Virtual Families: iWin Forums

Welcome back  !

Make life simple!

Connect your Facebook account and enjoy all of iWin's games and benefits!

Connect with Facebook No, thank you
iWin Forums, the place to meet, ask, and chat.

[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Forums Home 

Virtual Families
Forum Index » Game Discussions
tcfarms
[Avatar]
You can bring them to the kitchen and they will "look for snacks". Hopefully in your store, the item that is for sale is one on the top row. Other wise grains and dairy are the cheapest. As long as you keep your people working and finding items you will continue to build up your bank. Good luck!!!  
tcfarms
[Avatar]
I found that you can fix the hose after fixing the kichen sink or the bathroom sink. Yeah!!!! I have 5 families going. Each one with different jobs and number of children. I have one family who are emply nesters now. How cool.  
kebutts
[Avatar]
Since it seems that alot of people are confused about the game and how stuff works i am goin to tell you all about it.
There is no age limit that you cant have kids.
The store refreshes every 12 hours
You have to use some type of water and then place somebody on the leaky hose to fix it.....it has to have the tape
You can only fix the fountain after the hose is fixed....it takes two people and a pump
Only people 14 and older can work and put up groceries
Anybody can read email, clean, and find collections
If you have a collection, weed, wrapper, or sock you can not pick that person up or they will drop it
While you ae throwin the trash and you pick that person up they willl lose it but there will be no trash
Only praise the stuff you want them to do regularly.....other than the ones that you can get trophies for
You can have another child at the age of 2.....it will say too soon at first but keep tryin then leave that family for a little while then try again....it should work
If that does not work for you then 4 is the age that you can have another child
Teenagers leave the house at the age of 19
The baby boost will only work on the female and if you use it twice on one person it will act like you never used it at all
To cure hiccups i give them some peptic syrup, antitussive syrup, and a glass of water(a drink from the sink)
You do not have to waste your money on a doctor consulation.....if you keep dragging you person around the dropping them they will eventually say what hurts
Once in college you child can never come back unless they are givin the house by you
Once one parent dies then you can start a new generation with one of their kids
The parents usually die around 65-75 years old

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Fri, 17 Aug 2012 04:51

Mmizzell
[Avatar]
kebutts wrote:
To cure hiccups i give them some peptic syrup, antitussive syrup, and a glass of water(a drink from the sink)
You do not have to waste your money on a doctor consulation.....if you keep dragging you person around the dropping them they will eventually say what hurts

To cure hiccups u only give them water, u r wasting money buying all that other stuff and sometimes(though it is rare) u will have to pay for a doctor's consultation as u need a doctors order to buy the medicine. My first generation's husband kept getting sick, I would heal him and he would still get weaker and sick again. He had a grave illness, I had to buy the shot and some other type of medication. I can't remember, I'm on my fourth generation now.  

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Fri, 17 Aug 2012 04:51

98ackies
[Avatar]
Mmizzell wrote:
tcfarms wrote: The oven put itself out? Key, where?? Ok, so I didn't water the plants in the begining, can I do it anytime??

All the malfuntions in the house will eventually go away on their own and the key is under the welcome mat as for watering the plants, yes you can do it any time, but you have to have the shed open and the leaky hose fixed first.
how do you fix the leaky hose  
Mmizzell
[Avatar]
For both the leaky hose and the broken fountain, you have to buy something from the store, the same as with the holes in the floor and the damaged walls on the workshop.
I'm gonna give you the directions to fix those 2 items.

Leaky Hose
Hint # 1: Buy the duct tape from the store

Hint # 2: Place the duct tape next to the leaky hose

Hint # 3: Place 1 person in the shower or get them to turn on the sink, then place someone on the leaky hose to fix it.

Broken Fountain
Hint # 1: Buy the pump from the store

Hint # 2: Place the pump next to the fountain

Hint # 3: Place 2 people on the pump to fix

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Fri, 17 Aug 2012 04:52

fharrett
[Avatar]
AnneiWin wrote:Have you played Virtual Families? Want to talk about how great a game it is? Need game tips? Here's where to discuss it!

Yes I loved it But I don't own it so the trial ran out

sammy4you4
[Avatar]
How do you have twins????????????????  
Mmizzell
[Avatar]
sammy4you4 wrote:How do you have twins????????????????

Unfortunately, it's just luck of the draw. Sorry. Same as triplets.

EDIT: Giving Baby Boost too many times can result in twins or even triplets!!!!!!!-Ashley

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Fri, 17 Aug 2012 04:54

Mmizzell
[Avatar]
I created a game guide for IWIN and its members,sans screenshots, so hopefully we can get it to y'all soon. I think it's too long for the forums, but I may be able to shorten it if it comes to that.  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mon, 18 May 2009 22:15

hulabula96
[Avatar]
How do you cure the hiccups? Two of my kids are sick. :  
tcfarms
[Avatar]
I'm so sad. My mom and dad died today. Now I only have a 12 year old at home. I think I will keep him at home until he goes off to college. Then I will allow one of the syblings to inherit the house.  
kebutts
[Avatar]
okay.....im confused.... ......
some people say that the baby boost will only work once and if u use it twice will have a diminshed affect but some other people said that the more times you use it the greater chance of you gettin multiples
HELP!!!!!  
Mmizzell
[Avatar]
kebutts wrote:okay.....im confused.... ......
some people say that the baby boost will only work once and if u use it twice will have a diminshed affect but some other people said that the more times you use it the greater chance of you gettin multiples
HELP!!!!!

According to the makers of the game and personal experience, baby boost has a greater chance of working and having multiples if you repeatedly give it to your woman. But at $500 a pop it's a little out of price range unless you really need a kid, I suggest waiting until your second or third generation to buy and use more than one.  

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Sat, 29 Jun 2013 00:18

gaaaah
[Avatar]
How do you turn off the radio? For some reason when I press it it gets louder and louder  
Mmizzell
[Avatar]
gaaaah wrote:How do you turn off the radio? For some reason when I press it it gets louder and louder

It will turn off on its own as long as you leave it alone and not click on it.  

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Fri, 17 Aug 2012 04:55

severfine@dfgff
[Avatar]
how many children are they able to have? And how can the parents make more money so that they can buy the more things from the store?  
Mmizzell
[Avatar]
severfine@dfgff wrote: how many children are they able to have? And how can the parents make more money so that they can buy the more things from the store?

6 is the maximum amount of children you can have.

Each time they finish a work cycle they will receive a small amount of money. In addition to this small payment each time they successfully complete a work cycle, they receive a portion of their current daily income in regular payments every hour of the day.
For example: if someone’s current salary is $240 per day, they will automatically earn $10 every hour, plus they will receive a small bonus for each completed work cycle, which is paid at the end of the cycle. You will hear the sound of jingling coins each time someone earns money or interest is paid on the family’s bank balance.

To get to the family bank account, push the green dollar sign.
The bank popup will give you information about how much money your family is currently making and how much interest you will receive on your bank balance. Note that the projections on this screen are only estimates, and the information presented here should be used only as a rough guide to the family’s financial situation. The actual account balance that your family will have depends upon such things as how much time they spend working, changes in their work environment, various events that occur each day, and how much of their money is spent on necessities and luxuries. Only spend what you need to. Interest can add up fast.

There is also an event to sell your collection to a collector. Plus you recieve $5 for every duplicate item you find.  

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Fri, 17 Aug 2012 04:57

BonM68
[Avatar]
Can someone out there tell me how to use the weed bomber. I tried it and well it vanished without doing anything. Someone help!!!  
Mmizzell
[Avatar]
BonM68 wrote:Can someone out there tell me how to use the weed bomber. I tried it and well it vanished without doing anything. Someone help!!!

That is very strange that it didn't do anything. Are you sure it didn't do anything? You're supposed to put it on your lawn and it will vanish but so will any weeds in your yard. It may have just been a glitch in the game that one time. It has worked for me every time so far. I hope that this helped. Let me know if it works the next time you use it.  

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Fri, 17 Aug 2012 04:58

Mmizzell
[Avatar]
Has anyone found the little red ball? It is the only thing I cannot seem to find. I only just found out about it through another forum. Apparently it's an Easter egg, and each player must find it for themselves. One hint I got was to click around in the top left corner, but it's not working for me. If anyone finds it can you please post your revelations? Or at least a better hint?  

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Fri, 17 Aug 2012 04:58

madymoopie
[Avatar]
i want to buy it bad but i cant.

Howdo you make them have kids?  
babseymaz
[Avatar]
Mmizzell wrote:Has anyone found the little red ball? It is the only thing I cannot seem to find. I only just found out about it through another forum. Apparently it's an Easter egg, and each player must find it for themselves. One hint I got was to click around in the top left corner, but it's not working for me. If anyone finds it can you please post your revelations? Or at least a better hint?

Mmizzel, this is the first I heard of the ball. Is the area they suggest around the shed or above??  

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Fri, 17 Aug 2012 04:59

Mmizzell
[Avatar]
babseymaz wrote:Mmizzel, this is the first I heard of the ball. Is the area they suggest around the shed or above??

I think that it is next to it or above I have been trying for most of the day to find it and can't. I do know that it was hard for others to find it in the other forum, but the moderators won't let anyone post info on how to get it besides hints because of it being an easter egg in the game and therefore supposed to be hard to find.  

Mmizzell
[Avatar]
madymoopie wrote: i want to buy it bad but i cant.
Howdo you make them have kids?

You drop the husband on the wife or vice versa.  

kebutts
[Avatar]
Mmizzell wrote:
babseymaz wrote:Mmizzel, this is the first I heard of the ball. Is the area they suggest around the shed or above??

I think that it is next to it or above I have been trying for most of the day to find it and can't. I do know that it was hard for others to find it in the other forum, but the moderators won't let anyone post info on how to get it besides hints because of it being an easter egg in the game and therefore supposed to be hard to find.

I have no idea what and easter egg is???
or why it is in this game......someone please help!!!!
What is it used for and why cant anyone give any hints on how to find it????

Mmizzell
[Avatar]
kebutts wrote:
I have no idea what and easter egg is???
or why it is in this game......someone please help!!!!
What is it used for and why cant anyone give any hints on how to find it????

An Easter Egg is something extra added to a game just for fun. In this case it is a little red ball.
On the forums I found out about it on the moderators won't let anyone give any hints except that it is somewhere in the top left corner. But on these forums(IWin's) we can post any hints we want.
I haven't been able to find it yet as soon as someone can I hope that they will post how they did it.
As for what it is used for, it's basically for your entertainment as the family can't interact with it.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Sat, 29 Jun 2013 00:18

Paradoxis
[Avatar]
I don't believe there is a hidden easter egg in the game.

Paradoxis
[Avatar]
BonM68 wrote:Can someone out there tell me how to use the weed bomber. I tried it and well it vanished without doing anything. Someone help!!!

If there are no weeds, nothing will happen. If there are weeds, then place the weed bomber on an actual weed. At the top of the screen green smoke will come up from the grass indicating that all weeds are now kaput. I don't wast weed bombs on just one weed though. I use them if I have more than three.  
Paradoxis
[Avatar]
Mmizzell I came back to apologise, because I found it. After logging off here, I went in search. It's an "easter egg" in the sense of a hidden message the programmers put into software sometimes. (search 'virtual easter egg')

If you want to know exactly where to find the ball, let me know. PM is fine, or public post if that's okay.

As a hint, all I'll say is that when they say upper left corner, they MEAN upper left. We're talking with hands here, people...  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Thu, 2 May 2013 11:56

kebutts
[Avatar]
OMG i found the red ball!!!  

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Fri, 17 Aug 2012 05:04

Mmizzell
[Avatar]
Thanks Paradoxis, your hint helped alot. I found it the first try.I FOUND THE LITTLE RED BALL YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Fri, 17 Aug 2012 05:04

Barbie_1
[Avatar]
i cant find it i searched all over no red ball  
babseymaz
[Avatar]
Found the red ball REALLY upper left hand corner. Thanx everyone!!  

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Fri, 17 Aug 2012 05:04

yummy222
[Avatar]
where on the upper left corner, like on the house pic or outside on the shed  
babseymaz
[Avatar]
Upper left like above the boxes for praise and scolding. Also, I don't think u can kill them. But if u really want to experiment,
try leaving the game on, let the food run out and see?? LOL
Or you could just add another player and start another family completely!!  
hugndkiss
[Avatar]
my girl is a film processor, i dont know where to put her to work on her career. any hints??  
Paradoxis
[Avatar]
Glad to help.

Try throwing the red ball in the house. It's so funny watching it bounce of walls and stuff. LOL

Hugndkiss, did you try the workshop?  
Paradoxis
[Avatar]
yummy222 wrote:I first had the free trial but now i bought the game. i now have a completley knewfamily. my person got married to someone i think is kinda ugly and know my child looks mental. how do i kill them both lol

LOL! If you're on your first generation, you could just try starting over. There's an option in the menu.

There sure are some dead ugly people in the game, that's for sure. lol  
yummy222
[Avatar]
i think u would put the person in the computer area

yummy222
[Avatar]
do i click it there or somethin and is the screen suppost to be on the house teh shed the working place or wat

also wat do i do if my ppl are extemely weak  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Wed, 27 May 2009 14:54

Paradoxis
[Avatar]
Yummy222 your screen has to be as far to the top and left as it will go, then click around the hands.

If your people are weak, try feeding them. To get someone to prepare a meal just drop them on the table. Check you have lots of food in the fridge too. They also might have been sick, so check their details to see what they need.

Also, if they're exhausted you need to drop them on the bed so they get some sleep. Hope that helps.  
wildrose3
[Avatar]
I haven't played through the whole game, but, my sink stopped after I got married, I think.  
rosyie
[Avatar]
hi can any one help me how do you get little ones to master career is it the kids or is it the parents plz  
Paradoxis
[Avatar]
Rosyie, only the adults can master a career. Kids can only study and play and stuff. But when they turn 14 they can do adult jobs like the dishes, putting groceries away, preparing a meal and so on. Just household stuff, not actual careers.  
tooleclan
[Avatar]
ok thanks a lot for help [rosyies my daughter]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Fri, 29 May 2009 08:39

yummy222
[Avatar]
thanks Paradoxis that helped!  
Paradoxis
[Avatar]
You're very welcome.  
BonM68
[Avatar]
Hey I have a question. My person says she is not feeling fresh and I have tried to put her in the shower. I just started a new generation so she is the only person in the house right now. Every time I put her in the shower it keeps saying someone is in the shower. What do I do? Is there someone in the shower or is my person nuts? How do I fix this?  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sun, 31 May 2009 07:56

Mmizzell
[Avatar]
Wow I had that happen to me a few times all I had to do was shut the game down and re-enter the game and I was able to use the shower. Maybe the house has a ghost. lol.  

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Fri, 17 Aug 2012 05:05

Forum Index » Game Discussions
Go to: