What is Your Favorite Television Show?: iWin Forums

Welcome back  !

Make life simple!

Connect your Facebook account and enjoy all of iWin's games and benefits!

Connect with Facebook No, thank you
iWin Forums, the place to meet, ask, and chat.

[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Forums Home 

What is Your Favorite Television Show?
Forum Index » Chatter Central
goofyduck1
[Avatar]
Okay - couldn't find a previous thread for this subject either so here goes. What is your favorite television show of ALL TIME? And if you can't pick just one, name your top three!! (All time means not just the new shows - it means ALL TIME lol)

My favorite:

The West Wing

And if I had to name 2 and 3:

The Outer Limits
It Takes a Thief

(If you have trouble remembering which show you liked best - we all have lapses in memory even though you remember some show that stood out LOL - check out Old TV Shows which lists just about every TV show there was!)

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Thu, 4 Feb 2010 00:50

babynlove47
[Avatar]
well i would have to say touched by an angel i can watch that show all the time..#2 is mash #3 golden girls  
sophidia
[Avatar]
O boy can't make a choice
Oke top three for now, the shows I wanted to stay home for
Startrek with captain Picard/Data/Worf/Riker Geordi and so on
Macgyver
Magnum PI  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Thu, 4 Feb 2010 04:40

pandie1
[Avatar]
That is such a hard question....here it goes... Macgyver, Stargate, and Nero Wolfe. Can't just pick one!  
ShayeraHol
[Avatar]
Blackadder
The Young Ones
The Monkees  
honk1
[Avatar]
My all time favorites from when I was a little girl are:
Roy Rogers Theater
Ed Sullivan show because frequently he had a chaaracter on there that I loved and still think fondly of - Popogigo - a little puppet mouse - when I was little I thought it was a real mouse.
And these two are neck and neck :
Bones and Castle  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sat, 6 Feb 2010 16:01

goofyduck1
[Avatar]
Awwwww I LOVED Topogigo (or is it Popogigo?)! I always watched the show when he was on. Thanks for the memory - I hadn't thought about him in years!  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sat, 6 Feb 2010 20:55

stella_99
[Avatar]
I also LOVE Topo Gigio. I used to watch him as a kid in the '80s. He used to have a show in spanish and that's how I came to know him. He is so adorable and cute. It was only about a year ago that I learned that he was Italian and of his appearances on the Ed Sullivan Show. BTW topo is Italian for mouse.

As for my fav TV show it is Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Love Buffy. My other favs are Three's Company and Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman.  
Angelann66
[Avatar]
my -favorite tvshow right now is Family Guy/ The Outer limits, Anything but Stephen King or to much bloody stuff where they show evil parts like gore I don't like that so much. It litally gives me nightmares  
Angelann66
[Avatar]
I'd go with the lady that said touched by an angel , that was really good also Iwish the Facts of life were still on t.v. I know they were so 80 's but I watched it religiously,I loved that show!  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Thu, 18 Feb 2010 00:10

moneywishes
[Avatar]
The Big Bang Theory

Criminal Minds

American Idol

Those are my top 3.  
joanietreb
[Avatar]
Joan of Arcadia (not because of the name joan-but the cast, acting and story lines were great)
China Beach & Mash - for laughing in the face of chaos
Get Smart - a primer for the intelligence community

jewelicious
[Avatar]
#1 Red Dwarf
#2 Hercule Poirot Mysteries
#3 Prisoner Cell Block H

I really like MASH too and Next Gen They are tied for 4th I would like to say Magnum PI, but the show really sucked. I used to watch it intently and never missed an episode. I will even watch reruns now. I could even watch it with the sound off...It was really (entertaining!?) lol

jamgrass
[Avatar]
LOST !!
Also enjoy Bones, NCIS , Animal PLanet "The Haunted", most of the old movies on TCM  
dawnyv
[Avatar]
I would have to say Seinfeld is my number one

2. Prison Break

3. here's an oldie Little House on the Prairie  
barbie0251
[Avatar]
We love to watch NCIS and Law and Order. Especially Law and Order Criminal Intent.  
LadyEarthquake
[Avatar]
There are a few, but I'd have to say my top picks are:

True Blood
Bones
Alias Smith and Jones (oldie)

emcall
[Avatar]
As a kid:
The Red Skelton Show
The Carol Burnett Show
Now:
CSI: Miami
Law & Order: Criminal Intent (with Vincent D'onofrio, not Chris Noth)
The Mentalist. (I really liked The Guardian, too. I think Simon Baker is a real cutie.)

moneywishes
[Avatar]
jewelicious wrote:#1 Red Dwarf
#3 Prisoner Cell Block H

I really like MASH too and Next Gen They are tied for 4th I would like to say Magnum PI, but the show really sucked. I used to watch it intently and never missed an episode. I will even watch reruns now. I could even watch it with the sound off...It was really (entertaining!?) lol

Wow! Prisoner Cell Block H. I forgot about that show. I used to love watching way back when. It used to come on at about 11:30 pm so I didn't always get to watch but I'd love to see it again.  
jewelicious
[Avatar]
moneywishes wrote:
#3 Prisoner Cell Block H

Wow! Prisoner Cell Block H. I forgot about that show. I used to love watching way back when. It used to come on at about 11:30 pm so I didn't always get to watch but I'd love to see it again.

I was and have only been able to watch re-runs. I am not sure when it originally came out. I do know that there are a kazillion episodes and I have barely scratched the surface. I have been trying ot find it or download it but it is to no avail. Would you have any idea where to find them.  
jewelicious
[Avatar]
moneywishes wrote:
#3 Prisoner Cell Block H

I have unfortunately only seen a few seasons. Apparently there are a kazillion episodes. They were reruns when I started watching it so I think I got it a little later on in it's entire run. I have been looking for the whole thing but I haven't been able to find it anywhere. Any suggestions anybody.  
r2thej2da
[Avatar]
MY FAVE IS HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER.....

goofyduck1
[Avatar]
jewelicious wrote:I have unfortunately only seen a few seasons. Apparently there are a kazillion episodes. They were reruns when I started watching it so I think I got it a little later on in it's entire run. I have been looking for the whole thing but I haven't been able to find it anywhere. Any suggestions anybody.

I think Amazon.com has sets of the series you can buy. I've seen it on their site. You might try that.  
zoobie96
[Avatar]
Here's a few old ones 4 ya 1)F Troop
2)Ren and Stimpy (cartoon) much to my mothers disgust
3)Have to go with ER  
emcall
[Avatar]
zoobie96--- I have to vote with your mother on the Ren and Stimpy show. My son used to watch it, and I could not see any redeeming value to it, whatsoever.

Since you brought up the cartoon genre of the 1990s, I have to go with Beastwars. We both really loved that show.
We also watched Dexter quite a bit.  
ppineapple
[Avatar]
My daughter, Pria, watches Disney Channel a lot than just playing Wordscape. Pria's favorite show are these:

1. Wizards of Waverly Place
2. Sonny With A Chance

Pria likes these shows because they are realistic and funny.

Poppyglow
[Avatar]
1. Big Brother
2. Survivor
3. Raising Damp  
7frannie
[Avatar]
my favorite would have to be Friends hands down.  
Sysyphus
[Avatar]
Probably either The Sopranos or Mad Men. Dexter's also very good. Also, Showtime had this series on called The Prisoner that was very interesting, did anyone catch that? It was like an 8 part series, pretty mind boggling.  
Bobcat16
[Avatar]
My all time favorite would most defanitly be I Love Lucy, Lucille Ball is a comedic genius!! My favorite as of now would defanitly have to be True Blood, its a fantastic show.  
meadowlilly
[Avatar]
my number one is trueblood and then dexter, queer as folk, star trek the original series, bored to deth, weeds, secret diary of a call girl, united states of tara, the l word, big love, beavis and butthead XD, survivorman, man tracker, the colony, man vs. wild, top gear, lost and anything on logo; such as rupaul's drag race. i am soooo obsessed with television.  
musical63
[Avatar]
DR. WHO-DAVID TENNANT
TORCHWOOD-JOHN BARROWMAN  
sallystowe
[Avatar]
my favorite t.v. show has to be flash forward. im so into it i cant wait for thursdays to roll around! i hope it will run for many seasons. and i was so glad to find the shows on the internet. . i always watch it on thurs and then on fri morning just to watch it again.
and of course im hooked on golden girls. love that show. got the dvds for christmas from my family. and a dvd player just for me.
if you havent had the chance to watch flash forward i suggest you catch up to date on the show via the internet , its getting better every week.. so what are you waiting for get to it your gona love me for telling you about it.

-ANGEL
[Avatar]
i have all types of favorire shows, The X-Files, Nip/Tuck, Angel, Cold Case, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Dark Angel, and so many more  
jamgrass
[Avatar]
LOST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can't believe it's almost all over !!!!  
pixidust07
[Avatar]
used to be E.R. but now it has been savin grace but that is about to end too  
shadow77749
[Avatar]
Friends, Gilmore Girls, Golden Girls, and 7th Heaven for me  
lynngrove
[Avatar]
Fav show yes I too like the outer LImits.
The old Twilight Zone shows.
Chopped-New food network Star.  
ppineapple
[Avatar]
I did my daughter's favorite shows so I should do mine to even it out. My favorite shows are Survivor, The Amazing Race, and The Next Food Network Star.

Survivor is a fun interaction game on TV where contestants battle the elements and compete and try not to get voted out from the tribe. My favorite contestants were Parvati, J.T, Erin, Rupert, Kandice, Shii Ann, Peih-Gee, Monica, Tyson, Richard Hatch, and Elisabeth.

The Amazing Race is fun because there are 11 teams of 2, 12 teams of 2, and in season 8, there were 10 team of 4. Teams get to do detours, fast forwards, the rarely seen intersection (shown in seasons 10, all-stars, and 16.) My favorite teams are...

1. Charla & Mirna (funny team)
2. Oswald & Danny (funny team)
3. Lena & Kristy (had a tough time in Stockholm, Sweden team)
4. David & Mary (the generous team)
5. Bill & Joe (the Guido team)
6. Blake & Paige (the fun team to watch)
7. Teri & Ian (the married couple)
8. Bob & Joyce (the sweet married couple)
9. Brandon & Nicole (the good team)
10. Dustin & Kandice (the tough/funny beauty queen team)
11. Lyn & Karlyn (the temper tantrum team to Dustin & Kandice)
12. Bilal & Sa'eed (the first team eliminated in Season 10)
13. Vipul & Arti (the generous team)
14. Ronald & Christina (the father/daughter bond team)
15. Rob & Amber (the sabotaging team)

The Next Food Network Star makes me hungry and "educational" because they get to cook different recipes, yummy foods, and of course, Guy Fieri! Guy Fieri is the winner of The Next Food Network Star. He's hosting another show called "Minute To Win It". I don't know what channel it premieres on, but I heard about it.  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Tue, 8 Jun 2010 12:48

twilightlover3
[Avatar]
my fav r:
1. glee
2. bones
3. greys anatomy
4. pretty little liers
5. royal pains

those r my top 5  
jamgrass
[Avatar]
LOST !!!
I am going to miss it so much  
LeStat11
[Avatar]
Favorite Shows:
CSI: Miami
CSI: New York
Bones
Leverage
Royal Pains
In Plain Signt
Burn Notice  
keepthepeace97
[Avatar]
The Bachelor/Bachelorette  
iraf
[Avatar]
1. true blood
2.outer limits-i own complete dvd set
3.boris karloff's thriller theartre being released by amazondotcomon 8/31
4.originall gunsmoke
5.have gun will travel
6.originall star trek
7.one step beyond
8.science fiction theartrea
9.andy devine show
10.howdy doody time
11.originall mickey mouse club w/annete funicello/bobby bunch of others can't remember
12.oz/from hbo
i can name a few more but that's it for now.

breandan
[Avatar]
I agree with Musical 63
#1 Doctor Who
#2Torchwood
#3 is NCIS
#4 is a long forgotten show called Time Tunnel

Bobbi20paw
[Avatar]
TOP 3 would be - SURVIVOR, THE CLOSER AND CRIMINAL MINDS  
DexGypMom
[Avatar]

I remember "Time Tunnel" with James Darren. I would have watched any show with him in it. I had a crush on him ever since the Gidget movies. So of course I had to watch TJ Hooker even though a rather plump William Shatner, a very little Adrian Zmed, and very blond Heather Locklear were co-stars.

••• MaryBeth

puffnzig
[Avatar]
Classic Shows:
Twilight Zone
Outer Limits
Dick Van Dyke

Newer Shows:
Lost (I'm lost without it now that it's over)
Hell's Kitchen
Grey's Anatomy
Bachelor/Bachelorette (don't hate me,lol)
The Closer

Soaps:
All My Children  
silverb0t
[Avatar]
True Blood is definitely great!  
springmist775
[Avatar]
shows tewerhat aren't on anymore er i miss it newer show grays's anatomy soaps days of our lives and the young and the restless  

Forum Index » Chatter Central
Go to: