NASCAR FANS: iWin Forums

Welcome back  !

Make life simple!

Connect your Facebook account and enjoy all of iWin's games and benefits!

Connect with Facebook No, thank you
iWin Forums, the place to meet, ask, and chat.

[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Forums Home 

NASCAR FANS
Forum Index » Chatter Central
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
Is this the one where they drink a glass of milk? Or is that just the Indy 500?  
Susweka
[Avatar]
Griddlebone wrote:Is this the one where they drink a glass of milk? Or is that just the Indy 500?

good question~~I think it's only th formula Indy drivers that still have a glass bollte of milk so nostalgic ~~but th Indy drivers don't all line up & kiss th bricks like th NASCAR winning driver & crew do. An odd homage but they are thrilled to be able to do it  
Susweka
[Avatar]
CONGRATULATIONS JIMMY JOHNSON tied th record today with his hero, Ricky Mears & Jeff Gordon by winning the INDY 400 for a 4th time.

Tony Stewart finished an acceptable 10th considering that he says the car was lousy when it came offa th trailer~~He won @ Eldora, tho

Jr Earnhardt took over 1st place in the points race to the Chase with a 4th place finish today way to go Junebug

& did you see what will be the cover of Sports Illustrated, or Parents, either/both That adorable little girl of JJ's not only didn't wanna kiss those nasty ol' bricks but looked @ both her parents as tho they had lost their minds Talk about ur Kodak moment

No matter what you may think of grown men driving very expensive cars around in circles ya gotta admire the fact that NASCAR is a very family oriented sport.
Not likely to see riots @ a race or in a town when their driver wins, fights in the stands are super rare.

Which brings another subject up for comment~~A.J. Allmendinger I think my hubby stated it pretyy eloquently when he said "Dinger, you're a hero, an icon to thousands of young people with ur whole career ahead of you & ya can't keep away from weed? What a moron."  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sun, 29 Jul 2012 15:45

Griddlebone
[Avatar]
The daughter eventually kissed the bricks too, but the pic just shows her and daddy, no crowds, so I think it was a quiet moment later on.

Allmendinger has said the positive test was for a stimulant - NASCAR ain't talkin' on that particular. His people are going to test everything in sight in his coach to see if they can figure out what triggered the positive. Of course, he could be lying through his teeth, but he seems like an okay guy. I'm betting he took something for working out and didn't know it had ephedrine or something in it. NASCAR's gotta do what it's gotta do, of course.  
Susweka
[Avatar]
Griddlebone wrote:The daughter eventually kissed the bricks too, but the pic just shows her and daddy, no crowds, so I think it was a quiet moment later on.

Allmendinger has said the positive test was for a stimulant - NASCAR ain't talkin' on that particular. His people are going to test everything in sight in his coach to see if they can figure out what triggered the positive. Of course, he could be lying through his teeth, but he seems like an okay guy. I'm betting he took something for working out and didn't know it had ephedrine or something in it. NASCAR's gotta do what it's gotta do, of course.

Tnx Grid~I hadn't heard what th actual test was~kept missing it & too lazy to go to NASCAR website, i guess Yes, NASCAR's gotta follow it's own rules straight down th line~just hope AJ doesn't follow in Jeremy Mayfield's footsteps. THAT decent driver lost everything, turned to crime & was terrible @ it (duh... ) & lost the rest of what he coulda had.....

Cool about JJ & the baby  
Susweka
[Avatar]
ATTN: All drivers with Hendrick MotorSports engines~~bend over & kiss your Chase chances goodbye~~

Did you see that?? I don't remember who all lost engines there in Michigan yesterday but I know the 2 most important ones~my boy Tony & Mr 5x himself! With 5 laps to go & th win in his pocket, no less. Not only did he lose the race but dropped out of 1st place in the Chase race too.

The media know better than to approach Smoke after something like that but even tho they followed Jimmy Johnson back to the hauler they only watched as he kept walking, helmet on, out of sight to "regain his composure" . I couldn't stay by th TV to see the interviews but I'll be watching Race Hub today @ 3 PDT.

Congrats to the Biff, btw, got th race AND 1st in the Chase race.

Sure would like to be a fly on the wall @ HMS today~~~~~  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mon, 20 Aug 2012 08:20

Griddlebone
[Avatar]
When you have the engines that push cars to the finish first so many times, and you keep on trying to maintain that edge, you're going to have a few missteps along the way.

I wonder if Michigan has gone from a bucket-list win for Jimmy (he hasn't won there) to a cursed track (this is at least the second time he's snatched defeat from the jaws of victory there).  
Susweka
[Avatar]
Well, Bristol was certainly a disappointment. A guy can't even challenge for the lead without being taken out....& I gotta tell ya, I'm starting to get a little tired of them wrecking Danica out all the time. Wassamatta boys???? Scared?????  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
Argh. I didn't even realize it was the weekend I've been working so hard. I like Bristol because it's sort of my home track - I grew up not far from there.  
Susweka
[Avatar]
Ok boyz & girlz it's the last race b4 the Chase Seems like a might short season now. 11 races to go & then it's over til February Let these people sleep in their own beds for a couple of months

Now, you all know that I'm Tony Stewart all the way. My 3rd floor is Smoke's floor with highlights & lowlights & even insights now & then. But this is getting serious I don't know why I'm so worried in last years Chase to the Cup he won 5 of 10 races That's a champion in anybody's book.

Kinda hard for a San Diego girl to have real faith in anything or anybody in sports. Padres are just plain losers & the Chargers are usually long odds in Vegas But I do have a Champion as my favorite NASCAR driver, for a few more weeks anyway. Hard to say who the next Champ is gonna be.............

Richmond is an important race for a lotta fellas tonight~~RAIN RAIN STAY AWAY~~don't need ya tonight & sure don't wanna have to race on a track that's 130* on Sunday, like it was for qualifying & practice. Not to mention that it would conflict with th 1st NFL Sunday game of the season. Split screen for some folk

I'm going in now to check out th pre-race stuff on TV~~~

Hey, die-hards, I also found NASCAR on Sirius Radio, channel 90.

GO SMOKE, & Jr, Should be a great, race with liberal chrome horn usage & lots of attitude  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sat, 8 Sep 2012 08:30

Griddlebone
[Avatar]
Well, the next champ is not going to be Carl. That must be doubly bitter given his not-so-much-a-loss last year.

DH is in Richmond - I was invited but that's a little far for me unless I can make a week or so of it. His buddy got comp tickets to both races but we're still on the hook for airfare, hotel, and car.

Go Smoke and Jr. indeed.

And just because it actually worked once this season: Blow an engine, Jimmy!  
finoa101shrek
[Avatar]
Susweka wrote:Well here we are w 1 race left b4 th Chase~if u don't know what i'm talking about feel free to leave th room

Basic questions here: But enough to get th conversation started

1~Who's your FAVORITE driver?

1 team 18 2 their all good drivers, it doesnt matter if you win or lose, their all winners
because they petisapated how ever you spell that word.
Susweka wrote:2~Who REALLY ticks you off?
3~Who do you think's gonna win th chase?

im hoping team 18, but like i said all the drivers are good, they all deserve to win.
Susweka wrote:Me?
1~Smoke aka Tony Stewart
2~Juan Pable Montoya
3~good question?? I think I'll answer that after Richmond next week
good luck, stay off the wall.  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sun, 14 Dec 2014 15:11

Susweka
[Avatar]
Poor Kyle Busch Glad he had all that counseling last year or he mighta had a fit. Coach Gibbs told him it was OK but KB's comeback let us know it wasn't OK w him.

Congrats Jeff Gordon~didn't think you were gonna make it, did you?? Kasey Kahne had a terrific showing & almost won it. 'Course so did Tony but it was an unusual race. Thought there'd be more bumping & shoving, even tho pre-race interviews indicated that there was an absolute consensus that If I take this guy out to get into the chase payback will be forthcoming so everybody played nice. Heck the weather was enough of an additional challinge.

So, to quote Griddlebone "now the fun begins" Best of luck to all of them This is a very good group of Chasers.

GO SMOKE  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sun, 14 Dec 2014 15:12

Griddlebone
[Avatar]
A little bit of me wants Jr. to win the Cup because I want the amusement factor of watching Jr. Nation experience collective Nirvana. I really like his Chase ad, which says in effect, "You think you know me but you don't." Everyone has an idea of who Jr. should be based on his last name. As any parent knows, that's a ridiculous assertion.

ABJ  

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Sun, 14 Dec 2014 15:13

Griddlebone
[Avatar]
Hey, Susweka, I was going to give you some Opals so you could buy fishing equipment for Tony's Bistro, but there are two problems. 1) There is no fishing equipment that I can find, and I couldn't even find a fish in food (I thought there was one, but mistaken?) and 2) I can't gift Opals to you. But something IS fishy in the Bistro these days! Perhaps you could make do with a Bass fiddle.

In other Smoke news, his hair is getting in on the act too, starting to be the color of smoke. Old Tony... is an AARP sponsorship far behind?  
Susweka
[Avatar]
Well, He "is a finely tuned athelete" who has th stand-up-ness to say, "yep, my fault. I turned down to soon. Sorry I ruined everyone's day" No excuses, just take it like a man

I was all ready to stand up & do th happy dance. That would hav kept Smoke in contention but he dropped back to 7th in th Chase after that outrageous finish.
We knew "The Big One" was coming, it always does but It's a shame it had to happen to my favorite driver. Took out 20 cars That IS a big one........  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sun, 7 Oct 2012 22:07

Susweka
[Avatar]
Jr's got a headache & is sitting out the next 2 races. My hubby is NOT th least bit sympathetic which is kinda weird since that's his guy along w a great deal of other NASCAR fans. Football players play w em all th time he says. Sure do, s/times w dire consequences, as evidenced by another junior, JUNIOR SEAU, beloved player on th San Diego Chargers. In case u don't know, he commited suicide about a yr ago but shot himself in chest so that his brain could be studied for concussion damage & it's effects. He, like many football players w concussions suffered w overwhelming bouts of depression.

But, I digress & I'm NOT opening the moral can of worms that goes w suicide, ok. Make that another post please

The MAJOR diff, as I see it, is that if a man driving over 150 MPH an hr alongside 42 other guys has a dizzy spell, for want of a better term, it could be pretty serious. Just look @ what happened last week @ Talledega w my man TONY & don't forget that Dale's dad was killed racing~we don't know his inner struggles w that & th racesuit he's expected to fill by adoring yet demanding fans. He's 11th in The Chase, mathematically out of it, no way to win the championship this year so why would he risk it? Another wreck so soon could be career ending, or worse........

Comments  

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sat, 13 Oct 2012 09:14

Griddlebone
[Avatar]
Couldn't agree with you more about Junior. I think he's one of the smartest drivers in NASCAR these days - he knows that winning is important but consistency is more so. So it doesn't surprise me that he's doing the right thing, as my husband put it. That's three of us that agree.

Bowyer could be winning all the Chase races if he would just listen to me. Prior to today, he had won two: Sonoma and Richmond. Do those sound familiar? Why yes, they are two races my husband attended this year. However, he was also at the CocaCola 300 at Charlotte earlier this year, and Mr. Bowyer was no match for Mr. Kahne in that one. However, our good friend J._ was at Sonoma and Richmond only - not Charlotte, not the one down south (Fontana?). So Bowyer would have had it in the bag if he'd just invited J._ to all the Chase races (and paid his airfare, hotel, etc). It just makes sense!

Of course, J._ wasn't at Charlotte today, which blows a little hole in my theory. But with Tony's chances looking slim I have no problems with Bowyer or Mr. Hamlin, and would prefer either of them over Mr. K or Mr. 5-Times.  
Susweka
[Avatar]
Griddlebone wrote:Couldn't agree with you more about Junior. I think he's one of the smartest drivers in NASCAR these days - he knows that winning is important but consistency is more so. So it doesn't surprise me that he's doing the right thing, as my husband put it. That's three of us that agree.

Bowyer could be winning all the Chase races if he would just listen to me. Prior to today, he had won two: Sonoma and Richmond. Do those sound familiar? Why yes, they are two races my husband attended this year. However, he was also at the CocaCola 300 at Charlotte earlier this year, and Mr. Bowyer was no match for Mr. Kahne in that one. However, our good friend J._ was at Sonoma and Richmond only - not Charlotte, not the one down south (Fontana?). So Bowyer would have had it in the bag if he'd just invited J._ to all the Chase races (and paid his airfare, hotel, etc). It just makes sense!

Of course, J._ wasn't at Charlotte today, which blows a little hole in my theory. But with Tony's chances looking slim I have no problems with Bowyer or Mr.
Hamlin, and would prefer either of them over Mr. K or Mr. 5-Times.

I don't mind Bowyer winning a bit as I also happen to like Mikie MWR is a smart outfit, even tho they drive Toyotas :wink know a guy who quit bein a NASCAR fan when they added Toyotas

Poor Mikie was doin pretty well @ Talledega til Tony made a sharp left turn in front of him probably Michael Waltrip's last big race.

Fixed your quote BBCode - iWinModTeam  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mon, 15 Oct 2012 00:06

Susweka
[Avatar]
oops~~~~~now I see how that adding to quotes happens~~~~makes it seem like you rattle on like me ;-D

Weird, I used to know how to do that

Anyway, that's about all I had to say for now

Now I remember what else I was gonna say~~A 17.5 PITSTOP Don't get that...especially after an 11.9 for 4 tires just th stop before. & natch, I didn't record this one as we were both watching so I can't go back & see who was napping but THAT'S what cost Smoke the race.......eeewww.......c'mon Boss, break out the whip, somebody needs a whuppin  

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sun, 14 Oct 2012 11:20

Susweka
[Avatar]
Well, here we are @ th end of th 2012 Season.

Didn't go so well for our boy TS but he did make th chase again, so kudos for that. He also hired Danica Patrick to drive for STEWART-HAAS Racing for th 2013 season...easy there KP, you STILL can't hav her ... & th cat's outta th bag for Happy Harvick to join SHR in 2014, a great move for all, especially since POP-POP (Grampa Richard Childress) is gonna hav both th DILLON boys over there by then & KH might hav trouble keepin his ride, I'm just sayin...nepotism is definately a bonus in this sport

Didn't turn out so well for TY DILLON last night either. Great racing led to his crashing 5 laps from the finish rookie blocking rookie didn't turn out so well, tho TY did get ROOKIE OF TH YEAR. & ended up 2nd in the Truck Series Championship. Silver spoon caught in his throat I guess.

Nationwide runs its final race today RICKY STENHOUSE leads ELLIOT SADLER by 20 points. Tomorrowth big boys run down @ Homestead-Miami. Smoke is out of it, ah well...always next year...& it has come down to BRAD KESLOWSKI , who also leads by 20 pts& JIMMIY 5x JOHNSON, winner to be decided tomorrow.

99 days to DAYTONA & we get to start it all over again

Obviously NASCAR & I don't think it's all gonna end 12-21-12

Results to be posted here later, updates during th off-season will be added.

NASCAR's like riding motorcycles if you don't get it no amount of explaining will help

DRIVERS, START YOUR ENGINES  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sat, 17 Nov 2012 10:32

Runt1988
[Avatar]
I'm a Junior Fan, Hate the Wild Child, time to speculate next yr.  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
Lots of Junior fans here! If they were racing 1-2, I'll cheer for Tony first, but if Tony's back then I like to see Jr. doing well.  
Susweka
[Avatar]
ATTENTION NASCAR FANS

It's almost time....lots of changes this year~drivers, crew chiefs, sponsers, &, oh yeah, the CARS

I think NASCAR may have put an end to tandem racing @ th Superspeedways~namely, Daytona & Talledaga~
Testing @ Charlotte got mostly positives from th drivers so that's a great thing~they hated th COTs. The Car of Tomorrow is now the Car of Yesterday & good ridance .

I'm really looking forward to this season. Picking Tony Stewart again, of course, but there's a whole pack of hungry racecar drivers out there so it should be an exciting schedule.

There are a few rivalries that warrant a glance as well. I'll betcha a nickel that Clint hasn't forgotten a thing about Jeffy

LET'S GO RACING BOYS & GIRLS  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Fri, 25 Jan 2013 19:08

Griddlebone
[Avatar]
I like the new cars. They look fast.

As usual, I'm in SHR's camp with Susweka, but I was impressed with Bowyer's performance last year. I'm also waiting to see whatever is going to happen the next time Jeff Gordon really really needs something. I suspect he'll find a car between him and whatever it is he needs.

Another one to watch is Matt Kenseth. I think JGR is a good match for him.  
Susweka
[Avatar]
Here it is, at last I also like the new cars, so do the drivers, so far, & THAT'S what's really important. I did hear, however, that it's basically the same underneath the bodies as the COTs, NASCAR's safety response to Dale's death @ Daytona. For the fans it's more recognizable & th folks who are into that type of thing will be buying one on Monday after the races. Good DEAL all the way around there NASCAR.

Loved the SPRINT UNLIMITED, fancy-schmancy eh?, last night. The big boys figured out pretty quickly how to push &, most importantly, when to let off. It's more of a slingshot effect now than the tandem racing. Too bad some of th fellows got taken out so early The 500 should be anything but boring.

Was Happy Harvick showing off for the new boss? Or showing the old one what they're losing? Either way, I'm glad he's joining SHR next year

BTW History was made today when DANICKA PATRICK qualified for the POLE in the 500 next week That girl's car was wicked fast in both practices, qualifying 1st in each session. Can she win it I doubt that she will, darn it, but who knows. . .I know I'll be watchin it  

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sun, 17 Feb 2013 18:04

53dakota
[Avatar]
JJ is going to be a herd one to beat this year.  
chloe4321
[Avatar]
My favortie #88 Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Least is Danica Patrick
I think Kensenth.  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
We had a good time at Sonoma this year. In the Saturday NASCAR Pro Series West Carneros 200 race the guy we cheer for ran out of gas with half a lap to go, and stalled right in front of the section where the guests of his sponsor sit. Ooops. It was hotter than heck that day, cooler and a little rainy (rare in June in NorCal) for the Cup race on Sunday. The crowd was divided on the subject of Patrick (cheers and boos) but the greatest cheer of the day was for JPM running out of go juice on the final lap. I don't like Montoya but I don't boo him.

We didn't even consider going to Charlotte (Coke 600) as it was a snooze-fest in 2012. Then this year it was a lot more interesting, but we weren't there.  
Susweka
[Avatar]
My but I've been remiss lately

By now everyone knows about Smoke breaking his leg while participating in an off-NASCAR race. He's caught a lot of flack for that & I'd like to add my 2 cents worth. I personally think that if th man loves racing sprint cars @ short tracks~& I understand why, as my 1st husband was also a sprint car driver waaaay back in th 60's~he should be able to pursue it. That, dear friends, is how the man relaxes. He says himself, that he races NASCAR so that he can be able to "afford" doing what he loves. The nay sayers are all about how he shouldn't do anything so "risky" in his off time, which is truly ironic considering the way they earn their millions. Some of th guys are skydivers off-season. Nobody squawks about that, except maybe their wives. I question the motives behind these folks. Are they concerned for his safety? Or do they miss having him on the track? I know I do Is it the sponsors who are having fits? That's understandable, but Tony , & ergo the sponsors, couldn't buy this kind of publicity. Is it a group of Rowdy's fans who think he should be able to do non-NASCAR racing too? To that I answer, win a Championship, Mr Busch, just 1, & then you can ask that again.

Tony Stewart is old school racing, like Earnhardt, the King, Richard Petty, & Smoke's hero, AJ Foyt., just to mention a few He's good, really good. & racing is his life~~~He's not like the new crop of racers, all family oriented & robotic about their comments & presence. I've got nothing against the young guns. It's fun watching them ascend the ranks. & think NASCAR's inclusion of family is wonderful. New fans & new drivers gotta come from somewhere.

As to this weekend @ Michigan he's tapped Austin Dillon on the shoulder to drive the #14 car for him. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall @ those meetings. 'Course it didn't hurt that Austin won the inaugural truck race @ Smoke's track, Eldora. I know I'm gonna be rooting for him, even tho I don't really like the kid. It gives a new angle to the game, for sure...

Oh, something else that has recently made racing news, is that we will be saying Adios to JPM @ the end of this season. No editorial concerning that, from me anyway, @ this time

BTW, Best get well wishes for a speedy recovery, there, Smoke. & the rest of you should come on over to my 3rd floor A BIT OF SMOKE BISTRO. It's rather amusing.  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Thu, 15 Aug 2013 11:36

Griddlebone
[Avatar]
Who says NASCAR doesn't have drama! LOL!!!!

Jeff becomes the 13th Chaser on Friday the 13th in 2013. Don't think that bodes well for him.

Blow an engine, Jimmy!

I always like to see Jr. do well but a DNF in the first race will be difficult to overcome. Normally I'd be sadder for Joey but I think it's better if none of the drivers involved in SpinGate, innocent or not, benefitting or not, win the Cup. Except for Ryan... of course.

I have no problems with Happy winning, or Carl, or Biff. I think it would be hilarious if Kahne won, but I think it's unlikely. I never know what to say about the Busch bros. One part of me says better Kurt than Kyle, especially as he is racing for SHR next year AND is a major Chicago Cubs fan - which is an endearing trait. Both of them have cleaned up their act recently which is a relief.

So I guess my choices are Ryan, then Happy, then Carl. Or maybe Ryan, Carl, then Happy. ABJ!  
Susweka
[Avatar]
Well, here we are w 3 Chase Races in th books~ Where did th season go?

Don't think you shoulda wished bad on 5x there Grid...it's comin' back to bite us.
It became 8x wins @ Dover, puttin JJ in th Hall for wins there. That's impressive, just like he is. Not sayin' I'm a Johnson fan, even tho we grew up about 10 mi apart (& about 25 yrs), but golly........

The Busch bros.....(dirge)...... .I'm glad Kurt's comin over to SHR; better a teammate. "...enemy closer" ? BOLD move by Haas. Smoke pretty much said you bought him, you support him, I'll go play w Happy. Kurt needs to do s/thing about his rants & tirades whilest driving though, don't you think? BTW, who's his Crew Chief gonna be?
Busch, The Younger, absolutely a great racer. Like him or not just look @ his record. Yes, I know a LOT of his wins are against Nationwide guys & that's a spinning coin of pros & cons, but they're in th Win column just th same. This guy, however, does NOT like being in 2nd place ANYthing, including sibling,but is he be a true Chase contender? 6 more races to find out the answer to that one.

Poor Ryan. I do like th guy & I hope he does really well in th #31 car. But, for the sake of SHR it was time for him to go. @ least he's got 2 of 3 good sponsors, th 3rd not onboard yet.

Oh yes, SPONSORS. Does th word NAPA mean anything to anybody? For 1 thing I think it means we won't be seeing Mikey shakin' his booty in a blue & gold jumpsuit anymore. I guess 5hr Energy thinks SpinGate fits their "bad boy" image better. Any word from Aaron's yet?????
Ya know why MWR got such a heavy hammer hit? #clumsy move. If for no other reason than it was SOOOOO blatantly obvious.

So, MY Cup choices? Tony Stewart, oh yeah right. I'd like to see Carl win. He was really close a couple of yrs ago. I'd like to see Kurt win. That would be really special for a single-car team to win a Championship. It could happen, & wouldn't it be great for SHR to bring over a Champ. Also, if Busch, th younger, is praying for th right things w his new-found faith, he could win. Gordon COULD win, or Biff, or that cute little Kasey Kahne. But crunching th numbers only gives 2 or 3 clear choices. Have to wait & see. Glad I"M not th bookie.........

Still 6 races to go. I hope they hurry up. Season really ended for me back in August & I'm super excited about SHR for 2014.

Drivers~fire those puppies up......Let's go racin' & find ourselves a Cup Champion for 2013  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Wed, 2 Oct 2013 07:41

53dakota
[Avatar]
I think the championship is jimmy's to loose. I just hope jr can make the top 5.  

Forum Index » Chatter Central
Go to: