Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull: iWin Forums

Reset My User Details

Enter the e-mail address associated with your iWin account, and we will email your username and a link to set a new password.

•  

Set A New Password

Enter the new password for your account.

•  

Welcome back  !

Make life simple!

Connect your Facebook account and enjoy all of iWin's games and benefits!

Connect with Facebook No, thank you
iWin Forums, the place to meet, ask, and chat.

[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Forums Home 

Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull
Forum Index » Game Discussions
Kyliona
[Avatar]
I have figured out and opened the first cannon. You have to use the picture squares along the sides of the map to locate the roman numeral to enter. There are 6 total for each of the 3 cannons. I will give what I got for the first cannon but I can't guarntee this will be the same for everyone.

First Cannon was: XXIII, XXII, XIX, XXI, XXXVI, VIII

You'll know that it is working because after each numeral entered the dots will be pushed in. After all are pushed in the cannon will raise out of the water. Click on it to open it to access what is inside.

Hope this helps.  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mon, 16 May 2011 17:28

Kyliona
[Avatar]
jas18954 wrote:I am in the closet why can't I find the first hidden crown insgnia on top of the dresser the vacuum is the there please help ty

I only found one crown insigna and it's at the fountain  
Kyliona
[Avatar]
natba wrote:I need to investigate the carriage house, which I did: in and out. I got no hint possible and can't find anything unfortynatly. Could anyone help me out?

When inside you need to check out the dresser. It should give you a hidden object puzzle. Which should give you a key. On the bed is a box that the key opens. After opening the box take out the voodoo doll and then go to Mamma Ammie's She'll ask to see it, so give it to her.  
Kyliona
[Avatar]
tater3112 wrote:I'm also stuck in the cemetary. Help please!

What part are you stuck on? if it is the gate to get in. you have to have all 4 keys the answer for the order and direction for them is on the 4corners of the big picture behinde and left of the couch in the big room.  
Kyliona
[Avatar]
tater3112 wrote:
Beth48@ff wrote:Please help I am stuck in the cemetary and don't know what clues I am looking for. Found the indentation but don't know what to do with it

Apparently at that point, we don't have enough information to work it., so leave it for now. Look into the coffin...you can move items out of the way to find the 4 drains.

You have to have the four metal peices that look like giant T's. Place them inside the square so that they aren't crossing over each other.  
Kyliona
[Avatar]
tater3112 wrote:
bearspaw wrote:Where is the path that I take to deliver the gumbo?

Go to the left side of the house, past the graveyard to Cooter's place

Now I think the game is stuck...I keep getting the "listen to the phone call" screen & I can't get past that...no hint either

You have to have the glass. Put it to the door till you hear/see her conversation and or it say's objective complete.  
Kyliona
[Avatar]
texasrosem wrote:I've gotten to the part where is says to investigate the cannons. Any clues to the cannons? Please help

Spoiler.... To figure out the cannons you have to be at the part of the game where you've got a gun pointed at you. You also have to have all of your peices to your map. The little squares along the top and sides of the map tell you the location of the roman numerals your going to need for each cannon. Each cannon needs a set of 6. I can give you what I used but it's not a guarntee that they'll work for you because the game likes to switch clues around.
1ST cannon: XXIII, XXII, XIX, XXI, XXXVI, VII
2ND CANNON LEFT PATH: XV, III, XXVIII, XXIX, II, X
3RD CANNON RIGHT PATH: XXV, XXIV, XII, V, XXXII, VI

Hope this helps.  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mon, 16 May 2011 21:42

Kyliona
[Avatar]
nrsbay wrote:ok now dose anybody know how to get into the piano?

1st: Use screw driver on screws.
2nd: After side panel falls off. Arrange icon all of the same left to right in the order listed on panel behinde the piano keys at front of piano
3rd: After piano lid opens, you'll see numbers attached to the strings. Using those numbers you need to add them to get the sums to equal the amounts listed on the piano keys at the front of the piano. You do each sum one at a time. When you get the correct sum check the piano keys a button should appear where it's number was, click on it. Then redo for each number amount. After all buttons have been pressed you should get your map peices.  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mon, 16 May 2011 19:37

Kyliona
[Avatar]
For anyone who has finsihed the game. I've gotten to the credits and found it's not over after all. I found I can continue by boarding the ships. But I can't find the rocks to throw at them. Please help.  
LadyEarthquake
[Avatar]
Kyliona wrote:For anyone who has finsihed the game. I've gotten to the credits and found it's not over after all. I found I can continue by boarding the ships. But I can't find the rocks to throw at them. Please help.

Hi Kyliona, I'm at this same place. I've finished the game, have all of the crown insignas, have all of the skulls but I can't get to the place to pickup and throw the rocks at the ship. I've gone back over the game twice, but still can't find out how to get to to the ship.  
Kyliona
[Avatar]
LadyEarthquake wrote:
Kyliona wrote:For anyone who has finsihed the game. I've gotten to the credits and found it's not over after all. I found I can continue by boarding the ships. But I can't find the rocks to throw at them. Please help.

Hi Kyliona, I'm at this same place. I've finished the game, have all of the crown insignas, have all of the skulls but I can't get to the place to pickup and throw the rocks at the ship. I've gone back over the game twice, but still can't find out how to get to to the ship.

I am soooooo bummed. I think it's because our version isn't the collector's edition. I went online to check out any hints posted and it has the extended adventure listed as part of the collector's addition. If you find out differently.... Please post it.  
jas18954
[Avatar]
Can anyone help i am at the first cannon i put in xxxvi and one button went down how do i get the other ones plz help ty in advance  
Kyliona
[Avatar]
jas18954 wrote:Can anyone help i am at the first cannon i put in xxxvi and one button went down how do i get the other ones plz help ty in advance

Previously I posted a solution to the cannons in one of the above threads, so you might want to take a look at it. But incase it was confusing here is another way of explaining it.

Keep in mind that there are 3 cannons, each cannon has to have a set of 6 different roman numerals entered (per button). You'll find those numerals using your map. Along the top and side edges of your map should be 6 picture squares. Each picture square is a location on the map with a corresponding roman numeral. You'll know which roman numerals go with which cannon because of the symbols listed both at the top of the cannon and at the corners of the map. After each (all 6) roman numerals is entered correctly the buttons will click,push in/down. When all buttons are completely pushed in/down, the cannon will rise up. Click on the cannon to open it.

I listed the roman numerals I used for each cannon in the above thread but I can't gurantee it will be the same for everyone because the game likes to switch clues around. Hope this helps you.  

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Tue, 17 May 2011 12:06

jas18954
[Avatar]
ty kyliona i will try it  
nrsbay
[Avatar]
kyliona thank you for your help with piano, however my screwdriver that i have in invintory will not work on the side panel  
nrsbay
[Avatar]
never mind it worked that time yes the cannons are quite the puzzle did you get any results by clicking on the map peices? i did not  
nrsbay
[Avatar]
yes you are right your numbers and the ones that i have for the cannons are different ***edited for language***

Post edited for language...Dee, volunteer moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Wed, 18 May 2011 05:04

jas18954
[Avatar]
I finished all the cannons with the help from kyliona and I am hoping you can help me again. I can't dig up the last gold coin to get the 13th skull any suggestions ty again in advance  
jas18954
[Avatar]
i got to the credits and it took me back to the beginning what did i do wrong plz ty  
Kyliona
[Avatar]
jas18954 wrote:i got to the credits and it took me back to the beginning what did i do wrong plz ty

Once at the credits I exited out then hit play to play the game under the same profile and went back to the swamp. The ships are in the swamp still. If you hit the hint it say's "if you throw rocks something will drop so you can board the ship" Problem is I can't find the rocks. According to a different website/cheat it's part of the collector's editon. I'm currently stuck at this point.  
Kyliona
[Avatar]
nrsbay wrote:never mind it worked that time yes the cannons are quite the puzzle did you get any results by clicking on the map peices? i did not

clicking on the map pieces won't work. you have to look for the locations on the map. your only clues will be the small picture squares surrounding the edges of your map. You'll have to have all 18 of them. 6 for each cannon/symbol  
Kyliona
[Avatar]
jas18954 wrote:ty kyliona i will try it

your welcom  
Kyliona
[Avatar]
nrsbay wrote:never mind it worked that time yes the cannons are quite the puzzle did you get any results by clicking on the map peices? i did not

np. i had the same thing happen too.  
Kyliona
[Avatar]
jas18954 wrote:I finished all the cannons with the help from kyliona and I am hoping you can help me again. I can't dig up the last gold coin to get the 13th skull any suggestions ty again in advance

Ok, You have a total of 3 coins you need to dig up. Remember one is already in the wall/picture at the masleum. Not knowning which one's you've already gotten, I'm just gonna list the 3 locations.

1st location: In the dirt near the mail box @ Cooter's house
2nd location: In the front yard next to the tree infront of the Carriage house (Mary lee's place)
3rd location: The dirt patch between the cellar and the bbq/smoker @ the tavern

Hope this helps.  
Kyliona
[Avatar]
According to some of the walkthroughs posted online if you click on the ship it's supposed to move you forward to where the rocks are. But when I do it I hear the sound of footsteps but nothing else happens.  
Cynthia46
[Avatar]
suzib1 wrote:suzib1- how do I get the computer to accept the password!!!
use your own keyboard  
Cynthia46
[Avatar]
nrsbay wrote:kyliona thank you for your help with piano, however my screwdriver that i have in invintory will not work on the side panel

When you are holding the screwdriver see that your cursor is over the screw not the screwdriver end.  
LadyEarthquake
[Avatar]
Kyliona wrote:According to some of the walkthroughs posted online if you click on the ship it's supposed to move you forward to where the rocks are. But when I do it I hear the sound of footsteps but nothing else happens.

Yeah, the same thing happens for me. I know where the rocks are, but the game won't move to that spot. I've gone back over every place in the game to see if there's something I've missed, but nothing. If anyone has played the bonus game, please tell us how to advance..!!  
Cynthia46
[Avatar]
My bird keeps quoting 5, 45, 20. What does this mean?
Never mind I figured it out, it's the code to the chest at cooter's  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Wed, 18 May 2011 19:26

Cynthia46
[Avatar]
Kyliona wrote:
jas18954 wrote:which code do i used for the password on the computer c73B03 or c55ED2

the first time i played it posted as c55ED2. Since so many are having problem it may be that the code changes. So use whichever code you find in the upstairs hall way behind the pic of the boy and dog next to the room where Mary Lee is at.

I found my password behind the picture with the kid and the dog upstairs  
Cynthia46
[Avatar]
jas18954 wrote:Can anyone help i am at the first cannon i put in xxxvi and one button went down how do i get the other ones plz help ty in advance

You have to get your codes from your own map because they are different. I found it to be easier if you go to the cannon lock and then pull up the map and use the pieces of the map along the edge that corrosponds to the symbol on that cannon , those codes will unlock the cannon then just click on the cannon and a door will open. Do the same with each one.  
Cynthia46
[Avatar]
OK, I found the one crown insigna in the fountain but did not see the others can someone tell me where the others are? Thanks  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Wed, 18 May 2011 19:25

bearspaw
[Avatar]
Hello Kyliona; I read your clues on the cannons and I have tried to get the roman numeral numbers from the map but I dont know how to open the map segments. The map is complete.
Thanks  
deloice
[Avatar]
ok after the pirate ghost comes out and drowns the family,it sayys down at the bottom to try to get onto the closest ship. the hint says to throw rocks at it and something will fall down. i found an icepick but i can't find any rocks and don't know where to use the icepick. can anyone tell me?  
jenni1972
[Avatar]
leeuwie wrote:please help i cant prevent the parrot escapes all the time and need it to scare off the snake. any suggestions ?

Go to the second floor of the mansion and go out to the balcony and use the honey jar (if you have found it) and use it on the bees that are by the bird cage that way you can get the cage and put the parrot in that  
Kyliona
[Avatar]
bearspaw wrote:Hello Kyliona; I read your clues on the cannons and I have tried to get the roman numeral numbers from the map but I dont know how to open the map segments. The map is complete.
Thanks

1st step: open map.

You should have 18 squares surround the map (top and both sides)

2nd step: look at each square one at a time.

Each square is an individual picture of a location on the map and they won't get any bigger. sorry it's part of the challenge.

3rd step: Find the squares picture piece on the map.

Unfortunately all the picture squares for everyone are different. All you can do is look at each square and find it's match on the map. Keep in mind that a lot of the squares are just a fragments of the bigger picture.

Good luck and happy hunting.  
Kyliona
[Avatar]
deloice wrote:ok after the pirate ghost comes out and drowns the family,it sayys down at the bottom to try to get onto the closest ship. the hint says to throw rocks at it and something will fall down. i found an icepick but i can't find any rocks and don't know where to use the icepick. can anyone tell me?

I'm right there with you. I found two hidden object puzzles and got the ice pick and a can opener. I got so frustrated I wrote to iwin support so far no answer.  
Kyliona
[Avatar]
The first time I played I got stuck on the cannons and thought I'd missed something so I started over. Then second time around I was able to complete it to the credits. But noticed posts about hidden insignia and figured maybe that's why i can't continue on to the extended ending. So I've tried a 3rd time this time cheating using a walk through looking for the hidden insignia. They aren't in this version. So maybe that is why the extended ending isn't working. I don't know. Wrote to iwin support and waiting on them to answer.  
PeggyEMI
[Avatar]
Kyliona wrote:The first time I played I got stuck on the cannons and thought I'd missed something so I started over. Then second time around I was able to complete it to the credits. But noticed posts about hidden insignia and figured maybe that's why i can't continue on to the extended ending. So I've tried a 3rd time this time cheating using a walk through looking for the hidden insignia. They aren't in this version. So maybe that is why the extended ending isn't working. I don't know. Wrote to iwin support and waiting on them to answer.

Hi Kyliona. The game developer did put out two editions of this game. One is the collector's edition. Typically, the collector's edition of a game has additional content, an extended ending, or a prologue and costs more than the standard edition. The standard edition does not have the additional content or extended ending. and ususally costs around $6.99. The version available here on iWin is the standard edition so you will not be able to access the bonus content that is referred to in the walkthrough that you viewed. I hope this helps clarify any confusion.

Peggy, volunteer Moderator

spivery6
[Avatar]
pmerideth1 wrote:Shortly after moving into a creepy mansion in Louisiana, Sara Lawson is struck with tragedy when her husband mysteriously disappears. Sara’s daughter, Magnolia, believes her father was kidnapped by the ghost of a vengeful pirate seeking to protect his lost fortune. With the locals terrified of the pirate’s curse, you are the family’s last hope. Only a Master Detective with incredible Hidden Object skills can locate Marcus Lawson in Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull!

Category: Hidden Object, Adventure
Release Date: 5/8/2011
I need help. I got the key out of the shed but it is telling me to get the key from the shed and a picture frame has info for me. help  
spivery6
[Avatar]
Peggy can you help me?  
LadyEarthquake
[Avatar]
PeggyEMI wrote:
Kyliona wrote:The first time I played I got stuck on the cannons and thought I'd missed something so I started over. Then second time around I was able to complete it to the credits. But noticed posts about hidden insignia and figured maybe that's why i can't continue on to the extended ending. So I've tried a 3rd time this time cheating using a walk through looking for the hidden insignia. They aren't in this version. So maybe that is why the extended ending isn't working. I don't know. Wrote to iwin support and waiting on them to answer.

Hi Kyliona. The game developer did put out two editions of this game. One is the collector's edition. Typically, the collector's edition of a game has additional content, an extended ending, or a prologue and costs more than the standard edition. The standard edition does not have the additional content or extended ending. and ususally costs around $6.99. The version available here on iWin is the standard edition so you will not be able to access the bonus content that is referred to in the walkthrough that you viewed. I hope this helps clarify any confusion.

Peggy, volunteer Moderator

Well heck....that's a letdown. They shouldn't have just let the game end at the end of the credits. I guess I don't have to spend any more time trying to get aboard the ship....just need to spend more money if I want to....haha..!! Thanks Peggy. It's always good to know these things.
Sharon

grnii13@ff
[Avatar]
what tool do you use to open the coffin in the secret tunnel?  
sheila1938
[Avatar]
how do i get into the study?  
spivery6
[Avatar]
How do I get out of the bathroom with the plunger?  
cattig
[Avatar]
Help, I'm stuck. How do l listen in on Mrs. Lawson,s conversation? I put tto the glass to thedoor but nothing happens.  
bwkrph
[Avatar]
so where is the fourth key for the cemetery i must have missed one  
grnii13@ff
[Avatar]
cattig wrote:Help, I'm stuck. How do l listen in on Mrs. Lawson,s conversation? I put tto the glass to thedoor but nothing happens.

You have to move the glass around on the door to "tune it in".  
grnii13@ff
[Avatar]
spivery6 wrote:How do I get out of the bathroom with the plunger?

You need to call Lamont for the secret sequence. Get his phone number in the office. Use one of the coins from the coin purse and use the pay phone.  
spivery6
[Avatar]
I can't get pass the phone call and I have used the glass. I read the message but nothing happen. No clue to what is next. Not sure how I open one of the cannon but I did and got 4 skulls. What do I do now?  

Forum Index » Game Discussions
Go to:   

Sign up now for iWin's weekly newsletter and special promotions and receive a FREE game!

Submit

Thank You!

An email was sent to the address you provided. To redeem your free game, please follow the instructions provided in that email and start playing!

Enjoy!

The iWin Team

We protect your privacy. Review our privacy policy.

is Our games are guaranteed safe and free of viruses and malicious software. We have rigorous internal testing and we are members of the McAfee SECURE program, which ensures that our games are tested externally daily and approved. iWin.com is also Verisign Secured certified and an accredited business by the Better Business Bureau (BBB).

Click logos below for more information.