What would you do if you suddenly won millions of dollars?: iWin Forums

Reset My User Details

Enter the e-mail address associated with your iWin account, and we will email your username and a link to set a new password.

•  

Set A New Password

Enter the new password for your account.

•  

Welcome back  !

Make life simple!

Connect your Facebook account and enjoy all of iWin's games and benefits!

Connect with Facebook No, thank you
iWin Forums, the place to meet, ask, and chat.

[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Forums Home 

What would you do if you suddenly won millions of dollars?
Forum Index » Chatter Central
92marilou
[Avatar]
You'll all be devastated to hear that I didn't win all those millions last night - or maybe thrilled to know that I won't be going to visit you in my private jet LOL

But - if I win on Friday - an estimated 150 million Euros - I will get that jet!!!!!!!

Then I think I'll buy iWin - have new items every week - esp for my friend l4dyh4wk - pay our volunteer moderators a huge salary (well deserved) - and - wait for it - design a new & bigger hotel for an iWin "Life AFTER the Penthouse!"

HeHeHeHeHe  
sunnydayiwin
[Avatar]
92marilou wrote:You'll all be devastated to hear that I didn't win all those millions last night - or maybe thrilled to know that I won't be going to visit you in my private jet LOL

But - if I win on Friday - an estimated 150 million Euros - I will get that jet!!!!!!!

Then I think I'll buy iWin - have new items every week - esp for my friend l4dyh4wk - pay our volunteer moderators a huge salary (well deserved) - and - wait for it - design a new & bigger hotel for an iWin "Life AFTER the Penthouse!"

HeHeHeHeHe

Yes you are the star of the iwin hotel. Best ideas yet. Do not crash in that jet.L O L

Sunny  
momaie
[Avatar]
Aw shucks marilou92! So nice of you to think about us in your (possible) good fortune! Just knowing you would include us is very rewarding in itself! Thanks...

The new Hotel idea is pretty cool too... Dee, volunteer moderator

emcall
[Avatar]
Quick... someone figure out a way to rig the drawing so marilou92 can win!!!
Her plans to spread the joy around are so noble, we must assist in attaining her goal.
Salaries for moderators, new items every week, and a new hotel beyond the penthouse. It must happen, folks.
We'll make it happen marilou. You just play along and smile innocently when you collect those millions!!! LOL  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
I'm in. To show my comittment I have changed my "mood" to "devious".  
joanietreb
[Avatar]
Sounds like a job for the axe murderer/opal thief...

92marilou
[Avatar]
Thanks for all the support!!
Now I just have to pick the right numbers LOL
Specially like your idea Em - can anyone rig it????
I'll let ya know, I promise
Mari  
92marilou
[Avatar]
Emcall - think you'll have to tell me the numbers LOL
I didn't win
But no one else did either -
Have to wait til Tuesday - it's expected to be 175 million Euros - THEN I'll buy iwin & put my plans into action.
BTW (off topic?!) my #24 is to wish you all Happy Independence Day.
Mari  
chloe4321
[Avatar]
I would give $200,000 to my mom who has always been there for me and is very hard working. I'd spoil myself too and maybe buy a cool sports car and go on a shopping spree (maybe around $100,000). I'd put $200,000 into savings. I'd put $100,000 into re-decorating our house. The last $400,000, I would open a non-profit shelter for cats and dogs that would otherwise be euthanized since I'm the biggest animal lover. Oh yeah, I would also buy a horse.  
SnowBunny16
[Avatar]
First I would pay off my debts and my children's. Then I would have a billboard put up directly across from my ex's house with my picture that says, "I've got more money than I know what to do with and you can't touch it."  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sat, 2 Jul 2011 21:21

emcall
[Avatar]
Too funny snowbunny!! I'm sure the ex would really enjoy that.
marilou92.... I'm lousy at picking numbers. Anyone here good at gambling???

On Topic..... sometimes I feel like the bills wouldn't even be covered by the lottery. A million dollars can be eaten up quickly by medical bills. So I guess I would pay the tax on the winnings, pay off all my medical bills, and if any left over, would pay off our mortgage.  
SnowBunny16
[Avatar]
emcall It would really ***edited for language*** him off and that in itself would be worth more to me than the millions. Ok, maybe not, but it sure would come close!
Post edited for language. Please read the Topics & Guidelines at this link for more information on posting to the Chatter Central Forum. Thank you. Dee, volunteer moderator

Sorry about that. I didn't realize you couldn't use that word. How about it would tick him off. I hope that's ok.  

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Tue, 5 Jul 2011 00:57

pommerm
[Avatar]
I'de thank God.  
Supermom303
[Avatar]
Provide a home for kittens, they are so cute!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Thu, 29 Sep 2011 16:09

hemato1
[Avatar]
i would pay off some bills and then donate some money to my childrens schools because they are deserving due to the fact that they are teaching my kids also the future. They say treat the kids right because they are the ones who choose my nursing home lol.  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sun, 22 Jan 2012 21:56

George51
[Avatar]
I would pay off all of mine and then my mothers bills and give some to the cancer and the kidney foundation then I put the rest in a trust for my great neices and nephews so that they can go to collage when they graduites from high school  
lynngrove
[Avatar]
well I gues first pay 40 percent federal tax. Then 12 percent Calif state tax. I need a few surgery for medical reasons. help sisters and son. The rest C'Ds  
Susweka
[Avatar]
kielia727 wrote:I find the Irish thing great since a large part of my heitage is Irish.When I was a little girl I watched the movie Thomasina (sp?) and immediately wanted to live in Ireland.

Now, if I could live anywhere I would want mountains and ocean in the same location. If I could not have the ocean a mountain lake would work.

For me the Erin dream began with John Ford's "THE QUIET MAN". It's 1 of those movies I watch everytime just to be in that place.
But if I suddenly received millions I'd probably have several homes here in the US & be a seasonal resident~New motorcycles would be an absolute, well, trykes now & one of those motorhomes that cost a million just by themselves. Ooh, & maybe I'd follow the NASCAR circuit for awhile. But travel would be the most important thing to see how & where others live. Fell in love with that when we were riding m/c back & forth across the country & a single trip to Paris 20+ yrs ago.

MsFineIam
[Avatar]
I would buy an Island and a helecopter to get to and fro....then I would take care of all my Mom, brothers and Sister Bills; after that I would give to different charities in which they get most of the money after much researching them for tax refunds.....I would invest for simple living future.... then I would buy a few hugh homes with lots of rooms and bathroom in each room with in home nursing care and staff to run the places for all Veteran young and old to live there and be took care of ....I would buy a few Half-Linger horses , chickens, pigs, cows , rabbits , Dog , persion cats for( in home) , camels, Elephants and black Rhinos to take to the Island to live with me along with Bison, deer and a Puma....to populate the Island with assorited animals for food and company....also have solar panels brought in and plenty of fresh water resorviors along with a recycle plant to keep water natural and plentyful.....then I would haul organic top soil in and nightcrawlers along with true red and black ladybugs, butterflies, and honeybees.....I would also build an Ark just incase of hurricane for safety and of course have an awray of weapontry along with short stainless steel crossbows in case of pirates....I would have flowers and plants and trees brought in all ready mature for fruit , nuts and just beauty especially roses....along with a master Landscaper to take care of the ground, a medical professional for illness, a Vet for game of all kinds and they would each have their little huts at different parts of the Island ....I would also have a holyistic Doc, Cook.....along with a personnal trainer of free weights, yoga and a giant swimming pool for lap swimming in the nude inside my home from one master bedroom to the other masterbedroom. ...a Large Jacuzzi and the home would be a open floor plan with 36" Steel doors and ramps with screened in wrapped around porch with lot of hanging swing and rocking chairs along with multible feeders for humming birds....of course I would have poultry of every variety along with birds and bats...I would also have a 6 wheeler 4X4 with wagon and a tractor and bobcat w/ all attachments for running around in and of course I would buy a tanker full of Gas with no ethanol to park outside the docks. Oh yea and a old mountain man to make homemade liquores and wines ....Whoo hoo....and lets not forget the scuba gear with a kayake and speargun along with fishing poles....There is more but that is enough....Lol  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
@Susweka, don't forget $11.98 for a big package of ear plugs for those NASCAR races. Or more for a noise-cancelling headset, maybe one that brings you the commentary or radio chatter.

@MsFinelam: If I had more time, I'd calculate what your dreams would cost. I'm betting it's lots more than "millions"!

I like George51's answer, especially the part where he thinks about his great nieces and nephews and their future. You'd be "rich uncle George!" But I'll bet they already love you for more than your (imaginary?) money.  
seasoak
[Avatar]
I would pay off all of the debt for my family and friends. Then, I would fund their college education. Then I would set up a foundation to grant them money for their businesses. Then I would find an island in the Caribbean for me to live on. Then I would go to the beach every day to have a sea soak and to hear the sounds of the waves as they come on shore. That'll just about do it for me.  
seasoak
[Avatar]
p.s. Then I would buy iCoins to use to re-decorate all of my floors until I get to the penthouse. hmmmm.... After that I would play iWin everyone moment I can. I do that anyway. So, it's not new. I would just continue to do something that gives me great pleasure. go iWin!  

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Mon, 19 Nov 2012 15:52

George51
[Avatar]
I would fix up my trailor and set my mother with up with some money too pay off all of her bills and mine too  
WealtyRichBoop
[Avatar]
Laugh all the way to the bank. LOL  
George51
[Avatar]
to Griddlebone you'ld better belive it I love my great neices and nephews but I can't get to see them because I can't afford the price of air fairand it's too cold for me up their all because I live in Az. and they live up northren part of the states  
runninron
[Avatar]
Well since I am retired and don't have any real bills to pay off I guess I would get my drivers license back ( let it expire due to bad health problems but am now eligible to drive again) and buy a reasonably reliable car so I could travel a little. I LOVE to drive. There are a number of places right here in the good ol' USA I want to see before I die and time is getting short. I could stretch a million dollars a long way " being like Jack Courac and living life on the road.  
gostlady
[Avatar]
I would buy all the land around me and divide it up between my kids then I would move far far away on a big mountain or huge plains area and build me a big house and pool. then I would build a huge fence all around it so the kids could only get in when I wanted them to. lol No really I would buy an enoumouse amount of land and every vacant housse I could find fix them up and let the homeless live in them till they could get on there feet and get them a home of there own. I think its stupid to let an empty house sit there when there are people need one and cant get jobs because they have no address so they cant get an address cause they have no job to get money to get the address.  
baronrae
[Avatar]
DISAPPEAR AND START A NEW LIFE WITH AN ALIAS....NO TIES TO FAMILY OR THE PAST.

Please don't shout...On the internet, all caps means you are yelling and I'm sure you don't mean to yell at your iWin friends. Thank you.  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Thu, 3 Apr 2014 22:42

torilanae
[Avatar]
well. my mom owns this account and she lets me and my brother use it. im ten hes 9.

but anyways, ill cut to the chase.

i would buy my whole family a trip to...... DISNEY LAND FOR 7 WEEKS!!!!!

Dehlia2
[Avatar]
If I suddenly won a Million dollars in today's market...I would pay the taxes owed on the money, pay my 10 percent to the church, put some money in a trust for my son, neices and nephew, and then buy a nice home, a car, since I do not have one, and put some in the bank for retirement, and pay off bills of family memmbers. I grew up believing that family is all you have so making sure that they are healthy, happy, and secure is a wish all the time no matter that my family has a lot. We all never know what life will bring fromone day to the next, so knowing they are all secure as financially as is possible would be good. If I still have any money left, I would start giving it away to others.  
skip517
[Avatar]
Dehlia2 wrote:If I suddenly won a Million dollars in today's market...I would pay the taxes owed on the money, pay my 10 percent to the church, put some money in a trust for my son, neices and nephew, and then buy a nice home, a car, since I do not have one, and put some in the bank for retirement, and pay off bills of family memmbers. I grew up believing that family is all you have so making sure that they are healthy, happy, and secure is a wish all the time no matter that my family has a lot. We all never know what life will bring fromone day to the next, so knowing they are all secure as financially as is possible would be good. If I still have any money left, I would start giving it away to others.

U are relly sweet & smart except for stopping at 1 million. The question was if u won millonS of dollars & u should take that "S". If u won 1 million, u would be in a hig tax brackett and so 50% of it is gone in taxes right awy. Now u have $500k. U have a big heart so 10% tithe is $100k so now u have $400k. If ur sone is young, even a small account will grow, so say u start Coverdell edicatiom funds @ $2000 (the max). Start a family trust with $100k. now u have $294k. Put $100k toward retirement - a good number if ur 40, cushy if ur 30, scanty if ur 50. Hon, let ur family members pau their own bills. U have less than $200k left to buy a car & a house. I found a news story that says the median price of a house is $189k so u might sqeek it out - but go for the "S" and get a little breathing room. (I meant it when I said u were sweet & smart, u just need more $$$)  

Forum Index » Chatter Central
Go to:   

Sign up now for iWin's weekly newsletter and special promotions and receive a FREE game!

Submit

Thank You!

An email was sent to the address you provided. To redeem your free game, please follow the instructions provided in that email and start playing!

Enjoy!

The iWin Team

We protect your privacy. Review our privacy policy.

is Our games are guaranteed safe and free of viruses and malicious software. We have rigorous internal testing and we are members of the McAfee SECURE program, which ensures that our games are tested externally daily and approved. iWin.com is also Verisign Secured certified and an accredited business by the Better Business Bureau (BBB).

Click logos below for more information.