Jewel Quest: The Sleepless Star (Premium): iWin Forums

Welcome back  !

Make life simple!

Connect your Facebook account and enjoy all of iWin's games and benefits!

Connect with Facebook No, thank you
iWin Forums, the place to meet, ask, and chat.

[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Forums Home 

Jewel Quest: The Sleepless Star (Premium)
Forum Index » Game Discussions
mellemel@ff
[Avatar]
This Premium Edition game includes:
• 3 extra jewel boards in every chapter
• Access to a 7th chapter, consisting of 40 premium jewel boards
• Extra collectibles
• Bonus quests

Follow the travails of intrepid explorer, Percy Pack, in Jewel Quest: The Sleepless Star. On a quest for a jewel called the Sleepless Star, Pack discovers that the jewel has been stolen from a Native American village by an unscrupulous jewel collector!

Along with Percy and a beautiful Algonquin named Yellow Feather, travel to exotic locations on two continents and overcome dangers at every turn, in an effort to recover the jewel.

Solve over 200 jewel board puzzles, including never-before-seen obstacle puzzles! Progress through a beautifully illustrated and fully voice-acted story that includes collectible power-ups and quest options filled with your favorite classic Jewel Quest games.

Category: Match 3
Release Date: 10/7/2010

Having Problems with this game? Please visit our Support Center  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mon, 1 Jul 2013 05:17

gamingrandma
[Avatar]
had no promlem except the hour was up to soon tried not to read much of the story cause i wanted the playing time i have every jewel quest game but 2 after this just need to find the one i'm missing i wish they would come out with more of the rupert and emma story line love their story it good to learn about percy as a young man and you know what they say if you like jq you'll love this game  
Lyncat
[Avatar]
I was going to rate the game but couldn't find the "Rate It" button. What a fantastic game!! Love the new narrative style! Great "ladders" board, too. I only played about 10 minutes because I want to get back to Jewel Quest III.

As an aside, I don't really think that people that just have some tech problem (which I truly feel sorry for) should be able to give any game a low rating just because they couldn't play it. If you can't play something how do you have any idea what it's like?  
joanietreb
[Avatar]

I've only played 15 minutes so far. This is a great JQ, but not really looking forward to those screaming, burning apes,  
JMP8781
[Avatar]
I am SOOOOO disappointed in this new Jewel Quest -- Boring, Boring, Boring!!! After "Heritage", which was CHALLENGING AND FANTASTIC, I thought they would come up with something to top it. Not! Even Jewel Quest II (still my favorite, for old times sake), is more challenging! Played through the entire level 1, and part of 2. They need to get rid of having to hit "Skip" several times, to reach the actual puzzle. I have no idea what playing the seven option boards or three Premium boards, on Level I did for me -- as usual, the player is left to figure it out, on their own. Would a little explanation be to hard to ask? Also, I have no idea what my actual total was, through the levels that I did play. See you later, going back to Heritage.  
DesireeD2010
[Avatar]
Just finished playing JQ sleepless star and I love it, Tried not to read too much of the story but it was interesting to find out what the story was about. So I am just going to have to buy it lol.  
JMP8781
[Avatar]
Just finished Level II -- Still BORING, BORING, BORING!!! Though it has elements of Heritage, it is too much like Jewel Quest I -- Way too easy -- Not enough inovation.IWn -- I want you to go up and beyond Heritage.  
smackyann
[Avatar]
I loved this game,just wish more time allowed.The music was nice too.Keep bringing on more JQ games.  
rprawer
[Avatar]
I need instructions to play these games  
ajd1052
[Avatar]
Disappointed...  
Hawkeyes331
[Avatar]
I really like this Jewel,the more you play the better it gets.the wayyou can play "old" boards is cool.My only complaint is the game sound comes in and out.Do you have a fix for this coming soon?  
Shishya
[Avatar]
Just wanted to give you an update on the sound problem. From other game boards I learned that many are having sound problems with this game. They said that iWin is working on a new version to correct this and it should be out soon. In my situation I updated my sound/game driver using DriverMax and the new driver corrected the sound problem. Now the sound is working fine.  
Crazyman0173
[Avatar]
hello can anyone tell me how to get passed the secret entrance tutorial on board 9 chapter 1 i don't know how to get pass it  
Shishya
[Avatar]
Crazyman, just make matches at all the edges of the board in the gray zones and more of the board will be exposed. The real edges of the board are framed. It is really very easy. Nothing to it.  
liza53
[Avatar]
installed game played it have just started 7th chapter no probs at all downloaded fine i love these games hope theres more to come keep em coming iwin sorry to those who had trouble with it but keep trying its well worth the wait  
iraf
[Avatar]
all i have to say it's one beautiful game all around great gameplay and is
a great game to play at night if you need to fall asleep. lol
still a terrific game.
iraf  
MontyWB
[Avatar]
This is a great game in the tradition of Jewel Quest. There are many new features and challenges. I'm on Chapter Five and haven't yet got to the point where in, for example, Jewel Quest Heritage, I've been within an iota of throwing my computer out of the window, followed in close proximity by myself! There are a few bugs in it, but not of such a scale as to ruin the game. I do have one comment, however. In the evasion boards, the things that climb up from from the bottom of of the board, seem to be saying "Two handled cabbage". Very strange!  
iraf
[Avatar]
MontyWB wrote:This is a great game in the tradition of Jewel Quest. There are many new features and challenges. I'm on Chapter Five and haven't yet got to the point where in, for example, Jewel Quest Heritage, I've been within an iota of throwing my computer out of the window, followed in close proximity by myself! There are a few bugs in it, but not of such a scale as to ruin the game. I do have one comment, however. In the evasion boards, the things that climb up from from the bottom of of the board, seem to be saying "Two handled cabbage". Very strange!

sounds more like robots lol  
towyro
[Avatar]
MontyWB wrote:This is a great game in the tradition of Jewel Quest. There are many new features and challenges. I'm on Chapter Five and haven't yet got to the point where in, for example, Jewel Quest Heritage, I've been within an iota of throwing my computer out of the window, followed in close proximity by myself! There are a few bugs in it, but not of such a scale as to ruin the game. I do have one comment, however. In the evasion boards, the things that climb up from from the bottom of of the board, seem to be saying "Two handled cabbage". Very strange!

Two handled cabbage.. That's funny!!! Thanks for the laugh! I thought it was saying "You're all the matters" You have a much funnier ear than I!  
deborahk20
[Avatar]
I am on chapter 2 optional board 3 where you have to use specials to unlock 2 rows of locked blocks. I cannot get gold level no matter how much i play, and have tried all the artifacts. I thought that the optional boards were not important to get gold status, but it seems that on this level I have to turn all stars to gold. I have just this one to go. Can anyone help please?????  
BboyMcCoy
[Avatar]
I posted this in the Reviews section, but in case someone prefers to go through the forum instead:

For people experiencing the problem with the Secret Entrance Tutorial, Chapter 1 Board 9, where you can't swap the two jewels that the game is telling you to, here's a temporary solution--

1. Click the Menu button
2. Click the Options button
3. Uncheck "Show Popup Help" checkbox
4. Click the OK button
5. Click the Yes button to restart current board

This will allow you to play the board without having to go through the forced swap for the Secret Entrance Tutorial. However, you will not have any popup tutorial bubbles to help you learn the objective of this Obstacle board. Just remember to check the checkbox again for later tutorial boards.  
lemaestro
[Avatar]
i just finished jewel quest sleepless star. i managed to get all the artifacts. i was finished at 100 %.  
towyro
[Avatar]
lemaestro wrote:i just finished jewel quest sleepless star. i managed to get all the artifacts. i was finished at 100 %.

That's impressive! Yeah for you! I'm still plugging away at it, but I hope to say that too!  
iraf
[Avatar]
rprawer wrote: I need instructions to play these games
just match them real fast and work quickly okay  
Gatorau
[Avatar]
Ok - question - I'm on Chapter 4 and I got Gold/Gold/Silver for the previous chapters because the last game in Chapter 3 ended on 4 stars instead of 5. When I replayed and got the 5 stars, it didn't update me to Gold, despite having Gold on every other board as well as that. I have a couple of unplayed optional boards in that chapter. Would they be holding my ranking down?  
Dinismurf
[Avatar]
Dumb question: how do you light fires?

I'm in the light fire tutorial in Chapter 2 and have turned all the tiles gold (not sure if this is important) and made lots of matches of 3 fire stones, including right over the bowl stone (which I assume is for the fire), but no joy.

Do I need to match 4 of them at a time? Or make a certain number of matches of 3 fire stones?

It's odd to call something a tutorial when it gives you no clue what to do!  
l4dyh4wk2
[Avatar]
Dinismurf wrote:Dumb question: how do you light fires?

Hi Dinismurf... To light a fire you maneuver a fire stone above or next to the firepot, then you drag the fire actually onto/into the pot & it will light

It's the same as in the previous JQ game with regard to the the key & padlock, the monkey & the cage & the delicate crystals & the box. Hope that helps

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Wed, 12 Nov 2014 10:27

Dinismurf
[Avatar]
Yes, that's great.

Trust me to overlook the simple solution!  
ajd1052
[Avatar]
I have cleared all areas and at the end of chapter seven, what now?
Is this all of do I have to have all gold stars to advance? PLMK

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Wed, 12 Nov 2014 10:28

Crazyman0173
[Avatar]
hello can anyone tell me how to get passed the secret entrance tutorial on board 9 chapter 1 i don't know how to get pass it, it gives me two colors to move but they don't match to any other ones so i can keep going if anyone knows how to pass this message me please and thank you

Crazyman0173  
Dinismurf
[Avatar]
Crazyman0173 wrote:hello can anyone tell me how to get passed the secret entrance tutorial on board 9 chapter 1 i don't know how to get pass it, it gives me two colors to move but they don't match to any other ones so i can keep going if anyone knows how to pass this message me please and thank you

Crazyman0173

I'm answering your query here, not in a PM.

Shishya has already explained how to get through the level on page 1 of this thread in answer to your question the last time you posted it.

If there were no possible moves left, the game would tell you so and you would be allowed one free move, so I'm guessing that you CAN move, just not yet in the area you want to. Start somewhere where there are matches and gradually work your way back to the area where you currently only have 2 colours. It really will be easier than you think.  
blush1one
[Avatar]
I am having one heck of a time getting past the.... there are 2 locked polka dots(boards?) after the polka dot I am on. I have PTSD and thinking of woeds and phrases can be difficult. I cannot figure how to finish the board. and later the coins just fall off the board into nothing. Can I get a little help here? Thank you so much for the help.  
bakuk
[Avatar]
How do you get to the gold level? played all 6 chapters with gold stars yet cannot get to gold level  
momaie
[Avatar]
bakuk wrote:How do you get to the gold level? played all 6 chapters with gold stars yet cannot get to gold level

Have you played the optional boards to gold as well? I'm pretty sure you have to get those gold as well...  
DCrawPhx1
[Avatar]
In Chapter 5 I am having a DEVIL of a time getting past the 4 evasions board! Any clues for me?  
recnc
[Avatar]
lemaestro wrote:i just finished jewel quest sleepless star. i managed to get all the artifacts. i was finished at 100 %.

how did you get past premium board #1, Sleepless Star, Chapter 7? did you use an artifact? if so, which one?  
jewel555
[Avatar]
This is a FANTASTIC game... I have completed ALL chapters, but I still do not understand HOW the 5-star GOLD RATING is determined?

Sometimes I get all 5 STARS for GOLD, often I get 4 STARS for SILVER rating... but I cannot figure out how to get 5 STARS on all levels.

WHAT determines upon successful completion whether you get GOLD 5 STARS or SILVER 4 STARS?

Is it the time remaining? (I don't think so)...

ANY discussion on this is very much appreciated!

THANKS!
jewel555

momaie
[Avatar]
Woohoo! I just finished the whole game & the extra chapter and got ALL the artifacts! Such a good game and challenging! For jewel555, just keep redoing the boards until you get the gold; there's no particular score across all the boards. It's different for each one. I just kept redoing the silver boards aiming for a higher score, reaching for that gold...sometimes that meant replaying a board 10-15-20 times BUT eventually, I got it! Changing artifacts to try different ones depending on the boards helped too!

Now to go get that last board in Jewel Quest Heritage...i've been trying that one for months!  
suzie55sally
[Avatar]
i love the sleepless star. but iam having alot of trouble with chapter five, the evasion board. i can manage 2 of the crawling things but not 4!!!!
i see no way to win it
bj  
hokin
[Avatar]
DCrawPhx1 wrote:In Chapter 5 I am having a DEVIL of a time getting past the 4 evasions board! Any clues for me?

I am also having great difficulty passing Chapter 5, The Alps, Board 11, Disarm Trap board. I have played about 50 times, I have taken the timer off but cannot get the two left and right bottom squares. Is there any trick to this level. I cannot go any further until I pass this level. Many thanks for any help  
chicken1957
[Avatar]
I got every chapter in gold. Am I finish the game?
I didn't see the word of Congratulations" Do I have to get a jewel?
Please, help me  
djt1887
[Avatar]
chicken1957 wrote:I got every chapter in gold. Am I finish the game?
I didn't see the word of Congratulations" Do I have to get a jewel?
Please, help me

I too completed everyboard on the gold level and collected all the artifacts. I cannot figure out how to get to the bonus/epilogue section. Any help would be greatly appreciated!  
lemming13
[Avatar]
I just finished the epilogue - you have to get gold on every board, including the optional ones. From what I can tell, most boards need a score of over 10,000 for gold, but some need 12,000 and some 15,000. But timed boards seem to be a bit more lenient, and so do those godawful dodge boards, which is lucky. I found the gold turtle totem was really helpful - it extends your timer when you match 5 in one move so you can score more and not run out of time. But I'm a bit puzzled; at the end of the 7th chapter you get another artifact, but what for? Can you play the boards to platinum or something? Anyone know?  
Shaharwolf
[Avatar]
Okay,I must not be so coordinated or something, but I've tried everything I can think of to get 5 stars on optional board 3, chapter 2 of Sleepless Star and I just can't do it. I must have played that silly board over 100 times. I admit I'm embarrassed about it. Any suggestions without being mean? Really, people can be mean on forums. I don't need mean, I need help. Thanks, Shaharwolf  
basi
[Avatar]
Hellllllllllllppppppppppp

I have been stuck on the evasion board in Chapter 5 for 6 days ............. does anybody know how to complete the evasion board chapter 5 of the above game............. this is driving me maddddddd

Basilia  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
Well, yesterday I finished Heritage and I had the choice of going back and working on JQ I (I'm on 5-9), starting JQ 2, replaying boards in 3 or Heritage, or buying Sleepless Star. So of course I bought Star. It's going to take me longer to finish than Heritage because I'll be over-employed (ha!) as of Monday but it keeps me from cussing at the crows in the original game.

At first I was worried that using an artifact used it up and that I should save them for more difficult boards, but I see that's not the case. I have lots of questions but I think I'll let it play out and discover the answers on my own.

I don't know what I'll do with my iCoins now that I have all the JQ games - I'm not so fond of JQ Mysteries. Anyway, this one looks like a good game.

Later: I notice that you can drag a fire jewel onto an already lit flame to get it out of the way. Cool.  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Thu, 4 Aug 2011 18:16

Mild1
[Avatar]
I completed all stars in all boards.now I'm playing JQ Mysteries III.  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
(1) I really like the idea of the Dodge boards, but it appears to be straining my processor. I have a pretty fast machine here so that worries me a bit. The dodge blocks start coming and it's like the board freezes - I can't make any moves until just before the dodge blocks move again, so it is frustrating sitting there with nothing happening, knowing the move I want to make, but unable to make it. Also the sound keeps cutting in and out which is maddening. I'll check the KB later to see if I can find solutions for the performance problems.

(2) I think all that is necessary to unlock the Epilogue (Chapter 7) is to finish the story. I'll admit I wanted to finish the story so I eventually loaded the Mountain Lion (funny, I thought it was an otter or a mudpuppy or something) and snapped through them. I still have silver boards in chapters 5 and 6 and haven't even tried any optional or bonus boards in chapter 6, yet chapter 7 is unlocked.

(3) Basi, there are 3 Evasion boards in Chapter 5; I'm assuming you mean the first but I'll bet you're past it by now. In any case, my initial moves on that board were to make matches near the Enemy jewels so they'd be moving up through gold tiles and I wouldn't have to worry about fixing that later. You can't spend much time on that though because you need to build an army of specials by matching Hero jewels. I did that by working near the top in the middle. You need a bunch in reserve because with 4 Enemy jewels you may not be able to generate a Special on short notice.

(4) Want a real challenge? Try a Sleepless Star board with the sound off. You have to be on constant visual patrol for the Sleepless Star.

(5) I take back what I said about SS taking longer than Heritage. Turns out that I make time for JQ even when I'm super busy at work. Heh heh.  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
Some of the power ups in JQ Sleepless Star are a great way to waste a lot of time. Here's a screen shot of a board that I finally had to complete because I had to shut down my computer. Otherwise I could have kept going as long as there were no more pressing issues in my life. The power up adds 30 seconds each time you make a match of 5. I did this to see how the layout handled a 100,000+ score (the number starts in the same place and extends to the right, getting closer to the timer bar) and to practice spotting potential match-5s. Since I stopped with a full timer, I had a 10K bonus, and the final score of this game was 112,540, and it could have been higher if I didn't have a real life to tend.

The hardest part of this one was the first plays. It starts out as an ice-block and locks board, and it's fairly tough to make match-5s with keys and fire jewels raining down. I did find out that match-5s made with keys or fire jewels count as a match-5 for the power up bonus, lol.

If you want to try it, it's Chapter 6, Optional Board 5.  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Wed, 11 Apr 2012 00:49

Forum Index » Game Discussions
Go to: