGypMom wrote:
Well...it's on. Monday Night Football and the score is 7 - 7. I didn't realize how painful this would be to watch. I want to root for the Packers but I have such disdain for Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson. Brett Favre should never have put on any other uniform but the Green & Gold.....OK, deep breaths...... Yes, Aaron Rogers does deserve a chance to be a starter before he's on social security but we're not talking about any quarter back, we're talking about Brett Favre who has the right to act as a prima donna if he so chooses. This is where I fault the Packer front office. OK, now I'm done.....for now.

I keep running back and forth between the computer and the TV everytime I hear cheering so moderating will be choppy tonight.

So Joanie, the Vikings have to lose for you get free toppings on your pizza?

•••MaryBeth

Sorry Joanie, no pizza toppings. Vikings 30 - Packers 23 After 12 seasons with the Packers, 1 with the Jets and now, a Viking, Number 4 is proving he is still a threat in the QB seat despite turning 40 this coming weekend. Vikings are now 4 - 0 and on top of the heap in the central division. After watching the Packers offensive line, I think I'll be owing Austygirl a few Opals. gulp

So sorry for your loss, and especially loss of Favre He sure showed them, didn't he.
Actually was supporting you, we got the four free toppings for Skins 2 TDs plus doubled with the win.
Just think, Brett has beaten all 32 teams!
joanie

SandChan
[Avatar]
emcall wrote:I just have one thing to say.
What the heck is wrong with Tony Romo?? No TD passes, and one interception. Good grief.

Ok emcall I just have one thing to say: Romo throws, (and makes up for that fumble) Austin catch-and-run a 60-yard TD. Good grief!
HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS! ! !
Sunday Oct 11
Cowboys 26
Chiefs 20

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sun, 11 Oct 2009 16:26

emcall
[Avatar]
Hey, Sandchan. I did not get to see the game, today. So, Romo and his offensive line remembered how to play, huh? That's great. I'll have to catch the highlight reels.

My hubby and austygirl will be proud, I am sure.

My opinion still, stands, though. Dallas needs a new coaching staff. Imagine what the players could do with their talents if they were under better leadership.

On to the next match-up. Go Dallas!!!  
joanietreb
[Avatar]
Austy girl, i humbly bow to your teams prowess. Skins loss another game today to a team with no wins yet this season. Next week will probably be the same (Tenn-no wins) To put a positive spin on this travesty, we might just be a very generous team, making sure no team goes winless for the season, lol. Detroit, Carolina and Tennessee, you are very welcome  
emcall
[Avatar]
joanietreb wrote:Austy girl, i humbly bow to your teams prowess. Skins loss another game today to a team with no wins yet this season. Next week will probably be the same (Tenn-no wins) To put a positive spin on this travesty, we might just be a very generous team, making sure no team goes winless for the season, lol. Detroit, Carolina and Tennessee, you are very welcome

jtreb. How very gracious of the skins. Never wanting to make the opposing team feel ill at ease. What sacrifice. What nobility. What hogwash. teehee

None the less, I offer you my support, and will lift my voice with yours to say....Go Skins! (But I still have to say Go Dallas for my hubby.)  
joanietreb
[Avatar]
Thanx Em, I'll even cheer for Cowboys with you as long as they're not playing Skins or other conference teams. What am I thinking, can not do that. Maybe i can if they are playing Philly with michael vick. Boy, am just flip-flopping all over the place-back to my original stand-Go Skins (win or lose)  
austygirl2
[Avatar]
They won over the lions  
SandChan
[Avatar]
Sunday Oct. 25
Falcons-21
Cowboys- 37
How about them Cowboys!

PS: How about Austin  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sun, 25 Oct 2009 16:31

tucata@ffmc
[Avatar]
GO COWBOYS!!!  
austygirl2
[Avatar]
whoo hoo

SandChan
[Avatar]
Sunday, Nov. 1, 2009
Cowboys - 38
Seahawks -17
How 'Bout Them Cowboys!
Tony Romo did it again. No interceptions.
So he lost that fumble midway the fourth quarter; I told him it was ok to let Seattle have a final touchdown.

My boy Miles Austin was good, could've been better but that guy Trufant kept messing with him.
He fumbled but he recovered it.
Don't you just love that smile?

The Cowboys are in Bird Land. They flocked-out the high-flying Falcons,
sailed over the not so smooth-sailing Seahawks and are now heading for a bird of a different feather.
The Philadelphia Eagles who are 5and2 just like the Cowboys. Hopefully we will leave them bald.  
SandChan
[Avatar]
Sunday Nov. 8
Cowboys-20
Eagles-16
How 'Bout Them Cowboys!

6 & 2 and #1 NFC- east
My boy Miles Austin didn't do his usual but that's because I told him to give the other guys a little play. He had only one TD this game. But that touch down won the game?
Do I sound bias? Nah, it's just favoritism.  
austygirl2
[Avatar]
Amen i love those pics The smile is gorgeous the play the cheese head eww.

austygirl2
[Avatar]
Next week pack vs cowboys go cowboys

springmist775
[Avatar]
i am a bears fan  
DexGypMom
[Avatar]

Hey-hey-hey Mz. Austygirl - you be careful how you talk about us cheeseheads. Without us what would you put on your pizza??

We're a tad above "Da Bears" in the division with Brett and the Vikings at 7 & 1 ahead of the Cowboys at 6 & 2. So....whose going to the Superbowl? I know it's early but this coming Sunday is over the halfway mark. I say it all depends on who stays healthy and has enough depth but that's how it always goes.

Showdown on Sunday, November 15, 3:15 PM CST in the most famous stadium of the NFL - Lambeau Field, Green Bay, WI. Be there or be square.

•••MaryBeth

austygirl2
[Avatar]
Bring it on dex ur going DOWN

joanietreb
[Avatar]
Oh boy, gotta see that game, I'll be cheering with you MB  
joanietreb
[Avatar]
Redskins 27 (six free pizza toppings) Wisconsin cheese
Broncos 17
See you next week, Austygirl  
austygirl2
[Avatar]
BRING IT ON

DexGypMom
[Avatar]
FINAL SCORE!!!

PACKERS ¤¤¤ 17

COWBOYS ••• 7

The Cheeseheads HAVE WON!!!! So whose in the saddle tonight??? Hmmmm????

So Austy -- I'll be waiting for my Opals!!

•••MaryBeth

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sun, 15 Nov 2009 16:36

SandChan
[Avatar]
Ok ok but it was all my fault. I was in Alaska looking for a turkey and my phone and laptop didn't work and I could not talk to my boys. I didn't get back until the last minute of the 4th quarter. Plus I thought Dex needed a few more opals.
How About Them Cowboys any way....a loyal fan  
DexGypMom
[Avatar]

Despite my utter disdain for Mike McCarthy the head coach, I have to hand our victory to the OUTSTANDING performance from the Green Bay defense. Can't say enough about how well they played - 5 sacks, 2 interceptions, 2 forced fumbles, etc. and Woodson was phenomonal tonight. This puts us at 5 and 4 because of the by-week but I'm hoping for a playoff berth rather than a wildcard spot - fingers crossed. I also have to say Aaron Rodgers had some nice passes; threw one like threading a needle between 2 Dallas defenders and his receiver. The Packers played great today.

The game itself was a mess with ALL those penalties, 21 or 22. I'm surprised they're still not playing. Romo took a beating today and the Dallas team on a whole with the 3 injuries. I think someone broke their fibula?? OUCH!! Football is one rough game.

I'm not gonna sit and lie saying I knew we were going to beat Dallas but it was a great game to watch for a Packer fan.

•••MaryBeth

SandChan
[Avatar]
Ok, joanietreb,DexGypMom, Aquaashe and springmist775, I will have to move your posts to the "Non Cowboy Fan" topic. Now Dex I know you know better.  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sun, 15 Nov 2009 19:16

Shurfire
[Avatar]
SandChan wrote:Ok ok but it was all my fault. I was in Alaska looking for a turkey and my phone and laptop didn't work and I could not talk to my boys. I didn't get back until the last minute of the 4th quarter. Plus I thought Dex needed a few more opals.
How About Them Cowboys any way....a loyal fan

But what really happened is the Boys have 2 gear up for Thanksgiving Day, so we sent the Phantom Team to Cheese Town. Now, let's get ready to rumble...  
DexGypMom
[Avatar]

EXCUSES....EXCUSES!!! The GreenBay Packers won fair and square ladies. And I'm sorry Sandra but I'm not moving my post, it's in the right place. We did play the Dallas Cowboys and we WON. I know it's painful to see the score up there because the Packers do their share of losing, too. Maybe next time we'll let you win.....nnaaaahhh!!

•••MaryBeth

lionesss24
[Avatar]
I just love cowboys(after they shower)
& I love cheese too!  
austygirl2
[Avatar]
It was just a fluke so here r ur opals ill b a fair sport and rogers is the 1 who got sacked so hahahahahahaha nana a bobo

SandChan
[Avatar]
DexGypMom wrote: And I'm sorry Sandra but I'm not moving my post, it's in the right place. ...MaryBeth

Move your post...of course not. It was just to evoke laughter.  
DexGypMom
[Avatar]
austygirl2 wrote:It was just a fluke so here r ur opals ill b a fair sport and rogers is the 1 who got sacked so hahahahahahaha nana a bobo

Now, don't be a sore loser. As a GB Packer fan, I've had many a year of losses I had to suck up to gloating opponent's fans, but if you're a loyal fan to your team, you just have to do it and hope for a better season next year or a better game next week. And I don't know what game you were watching but Romo was sacked 5 times to Rodgers 4. I'll get a link to the NFL page for ya, later.

•••MaryBeth

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mon, 16 Nov 2009 18:35

austygirl2
[Avatar]
Thx much  
joanietreb
[Avatar]
Ready to rumble? I've got my clinton portis shirt (he's not playing today, neither is haynesworth-lucky you) and Skins cap that i got at fedex fiield. Since we are underdogs, what odds are you giving?  
joanietreb
[Avatar]
Here are your opals, i apologize for my potty mouth if you heard me. If you didn't - well, never mind. lol  

Forum Index » Chatter Central
Go to:   

Sign up now for iWin's weekly newsletter and special promotions and receive a FREE game!

Submit

Thank You!

An email was sent to the address you provided. To redeem your free game, please follow the instructions provided in that email and start playing!

Enjoy!

The iWin Team

We protect your privacy. Review our privacy policy.

is Our games are guaranteed safe and free of viruses and malicious software. We have rigorous internal testing and we are members of the McAfee SECURE program, which ensures that our games are tested externally daily and approved. iWin.com is also Verisign Secured certified and an accredited business by the Better Business Bureau (BBB).

Click logos below for more information.