When I was a kid, I wanted.............: iWin Forums

Welcome back  !

Make life simple!

Connect your Facebook account and enjoy all of iWin's games and benefits!

Connect with Facebook No, thank you
iWin Forums, the place to meet, ask, and chat.

[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Forums Home 

When I was a kid, I wanted.............
Forum Index » Chatter Central
emcall
[Avatar]
Remember that really special thing you wanted when you were a kid? I mean the one so special you dreamed about it, and BEGGED your folks for years to get it for you, and they never did.

Well, I finally got mine. It's on my 12th floor.

A PONY!

So... what did you want desperately as a kid that you never got??

(Keep it clean, justhank)  
PhLily
[Avatar]
a dollhouse so desperately. A huge 3 story victorian style dollhouse. The details amazed me and I could gaze at this wonderous house and dream I lived there! The spirial staircase leading up to the spacious bedrooms , (I knew exactly which room would be mine!!) Balconies & wrap around porch begged you to sit awhile and enjoy the view. A swing set sat neatly on the porch, a wicker table adorned with a tiny lemonade pitcher and two glasses. I had pictured myself there many times! Inside this glorious house little lights twinkled in the distance, while the "family" filled each room, a grandma knitting silently in the parlour by a glowing fireplace. Two children asleep in matching beds. A mother & father sitting at a kitchen table, drinking tea and no doubt discussing the days events. Ohhh how I wanted to be a part of this family! I often dreamt of this house, with its white gables and roof finials. I can still see it in my mind's eye, still begging me to swing on the porch or explore the attic! I would still love to have that dollhouse....but today the problem would be..where to put it??  

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Tue, 18 May 2010 08:12

emcall
[Avatar]
Wow, Ph... Your great description makes me want to live in your dollhouse. I would sit on the front porch and enjoy the beautiful flower garden across the lawn, while sipping ice-cold mint tea, waiting for a cool breeze to come through. It sounds absolutely heavenly. May I move in with you??? I promise to keep my pony from trampling the flowers. LOL  
PhLily
[Avatar]
sure u can move in...the house is big enough to fill with lots of friends..we could swing on the swing..and maybe u can let me ride your pony?

I'm gald u started this..it was a good idea..it brought back some nice memories!  
Dinismurf
[Avatar]
Nice thread! Popped back into the forum and couldn't resist joining it.

I always wanted a kitten.

Apparently my parents bought one when I was a few months old and I screamed whenever it came near, so they got rid of it the next day. Then for the rest of my entire childhood, whenever I begged for a cat, they would always say: 'Well, you didn't appreciate the last one, so how do we know it would be any different now?'

I finally gave up at the age of 13 and agreed to compromise on a tortoise.  
joanietreb
[Avatar]
Dinismurf wrote:Nice thread! Popped back into the forum and couldn't resist joining it.

I always wanted a kitten.

Apparently my parents bought one when I was a few months old and I screamed whenever it came near, so they got rid of it the next day. Then for the rest of my entire childhood, whenever I begged for a cat, they would always say: 'Well, you didn't appreciate the last one, so how do we know it would be any different now?'

I finally gave up at the age of 13 and agreed to compromise on a tortoise.

So who really wins-the tortoise or the hare?
Welcome back  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Thu, 20 May 2010 14:35

Dinismurf
[Avatar]
Welcome back

Thank you!

In my case, the tortoise was surprisingly speedy: he had a habit of running away and sprinting under rosebushes, where he'd sit back and watch me rip my arms to shreds getting him out again. (Can tortoises snicker?)

Should have gone with a goldfish like my brother: he always knew where his pet was.  
PeggyEMI
[Avatar]
A canopy bed. I wasn't really a girly girl but I always wanted a bed with a canopy. Unfortunately, had to share a bedroom with my older sister and there wasn't room for one. I graciously offered to give up my older sister to make room but the parents didn't go for that idea.  
emcall
[Avatar]
Dini...good to see you. What was your toitoise's name?

Peggy...Since your parents didn't go for the canopy bed/sister swap, I think your sister owes you a canopy bed, now. lol  
Dinismurf
[Avatar]
emcall wrote:Dini...good to see you. What was your toitoise's name?

Rex! Everyone thought it was very weird giving a tortoise a dog's name, but it was short for Oedipus Rex, as it was a Greek breed of tortoise and at the time that was the only Greek name I could think of.  
justhank
[Avatar]
emcall wrote:

(Keep it clean, justhank)

now come on, people will get the wrong impression of me. i'm sure i wasn't the only one to get thier mouth washed out with soap ... right?
i only said my first half word................."mutha-" i was only two. i still get sick when i see soap bubbles.

to answer the question , let me just say, "you'll shoot your eye out"
like any man-child i wanted a BB gun. it took me 14 years and a course in NRA Hunter"s Rifle Safety to finally get my Daisy lever action air rifle( BB gun.).
and yes..... i still have two eyes.

.......................................not justhank

hey who's that on top of me?.................. hi smurf! how are you?  
ppineapple
[Avatar]
When I was a little child I always think out of the box. The one I which was most memorable was when I was 11 years old is when I wanted was out of the original. I wanted to own a fashion designing corporation like Merona. Now I work in a fancy boutique shop that I'm the manager of. Now, listen, follow your desired dreams and go for it.  
ShayeraHol
[Avatar]
I always wanted a big dog. Unfortunately, we had
a house full of lap dogs, cats, rodents, and a cocker spaniel.

They were all lovely, mind you, but I loved my
neighbor's big Irish setter.

When I was older and out on my own, I bought my
first big dog, an Akita named Jordan. Later on, I
got my Siberian husky and Alaskan malamute.

I love my wiggly little furbabies! Snow dogs are
really independent, very much like cats. You have
to win their respect.  
celia19O5
[Avatar]
Oh when I was small, I always wished to become a flight attendant. Now I do not want any longer ...  
laquinn9
[Avatar]
when i was 4 years old i all ways looked up in the mirrior for jamie that was my imaginary friend i scared my parents because i started to go in the kitchen i was trying to go under the refrigerator looking for jamie  
Lunaxporch
[Avatar]
Silly me, all I wanted was to rule the world. I would be an awesome queen.  
honk1
[Avatar]
Hi all. I always wanted to live on a horse ranch. When I was about 3-4 yrs old I told my mother I loved her but I was dropped off at the wrong house. I have always loved animals. Yes I aked my mother since we had a very large backyard that I would even accpet a ponty. Of course she said no.
When I was 29 yrs old I worked very hard and had my own herd of eleven horses and rode in the Parade circuit. My two children also rode with me.
Then about ten yrs later I did own a ranch with quit a varity of animals.
So I did have everything I wanted, just not at the same time. I feel fortunate to have had my dreams come true.  
princess620Lil1
[Avatar]
When I was a kid I wanted a pony a game boy  
-ANGEL
[Avatar]
when i was little i wanted to help animals and still do, all animals are sweet  

Forum Index » Chatter Central
Go to: