Best book series ever?: iWin Forums

Welcome back  !

Make life simple!

Connect your Facebook account and enjoy all of iWin's games and benefits!

Connect with Facebook No, thank you
iWin Forums, the place to meet, ask, and chat.

[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Forums Home 

Best book series ever?
Forum Index » Chatter Central
Dinismurf
[Avatar]
mulleh wrote: Very interesting and exciting!

I guess it would be!  
cupieq
[Avatar]
my fav series in the whole world is percy jackson and the olympians. the series inspired me to become a teacher of greek mythology! read read read you will love.  
92marilou
[Avatar]
Like l4dyh4wk, One one my favorites is The Earth's Children series by Jean M. Auel. I was a little disappointed in #6 though - what do you think?

I also love Elizabeth Peters, her Amelia Peabody books are so funny. Set mostly in Egypt in the late 19th & early 20th century.

Ellis Peters wrote the Brother Cadfael series - somewhat similar to The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco - but NOT a copy. Her first book in this series was printed before Eco's. You're in another world, that can be cruel, can be fun, at the time of civil war in England. The first book was based in 1138 - I think!

Peter Treymayne writes detective novels, his heroine is Sister Fidelma, and they are based in 7th century Ireland. A fascinating insight into another world, where cruelty & religion run side by side.

And of course my classics on Kindle, mostly Austen & Dickens.

I love reading!!  
chriswhite1
[Avatar]
Dark Hunter Novels by Sherilyn Canyon rock.  
cassy16
[Avatar]
mediator or maybe avalon high (im 13 the fact that i like sumthing other then twighlight is a miricle)  
anniecan1
[Avatar]
best books are Bible, Gone with the Wind and any Stephen King book  
ShayeraHol
[Avatar]
Best book series ever? Mine. Seriously, I would have to cast my vote for Lord Of The Rings/The Hobbit, but Anne Rice's vampire series, Alexandre Dumas' Three Musketeers series, and the Rain series from V.C. Andrews (ghostwritten after her death) are among my favorites as well.  
jessiegirl35
[Avatar]
Don't forget the JRRTOLKIEN SERIES HAS FOUR BOOKS OU NEED TO READ 'THE HOBBIT' favorite author and series? several: the ;DUNE' series by Frank Herbert, although dead his son his continuing to write books about 'DUNE' Medical thriller? Robin Cook, Murder <ystery , Patricia Cornwall, Nora Roberts, AKA J.D.Robb, Scarey? Jeffery Deavers, Stephen King and Dean Koontz. of course, Dan Brown- Anels and Demons and The Symbol and The DiVinci Code and as for legal thrillers John Grisham. Both Stephen King ( did you know he has a bit role in everyone of his movies? In Rose Red he was the pizza man). and John Grisham, the movies of thier books are accurate to a great degree. I love ALL these authors and many more. I read everyday, Everytthing except Weterns and I will read those if I am desparate and there is nothing else.  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Tue, 12 Feb 2013 20:57

jessiegirl35
[Avatar]
Oh Yeah and the Harry Potter books and the Anne Rice vampire boks and i would recommend reading Battlefield Earth. After watching the movie ( with John Travolta as the alien) i decided to read the book my surprise..... the movieis only about a fifth of the book. I read on about intergalactic banking system and travel to other planets that are of couse populated and how we as humans fight back and regain a place in the universe and the galaxy. The book was 700 pages, the movie? the first 200 pages. It was well worth buying because it was standard price but a thik book. The Present Darkness and the second book show the reader the battle between good and evil that is fought daily over us.Loved it!  
seasoak
[Avatar]
That's an easy one. Easy Rawlings by Walter Mosley!
Peace and blessings,
SeaSoak  
Redd4lfe
[Avatar]
For sure Diana Gabldon's Outlander series.  
casual29
[Avatar]
The movies of thre Flowers in the Attic have just been recently made and is playing now on Lifetime. I suspect they had to wait this long to get a television network to agree to play the movie.

DexGypMom wrote:

Honk - I did read the V. C. Andrews series "Flowers in the Attic" and was really creeped out about it. I can't imagine a movie being made on this subject. Was it in theaters? It couldn't have been for TV or even cable back then. I always wondered why the author chose such a controversial topic to write about....first hand knowledge?

•••MaryBeth

casual29
[Avatar]
I'm surprised no one mentioned Hunger Games. That series really caught me by surprise. I didn't expect a Young Adult book to be so dark. The movies keep close to the books, but, of course, you lose a lot of the details.....and it's the details that really show the struggles of the people,

I also live the Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning  
fizzbizz
[Avatar]
The dark hunter series and johanna lindsey are among my favorite,but i'm not ubove reading koonts and king every now and again to give myself a break from the mushy stuff!!  
RuthT2
[Avatar]
The absolute BEST book series ever is the "Odd Thomas" books by Dean Koontz. I, at then 67 (70 on the 27th) fel in love.... and lust with Oddie...  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mon, 11 Jan 2016 21:17

Forum Index » Chatter Central
Go to: