Nightfall Mysteries: Curse of the Opera: iWin Forums

Welcome back  !

Make life simple!

Connect your Facebook account and enjoy all of iWin's games and benefits!

Connect with Facebook No, thank you
iWin Forums, the place to meet, ask, and chat.

[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Forums Home 

Nightfall Mysteries: Curse of the Opera
Forum Index » Game Discussions
mellemel@ff
[Avatar]
Play the role of an opera company stagehand, tasked with solving a deadly mystery! Your opera troupe has been invited by the reclusive Count Vladd Vansig III to his small hamlet to perform a special Opera for him. Strangely, there are no villagers to speak of except for the Count and his caretaker. Over the course of the night, people go missing and are killed! Use your Hidden Object skills to discover the killer's identity and escape the village alive in Nightfall Mysteries – Curse of the Opera!

For contractual reasons this game is no longer available on iWin.com. If you purchased this game from iWin and require assistance with its recovery, please contact our support team.

Category: Hidden Object
Release Date: 5/8/2010

Having Problems with this game? Please visit our Support Center  

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Fri, 25 Oct 2013 10:51

hawks405
[Avatar]
How do you get across river??  
catchern24
[Avatar]
i am still playing this game it is one of the best games i have played in along time.  
SmoresII
[Avatar]
I'm stuck trying to cross the river as well. I have an axe... but can not figure out what to do with it.. or where to use it. what's bf?  
sybilangel
[Avatar]
OVER BY THE TREE WHERE YOU CAN GO INSIDE YOU LOOK UP AND SEE A PAIR OF SHOES HANGING ON A TREE BRANCH YOU HAVE TO USE THE AXE AND CLICK BY THE SHOES THEN YOU CAN USE THE AXE TO CHOP IT DOWN AND THAT'S WHAT YOU USE TO GET ACROSS THE WATER  
sybilangel
[Avatar]
I'M STUCK TRYING TO GET IN THE DOOR THAT IS FROZEN ANYONE KNOW HOW TO GET THRU THE DOOR?  
momaie
[Avatar]
sybilangel wrote:OVER BY THE TREE WHERE YOU CAN GO INSIDE YOU LOOK UP AND SEE A PAIR OF SHOES HANGING ON A TREE BRANCH YOU HAVE TO USE THE AXE AND CLICK BY THE SHOES THEN YOU CAN USE THE AXE TO CHOP IT DOWN AND THAT'S WHAT YOU USE TO GET ACROSS THE WATER

Just a reminder to please not type in all capital letters. In the online environment it insinuates yelling. In the future, use regular initial capitalization sentence structure. We do ask for proper netiquette while in the forums...just wanted to give you a heads up; netiquette can be kind of tricky so just stick to regular sentence structure and you'll be fine. After all, this is a user-based Forum so you're actually shouting at your fellow users and I don't thnik you meant to do that...Dee, Volunteer moderator

DopeyElf86
[Avatar]
I have the shepard hook. How do I get the object from the telephone pole?  
deb58p
[Avatar]
I am also stuck there Dopey Elf 86 I have tried always to get the thing down from the telephone pole but have not suceeded yet if you find out plese let me know cos im going bed now will try again tomoz.  
katesun
[Avatar]
Finished the game, loved it. Very suspenseful.  
deb58p
[Avatar]
katesun how do I get the object from the telephone pole I have the shepards crook please help  
Huntress52
[Avatar]
It took awhile for the shepards crook to work, I just had to keep trying. I actually went to another scene and came back and tried again and it worked.
I'm stuck trying to find the musicbox password. Help! Also, still have the monicle.  
MilitaB
[Avatar]
Can you please tell me if i am the only one that has to restart at the beginning everytime i get out plzz???? This happened to me twice, I was far into the game i had all kinds of stuff in my inventory, I had to get out of the game I had company and I went back in and had to start at the very beginning again....How do I save my progress there is not a place that i see where it says save and exit...
please help meeeeeeeeeeeee .............  
SueKY0350
[Avatar]
MilitaB wrote:Can you please tell me if i am the only one that has to restart at the beginning everytime i get out plzz???? This happened to me twice, I was far into the game i had all kinds of stuff in my inventory, I had to get out of the game I had company and I went back in and had to start at the very beginning again....How do I save my progress there is not a place that i see where it says save and exit...
please help meeeeeeeeeeeee .............

There is a glitch for some people with this game. If you go to another well-known popular site, which I iWin won't allow me to name, competitor reference , and find this game, then find where it says to go to forum discussions on the mid, left side of that page; you can read how many people have had this exact problem. This game has been out since Feb. and the developers have fixed some problems. But from what I read, this particular problem has not been fixed. Not all people will have this problem... as I understand.

I love this game. It is very long, and it would take too many hours to get all the way through in one sitting.

I trialed the game on iWin, had no problems and bought it. (I was not then aware of these technical problems.) I had the same problem as you. When you exit the game and come back in, your profile is gone, and you have to start all over. I tried at least three different times to play it, but it would not save. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

I found this other forum then and read about the tech issues. I bought the game on 5/8/10. I wrote to Support on 5/10/10. I did not address the ticket to Technical support... I addressed it to "Other". I asked for a refund. I told them what I had read on the other site (which I did name in my letter): That evidently many gamers were having this problem; therefore, it was not my computer; but a game developer glitch. I also said that being that this game has been out since February and the developers reported that they were working on it; that I thought iWin had waited to present it here after the fix. I also told them how the game was operating wrong. I asked for a refund and told them that I was uninstalling this game in anticipation of one.

I got my refund in iCoins later the same day, since I wrote very early that day. My email said this, which is important to know concerning the amount of time you have to obtain a refund:

Our Return Policy:

Cash purchases (purchases of iWin games and/or products using a credit card or Pay Pal transfer by a customer who is not a member of the iWin iCoins Customer Loyalty Program) may be refunded by credit to method of payment. Cash refunds are available up to 48 hours after purchase at the sole discretion of iWin. Credit card or PayPal refunds for direct purchases made with those methods (not iCoins), if given, will be processed within 3-5 business days after receipt of request. Requests for subscription refunds must be received within 24 hours of purchase. iCoins redemptions (use of iCoins to acquire iWin games and/or products) are reversed solely by credit of iCoins to the Member's iCoins account. iCoins redemptions may be reversed at the sole discretion of iWin. Requests for reversal of iCoins redemptions must be made within 48 hours of the iCoins redemption.

Send a ticket in to "Other" right away.
Requests for refunds should be addressed under iWin.com - Game Purchases Request type and not Other... It is really important that the correct Reuqest Type be used when filing a ticket to ensure the ticket is addressed by the appropriate agents. Dee, volunteer moderator

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Wed, 23 Mar 2011 07:28

momaie
[Avatar]
SueKY0350 wrote:
There is a glitch for some people with this game. If you go to another well-known popular site, which I iWin won't allow me to name, competitor reference and find this game, then find where it says to go to forum discussions on the mid, left side of that page; you can read how many people have had this exact problem. This game has been out since Feb. and the developers have fixed some problems. But from what I read, this particular problem has not been fixed. Not all people will have this problem... as I understand.

References to competitors in any way are not allowed on this site. Giving cryptic clues to their identities might get you by a computer scanning for violations, but unfortunately does not work so well with human moderators. Dee, volunteer moderator  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Tue, 11 May 2010 05:07

SueKY0350
[Avatar]
Ok Dee, thought that maybe a vague reference might be allowed... gave it a shot anyway to see. Now I know.  
PeggyEMI
[Avatar]
sybilangel wrote:I'm stuck trying to get in the door that is frozen anyone know how to get thru the door?

If you haven't already found the way, go to the opera house and there will be a hidden object search. Once you have found all the objects, and fed the frog, you will get what you need to unfreeze the lock and use the key.  
MilitaB
[Avatar]
Thank you very much SueKY, I guess i'm SOL its been more than 48 hours, i am not a member and I dont know which other site. I love the game, i didnt mind restarting from scrach 3 times, but i want to continue the story, so i would have to stay sitting here a whole day which i cant do. I didnt try the unsinstall yet maybe i'll do that and see, its a shame I bought it as soon as it came out on iwin.
Again I thank you for your time.....Enjoy all  
momaie
[Avatar]
MilitaB wrote:Thank you very much SueKY, I guess i'm out of luck its been more than 48 hours, i am not a member and I dont know which other site. I love the game, i didnt mind restarting from scrach 3 times, but i want to continue the story, so i would have to stay sitting here a whole day which i cant do. I didnt try the unsinstall yet maybe i'll do that and see, its a shame I bought it as soon as it came out on iwin.
Again I thank you for your time.....Enjoy all

Whether you're a member of a particular plan or not is not an issue. If you are a registered user, which means anyone who opens an user account with iWin, whether for free-play or purchases at full price or for a membership, you have access to Support. So file a ticket with Support and let them know when the problem occurred, when you bought the game and as much detail as you can about the circumstances...Support may well be able to get you saving the game...if it's a known issue, Support may have solutions for those who are running into the problem, but you won't know until you file a ticket and ask....good luck, Dee. volunteer moderator
I edited out the acronym you used and put in more appropriate language...posts are to be appropriate to all ages and acronyms don't really hide what you're saying...

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Wed, 23 Mar 2011 07:31

MilitaB
[Avatar]
I uninstalled it and reinstalled .... Its ok now, it saved woohoo.
Thank you so much for taking the time to explain, i thought i'd try uninstallng before i send ticket lol and it did work...  
MilitaB
[Avatar]
Update on woohoo lol. No it didnt work, i soon as i rebooted it was all gone again so i did send a ticket...I was all happy for a moment
Thanx for all your help...  
DopeyElf86
[Avatar]
I have tried over and over again to use the shepard's hook to get the item from atop the telephone pole. I have left the scene and returned, and have even uninstalled then reinstalled the game. Still no luck.  
PeggyEMI
[Avatar]
Anyone having trouble with the game freezing at the very end. I finally solved the puzzle at the tower door and my game froze up and I cannot find out how it ends. I really would rather not have to uninstall and reinstall then play the game over again. If someone has any suggestions it would be appreciated. Also, if someone has finished and would pm me how the story ends that would be fine as well. I assume there is no more gameplay after this it is just a reveal of who the killer is and why.

Thanks.  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Thu, 13 May 2010 08:31

Huntress52
[Avatar]
Five hours, ten minutes. That's a long time, but worth it! Great game. That shepards crook has to hit the line under the key! Finally figured that out. The puzzles are really hard. Had to skip a few. Will play again and try to figure them out. Haven't had any loading/play time problems. Would love to see more of this quality of game. The "preview" and hints in the game suggest another good one coming.  
jam6364
[Avatar]
am having trouble finding the keys for the butcher shop freezer, and how do you get the other door seeming locked next to charles room? love the game, but these two things bug me. thanks  
DopeyElf86
[Avatar]
Thannk you soooo much Huntress52! It finally worked! The key at the top of the telephone pole is the key to the butcher shop freezer.  
Konchs
[Avatar]
I am also in need of where to locate the password to the musicbox. Also, have all three symbols for count's safe, but still can't open it. I have the monocle and two music keys. Any help would be appreciated.Nevermind. Solved it.  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Tue, 18 May 2010 14:09

tonja-
[Avatar]
Is this game worth buying?  
DopeyElf86
[Avatar]
This game is definitely worth buying.  
winterquee
[Avatar]
Thanks for the help getting across the water  
DArthur
[Avatar]
Konchs wrote:I am also in need of where to locate the password to the musicbox. Also, have all three symbols for count's safe, but still can't open it. I have the monocle and two music keys. Any help would be appreciated.Nevermind. Solved it.

Hi, I'm stuck where you were. Could you give me some hints to solve the access to the counts's safe?

Thanks  
crvetnana
[Avatar]
anyone know where to fing the heart shape key to the tower?  

Forum Index » Game Discussions
Go to: