Jewel Quest: Heritage: iWin Forums

Welcome back  !

Make life simple!

Connect your Facebook account and enjoy all of iWin's games and benefits!

Connect with Facebook No, thank you
iWin Forums, the place to meet, ask, and chat.

[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Forums Home 

Jewel Quest: Heritage
Forum Index » Game Discussions
reyndeer
[Avatar]
Love the JQ games. However, I cannot get past the board that has the unique crystals that undo previous matches, Isabel Moctezuma. Is there a trick to completing these 6 games? It's been a long week of frustration, not making any progress.

Any suggestions ? How do I get rid of those annoying crystals??

bevo63
[Avatar]
I am also having a problem with the Francesca De La Cueva portrait. I do not have the last piece of her puzzle even though all of my previous protraits are silver. I do not have enough pieces for any other puzzles so that I could pass this one and come back to it. Any ideas?  
EBMurley
[Avatar]
I'm not sure I'm doing this right. I need help. I have finished every board up to and including leonor and sebastion cortexz. I do not have enough puzzle pieces to complete any one else. What do I do?
Thanks  
Puppyzplace
[Avatar]
Well, I just love JQ in any form. Expert level is even harder. They do not offer any bonus time at all. You do get to play any of the family in any order. So jumping
around from one person to another might ease your stress level. Dog gone MONKEYS.  

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mon, 3 May 2010 20:37

tnprincipal
[Avatar]
I'm stuck on the level with the flaming jewels. What is the best strategy -- matching the flames or not?  
LynneVee
[Avatar]
Really excited - This 67 year old from Sydney has just finished the Expert mode of Jewel Quest Heritage. Yaaayyyyy  
momaie
[Avatar]
LynneVee wrote:Really excited - This 67 year old from Sydney has just finished the Expert mode of Jewel Quest Heritage. Yaaayyyyy

Congratulations! I'm still plugging away at the Expert level...slow but sure... With the hours I've spent on this game, I can't complain I didn't get my money's worth...  
flo84ria
[Avatar]
i too am missing a piece of francesca too will i find it in some of the other puzzles past it.  
laureayoub
[Avatar]
i need help not sure how to unlock key locks only just started  
momaie
[Avatar]
laureayoub wrote:i need help not sure how to unlock key locks only just started

If you read the posts on the first page of this topic, the answer to your question is there...Enjoy the game, it's a challenge but a lot of fun! Dee, volunteer moderator  
Coins24
[Avatar]
30 minutes doesn't give you enough time to really see if it gets any more interesting. I was pretty bored with it. I guess I've played them enough. Not worth 2,000 icoins.  
KountryTx29
[Avatar]
I am missing a piece of Francisca I have completed everyone around her I can't get any more pieces to the people above her. I am stuck please help.  
grannybun
[Avatar]
I CANNOT GET PASSED THOSE STUPID MONKEYS...
PLEASE, PLEASE HELP ME...I AM SOOO FRUSTRATED WITH IT RIGHT NOW....ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED MORE THAN YA KNOW...THANX...GRANNYBUNNYPlease don't shout...On the internet, all caps means you are yelling and I'm sure you don't mean to yell at your iWin friends. Please read the Topics & Guidelines at this link for more information on posting to the Game Chat Forum. Thank you. Dee, volunteer moderator  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sat, 12 Feb 2011 06:56

gdeleonj
[Avatar]
I am looking for any tips / tricks as to how to finish this board. I have not ever come close to finishing, and cannot figure out any real strategy as to how to beat the board. Please reply to my email address as I am not very good about searching this website. Thanks! Personal email address

Posting personal information on a public venue is not safe. Your email addy was removed for your protection. •••MaryBeth, Volunteer Moderator  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sat, 19 Jun 2010 19:50

pollux5
[Avatar]
grannybun wrote:I CANNOT GET PASSED THOSE STUPID MONKEYS...
PLEASE, PLEASE HELP ME...I AM SOOO FRUSTRATED WITH IT RIGHT NOW....ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED MORE THAN YA KNOW...THANX...GRANNYBUNNY

Can I second and third that request please. It's been frustrating me for weeks! Please tell us what we're doing wrong. I get all the squares gold, but no completion. Monkeys are on the board, but their squares are gold. You can't get rid of all the monkeys, they just keep on coming. So what's the goal supposed to be?  
pollux5
[Avatar]
Wait a minute... I just read somewhere that the brown squares at the bottom of the board are MONKEY CAGES and you have to TRAP monkeys inside the cages. Is that right?

They said you have to match jewels UNDER the monkeys to make them drop down into the cages. You have to have all the squares gold, AND all the cages filled with monkeys.

Is that correct?!  
momaie
[Avatar]
pollux5 wrote:Wait a minute... I just read somewhere that the brown squares at the bottom of the board are MONKEY CAGES and you have to TRAP monkeys inside the cages. Is that right?

They said you have to match jewels UNDER the monkeys to make them drop down into the cages. You have to have all the squares gold, AND all the cages filled with monkeys.

Is that correct?!

Yes, that's right! All those pesky monkeys need to be locked up in their cages but beware...if 2 other monkeys come along & line up with the locked up monkey, they will release it...Those monkeys can drive you bananas...lol...  
lblakley09
[Avatar]
I'm having trouble Completing Luis De Arteche! Can anyone please tell me how to do this! Thanks  
kidsearcher
[Avatar]
elaynemu wrote:Has anyone had trouble with the puzzle pieces? I think that I am pretty far up the tree and I am totally stuck. All my people so far are framed by silver so I know that I did every one but I am missing a piece of Francesca De La Cueva and I don't have enough pieces of any of the next 4 to continue on past Francesca.

I am having the same trouble, all of my people so far are in silver frames, but don't have enough pieces to complete any of the next people. Does this mean that I need to go back down and do previous puzzles again until I find the missing pieces I need?  
lawmanaz
[Avatar]
I have the same problem and have started over twice! What is the answer to not having the right puzzle pieces to complete a picture? Is anyone going to address this issue?  
cshepherd4311
[Avatar]
lawmanaz wrote:I have the same problem and have started over twice! What is the answer to not having the right puzzle pieces to complete a picture? Is anyone going to address this issue?

I see a lot of people who are having the same problem. I'm stuck in the same place everyone else is. Need one piece for the woman and I cannot move to next level because I don't have enough pieces. Do you have to play the boards more than once to get all the pieces or is this a bug?

darien1
[Avatar]
having bit of trouble unlocking level 2 on family tree can anyone help  
angela1955
[Avatar]
please help how do you work the flaming diamonds. come on you expect give us learners ago. i would also like a relaxed mode as i have done well i think. but are trying to work out the pattern to stop turn my golds back. keep our interest in the game. my game freezes all the time too. your have to restart when you hear the first sound, or else your stuck.  
jaoliver
[Avatar]
Can anyone give tips on how to play with the flaming diamonds. This question has been asked a couple of times with no response. I am on the expert level. Thanks!  
iwinmarty
[Avatar]
bevo63 wrote:I am having trouble w
ith Luis DeArteche, board 6 also. I can't figure out the hang down puzzles on the sides of the board. Any advice?

i'm also stuck in Luis DeArteche, very fristrating, only 3 blocks to go! help!?  
elliep37
[Avatar]
I am also missing parts of the puzzles, top of a womens head,
2 men 1 missing 2 pieces and the other 1; I got to that point the first day, my scores are fair I guess.

I have all the games and love them all, how do I get more pieces to show up?

As for the monkeys, drop them in the cages and turn all blocks gold the game will end.

I need help too.
Elliep37  
unclekirk
[Avatar]
LynneVee wrote:Really excited - This 67 year old from Sydney has just finished the Expert mode of Jewel Quest Heritage. Yaaayyyyy

how on EARTH does one get past the final Pearls board in expert mode??  
latinbone
[Avatar]
hello can anyone give me any tricks to beating the 5th board in expert mode of princess teotlalco  
kmadis
[Avatar]
elaynemu wrote:Has anyone had trouble with the puzzle pieces? I think that I am pretty far up the tree and I am totally stuck. All my people so far are framed by silver so I know that I did every one but I am missing a piece of Francesca De La Cueva and I don't have enough pieces of any of the next 4 to continue on past Francesca.

I am having the same problem. Help anyone????  
gonesolo
[Avatar]
latinbone wrote:hello can anyone give me any tricks to beating the 5th board in expert mode of princess teotlalco

I've been fighting with that board for months! Got as close as only 2 squares left but that's it...It will not defeat me! Definitely getting my money's worth out of this game...but I sure do wish I could beat that board to move on to the last bit...I know it can be beaten since others have finished so I'm not giving up!  
l4dyh4wk2
[Avatar]
gonesolo wrote:
latinbone wrote:hello can anyone give me any tricks to beating the 5th board in expert mode of princess teotlalco

I've been fighting with that board for months! Got as close as only 2 squares left but that's it...It will not defeat me! Definitely getting my money's worth out of this game...but I sure do wish I could beat that board to move on to the last bit...I know it can be beaten since others have finished so I'm not giving up!

I'm in the same situation have been playing & replaying it for months... I get close but so far no luck. But I refuse to give up. Can't imagine what the Moctezuma boards will be like... IF I ever get there I hope they aren't like this one.  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
Just checking in to say that I'm playing Heritage now and would love to help/vent/discuss the challenges. I can't help with expert mode as I'm just finishing Moctezuma II in the silver game. I do see a lot of frustration with Francisca de la Cueva's puzzle pieces so here's a hint for those still struggling - ignore her and continue on with anyone who's portrait is complete, even if they're on a higher level on the tree. You'll find her puzzle piece eventually then you can go back and finish her.

The hardest silver level boards IMO are Don Pedro Moctezuma's 5th board, Hernan Cortes's 5th board, and except that there is sort of a trick to it, Princess Teotlalco's 5th board. For that one just try to use as few pearls as possible, or you'll run out of moves. Enjoy!  
1emma1
[Avatar]
So I'm back finishing Heritage (JQIII stumped me again - China Gold Monkeys). Anyone notice in GOLD Heritage Wm Pack the board description says "5 common jewels plus specials" but no gold coins appear? What am I misunderstanding? luckily in gold you can bounce around to different people I'm getting stumped all over the place  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
Wait... you could finish Don Pedro Moctezuma silver in Heritage but the China gold in JQ3 has you stalled? Jiangsu in JQ3 China gold that was a royal pain, otherwise those two sections are similar but different puzzles. I'll take monkeys over crows any day. At least you have the satisfaction of caging them!

That's a sharp eye you have there. I hadn't done Wm Pack yet in gold (but I've finished Maria and Acatlan, go figure). It seems you get specials in the silver mode but not in gold. That must be the difficulty factor. They can't really change the description of the puzzle since in expert mode you have the same puzzle entry but can choose expert or regular (silver) mode with a checkbox. BTW, that's a feature I really like. I had to make two characters in JQ3 to be able to replay both silver and gold puzzles.

I'm pretty sure that for Hernan Cortes (black crows) the difficulty factor is more black crows - yuck.  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Wed, 13 Apr 2011 07:29

1emma1
[Avatar]
Glad you knew what I was talking about. I realized after I posted that I meant "expert" when speaking of Heritage. Mind was still stuck on JQIII gold. And yes, the crows are a royal pain and took lots of time. Ive only got two monkeys to go in China. Hey I keep telling myself after Hekla I can do ANYTHING. Can't remember where, the 9 and 10 monkey totals. and you are correct, descriptions don't change from level to level. duh I knew that. realized it when playing JQIII that I didn't need 5 gold coins to break the code in Gold, only four are on the board at a time!! boy felt stupid that night. oh well. but no matter what I'm playing the pearls are my biggest problem. still can't crack them in Pacific Northwest or Heritage Expert.  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
Hey Emma and other Heritage fans.

It looks like Clara Kingsley does get specials in Expert mode, but only 3 on the board at a time. That can be useful, actually.

And I'm still working on the 5th Princess board. I think you get a maximum of 4 pearls on the board at one time, but I'm still stuck. I've gotten the board to 1 blank space twice, but ran out of swaps before I could get it. Planning, planning, planning... and a huge pile of luck is needed too.

I'm working from the top down and the bottom up in Heritage Expert mode. I don't want to get to the end of game play and have only the monster boards on top to do. So far I have the three bottom generations plus Wm Pack (and Natalie) done and in gold frames, and Acatlan, Maria, Don Pedro, and Catalina also finished. I'm half done with Hernan (CROWS!), Isabel and Sebastian Cortes. I've started Leonor because I really don't like timepieces all that much and want to get her done and over with. And I've finished 4 of 5 boards for the Princess.

Update: I'm sick unto death of Swap Mode. These boards would be fun if most of them had a solution, but in Expert mode it is impossible to complete many combinations with the number of swaps allowed. Therefore you either have to play a lot of boards or you have to restart until you get something that looks like it might be possible to finish. In other words, luck (how the jewels fall) plays more of a part in the game than skill (figuring out how to manipulate the jewels to clear an area). That takes a lot of the fun out of it.

I'm not complaining in general about Heritage. It's still a huge value for the money, and has a lot of fun and interesting boards available to play. I just would rather solve puzzles than keep resetting until I find a board that is workable. On the plus side, I can play the East Asia and Hawaii boards in JQ3 whenever I want, and there is a set of boards I like in Heritage; those plus JQ2 give me a lot of choices for casual play.  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Thu, 21 Apr 2011 09:05

BlueSky593
[Avatar]
kmadis wrote:

I am having the same problem. Help anyone????

I am having the same problem - no more puzzle pieces to finish the pictures..... help  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
This question does get asked and answered a lot. If you have all the puzzle pieces for someone higher up on the tree, work on that character. Eventually you will get all the puzzle pieces that you are missing.

Assuming that you are missing a piece to Francisca de la Cueva, who is in the third row from the top, her last puzzle piece is found somewhere in the second row from the top... above her. So work on those boards while you look for it.

I think it take some of the fun out of it, but if you're stuck, there is a strategy guide for Heritage here on iWin. Look under Support / Game Play Experience. Sadly, it won't help you on the Expert level boards. The only thing that helps there is time, patience, luck and addiction, which keeps you coming back when you want to spit at the Princess.  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Fri, 6 May 2011 07:36

1emma1
[Avatar]
HA! I agree with everything you said, Grid, extreme patience to be an expert. I am hoping another JQ is released soon. Seems to be the only ones I "enjoy" but how frustrating. My poor dogs think I'm yelling at them  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
Do you have Sleepless Star, Emma? I'm saving up my iCoins to buy that one, but Heritage is keeping me occupied for the moment, and I still haven't even loaded JQ II on this system. I'm plugging through the first JQ and Heritage.

By the way, I am super annoyed this morning. I got Hernan Cortez Expert #5 to one very easy upper square and ran out of time. ALL the hard stuff was done, I just needed maybe 15 seconds of swapping and I would have been done. Also, I got the Princess #5 to only two squares, both filled with the same jewel, and a matching jewel adjacent... one swap away from a win and I ran out of swaps. I guess I'm supposed to be encouraged that if I can get that close, someday I'll win?

I have no idea how I'll beat the timepiece puzzles in Expert, though.  
1emma1
[Avatar]
Sleepless Star is great. Different challenges and yes, I yelled at some of those too, and had to go away and come back and it did take me weeks to get thru all the locations but well worth it. In fact I started it again, but it is a challenge. I'm absolutely stuck in JQII bonus, and then of course, still got about five "people" in Heritage. Expert Heritage is really tuff!! Two cities left in JQIII. I'm really "enjoying" Hawaii. As you can see, I bounce around when I get to the real tuffies. JQ are only games I play.  
jademayyy
[Avatar]
good game  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
Emma, which two are left in Hawaii? If you do all 20, let me know if your globe freezes afterwards. I hope it doesn't. I really enjoy Hawaii too and go back to play those boards for relaxation.

Jademayyy, welcome to the iWin forums! I agree that the JQ games are very good and a lot of game for the money.

I wonder if I should load JQ II since I've kind of lost interest in continuing with the original JQ.

Just to keep this on topic, I have nine people left in Heritage, plus the Emperor, although several of those nine are partially done. The swaps boards are going to take a while since they depend more on initial configuartion and jewel drop than ability to see patterns.  
1emma1
[Avatar]
Kanehoe and Kailu (sp). and I remember your warning which is one of the reasons I'm not in such a big hurry to finish. also I think this has been the most fun of all JQIII. but on topic, been fighting Heritage also. And I fibbed on people count. I think I said five cuz these are the ones I really think I will complete. I really have 16 people left to complete Expert, I'm at 79%. Don't think I'll ever get to 100%. I just skip over swaps every time I sign into game. In expert they ARE impossible. Currently yelling at crows. forgot how hard they can be.  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
Well, a good use of the forum, I think, would be venting our frustrations about particular boards.

Crows: Hernan Cortes is totally crow-magnon. I finished him yesterday and I'm glad to see him in my rear view mirror. On the 5th one, I kept restarting until I could see at least one easy swap on the bottom left or right, then I tried to clear those first. Eventually I got lucky and had enough time to clear the rest of the board. You do the 2nd and 5th board starting at the bottom, and the 1st and 3rd working left to right. Good luck.

My vote for Least Favorite Couple is Tobias Pack and his wife, Maria Jose de Arteche. BOTH are swaps mode. I have done the first three of Maria and 1, 2, 5 and 6 of Tobias. But every board is like swimming in sludge. I know I sound like a broken record, but when successful completion of a board means restarting until you get a certain configuration then hoping for favorable jewels to drop, it takes all the fun out of it. There's no sense of accomplishment when success depends more on luck than skill. Most of the permutations are impossible in the number of swaps you're given in Expert mode. And then there's the mother of all swaps boards: Princess #5. I got close a couple of times, but I have to be in a VERY good mood to even try that one. It's not at all relaxing or fun.

I don't think I'm fast enough to finish the timepiece boards in Expert mode. Maybe I'll luck out and finish the last three; I got the first by luck.

Now, on a positive note, if you liked China in JQ III you'll do just fine with Don Pedro Moctezuma and Gomez de Arteche. I had a lot of fun with the monkeys this time around.

The pearls boards are challenging but not impossible (except for Princess #5) but there seem to be an awful lot of them.  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mon, 9 May 2011 04:11

Claret7
[Avatar]
I am at 79%, also, and it is not likely that I can get 100 %. I, too, do not like starting over, just trying to find a possible win. I love the ones where strategy is the whole point, but at this level, to have to have lots of luck in order to win is very frustrating  
1emma1
[Avatar]
hi claret. I made it to 81% yesterday. I'm stubborn and don't restart boards most of the time. I just play out the lost causes, but some of them are gonna require me restarting and restarting. Hey there are a few of those in JQIII too. Oh well, we certainly are getting our money's worth outta Heritage.  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
I just finished Tobias and Maria Jose. Those are swaps boards and were not particularly fun, but they're done. Yay. No exhilaration, just done and gone. I'm going to go play a HOG now.  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
This post originally detailed the way I was trying to beat Princess #5. Since the method I went into in some detail turned out to be a total dead end, I deleted the original post. It was way too long to read anyway. I'll try to generate an image of a board that shows the strategy that eventually worked - and I say "strategy", not "technique" because techniques work more than 1 in 100 times. Luck is hugely important on beating this board.

The graphic I included a couple of posts below this one shows the strategy I was using that never quite worked.  

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Mon, 25 Jul 2011 07:09

Claret7
[Avatar]
I hit 85% today, finishing up Maria! I will keep playing, because just when I think I cannot win another, I get one! I have 5 left that need only one more win, but they are very hard. Of course, I have some that need 4,5 or 6. I dislike the clocks the most, then pearls and crows.  

Forum Index » Game Discussions
Go to: