Virtual Families: iWin Forums

Welcome back  !

Make life simple!

Connect your Facebook account and enjoy all of iWin's games and benefits!

Connect with Facebook No, thank you
iWin Forums, the place to meet, ask, and chat.

[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Forums Home 

Virtual Families
Forum Index » Game Discussions
pinkykitty22
[Avatar]
hi i love this game....................  
nikki98761
[Avatar]
i love it this game is the best.  
l4dyh4wk2
[Avatar]
mamamoe5 wrote: one of the children DIED in my game!!! have been playing this for a long long time now, and have NEVER had that happen!? he was under 10 years old, too. has anyone else had this happen to them? am sooooo sad!

Yes, they got sick & died in my game before  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
I have a family where the parents both died, leaving a 12 year old adopted daughter alone in the house. Right after the second parent died, while she was still depressed, she got an e-mail from her older brother asking how things were back home. Poor kid. She's the one I want to leave the house to eventually. Do I wait for her to grow to 18 and go to college, or go to a new generation right now? She must have been close to her 13th birthday as she's now 13, but of course she can't do much - peeks at groceries, but can't put them away or prepare a meal. She can get snacks and I think she can heat up something. I give her treats like fruit when they are available, and put groceries out. They disappear but I'm not sure if that increments the amount of food in the fridge. There is plenty there for one person, anyway. My plan at the moment is to hope she survives to 14, then let her keep up the house until she moves away. If she drops out of college, I wonder if her job prospects will be dimmed!  
j3cub98
[Avatar]
how do you make any money in this game???

Post edited for language; remember that all ages read these Forums. Please read the Code of Conduct and Forum Guidelines for more information on posting to the iWin Forums. Thank you, iWinModTeam.  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Tue, 4 Jun 2013 18:38

Griddlebone
[Avatar]
j3cub98 wrote:how do you make any money

Your adult little people have jobs. They will work on their jobs in one of three places: the kitchen, the office, or the workshop. Put one of them in one of those places - you can probably guess the right one by looking at their job title - and they might start "working on career". If so, praise them with the green glove. New workers may have problems sticking to the job. You will see a puff of smoke and they'll say "no" and stop working. Just put them back in the job location and if they start working again, praise them. However, if you praise them too many times in a row for the same thing, they'll get annoyed and stop doing whatever it is you're praising them for, like working. No problem, just put them back and praise them again.

Some jobs make more than others. BBQ Sauce Creator (a kitchen job) is a lot more lucrative than you might think. Video game designers make a lot more than video game reviewers.

Sooner or later you'll have all the home improvements and nothing much to do with the money. Have fun!  
Shurbert3
[Avatar]
Has any body ever found the snail?
I have played multiple games through many generations and have never seen the snail! Where does it pop up? Is there a trick to finding it?
HELP  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
One of my little families has a snail. I can't remember where it showed up, but I think it was on the end of the walkway that runs past the flower boxes, near the sandbox. I keep buying every bottle of rain I can find to try to collect those bugs and crawlies.

Edited to add: Shurbert3 asked me on my wall what the snail looked like. It can be tough to see those insects in the rain, so I mocked up a complete collection. I don't HAVE the complete collection on any one family but I do have all of them among my three families.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Fri, 28 Jun 2013 06:47

Shurbert3
[Avatar]
Thank you so much! Hopefully now I can find it  
dhazaert
[Avatar]
Shurbert3 wrote: Thank you so much! Hopefully now I can find it
make it rain with tropical rain bottle - every time i have found the snail, it has been on the hose in the back yard or in the grass in the backyard.  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
Thanks, dhazaert! Although this part of our conversation took place on our Hotel iWin walls, Shurbert3 knows that it has to be raining. We both pour flask after flask of tropical rain into the backyard, hoping to find the bugs. Thanks for the location hints!

Do you know if there's any advantage to using tropical sunshine bottles?

-=-=-=-

And in late breaking news: Triplets!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sun, 30 Jun 2013 22:35

RubySoho22
[Avatar]
congratulations on the triplets.... never saw that before  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
This is a fun little family. I already had the perfect match trophy, so with the triplets I think the really difficult challenges (other than the collections) are behind me. I saved a copy of the game right after the triplets were born so I can go back and replay starting from that point. All the kids are within 10 years of age - that's a lot of little feet running around the house. They seem adverse to all staying in one room long enough for me to take a picture, and I haven't been able to get all 6 kids playing train at one time. I did get them all into a giggle party, but it didn't make for a good picture since they were all piled on top of one another.  
rochell618
[Avatar]
does anybody know how to cure sick peep's. i have 1 that has a sore throat and another that is itchy...have'nt figured out how to get a hold of the doctor?plz help!  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
rochell618 wrote:does anybody know how to cure sick peep's. i have 1 that has a sore throat and another that is itchy...have'nt figured out how to get a hold of the doctor?plz help!

Go to the store. In the lower left corner are a selection of over the counter medicines, plus penicillin, vancomycin, baby boost, and a stethoscope (doctor's visit). For an itchy peep or one with a sore throat, upset stomach, sneezing, etc, you can pick the over the counter medicine and give it to them. One dose usually works. If it doesn't, use the doctor's visit (stethoscope). If there is an infection, the doctor will tell you what antibiotic to use. If there is no infection, the doctor will suggest an over the counter medicine.

Hiccups are not a medical problem and are not cured with medicine. Just think of all the standard treatments for hiccups and use one of them. For instance, you can't serve your peeps a spoonful of dry sugar or scare them, so those two hiccup remedies aren't going to work. If you don't know how to cure hiccups in real life, Google it. I immediately found articles with 13, 50, and 250 methods!  
dhazaert
[Avatar]
rochell618 wrote:does anybody know how to cure sick peep's. i have 1 that has a sore throat and another that is itchy...have'nt figured out how to get a hold of the doctor?plz help!
Griddlebone had a good answer... if you are having issues having children, buy the doctor visit and it will tell you if your peep needs a baby boost too.  
peanut22233
[Avatar]
hey.does any body know how many baby boosts i need to make triplets?beacause im hunting down this girl with messy hair which is brown and her name is emily.i had her in my familiy then she got married and had a little girl that looks just like her,and then a girl named verionica,then a little boy i named brad.i left them unpawesd for a day,then when i come to check on her,emiliys little girl that looked just liked her,died with her sister verionica and her brother brad!then i had to start all over again,but when i tried to get emiliys little girl that looks just like her back,with emiliys mother and father i didnt get her back!everytime i try to get her back,i get a diffrent baby!why\)!!!!!!!  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
peanut22233 wrote:hey.does any body know how many baby boosts i need to make triplets?beacause im hunting down this girl with messy hair which is brown and her name is emily.i had her in my familiy then she got married and had a little girl that looks just like her,and then a girl named verionica,then a little boy i named brad.i left them unpawesd for a day,then when i come to check on her,emiliys little girl that looked just liked her,died with her sister verionica and her brother brad!then i had to start all over again,but when i tried to get emiliys little girl that looks just like her back,with emiliys mother and father i didnt get her back!everytime i try to get her back,i get a diffrent baby!why\)!!!!!!!

I'll try to answer, but I'm confused as to what you're asking.

1) Baby boost doesn't increase the chances of multiple births. The game even says that using multiple doses of baby boost may be detrimental. If you can afford a doctor's visit (stethoscope), I wouldn't give baby boost unless the doctor advises it. If you're working without the advice of the pricey doctor, I'd give one dose to the father and one to the mother, and that's all.

2) Okay, about Emily. As I understand it, she and her husband had three children, then all three children died. That won't happen because the game runs unattended for 24 hours. Make sure your peeps have plenty of food, and then they should be okay for 2 or 3 days unattended. The kids will grow up and go to college at 18 (are you sure that's not what happened?) and the parents might die, but you can still start a new generation with one of the kids who went to college.

3) When you say "I had to start all over again", do you mean you started fresh with a new game, or you started to build another family with Emily and her husband? Let's say that you had a backup of the game with just the newlywed Emily and Mr. Emily. Every time you start from that backup point, the game will run a different course. You won't get the same children again. Think of decision points in the game as dice rolls. The game rolls dice to determine what will happen next, and E-MAIL comes up. Then another roll of the dice determines what e-mail the peeps will receive. Of course, as the peep's helper, you have some control. You can put the man and woman together, and as long as it has been long enough, the game will roll the dice and decide whether they will embrace and walk away, argue about having kids, or go try to make a baby. When they try to make a baby, the game rolls the dice and decides if they will have a baby (pretty good chance, better when younger), not have a baby (chances of this increase with age), have twins (rare), or have triplets (extremely rare).

Since the game is always rolling the dice, the path of events will be different each time. As it happens, a certain appearance may run in the family. A given couple will tend to have kids with similar face and hair - if not to the parents, then to each other. But you won't get the same kids in the same order with the same age differences. They're not Presbyterians.

Edited to add: My triplets all grew up and all 6 kids are in college but the peeps are not old at all since they weren't old when they had the kids. I forgot and left them unpaused for 3 days. I'm thinking of restoring the backup I made right after the triplets were born so I can enjoy this family and maybe finish the game with them. They would have to collect up a storm to get all the trophies though.  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sat, 6 Jul 2013 23:22

peanut22233
[Avatar]
griddlebone,please help me.what do you mean its possible i wont get emily again ??????

Griddlebone
[Avatar]
peanut22233 wrote:griddlebone,please help me.what do you mean its possible i wont get emily again ??????

Is Emily your first character? In VF, characters are adopted or born, they marry, have kids. When the kids are 18 they go off to college. The parents age, get old, and die. Then you start a new generation with one of the children. The surviving parent moves out of the house, the young adult moves in, and you start builing the second generation family. As I said above, there is a random element to the game and you cannot recreate a family by starting anew with a similar character. You can just start a new family and enjoy them.

What is it that you like especially about Emily? Is it her looks? If so, you can start an entirely new game and just keep rejecting little people until you see one that looks like Emily. Adopt her, rename her, and start your family anew. Maybe one of her kids will look like her, maybe she won't. Just remember that in a few days you will have to say goodbye to her. You can always go see her in the family tree.

The harsh truth of this game is that you'll have to say goodbye to your peeps and welcome a new generation. Since your sister played the game, maybe you could ask her to show you.  
Lindsay48
[Avatar]
like the sims  
cathycm
[Avatar]
this game takes awhile, its annoying but ive been playing it for 2 years  
lanise2
[Avatar]
me too it is good very good  
MissMoppett100
[Avatar]
how do you get them to make latte and do king fu I wish there was a virtual famlies 3 great game can some one help please  

Forum Index » Game Discussions
Go to: