Aveyond: Lord of Twilight (Aveyond 3): iWin Forums

Welcome back  !

Make life simple!

Connect your Facebook account and enjoy all of iWin's games and benefits!

Connect with Facebook No, thank you
iWin Forums, the place to meet, ask, and chat.

[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Forums Home 

Aveyond: Lord of Twilight (Aveyond 3)
Forum Index » Game Discussions
AnneiWin
[Avatar]
Have you played Aveyond: Lord of Twilight (Aveyond 3)? Want to talk about how great a game it is? Need game tips? Here's where to discuss it!

Having Problems with this game? Please visit our Support Center  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mon, 1 Jul 2013 05:18

Asuarah
[Avatar]
I'll say that I'm a huge fan of the Aveyond series of games.. they are just wonderful story and graphic wise.. perfect for my slow computer.. the only part I dont like.. is that I cant find a single copy free.. being unemployed and all I cant afford any of the games I so want!

But great games overall  
Dinismurf
[Avatar]
I love them too, but this one has some annoying little features that don't fit with the game, like the arrows that suddenly appear to point your way and the American-style mailboxes in an ancient/mythical city.

Am really enjoying the rest of it though and have already bought it.  
Asuarah
[Avatar]
I cant buy it simply because I havent any money at all to spare.. from my meager 90 bucks a month of salary (and before anyone questiions this.. my "job" is simply Yard work and housesitting..  
sophidia
[Avatar]
Like this sort of simple roll playing games.
I remember playing Ahriman's Prophecy for hours.
Don't like the arrows and the mailboxes too.
Wish the older versions like Rhens Quest could be on the free games list
Is there a way to buy games without using credit cards?  

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Tue, 23 Jun 2009 16:27

007ofnine
[Avatar]
I like this game! The gameplay is similar to another game I have, Eternal Eden. I've used up my 60 trial () and I'm waiting impatiently for my icoins to refill so I can purchase it.

007ofnine
[Avatar]
If this is #3 in the series, can someone tell me where to find #1 and #2?

3stabr00k
[Avatar]
I really really like this game. I had to purchase it. The only issue I have is the lack of help. The only strategy guide I have found for this game you have to pay for, and I havent found any help forums or anything yet. You have to get 4 quarter keys? After playing for several hours I finished about 6 mini quests and obtained one of the 'quarter keys' then it told me that I had finished the game and said I needed to save this game and purchase another Aveyond game. I dont understand this and hope that I made an error in my storyline somewhere because obviously I hadnt played all the game has to offer.....well I hope.  
3stabr00k
[Avatar]
Well I guess if anyone else that has purchased the game wants to post here with questions/tips Ill do the same! I need some help!  
Dinismurf
[Avatar]
Still on my way to get 1st quarter key, but will let you know what happens then if no-one else has answered in the meantime.

It doesn't seem right that the game would end after you've got just one, partly because the other Aveyond games were so much longer and partly because you're obviously supposed to be able to leave the mainland at some point in this game to get the other keys, since there are several jetties.

There's also an entrance to the underworld, which I've been to (the entrance, not the underworld - not that powerful yet!), which you only need to visit once you've got all 4 keys and then the orb of light, so it seems very odd your game finished after one key.  
uhuru1701
[Avatar]
If you want to watch a series of YouTube videos of someone playing through the entire game with their spoken commentary (their version of a walkthough), you can find that walkthrough at blogspot - HERE. This kind of walkthrough would be helpful for someone like me who's not that good at figuring out instructions (other kinds of "cheats").

By the way, from reading through the Aveyond Forum at an iWin competitor website, I understand you only see the flashing arrows if you have the tutorial version turned on.

Universal Hint System doesn't have an Aveyond walkthough (yet) but they are one of the best for walkthroughs that I've found and they may have help for other games.  

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Fri, 19 Jul 2013 16:02

3stabr00k
[Avatar]
I am severly disappointed now. I just "finished" the game yet again. Basically, at the "end" it tells you that you "continue" your saved game (from Aveyond:Lord of Twilight) in the next game, Aveyond:Gates of Night. If I had known I wouldnt have a whole entire game to play, I wouldnt have ever bought it to begin with.  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Wed, 24 Jun 2009 21:44

3stabr00k
[Avatar]
Idk...Im going to try some other things but I think its pretty weak because they gradually direct you in the game to end up in the Istir Forest, to rescue the princess there, and thats where the game ends?!? I cant wait until the gamesite I use has a tutorial out. Im sure they have got people working on it.  
jacedad
[Avatar]
[Theres another installment coming in july i believe. How do you get to any of the quarter keys? I feel like Ive walked aroudn everywhere and the world is at a dead end.  
makmeluvit
[Avatar]
wow i wish i hadn't read this, now i don't really want to finish the game. trust me the way to get people to buy more product is definitely not to leave them feeling cheated out. i read that there would be chapters but i thought they were offering the first one, a full game, at a reduced price so that you'd be more likely to buy the next ones. poor marketing judgement being excersized in this case for sure.  
caylor99
[Avatar]
is it fun

3stabr00k
[Avatar]
Dont get me wrong, the game is a lot of fun. It just sort of leaves you feeling ripped off when you find out your only playing a little part of a big story. Im upset because this means Ill have to spend at least $30 more just to finish the game I started, by the sounds of things.  
2amber1
[Avatar]
ok pepole i need some hellp can anyone tell me where u can get the sunscreen pelase hellp me i really whould like to now where you can get

if u tell me i will be forever thankfull
Thanks to anyone who tell's me  
Dinismurf
[Avatar]
2amber1 wrote:ok pepole i need some hellp can anyone tell me where u can get the sunscreen pelase hellp me i really whould like to now where you can get

if u tell me i will be forever thankfull
Thanks to anyone who tell's me

You need to go to Naylith. Buy dynamite in Gheledon if you haven't already, then when you are in Naylith, use it on the crack in a wall. The sunscreen is in the cave room that opens up, as far as I can remember. (Where you have to put the quarter keys eventually.)

If you need more help than this, PM me again with more details of where you are and what you have/haven't done & I'll try to help, though it's a while since I did that bit.  
007ofnine
[Avatar]
Doggonit, I was talking on the phone with my mom while playing, and I missed the part about the sunscreen! Can somebody fill me in on it?

007ofnine
[Avatar]
Okay, maybe I'm a dunce, but how do you get to Istil where the first quarter key is?

007ofnine
[Avatar]
I found a walkthrough that helped me get through the game.
Now if only they'd hurry up with the sequel!

007ofnine
[Avatar]
Oh, I know!!! The only thing I can figure is that the entire game is too big to release in 1 piece maybe.

jrw10
[Avatar]
i love it and i love the goodie caves  
makmeluvit
[Avatar]
Can't find the death certificate, there's only one dead guy, entrance to cave, and one lady hovering over gravesite, but where the dead peoples certificate go??? i pretty much gave up when i found out i wasn't going to be able to complete the game anyway, but i might as well finish the part i purchased.  
sophidia
[Avatar]
Does anyone know if the shovel to use on the holes in the ground can be found in this part of the game?  
3stabr00k
[Avatar]
No you cannot find the shovel in this part of the game, its in Gates of Night.
Im now curious after doing everything there is to do in Aveyond: Lord of Twilight...is iWin going to offer the rest of the series? I want to buy it but Id love to earn opals for playing it as well, because I do enjoy the game.  
007ofnine
[Avatar]
It was supposed to be out the end of July I think, but I guess that's changed to the end of August.

3stabr00k
[Avatar]
Well Amarath has released it already. Ive played the free trial there. Thats why Im wondering when/if they will be offering it here on iWin.  
makmeluvit
[Avatar]
please anyone who knows how to find the death certificate, i'm wandering around aimlessly. the second chapter is released now but i really want to finish the first.  
shara_08
[Avatar]
I Love aveyond!!!
It Ah-Mazing!!!
<3

banditgizmo19541
[Avatar]
could some one tell me where I can find Aveyond 3? And is there a four?  
lavender5352
[Avatar]
help find me a aveyond 3  
momaie
[Avatar]
Hi bandit & lavender,

The thread you're posting in is for Aveyond: Lord of Twight, also known as Aveyond 3...just go to the Games page and look for it there. Aveyond: Gates of Night is also available on the games download page. I think that may be what you're referring to as Aveyond 4. Enjoy the games!

Dee, forum moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sun, 24 Jan 2010 19:41

bone_pile
[Avatar]
GOODIE CAVES RULE  
Ewitch13
[Avatar]
Looking for a downloading walkthrough of aveyong lords of twilight. Is there a free one or does anyone has one or anything of the sort. I am so stuck and confused. please someone help me out  
Rockstarkou
[Avatar]
If anyone needs walkthroughs, look on the game delevopers site, pm me and I will send you the website =D  
martywitlv
[Avatar]
I can't find out how to get to Nylath on the thail mts  

Forum Index » Game Discussions
Go to: