Virtual Families: iWin Forums

Welcome back  !

Make life simple!

Connect your Facebook account and enjoy all of iWin's games and benefits!

Connect with Facebook No, thank you
iWin Forums, the place to meet, ask, and chat.

[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Forums Home 

Virtual Families
Forum Index » Game Discussions
AnneiWin
[Avatar]
Have you played Virtual Families? Want to talk about how great a game it is? Need game tips? Here's where to discuss it!

Having Problems with this game? Please visit our Support Center  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Fri, 17 Aug 2012 04:44

promqueen8
[Avatar]
What do you do when they start an oven fire?  
uglygerbl
[Avatar]
promqueen8 wrote:What do you do when they start an oven fire?

Have you gotten the shed open yet?  
simaster30
[Avatar]
How long does it take a baby to grow up?  
Julie416
[Avatar]
The children leave home for college at about age 18 or 19... then, I'm not sure when or how they move back. !!  
fissy87
[Avatar]
AnneiWin wrote:Have you played Virtual Families? Want to talk about how great a game it is? Need game tips? Here's where to discuss it!
I'm downloading it right now and I can tell by the pictures it is a good game

_Candle_
[Avatar]
How do you stop the leak in the sink?  
Mmizzell
[Avatar]
simaster30 they stay in their mothers arms for the equivalent of two years the same as on virtual villagers and I believe that it is 6 hours, but don't quote me on that I'm still trying to figure out the ratio.
Julie416 When the parents die, you get to decide which of the children inherit the house and start all over with the second generation(at least as far as career and marriage wise).
_Candle_ You need to drop a person 14 years or older on the wrench in the workshop(it's along the back wall in a red box).  
Xvampiress
[Avatar]
I found the door handle to the shed and when my woman was going to fix it i praised her, but she ran away and the door handle dissappeared!
Will it be bac where i found it in the first place or do i have no chance of opening the shed now

oo also my dryer lint is burninghow do i sort that?

daalmontte
[Avatar]
Can someone PM me about the burning dyer lint? I don't want it to KILL my family if I get further along and don't have it figured out. I already know I am gonig to end up buying. Thanks!  
Mmizzell
[Avatar]
I'm not sure if it will appear again, but I didn't have the same problem, cause even though I praised her and she stopped what she was doing, she went right back to fixing the shed door, try looking all around where she dropped it and in the sandbox or try looking at the shed door and see if there is a gold knob on it and if there is, then go get the key. And as far as the lint fire, you will have to get the shed open first to get the fire exstinguisher.  
tcfarms
[Avatar]
The oven put itself out? Key, where?? Ok, so I didn't water the plants in the begining, can I do it anytime??  
sammy4you4
[Avatar]
How do you get more money fast?  
Mmizzell
[Avatar]
tcfarms wrote: The oven put itself out? Key, where?? Ok, so I didn't water the plants in the begining, can I do it anytime??

All the malfuntions in the house will eventually go away on their own and the key is under the welcome mat as for watering the plants, yes you can do it any time, but you have to have the shed open and the leaky hose fixed first.

vfranch
[Avatar]
I wonder how you fix the leaky hose...and I think I see a couple of things that might be the missing part for the fountain ( I see a funnel in the laundry room....and a red valve handle kind of thing under the central table in the workshop.) But when I drop the adults on these things, they don't do anything with them. Any hints on how to fix leaky hose and broken fountain?  
Mmizzell
[Avatar]
vfranch wrote:I wonder how you fix the leaky hose...and I think I see a couple of things that might be the missing part for the fountain ( I see a funnel in the laundry room....and a red valve handle kind of thing under the central table in the workshop.) But when I drop the adults on these things, they don't do anything with them. Any hints on how to fix leaky hose and broken fountain?

For both the leaky hose and the broken fountain, you have to buy something from the store, the same as with the holes in the floor and the damaged walls on the workshop.
I'm gonna give you the directions to fix those 2 items.

Leaky Hose
Hint # 1: Buy the duct tape from the store

Hint # 2: Place the duct tape next to the leaky hose

Hint # 3: Place 1 person in the shower or get them to turn on the sink, then place someone on the leaky hose to fix it.

Broken Fountain
Hint # 1: Buy the pump from the store

Hint # 2: Place the pump next to the fountain

Hint # 3: Place 2 people on the pump to fix

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Fri, 17 Aug 2012 04:46

Mmizzell
[Avatar]
Since I mentioned the holes in the floor and the damaged wall on the workshop, I decided that I would post the directions for them also.

Broken Floor
Hint # 1: Buy the Floor Repair Kit from the store(you will have to buy one for each hole)

Hint # 2: Place the floor repair kit next to the hole you would like to fix

Hint # 3: Place 1 person on the hole to get them to fix it

Hint # 4: You will have to keep placing them on it until it is done

Workshop Wall
Hint # 1: Buy the Wall Repair Compound from the store

Hint # 2: Place the wall repair compound by the green bucket next to the sand box

Hint # 3: If you haven't already done so, then fix the leaky hose(see earlier post)

Hint # 4: Place someone over the bucket and as with the floor repair, you will have to do this until the job is finished

Hint # 5: Note: The compound dries quickly, so use as many people as you can(14 or older) to repair the wall, otherwise you will have to buy more.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Fri, 17 Aug 2012 04:47

Jeneiya
[Avatar]
I have the waterproof tape to fix the hose but it says there is to much water pressure. My person is confused. Does anyone know what to do? I already have the shed open. Also It is taking forever to find new collectibles. Are you having the same problem?  
Mmizzell
[Avatar]
Jeneiya wrote:I have the waterproof tape to fix the hose but it says there is to much water pressure. My person is confused. Does anyone know what to do? I already have the shed open. Also It is taking forever to find new collectibles. Are you having the same problem?

Read Hint # 3 (you will need to highlight it to read it, as it is colored white for those that prefer to figure it out themselves) for the leaky hose in the first post of page 2.

I've only been playing for about a week and I only have 7 more collectibles to go. I guess it just depends on how much you play it and how often you look around. I for one am on it for about 12 hours and am constantly searching around the house.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Fri, 17 Aug 2012 04:47

kebutts
[Avatar]
How do you open the shed door???
How do you make money fast???
How can you guaranted that they will have a baby???
Any hints???
Is there any other mysteries to solve other than the shed-fountain-n-hose???
HELP!!!!  
Mmizzell
[Avatar]
kebutts wrote:How do you open the shed door???
How do you make money fast???
How can you guaranted that they will have a baby???
Any hints???
Is there any other mysteries to solve other than the shed-fountain-n-hose???
HELP!!!!

To open the shed door, there is a door knob in the sandbox. Have a person pick it up, when they finish installing it to the shed, then carry a person to the welcome mat, where they will find a key to open the shed door.

As for making money fast, you can sell collectibles online, get a promotion, or when the event comes up, opt to sell your collection to the collector(I recieved over $1800 for mine). I also find that if I leave the game at night and come back the next day, just make sure your fridge is stocked, they have increased their money by a few hundred dollars. There is also a few books in the store that you can give to your people that will give them a small boost in their career which also gives a little money. But don't worry this game is all about patience you have many generations in which to complete all the tasks.

If you want to guarantee that they have a baby, then buy the baby boost from the store and give it to your female. You can also try every 15 minutes to have a baby, though don't worry if they don't because you could have an orphan show up on your doorstep or if the wife dies you can remarry if you don't have any children.

I believe that they are the only mysteries, after that you can shoot for getting all the trophies and upgrades.

As for hints, can you be more specific as to what type that you wouls like?

tcfarms
[Avatar]
I had to wait until the kitchen sink leaked (releaving the pressure) then buy the waterproof tape. I don't have a red handle (yet). There is a funnel in the Laundry?? The fountain you have to buy the fountin pump fromt he store. I wonder how to clean off the walls on the workshop. The wall repair kit doesn't help. Anyone know what the bucket by the sand box is for??  
tcfarms
[Avatar]
I also found that if you let them sleep overnight (pause the game) they are not tired or exhausted the next day.  
LolaWrinkt@ffmc
[Avatar]
I have given my mom and dad a dose of Baby Boost each but since then I have tried 3 separate times to have another kid but it never works. Any advice?  
Mmizzell
[Avatar]
LolaWrinkt@ffmc wrote:I have given my mom and dad a dose of Baby Boost each but since then I have tried 3 separate times to have another kid but it never works. Any advice?

Keep trying every 15 mintute, it will happen eventually. By the way, the baby boost does not work on the male.  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Tue, 12 May 2009 18:07

Mmizzell
[Avatar]
tcfarms wrote:I also found that if you let them sleep overnight (pause the game) they are not tired or exhausted the next day.

You don't have to pause if you have a good amount of food in the fridge. I have not paused my game as of yet and they are fine when I come back, though I do recommend pausing if you plan on leaving them for longer than overnight.  
Mmizzell
[Avatar]
tcfarms wrote:I had to wait until the kitchen sink leaked (releaving the pressure) then buy the waterproof tape. I don't have a red handle (yet). There is a funnel in the Laundry?? The fountain you have to buy the fountin pump fromt he store. I wonder how to clean off the walls on the workshop. The wall repair kit doesn't help. Anyone know what the bucket by the sand box is for??

Read the 5th post on page two of this thread, you will have to highlight the post to read it as I wrote the instructions in white for those that do not want to know what to do.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Fri, 17 Aug 2012 04:48

tcfarms
[Avatar]
I can't bring up any of the tips or hints. My cursor does not recognize the hints or tips as a viable link.  
kebutts
[Avatar]
I have not gotten that far but i was just wondering what age do your people die and then after they die what happens to the house and your kids??  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Fri, 17 Aug 2012 04:48

kebutts
[Avatar]
How is everybody liking the game???
I Love it !!!!!
If you have any advice or hints about the game i would love to know !!!!!!!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Fri, 17 Aug 2012 04:48

kebutts
[Avatar]
Can they ever be too old to have kids???  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Tue, 12 May 2009 20:12

Mmizzell
[Avatar]
They are not links. To highlight the post all you do is left-click and drag your mouse over the post. The same as if you're gonna cut or copy the text. If you still have trouble then you can PM me and I will give the answers there.

Yes, they can be too old to have kids, I believe that it is after 50, but I'm not exactly sure as I have had 6 kids in my three families before age 35.

I'm not sure of the age limit as I have had 4 people die at different ages. My first woman died at age 77 and her husband died at age 75(the same day as he disliked solitude), their daughter died at age 82 and her husband lived to age 89. I'm now on my third generation. After they die, you get to decide which of their children inherit the house. You can keep the game going for generations.

BTW, you can pick your people up as soon as they sit down to sell a collectable and the money will be deposited to your account, that way you don't have to wait for them to finish before sending them off to do something else.

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Fri, 17 Aug 2012 04:49

randychick
[Avatar]
AnneiWin wrote:Have you played Virtual Families? Want to talk about how great a game it is? Need game tips? Here's where to discuss it!

I LOVE THAT GAME  
tcfarms
[Avatar]
How cool!!! My 14 year old is doing homework. When do they start to earn money?? Or do they?? Anyway to get things in the store faster?? It seems you only get new things every 24 hours. That will take forever!!!  
Xvampiress
[Avatar]
My family never sleep, i will put them to bed before i go off and ill come back on and there all still tired. I tryed putting them to bed and leaving the game running it makes no diffrance. I have tryed feeding them and always have loads of food in the fridge  
LolaWrinkt@ffmc
[Avatar]
Xvampiress- Try putting them all to bed then pausing the game and leaving it for a while. I can't make any promises, but it might help.

tcfarms- I think they start earning money after they go to college at age 18. I have two in college and they'll probably graduate at about 22, is my guess. Then I think they come home and work on their career.

tcfarms
[Avatar]
I agree, they become happy or elated after you pause the game for the night. I usually shut mine down around 10 pm. Then up again at 8 am. They get tired during the day, but never exhausted.  
Mmizzell
[Avatar]
tcfarms wrote:How cool!!! My 14 year old is doing homework. When do they start to earn money?? Or do they?? Anyway to get things in the store faster?? It seems you only get new things every 24 hours. That will take forever!!!

When they go away to college, they do not come back home unless you let them inherit it when the parents die. The store refreshes every 12 hours.  

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Fri, 17 Aug 2012 04:49

MADCATLADY
[Avatar]
this may sound like a really silly question! but my people will not pick up the key at the front door mat! they are constantly 'confused'. Can anyone help me with this very simple thing  
tcfarms
[Avatar]
Did you already put the door knob in the shed?? If not, you may need to do that first.  
Mmizzell
[Avatar]
Yes, you need to pick up the door knob first, otherwise they will not pick up the key.  

Xvampiress
[Avatar]
I tryed pausing my game over night after sending them to bed
but when i went back on, they were all up, the game was still paused and they were all still exaused  
jensco5@ff
[Avatar]
My family is either depressed or weak. What can I do to make them happy?  
tcfarms
[Avatar]
Giving them treats makes them happy. Make sure you aren't giving too much to do (dragging them all over the map). That will interrupt their sleep and nap times. Maybe try putting in the towel warmer in the bathroom. Having a baby made my folks go from happy to elated.  
tcfarms
[Avatar]
I found that you have to fix the hose with the tape before you can use the other hose for repairing the workshop walls.  
Mmizzell
[Avatar]
jensco5@ff wrote:My family is either depressed or weak. What can I do to make them happy?

Give them plenty of praise, fruits, candies, have them watch a DVD togrther. If your children are a bit blue or depressed then place the parents on them and they will tell a story or tickle them you could also read them a book.

Xvampiress= Have you tried praising them for going to bed? This will get them into the habit of going to sleep on their own when they are tired. Do you have the hammock yet? If you have the hammock you can place them in it. If they are still exhausted, send them to bed 3 or 4 times and let them sleep each time until they get up on their own. I know it's time consuming, but it may help. You could also try the energy drink, which will give them a small boost of energy, so they won't be exhausted.

shyhyper87
[Avatar]
the key is under the welcome mat  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Fri, 17 Aug 2012 04:50

jensco5@ff
[Avatar]
does anyone know how to stop the bathroom sink from leaking?  
Mmizzell
[Avatar]
jensco5@ff wrote:does anyone know how to stop the bathroom sink from leaking?

Drop someone 14 or older on the wrench in the red toolbox in the workshop.  

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Fri, 17 Aug 2012 04:50

98ackies
[Avatar]
vfranch wrote:I wonder how you fix the leaky hose...and I think I see a couple of things that might be the missing part for the fountain ( I see a funnel in the laundry room....and a red valve handle kind of thing under the central table in the workshop.) But when I drop the adults on these things, they don't do anything with them. Any hints on how to fix leaky hose and broken fountain?
yea me to its too hard to fix it.my family is great we have 2,000 dollars and 6 kids just kidding i have less than 100 dollars and there hungry and week and they have a child  

Forum Index » Game Discussions
Go to: