Virtual Families: iWin Forums

Welcome back  !

Make life simple!

Connect your Facebook account and enjoy all of iWin's games and benefits!

Connect with Facebook No, thank you
iWin Forums, the place to meet, ask, and chat.

[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Forums Home 

Virtual Families
Forum Index » Game Discussions
annthewhofan
[Avatar]
I had the email above they not complete  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sat, 8 Aug 2009 23:32

angilssin
[Avatar]
Why dont my peeps sleep?? every day i get on and they are weak and exhausted and they just sleep all day tryin to get their health back? i try puttin themn to bed before i get off but it dont help? Help me please ty  
DexGypMom
[Avatar]

Have you tried pausing the game? I believe all activity in the game stops when you put it on pause in the options section of the main menu.

~MaryBeth

angelfudge1
[Avatar]
_Candle_ wrote: How do you stop the leak in the sink?

get his tools  
wnyjdmfan
[Avatar]
How do you fix the clogged shower? I take them to the workshop but they don't get anything for it in there.

Also, what does the imported candy do? I'm too scared to try it out, lol.  
Cirno
[Avatar]
Virtual Families is like virtual villagers and sims But i agree  
Cirno
[Avatar]
and maybe Angil theyre hungry so you have to feed em k?  
HayleyEJB@ff
[Avatar]
imported candy is used to praise the person you give it to. its a good thing and they enjoy it  
hulabula96
[Avatar]
If you give them baby boost twice does it diminish the effect or increase the chance of twins? i have heard both and was just wondering which one is true!  
melia455
[Avatar]
This game is fun but how do u stop the lint form burning and i like rejected a guy form the computer but like when does another one ask for the persons marrige?  
Alania101
[Avatar]
OMG!This game is Awesome.I feel like this is real.I wish It wasn't only 60 min you could play it.  
SengaFox
[Avatar]
I found the little red ball too first try, does anyone know why the red valve is under the workshop table, or what its for, has anyone used it ?  
Mmizzell
[Avatar]
HayleyEJB@ff wrote:imported candy is used to praise the person you give it to. its a good thing and they enjoy it

That's not always the case, sometimes it will scold ur peeps, make them have to use the toilet, or give them an upset stomach.  

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Fri, 17 Aug 2012 05:30

Mmizzell
[Avatar]
SengaFox wrote:does anyone know why the red valve is under the workshop table, or what its for, has anyone used it ?

That would be just a game decoration, it doesn't do anything in the game and the peeps can't interact with it. If you've ever seen a real table saw which is what that "table" is, some of them have that valve on it to make adjustments.  

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Fri, 17 Aug 2012 05:30

Mmizzell
[Avatar]
Yea!!! I finally have every single upgrade, collectibles, and trophy!!!! Now what am I gonna do!?!  

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Fri, 17 Aug 2012 05:31

kidzrerunz
[Avatar]
Anyone have any ideas on what to do if my couple didn't have a baby? I'm on like my 15th generation and although they've tried numerous times, AND I used the baby boost, no baby. It's a bit frustrating to know that you've put so many hours in a game just to have to start over from scratch. My little people are now 56 & 53, so am I just out of luck or is there any way to overcome this issue? Any help is appreciated.  
Mmizzell
[Avatar]
kidzrerunz wrote:Anyone have any ideas on what to do if my couple didn't have a baby? I'm on like my 15th generation and although they've tried numerous times, AND I used the baby boost, no baby. It's a bit frustrating to know that you've put so many hours in a game just to have to start over from scratch. My little people are now 56 & 53, so am I just out of luck or is there any way to overcome this issue? Any help is appreciated.

From my experience, if they didn't have a kid before 50, they won't have one. But there is always the possibility try giving more than one baby boost. Plus there is a chance that you can adopt or remarry when one of them dies.  

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Fri, 17 Aug 2012 05:31

DexGypMom
[Avatar]
Mmizzell wrote:
Aren't there two bibs on the house, one in back and one on the side near the sandbox? Could it be for that bib?

I don't see anything in those two areas, but then maybe I'm missing something.

Sorry about that -- architectural terminology. A bib is a valved water spigot. I thought I saw 2 hoses on the house.

•••MaryBeth

Volunteer Forum Moderator

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Fri, 17 Aug 2012 05:32

Mmizzell
[Avatar]
DexGypMom wrote:
Sorry about that -- architectural terminology. A bib is a valved water spigot. I thought I saw 2 hoses on the house.
•••MaryBeth

Volunteer Forum Moderator

Aaahhhh! Ok! Well the hos in the back is the leaky hos that you fix and that you use to water the flowers. The hose on the side of the building is the one that they use to make the wall compound. So those two items are used in the game.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Fri, 17 Aug 2012 05:33

puppies202
[Avatar]
My fam keeps trying to have a baby but has only had one. I've tryed like five times. Do I need the Baby Boost?  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Wed, 21 Oct 2009 14:07

007ofnine
[Avatar]
Alania101 wrote: OMG!This game is Awesome.I feel like this is real.I wish It wasn't only 60 min you could play it.

Sign up for All-Access and you can play it all you want. I'm on A-A and I'm finally able to play the game, woot!

My first person died today. I moved their adopted kid into the house, got him married, and now I'm trying to get them to have a kid.

Is it me or does it rain a lot in this game?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Thu, 29 Oct 2009 16:28

007ofnine
[Avatar]
What I think would be cool for the next edition would be:

1) Let the family have more than 1 pet. I wanted to get a cat and a dog, but it won't let you.

2) Have them celebrate holidays. Have where you can choose a religion for them (Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Other), and they'll celebrate the appropriate holidays. The Other selection would let you customise holidays - specify when to celebrate and what the holiday is called. That way you can make your peeps Wiccan, or Buddhist, or Hindu, or whatever, or even make up a religion for them.

Also, have where you can choose a nationality and they'll celebrate those holidays. For instance, if you pick American, they'll do Independance Day (July 4), Thanksgiving, Memorial and Veteran's Day, etc. British will celebrate Guy Fawkes day and whatever else they have over there. And again. have custom holiday slots so you can make your own holidays.

And then finally - although this might be pushing the envelope too much, have where you can put in what kind of decorations your peeps use for a custom holiday. Make it so it uses bmp files so you can design it on Paint. This is so people in Mexico and the southwest US can celebrate Cinco De Mayo and stuff.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Thu, 2 May 2013 15:58

007ofnine
[Avatar]
Okies...... my adopted kid and his wife finally made some kids; they have two girls and a boy. I'm trying to get more kids made, but for some reason the wife won't conceive again. She's only 41.

Yes, the label says trying to make a kid, and they're doing the rose petal and funky dance thing, but no baby results. The rose petals and funky dance ARE the baby-making process - this is an E for Everyone game!  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sat, 31 Oct 2009 20:40

007ofnine
[Avatar]
Something I've noticed - it seems that when you get the first generation trained the way you like them, the future generations are trained too - in other words, you don't have to start from scratch to train them.

For instance, I like my peeps to put the groceries away as soon as I set them on the table. So I give them a pat whenever they do.

hulabula96
[Avatar]
How long do you have to wait after the wife puts the kid down to have a kid? I have a 2 year old and was just wondering....thx!=]  
snavenasus
[Avatar]
I have been playing vf since it was 1st launched by iwin but this week my family refused to have children. They went through the motions but it just didn't happen so now they have all died out and I will hav e to start all over again only I can't be bothered so I suppose that is the end of that one. Still I enjoyed it but I was starting to get fed up.  
Rajendraan
[Avatar]
How do you open the shed???  
nataliars
[Avatar]
98ackies wrote:
vfranch wrote:I wonder how you fix the leaky hose...and I think I see a couple of things that might be the missing part for the fountain ( I see a funnel in the laundry room....and a red valve handle kind of thing under the central table in the workshop.) But when I drop the adults on these things, they don't do anything with them. Any hints on how to fix leaky hose and broken fountain?
yea me to its too hard to fix it.my family is great we have 2,000 dollars and 6 kids just kidding i have less than 100 dollars and there hungry and week and they have a child

I also had a problem with the leaky hose, I tried to close the water pressure but nothing, and then after a couple of hours, there was a cloged in my shower and that solved my pressure problem and fixed the hose! now I have a cloged problem how to fix it????  
maneihi
[Avatar]
how do i get more money in virtual families?  
maneihi
[Avatar]
how do i get to the next level?  
007ofnine
[Avatar]
maneihi wrote:how do i get to the next level?

You mean the next generation? You have to wait for one of your peeps to die, then you choose New Generation.

That would be another good feature for the next version - being able to start the next gen before someone dies. Maybe put Grampa & Gramma in a mother-in-law house in back.

007ofnine
[Avatar]
Is it me, or does it rain a lot in this game??? Like 2-3 times a day! That may not be a lot if you live in Seattle, but I'm in California - the only time it rains that much is in the wintertime.

nataliars
[Avatar]
How in the world do you chase a gopher??? and what are the "9 behaviors"?  

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Fri, 20 Nov 2009 20:38

amuk97
[Avatar]
My son is depressed and keeps going and hiding in the garden, and the action box say he is 'Jealous of new baby' but I don't even have a new baby. Seeing as i have the lite version on my ipod, i can only have on child per generation. I have tried letting him play vidoe games e.t.c and I have tried getting his parents to interact with him bu it makes no difference. He is also weak.

Plz help!  
007ofnine
[Avatar]
I have the full PC version, so I don't know what may or may not be implemented on ipod.

Can you buy snacks at the store? E.g., candy, bananas, mangos, blood oranges. Try feeding him a few of those. And pat him often with the praise hand. Don't whack him with the scold hand unless absolutely necessary. Weakness generally goes away after awhile, as long as they are well-fed and rested.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mon, 23 Nov 2009 12:32

007ofnine
[Avatar]
nataliars wrote:How in the world do you chase a gopher??? and what are the "9 behaviors"?

The gophers I haven't figured out. Somebody on another website said they let the kids play in the yard where the gophers are and they chase them, but so far it hasn't worked for me.

The nine behaviors are the 9 just above that award: "Boob Tube" to "Fire Stopper". I've heard the "Lotta Latte" can only be done after you upgrade your kitchen to level 3. I dunno how I'm gonna get "Sleeping Dragon", cos none of my peeps does kung fu.

hulabula96
[Avatar]
nataliars wrote:
98ackies wrote:
vfranch wrote:I wonder how you fix the leaky hose...and I think I see a couple of things that might be the missing part for the fountain ( I see a funnel in the laundry room....and a red valve handle kind of thing under the central table in the workshop.) But when I drop the adults on these things, they don't do anything with them. Any hints on how to fix leaky hose and broken fountain?
yea me to its too hard to fix it.my family is great we have 2,000 dollars and 6 kids just kidding i have less than 100 dollars and there hungry and week and they have a child

I also had a problem with the leaky hose, I tried to close the water pressure but nothing, and then after a couple of hours, there was a cloged in my shower and that solved my pressure problem and fixed the hose! now I have a cloged problem how to fix it????

You can fix the clog by dropping your peep on the bucket in the laundry room. it has a plunger in it that they grab. this is also used for the clogged toilet.  
puppies202
[Avatar]
007ofnine wrote:
nataliars wrote:How in the world do you chase a gopher??? and what are the "9 behaviors"?

The gophers I haven't figured out. Somebody on another website said they let the kids play in the yard where the gophers are and they chase them, but so far it hasn't worked for me.

The nine behaviors are the 9 just above that award: "Boob Tube" to "Fire Stopper". I've heard the "Lotta Latte" can only be done after you upgrade your kitchen to level 3. I dunno how I'm gonna get "Sleeping Dragon", cos none of my peeps does kung fu.

To get the gophers you let the kids play on the lawn. When you see a gopher praise the kid.  
puppies202
[Avatar]
How do you get your fam to do kung fu?  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Wed, 16 Dec 2009 12:36

misstalk
[Avatar]
If you upgrade an area will the wall and floor damge be fixed?

krgrundy45
[Avatar]
what do you do if one of your people is feeling a bit blue?  
krgrundy45
[Avatar]
what do you do if your peeps are extremely weak? My whole family is extremely weak.  
peacefansinger001
[Avatar]
I definietly need to check out that game.  
Bumble000
[Avatar]
Mmizzell wrote:They are not links. To highlight the post all you do is left-click and drag your mouse over the post. The same as if you're gonna cut or copy the text. If you still have trouble then you can PM me and I will give the answers there.

Yes, they can be too old to have kids, I believe that it is after 50, but I'm not exactly sure as I have had 6 kids in my three families before age 35.

I'm not sure of the age limit as I have had 4 people die at different ages. My first woman died at age 77 and her husband died at age 75(the same day as he disliked solitude), their daughter died at age 82 and her husband lived to age 89. I'm now on my third generation. After they die, you get to decide which of their children inherit the house. You can keep the game going for generations.

BTW, you can pick your people up as soon as they sit down to sell a collectable and the money will be deposited to your account, that way you don't have to wait for them to finish before sending them off to do something else.

That is quite weird cos my sister was playing the game and her daughters hubby died at the age of 45?? Why did that happen?  

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Fri, 17 Aug 2012 05:35

kitten149
[Avatar]
I've had this game for awhile and one of my families got all the trophies. The bugs are the hardest of the collections to get. If you want your peeps to make a lot of money, the best thing to do is to train them to work. Also, how much they make depends on their occupation. Some of them start at $15 a day, but by the time they master their career they make the most money. It's good to have them in a second or third generation rather than a first. If your peeps need money fast, have them gather collectibles. If you have it already in your collection, you'll sell it and get money. The rare ones sell for $50. The common ones sell for $5, but I forget what the other ones sell for. It's been awhile since I've palyed it.  
sassiangel
[Avatar]
I have something weird happening. I have 3 families... I ended up losing the game on my first family and started over, so I'm not sure what generation I'm on. The problem is with the 2nd and 3rd families. This JUST started. I lost the game on my 3rd family (which was on the 30th generation) because I turned down 3 marriage proposals and never got anymore, so she didn't have kids and the game ended. The weird thing about that one was that in the details, it showed her having 4 kids, but she had none. Now, my 2nd family just started a new generation... It's around the 30th... he inherited the house at 23. Now he's 30 and STILL hasn't gotten a marriage proposal! In all the other families, the marriage proposals started coming within about 5-10 minutes after the person inherited the house. I'm wondering if there is some sort of "glitch" in the game around the 30th generation? Anyone else having this problem??
Thanks!  
momaie
[Avatar]
Hey, anyone else wondering just how old those pets can get? Even after 30 generations, they never die...a little scary...lol  
007ofnine
[Avatar]
momaie wrote:Hey, anyone else wondering just how old those pets can get? Even after 30 generations, they never die...a little scary...lol

ROFL!

Yeah, it irks me that pets in most games are treated like inanimate objects. I think they should be treated like NPCs. Real pet lovers will tell you their pets are just like their kids - only with 4 legs and fur.

I took my mom's cat to the vet one time; I asked the vet, "If my mom is the cat's mommy, does that mean he's my brother?"
She was dead serious when she answered, "He IS your brother!"

I have one feline daugher, 4 feline nieces, a canine niece, and a canine nephew. Oh, and my brother has two canine stepdaughters.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Thu, 14 Jan 2010 11:35

Lunaxporch
[Avatar]
i was just wondering when cobwebs appear I've never seen one?  
Shekka1
[Avatar]
umm how do you open the shed door????  

Forum Index » Game Discussions
Go to: