Jewel Quest: Heritage: iWin Forums

Welcome back  !

Make life simple!

Connect your Facebook account and enjoy all of iWin's games and benefits!

Connect with Facebook No, thank you
iWin Forums, the place to meet, ask, and chat.

[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Forums Home 

Jewel Quest: Heritage
Forum Index » Game Discussions
uglygerbl
[Avatar]
The 4th installment of the sensational Jewel Quest Series - Jewel Quest: Heritage - will be here on December 10th, only on iWin!

Having Problems with this game? Please visit our Support Center

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Fri, 27 Jul 2012 17:39

uglygerbl
[Avatar]
Jewel Quest Heritage is live! Come play while it's still got that new game smell!

Play Now!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Thu, 17 Jun 2010 13:22

scotkitty
[Avatar]
Well, from the short 30 minute demo, I wasn't that impressed. Not sure it's worth 2000 icoins right now. It seemed like it will be a nice game, but after the 30 minutes, I still like JQ 2 & 3 better.  
snavenasus
[Avatar]
just played the 30 min trial and found it was very much like the other versions. There are some differences but not enough to warrant me paying 2000 opals! I have found recently that a few games have gone up in price by 100% which in these times of the credit crunch is rather steep  
abat973
[Avatar]
Just played the 30 min. demo of JQ 4. Nice looking game, with some new twists. The 30 minute demo time though leads me to believe that this game is way shorter than the JQ 1,2 or 3. Probably too short to justify the price..

OK. Take it back. Another Jewel Quest winner. Silver is easy compared to gold level. I'll keep plugging away though.lol.  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Tue, 4 Oct 2011 08:39

momaie
[Avatar]
I just played that 30 minute demo too; interesting twists with the 3 ways to play the boards and the family tree part... looks like the game could go on for a while but not sure I'll buy it right now. I get the premium game thing but I can wait for this one for a bit...I'll keep playing my JQ Solitaire games for a while until it comes down to regular status or until I need a new fix of JQ, whichever comes first!  
Gatorau
[Avatar]
Visually appealing, nice storyline, gameplay in the 30 minute trial is challenging enough to hold my interest. Probably just the thing to spend some time on over the xmas break. I'll buy it. 20 bucks isn't going to break the bank.  
Gatorau
[Avatar]
That sounds like a bug. The trial limit is 30 minutes and yours has expired.

Played a little bit more of my 30 minute trial and I will buy this. Jewel Quest is really the foundation on which iWin rests. I'll offer my little bit of support to the coders and production team who have put this together.  
dawnag
[Avatar]

well for those that played the 30 minute demo and said it is the same and not worth the money or opals you surely did not get the effects to the whole game. I also played the demo and thought wow not to different but i did buy the game as i am a jewel quest lover.. own all of them and this one if far the best jewel quest i have ever played... it is nothing like the others.. it is much more interesting with alot of twist and different gaming... so for all of you who only did 30 mins it sure was not enough to get into the game.... well jewel quest and iwin you have another winner by me... i sure hope they keep coming out with this game forever.. if this one is the best so far i can imagine what they are putting together for the next one... you can bet your bottom dollar i will be waiting for sure... so those who have not tried this one go for it cuz it is a winner.......... thank u i win for another fabulous jewel quest........ dee  
funkat
[Avatar]
cost to high for a soso addition to the Jewel series. Nothing stands out to make it a must have , expecialy if you have any of the other three. :  
wcz6112
[Avatar]
I did the 30 min trial also, enjoyed the game, so deciced to purchase it. Once i played all of the 3 persons i could not progress on. Is there a bug in the program or am i unable to figure out how to proceed?  
sambone2
[Avatar]
I missed something. How do you unlock the locks?  
lionesss24
[Avatar]
I played the 30 minute trial of this game but seen you need to complete boards ahead of the locked 1's.
Start with Natalie ,the child of Rupert & Emma then go to Emmas boards then on to Ruperts.  
ollingfort
[Avatar]
I've purchased this game and love it. To unlock the locks, drag the key onto the lock. Another winner from iWin.

sambone2
[Avatar]
Cool!! Thank you.  
sambone2
[Avatar]
Cool!! Thank you. I knew I missed something.  
WSchwader
[Avatar]
wcz6112, Have you opened up a character card and placed puzzle pieces into them to complete a new character? That will open up more boards to play. You must complete boards to get puzzle pieces.  
SengaFox
[Avatar]
Dex I totally agree with you, I too find it frustrating having to wait out the activity before I can make my next move, especially when the clock is ticking...Iwin/JQ makers take note..we like to play fast thank you  
l4dyh4wk2
[Avatar]

I have to say I agree with both of you. . I feel this is the most challenging JQ yet and the time lost waiting for the extended /cascade activity to stop is very frustrating
Would feel it a HUGE benefit if you could iron out this kink Thanks!

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Fri, 10 Feb 2012 16:01

blush1one
[Avatar]
I don't remember how to get to the child's room to have it tell me how to play the swap mode. The limits on the mode are not enough to finis the boards. Very frustrating. How did y'all solve this? And, like a lot of y'all, the inability to move while the other jewels are running elsewhere, is not just frustrating, it's infuriating. I was hoping the designers had taken this annoying element out of the game.  
shauna2629
[Avatar]
I am up to the top of the tree - all the cards are open, just need to get the puzzle pieces to finish the last four - but my total shows I am less than 50% complete.

I also noted that all the cards I have completed have a silver frame.

My thought is that, after getting all the puzzle pieces and completing all the cards and the boards for those cards the first time around, I will have to go through all the boards again in 'Expert' mode to find the pieces of the Golden Jewel Board and complete the game 100%

Anyone else get this high yet?

WSchwader
[Avatar]
blush1one, To go to the turotial for Swaps Mode, click on Natalie's card. Then select the 2nd board to play. Remember that you can make a swap in swaps mode even if you don't produce a 3 in a row. Maybe that is why you are finding that mode difficult?  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Wed, 16 Dec 2009 01:51

ollingfort
[Avatar]
shauna
I'm on the top line too and my score is way down. I think also that the frames turn to gold on the second go.

Have you finished the top yet? If so, what happens next.

shauna2629
[Avatar]
ollingfort wrote:shauna
I'm on the top line too and my score is way down. I think also that the frames turn to gold on the second go.

Have you finished the top yet? If so, what happens next.

Not yet - got all the pieces to open up Moctezuma. There are six puzzles there - 7 common pieces, very hard. Have finished three. When you complete these, you get more than a simple puzzle piece, you get a stone block that fits into a mini-tree as part of his card. When I get those three finished, which will take some time - they are Very Hard for a reason - I'll post again.  
albertak
[Avatar]
I have completede the first 7 portraits in JQ4 and do not have the right puzzle pieces to complete any of the partially complete portraits. So. I can replay levels but not progress and not uncover additional puzzle pieces. Using Vista.

Any suggestions/comments?

Thanks.  
ollingfort
[Avatar]
To answer my last post, I've reached the top of the tree and completed it. After a quick story, it then opens up Expert Mode, whereby you turn the frame from silver to gold. You can click on any portrait anywhere up the tree in Expert Mode.

Edited to say: Shauna, for some reason your post did not show, so didn't see your reply.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Fri, 18 Dec 2009 15:32

DBourgeois
[Avatar]
I have just finished the normal game and reached the expert mode levels. Looks like it's going to be a long haul.  
hokin
[Avatar]
I am wondering why Jewel Quest series do not have a relaxed mode like most other games. I have extreme arthritis which limits my speed. Not having a relax mode is really discrimination against those who cannot physically do these games in the time frame that is given. I notice that nearly all other games have that option now. Please consider those that do not have the ability to whiz through the levels like others, these games should be for ALL not for the smart ones. I love the Jewel Quest series and I would love to be able to finish them. Please consider any new Jewel Quest Series to have a Relax mode for those that need it. Many many thanks, please do not leave us out.  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Fri, 18 Dec 2009 23:26

shauna2629
[Avatar]
ollingfort wrote:To answer my last post, I've reached the top of the tree and completed it. After a quick story, it then opens up Expert Mode, whereby you turn the frame from silver to gold. You can click on any portrait anywhere up the tree in Expert Mode.

Edited to say: Shauna, for some reason your post did not show, so didn't see your reply.

No worries

I finished the first go round, as well, and have started on the expert mode. Did Rupert and Emma (Natalie goes gold immediately) had have decided to call it a night since it is 1 am!

Thanks for the answer back - not a bad story, but man are those last few boards tough! The expert ones don't seem to get any 'helpers' when you replay them several times, so it really is up to skill more than luck?  
ollingfort
[Avatar]
Hi Shauna

Expert Mode does get more challenging as you go. I have to say I hate those monkeys, they are the worst for me. Love the ice jewels and swap mode. It's a shame they don't have game play other than the family tree. Like a previous poster said, it would be nice to be able to play in a more relaxed way, and also to be able to choose whether you want to play swap mode, limited jewel mode etc.

shauna2629
[Avatar]
ollingfort wrote:Hi Shauna

Expert Mode does get more challenging as you go. I have to say I hate those monkeys, they are the worst for me. Love the ice jewels and swap mode. It's a shame they don't have game play other than the family tree. Like a previous poster said, it would be nice to be able to play in a more relaxed way, and also to be able to choose whether you want to play swap mode, limited jewel mode etc.

Hey - have you played a board in Expert mode over and over again but not gotten any additional 'help' - like the chance for more time or more swaps, etc? Is that disabled in Expert mode, can you tell?

I am doing the ones on the third 'level' of the tree, and the swaps are tough! In 'regular' mode, you get 80 for one board, but in expert you only get 60!  
ollingfort
[Avatar]
Hi Shauna

I have noticed. I guess expert mode means less help, less swaps and less time!  
blush1one
[Avatar]
I keep getting the message "no more swaps" when I still have swaps and the time to do it in. Any suggestions? I'm still muddling through on my own to figure out this swap mode thing. Tried going to Natalie again, and got nothing. I still love jewel quest and will finish this game and get the new ones later. I saw it was ready and didn't even try the 30 minute trial- I'm so hooked I just bought it. It's great. Like the other gamer, I would like a relaxed mode, because I also have arthritis, and the time can run out too soon. I love this game even with all the frustrations.  
Daisyrosy
[Avatar]
hi,
I'm stuck on Luis de Arteche, 6th level. the top left- three pieces?  
liza53
[Avatar]
am lovin this game have got all jewel quests and love em all thanks i win keep em comin  
ollingfort
[Avatar]
Well I've nearly finihed Expert Mode, just need to finish two more games to unlock the final games. I'm having trouble trying to complete the two left. One is Princess Teotlalco - the last one whch is swap mode and pearls - sooooo hard. The other is Leonor Cortes - the third one with the time clocks grrrrr.

Any tips on strategy would be much appreciated.

Thanks  
stfu316
[Avatar]
you play the first round then you play the same boards in expert mode this is boring because you already played the boards  
WSchwader
[Avatar]
stfu316, About 2/3s of the boards change in Expert mode making them harder. On some of the other boards, other settings have changed. This might include the number of uncommon jewels that fall or the time is reduced.  
ollingfort
[Avatar]
Finally finished Princess Teo.. (swap mode and pearls). I thought it was the hardest game I've ever played in any Jewel Quest. One more game to go before unlocking the last bit. That would the time clocks.... they say aggressive timer.. they are not kidding hee hee.  
RobinLaw
[Avatar]
All I can say is I HATE MONKEYS! That said I LOVE Jewel Quest Heritage! I am now in the process of doing expert mode. It is tougher as you progressively move up. I really DREAD getting to the monkey level. That level was my MOST challenging to date.

For others that have found the limited jewels mode very challenging, you can clear empty spaces with coins. Try to turn the top portions first.

Good luck to everyone playing this game. LOL  
l4dyh4wk2
[Avatar]
Does anyone have any advise on how to clear the Swap boards... I think it should be easy, but so far they are the hardest for me. I got to the top & unlocked the expert mode. However now I can't get past Tobias Pack & Maria Jose De Arteche with out skipping over them. Is there a trick to doing the swaps... ie start at the top or start at the bottom?  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Thu, 21 Jan 2010 18:44

elaynemu
[Avatar]
Has anyone had trouble with the puzzle pieces? I think that I am pretty far up the tree and I am totally stuck. All my people so far are framed by silver so I know that I did every one but I am missing a piece of Francesca De La Cueva and I don't have enough pieces of any of the next 4 to continue on past Francesca.  
ollingfort
[Avatar]
I think you'll find that that piece appears later. I had the same thoughts but the piece did show later.

I also hate those MONKEYS and was dreading them. It appeared they were the least of my worries!!

Have finally finished Expert Mode.  
JustTerrie1
[Avatar]
I'm stuck on the monkeys. I get all the monkeys in the cages and all spaces gold but no complete. Can someone please tell me how to complete it. Thanks.  
Carole4451
[Avatar]
I just got done with Hernan Cortez, the last level. Played it and lost enuf to get the option of long play and less bonus. That it what I needed to succeed. I finally won it!!!!!! Yippee!!! Now on to more challenges.  
bevo63
[Avatar]
I am having trouble with Luis DeArteche, board 6 also. I can't figure out the hang down puzzles on the sides of the board. Any advice?  
Carole4451
[Avatar]
bevo, that is a tricky one. I say just play it till you come to the option to have lots more time and less bonus points. You have to play 5 or 7 times before they offer it. Just watch the screen when you get done with a level. Then you have more of a chance to win it.
Good Luck!  
davitad
[Avatar]
How do you get past the 1st three persons?  
petelau95
[Avatar]
Can someone help me get past a puzzle after trying to complete the board? It is on the "pedro de art..." level. I have tried and tried and tried....but even though I am a skilled player, I cannot get the bottom, middle left side and bottom right areas of the board. I am frustrated as I cannot move past this level, not enough "pieces" to complete a portrait on the next level......HELP1!!  
marciliggett
[Avatar]
I am having trouble I am missing a piece of 'Sara Kngsley amd have all the boards done previously. I don't know how to advance now Is something wrong with my game? marci liggett  

Forum Index » Game Discussions
Go to: