Virtual Families: iWin Forums

Welcome back  !

Make life simple!

Connect your Facebook account and enjoy all of iWin's games and benefits!

Connect with Facebook No, thank you
iWin Forums, the place to meet, ask, and chat.

[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Forums Home 

Virtual Families
Forum Index » Game Discussions
DexGypMom
[Avatar]

Found the red ball; it really doesn't do anything but bounce. At one point it got stuck to the cursor hand and wouldn't release until I put it in my inventory.

I think my female has obsessive compulsive disorder, she brushed her teeth 4 times in a matter of 45 minutes. Is this normal? Don't want to scold her for brushing her teeth because that's a good grooming habit. Should I just redirect to another behavior? Tried to expand the family but my 2 unwilling participants did argue about it. You could here yummering from them and the status line said, arguing. Will try again today. My female likes to work, day trader, and became elated when I purchased a book for her. In between transactions on the computer and her paperwork, she hops around in joy--hysterical. But what kills me is when I direct her to work and keep her highlighted, I get that puff of smoke and her saying no but in the next instant she's surfing the web. If the computer works for surfing, it's got to work for the job. Another humorous activity is when they go to admire their outfits. Didn't think they would be vain, too. My male is kind of lazy in the work department and I constantly have to put him back in the kitchen work area; he's a butcher. Always praise him upon completion.

I've noticed sounds play when collectibles pop up on the property, windchimes and what sounds like a brass section of an orchestra. Have any of you noticed this? They also enjoy selling stuff on the internet and hop around upon completion, which brings up another question. How long do the collectibles stay visible? I don't want to interrupt them from work or a nap if they display as tired to retrieve a collectible. Is there a window of time to collect the objects or do the objects stay until you pick them up? Until next time.....

~MaryBeth

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Fri, 17 Aug 2012 05:23

Paradoxis
[Avatar]
LolaWrinkt, the gloves are the red and green hands you use to praise or discourage your peeps.

It's ok to discourage bathroom activities MaryBeth. In one of my early generations, I praised one of my peeps for brushing their teeth, hair, flossing, and something else I can't remember now, and a message came up saying that if you praise them in the bathroom too much it encourages er, unusual bathroom behaviours.

Atm mine seem to love using the warm hand towel. It drives me nuts. Rather than use the red glove, I pick them up and put them to another task and praise them right away. I don't wait till the task is over.

There are sounds like bells and stuff that happen when collectables show up. They also sound for no apparent reason too. My theory is that one of the sounds might be like a clock announcing each virtual hour? Just an idea.

Anyway, the collectibles are only there for a short time. Perhaps two or three minutes. Enough time for a peep to finish what they are doing before you drag them to it. So yeah, they don't stay long.

Paradoxis
[Avatar]
Some of the things they do are hilarious. Have you seen one do Tai Chi? and Karate? One of mine was fond of "talking to the plants". One of the kids insisted on "digging a hole to China". I can't believe they like to "bother the fish" too. LOL!

Have you watched the kids when they hide? They will actually go into the bedroom or laundry cupboard and disappear. It's so cool.  
DexGypMom
[Avatar]

Now that you mentioned the strange activities they do, I remembered my guy went into the living room and told the empty furniture a joke. Their exercise routines are funny, too. You can spend....well I do spend hours....watching all the stuff they do. Everyday is something new like enjoying nature....say what?? It would be so cool if they interacted more than the parent and child scenario you brought up in a previous post. It's like 2 strangers living in the same house. Well--off to see if we can get started on the next generation. ~MaryBeth

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Fri, 17 Aug 2012 05:23

Paradoxis
[Avatar]
LOL! I love it when one of them starts to play charades. Alone. LMAO.  
shokahoka
[Avatar]
Here's a weird one. The family consisted of Mom, Dad, and an 8 year old that they adopted. Dad dies. All of a sudden the 8 year old is running around celebrating the new baby. I'm thinking that the kid is crazy with grief, but the next time I open the game there is a 2 year old. I don't know if this is immaculate-conception, reincarnation, or hanky panky.

I've also had several grown children write back over the generations that they are having dreams about the house. Does this come to anything?  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mon, 6 Jul 2009 15:57

kasscute
[Avatar]
they don't get to have a baby fe minute they mit bit i get the baby boot.  
lt300m
[Avatar]
you fix the leaky hose by buying tape from the store  
lt300m
[Avatar]
there is a door knob in the sandbox and under the welcome mat there is a key to open the shed door  
007ofnine
[Avatar]
Paradoxis wrote:Some of the things they do are hilarious. Have you seen one do Tai Chi? and Karate? One of mine was fond of "talking to the plants". One of the kids insisted on "digging a hole to China". I can't believe they like to "bother the fish" too. LOL!

Have you watched the kids when they hide? They will actually go into the bedroom or laundry cupboard and disappear. It's so cool.

I had a message that "Nature is calling!" and my chick headed toward the bathroom. I thought, "I'm not gonna hafta watch this, am I?" To my relief, when she closed the door, she was completely hidden. I just hope she remembered to flush....  
007ofnine
[Avatar]
Do y'all ever talk out loud to your little peeps, or am I the only nutball who does that?

wnyjdmfan
[Avatar]
How do you get them to live so old? I am on my 9th generation, and they have all died between 62 and 65.  

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Fri, 17 Aug 2012 05:24

Paradoxis
[Avatar]
007ofnine wrote:
Paradoxis wrote:Some of the things they do are hilarious. Have you seen one do Tai Chi? and Karate? One of mine was fond of "talking to the plants". One of the kids insisted on "digging a hole to China". I can't believe they like to "bother the fish" too. LOL!

I had a message that "Nature is calling!" and my chick headed toward the bathroom. I thought, "I'm not gonna hafta watch this, am I?" To my relief, when she closed the door, she was completely hidden. I just hope she remembered to flush....

LOL. Yes, you can hear it flush when they open the door to come out.

I love how the childrens heads spin around like in the Exorcist when they are playing with toys. lmao!

Paradoxis
[Avatar]
007ofnine wrote:Do y'all ever talk out loud to your little peeps, or am I the only nutball who does that?

Oh gosh yes. I talk to them all the time. But then, I also talk to myself, to the TV, the computer.....

lt300m
[Avatar]
how long is the child a baby  
007ofnine
[Avatar]
Paradoxis wrote:
007ofnine wrote:Do y'all ever talk out loud to your little peeps, or am I the only nutball who does that?

Oh gosh yes. I talk to them all the time. But then, I also talk to myself, to the TV, the computer.....

You're not crazy when you talk to your computer, you're crazy when the computer answers back.....  
Mmizzell
[Avatar]
wnyjdmfan wrote:
How do you get them to live so old? I am on my 9th generation, and they have all died between 62 and 65.

I'm not sure, it seems to have been a glitch as I can't get them to live longer than 64 now. I guess they just didn't want to die.  
lila666
[Avatar]
I had to buy it!!!!
It`s awesome!!!  
Jas713
[Avatar]
Mmizzell
thanks for your guru knowledge
I emailed the techs, and their answer was to uninstall/reload the game. That's ok (sorta) as I like having the experience starting over, and having found this forum--your tips have helped tremendously! Maybe I'll have some tips myself later....can only hope--games need to change and morph  
007ofnine
[Avatar]
You may not have to start over. When the games are uninstalled, they leave some hidden files behind, and if you reinstall, you're still at the same point in the game that you were before the uninstall. I have no clue how to get those hidden files off your hard drive, other than some kind of disk cleaner program.

Mmizzell
[Avatar]
007ofnine wrote:You may not have to start over. When the games are uninstalled, they leave some hidden files behind, and if you reinstall, you're still at the same point in the game that you were before the uninstall. I have no clue how to get those hidden files off your hard drive, other than some kind of disk cleaner program.

I don't know if it's the same for everyone, but my save files are located in my documents folder under LDW, as I found out when I accidently deleted them. All you would have to do is either delete them or move them to a different location and the game loses track of them and starts you over. But uninstalling the game has no effect on your families.  
nana2_4
[Avatar]
Doea anyone change their names??? I do because I do not like the ones they come with. Who wants to be know as Giglo? I may be silly but I give them better names and in the note area is listed the first and middle name.  
007ofnine
[Avatar]
Oh I know, there are some bizzaro names in the program! I have to rename peeps too!

I'm not currently playing VF; I'm concentrating on My Tribes.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sat, 11 Jul 2009 23:12

lt300m
[Avatar]
_Candle_ wrote: How do you stop the leak in the sink?
you drag your peeps to the workroom  
nana2_4
[Avatar]
That's good to know I'm not the only one who changes names. This time I gave them all first names with M.. I usually don't buy games since the ones I like are free but I bought this one and became addicted to it. Thanks to reading this forum I've learned to play it better. But never have found the red ball.  
Paradoxis
[Avatar]
lt300m wrote:how long is the child a baby

The child is a baby till it's two.  
Paradoxis
[Avatar]
nana2_4 wrote:That's good to know I'm not the only one who changes names. This time I gave them all first names with M.. I usually don't buy games since the ones I like are free but I bought this one and became addicted to it. Thanks to reading this forum I've learned to play it better. But never have found the red ball.

I change my names all the time.

Keep trying with the red ball, you'll get it eventually. You know where to click?  
shokahoka
[Avatar]
Has anyone else gotten so mad at a peep that you tried to throw them out of the yard?  

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Fri, 17 Aug 2012 05:25

Paradoxis
[Avatar]
Yep. They wouldn't stop poking the plants. LOL.  
Millie-127
[Avatar]
it is soooooo fun but you get stuck soooooooooo easily  
Millie-127
[Avatar]
it is weird dont u think?

Paradoxis
[Avatar]
Stuck how, Millie?  
gallen2002
[Avatar]
to put out an over fire, 1st you have to get the shed open by finding the door handle by the toys, fix the shed then go to the mat on the back porch to get the key, open it and there will be a fire extenguisher your person can get it and put out a fire.  
hulabula96
[Avatar]
how long do you have to wait before you can try to make a baby again once the other baby reaches the age of 2+  
Paradoxis
[Avatar]
hulabula96 wrote:how long do you have to wait before you can try to make a baby again once the other baby reaches the age of 2+

A child has to be over 3 years old before you can try for another.  
tooleclan
[Avatar]
bea4 wrote:
Julie416 wrote:The children leave home for college at about age 18 or 19... then, I'm not sure when or how they move back. !!

they will only move back if you adopt them when parents die  
kittycatzi
[Avatar]
Hey its me and hey um can u have more six kids?  

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Fri, 17 Aug 2012 05:26

nany5
[Avatar]
i make my chararcter bring 6 children

Hannah_B_
[Avatar]
what do you do for the burning lint????  
tooleclan
[Avatar]
Hannah_B_ wrote:what do you do for the burning lint????
get the fire extinguisher from shed  
aaliyahs2
[Avatar]
i love this game its like you got your own famliy!!!!!!1111  
aaliyahs2
[Avatar]
love it!

abreu_88
[Avatar]
_Candle_ wrote: How do you stop the leak in the sink?
you take them to ware house!!!  
tykhe
[Avatar]
Can anyone tell me how to get them to mak cappuccino?  
tooleclan
[Avatar]
keep puttin them in kitchen or living room till they say making latte  
kittycatzi
[Avatar]
look in the store and if you have $35 buy the tape in the part where the clothes are and if its not there check over and over again until its there so did that help you at all vfranch

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sat, 5 Jun 2010 16:41

kittycatzi
[Avatar]
How do you have triplets, i've had twins, and one, oh! and what age do your people die? oh! And can you have a baby while the mother is still nursing?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sat, 5 Jun 2010 16:41

tooleclan
[Avatar]
kittycatzi wrote:How do you have triplets, i've had twins, and one, oh! and what age do your people die? oh! And can you have a baby while the mother is still nursing?

its random havin children so you might have to wait your people can die from about age 60 onwardsand if the mother still has baby in arms no you have to wait until baby is about 3-5yrs hope this helps kittykatzi  

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Thu, 2 May 2013 15:54

MSIANO
[Avatar]
Now this is weird. I have a single man who adopted a girl when she was 3. She is 18 now and just sent me an email saying she is happy to be married, but wishes she had a baby-she doesn't feel complete! They aren't married! Creepy.....  
annthewhofan
[Avatar]
I like this Virtual Families game I got all the upgrades now  

Forum Index » Game Discussions
Go to: