dogs: iWin Forums

Welcome back  !

Make life simple!

Connect your Facebook account and enjoy all of iWin's games and benefits!

Connect with Facebook No, thank you
iWin Forums, the place to meet, ask, and chat.

[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Forums Home 

dogs
Forum Index » Chatter Central
nikkiblane
[Avatar]
hey what is your favorite kind of dogs?
i want to know your favorite because i just want to make some doggie lovers friends like me.
my favorite is all of them i love all the kinds of dogs!  
micky7830
[Avatar]
My favorite dog is the ShihTzu, probably because I have three of them, Mom, Dad and Baby....  
nikkiblane
[Avatar]
micky7830 wrote:My favorite dog is the ShihTzu, probably because I have three of them, Mom, Dad and Baby....

i bet there very cute micky  
ponycarmom
[Avatar]
that's a hard one to answer! i love almost all dog's,  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sat, 21 Aug 2010 08:57

goofyduck1
[Avatar]
THE BASSET HOUND!!! (and yes, I mean to shout! LOL).
And now Pony - let's talk about that mutts having better tempers thing. Hmmm, my basset was the most gentle, cuddly, friendly, lovable dog I could ever hope to have and she was a purebred. ) I admit sometimes there was a slight problem in a 85 pound dog wanting to sit in your lap constantly and hogging the covers and kicking you out of bed, and snatching food out of your hand if her mouth was within reach, running for the hills if you said a dirty word like "bath" or chasing a squirrel because she actually thought she could catch it and jumping all over me when I came home, ruining any white clothes I had with muddy paws, and eating all the m&m's, and downright sulky if I ran out of hot dogs, and wasn't happy with just one chew toy, and parking her behind on my feet so I couldn't get up and following me everywhere including the bathroom where she had to put her chin on my knee, and the shedding - well, let's not even go there, memorizing the trip to the vet's and deciding it was not a place she wanted to visit, practically needing to be drugged to get her nails clipped, going berzerk when she thought the vacuum cleaner was going to eat her, and and drooling every time I was eating because I didn't want to share and having to wipe up the puddles of slobber, and trying to jump on my lap and breaking the slide out drawer on my cd player, and knocking anything over that was within range of her tail. . . but I digress . . .

Of course, she was an exceptional dog, so I shouldn't base your comments on her alone LOL

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Sun, 30 Oct 2016 15:13

babseymaz
[Avatar]
My favorite dog is the Min-Pinscher or German Pinscher!! Of course, I own three of them!! They're the best!  
uhuru1701
[Avatar]
I love all dogs. They have very wise souls. I have had all kinds of dogs and they've all been precious and very loved members of the family. We've had smallish dogs like our chihuahua/terrier mutt and our German Shepherd/Great Dane mutt and let me tell you, the little dog was the boss of the big dog. If the big dog so much as touched her nose to the giant cushions I bought for them to lay on, the little dog would snap and bite at her. The big dog would give you everything she had but the little one was very selfish and would never share.  
loopylaura123
[Avatar]
Probably Pomeranian because i own one but i like all dogs!  
007ofnine
[Avatar]
Mmmmm, if I couldn't have a cat and had to have a dog, I'd get a Yorkie - Yorkshire Terrier. They're nice and small and silky smooth like a cat.

pandie1
[Avatar]
I love all dogs, but have a calm (?) Jack Russell.

He was really soooooooooo cute opening his Christmas presents! He got so excited!  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sat, 26 Dec 2009 15:10

mariuka4
[Avatar]
I LOVE BOXERS  
jamison1231
[Avatar]
Chihuahuas<3  
austygirl2
[Avatar]
MIXED BREED HUSKEY AND BLACK LAB

honk1
[Avatar]
I have owned since since I was 8s old. yes, they were my dogs, I fed them, watered them and walked and they slept with me. I have had seversl terrier mixes which I think turnas out to be a gentleand intelligent mix. I am partial to boxers (showed them), I am partial to Welsh Corgiess, they herd you everywhere, I am partial to timber wolves (owned a Black McKinleyville Timber Wolve) very loyal, protective and alerts when some enters property man or beast.
I am partial to Airdales (Harry was his name - played with my ADDHD son and waited faithfully for him to come home from school and work and the local coyotes called him evry night to run with them.
I am also partial to Rottys. I have had two as ADA Service dogs helping me with my dissibilites, prescription. Stores dont know they dont know my name but they know my currents ones name - Max.  
Lillybooboo
[Avatar]
I wrote a little something under "Favorite Animals" before I saw this tread dedicated to DOGS. So for all you dog lovers, I hope you can relate and enjoy it.  
ShayeraHol
[Avatar]
I love Siberian huskies and Alaskan malamutes.
They are such special breeds to me.

I love all dogs! Large breeds are fun to cuddle with
on a cold winter evening!  
ggbettes
[Avatar]
I love all animals, dogs included.
Most of my family would have considered me a cat person, since I've only had cats over the last 15 years or so. Having said that, my vote goes to:

I love my TERRIER mix dog that I adopted just before Thanksgiving.
She is such a cutie...friends here agree with me, so this is not a biased statement by a doting parent.
She is the best pet and loving companion I could ask for. Isn't that what it's all about??  
mommy40ish
[Avatar]
I've always had mutts. My first dog was named "YOU KNOW." My father got a kick out of having his friends ask "What your dog's name?" And we would say You Know. Followed (of course!) by "No, I don't know. What's your dogs name?" lol Our family dog died a year and a half ago at age 15 and is missed very much. They become such a big part of the family. My daughter and her fiance have a beagle mix, a rescue dog that I call my granddoggy 'cause I am STILL waiting for some grandchildren! Her name is Daisy and we love to doggy-sit whenever needed. She is trained so well she brings you her leash when she needs to go outside. Hate cats.... LOVE DOGS!!!  
teddylovee
[Avatar]
i HAVE A YORKIE AND HE IS MY LITTLE PAL. He was very easy to train. I have had big dogs in the past and loved them all.  
ppineapple
[Avatar]
I own a golden retriever and her name is Mikayla. I am dedicating this to Mikayla, our family dog.  
Master_Gamer1
[Avatar]
its a 3 way tie between rotties, pitts, and dobermans, have always like the breeds that have a bad reputation. I feel it is all just the media trying to scare us, I know a lot of dogs bite people but we have to keep in mind the owners and breeding is a big part of it, My mother in law owns a rotty who is loving and doesn't have have a mean bone in his body.  
Coolfox123
[Avatar]
I lave all kinds of dogs, but I think I will have to say that my favorite is a Husky, then it would be a Saymond (sorry if it's mispelled)  
Coolfox123
[Avatar]
Master_Gamer1 wrote:its a 3 way tie between rotties, pitts, and dobermans, have always like the breeds that have a bad reputation. I feel it is all just the media trying to scare us, I know a lot of dogs bite people but we have to keep in mind the owners and breeding is a big part of it, My mother in law owns a rotty who is loving and doesn't have have a mean bone in his body.

Ya, I agree with you. It's how a pet is raised, not because of it's breed. Big and tough dogs can be the sweetest dogs in the world.  
cocohed
[Avatar]
what is your favorite kind of dogs?
i want to know your favorite because i just want to make some dog lovers like me.
my favorite is a english bulldog  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sun, 14 Feb 2010 19:20

granit1
[Avatar]
I have a 5 year old Yorkie that I live for. He eats with me, sleeps with me and guards. He's so viicious no one would ever dare to break in. His name is Rokki and it fits him perfectly. He hates cats and will chase them for a mile. Granit  
barbie0251
[Avatar]
I love all dogs! Well, I love all animals. But my friend used to have a husky, and she loved her dearly. The husky passed away last year. But my friend misses her so much. She was so loyal. But she has a Boxer now and he is cool. She is looking for another dog to be his friend. She has her name on a list in the local shelter. She wants to save a shelter dog. She wishes she could take them all home. She saw two Chow Chows who barked a lot but were really scared. She was afraid that they would be killed cause no one would want them. They seemed scary, but they were just scared. She wanted to take both of them but she couldn't. Me and my friend love dogs so much that if we ever got a lot of money, we would start a shelter of our own. A no kill shelter. I know this is a long message and few will read this. But we love animals so much!! We want to save them all!!  
dianacrane
[Avatar]
Beagles, I have six of them. One was purchased, the other five were rescues. Love them all so much but they all have issues!  
justhank
[Avatar]
i happen to love labradors check out my tribute to my old friend "Louie Was A Good Dog", one of my rooms.

but hold on one minute Nikkiblane, you started this thread. how can your favotrite be all of them? think about it.

but i know ........ dogs are great. all of them. which reminds me of an old spanish saying. i'll translate it ..............

un pero es un pero, hasta el dia en que estas en su llarda, cara a cara ..........
entonses es "Senior Pero"

A dog is a dog, until the day you are in his yard, face to face. then he is MR. DOG

............................... not justhank  
emcall
[Avatar]
I owned several different breeds over the many yrs I worked for veterinarians, but I would have to say my favorites are Rhodesian Ridgebacks, Norwegian Elkhounds, and Standard Poodles. I used to want an Airedale or Fox Terrier, but never got either. Now all we have is one cat.  
jewelicious
[Avatar]
I have to say that although they tend to have a wee bit of a bad rep. I really like Doberman Pinscers. They really aren't as menacing as some may think. With a Doberman Possesion is 9/10th. If they take to you, In there mind they own you, not the other way around. I remeber going to my brother's house where he had a doberman. I brought my boyfriend (at that time) over and my BF tried to sit on the love seat where I was sitting ....The dog literally gave a little growl and being the large dog that he was, sat his derriere right down beside me, leaving my BF to sit on another chair. I don't know what was funnier, the dog or my boyfriend's reaction, who (realising the law of the land) was forced to stay at least 3 feet away from me for the rest of the night.  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Tue, 16 Mar 2010 10:04

edwardbs
[Avatar]
my favourite has to be my black lab. She is a helaring dog for deaf people. She has changed my life. All the assistance dogs are wondreful but mine is extra special. She alerts me to sounds around the home, brings me the post, wakes me in the morning, alerts me to fire alarms, helps with the shopping, gets the washing out of the machine, picks things up, and tells me before I have a fit. She means that I can live alone safely. She loves going to the talks that we give to schools and various groups. She gets to meet people and give them a cuddle.  
ShayeraHol
[Avatar]
edwardbs wrote:my favourite has to be my black lab. She is a helaring dog for deaf people. She has changed my life. All the assistance dogs are wondreful but mine is extra special. She alerts me to sounds around the home, brings me the post, wakes me in the morning, alerts me to fire alarms, helps with the shopping, gets the washing out of the machine, picks things up, and tells me before I have a fit. She means that I can live alone safely. She loves going to the talks that we give to schools and various groups. She gets to meet people and give them a cuddle.

Your dog sounds really special! I'm so happy that you two were blessed with each other!

My Mom has a black lab/blue heeler mix. Labs are loyal, loving and intelligent. Her dog is commonly referred to
as my step-brother!  
sharrenm
[Avatar]
The love of my life is my little Yorkie. She is a lot of company. She loves to cuddle and follows me wherever I go in the house, she is an absolute joy to have. Tons of personality.  
dthieman
[Avatar]
[b]I love all dogs but my most favorite as an owner would

have to be the Lhasa Apso and dacshshund.

Lhasa's are very easy to train and become a prominent member of the family in no time at all..

Doxie's can be trained as long as you are consistent. Both breeds are family friendly but

they are also very protective of family which has to be watched. Di  
litebreeze
[Avatar]
mine of course is a rottweiler.i raise them.  
patchqueen
[Avatar]
The Doberman has undiying loyalty love and devotion. Personally I am on my 5th dobie. Turn around and ther they are ,at your side,always. The intelegance level is higher in larger dogs compared to the ankle biter breeds. My present Dobie is a retired service dog. At age 13 now. We have just moved to the hotel. And was quite concerned on rules about pets. Seems they are all welcome. However moving up the dog has been ripped from my side and is not in storeage, and no where to be found. Im starting to suspect a dog theft ring! Do I need more dogs? Or 1 dog per floor. One time dog? Fictious dogs, why the food? I feel vulnerable and unprotected? How about weapons then?  
shadow77749
[Avatar]
Siberian huskies and golden retrievers for me. Both are beautiful dogs in my opinion.  
Arabella71
[Avatar]
I LOVE BASSET HOUNDS THEY ARE THE BEST!!!!! My husband and I have 5 hounds right now, we just had to put our little man down, Cody on Tuesday, he was sick and I miss him so much. We also had a hound named Fred, our first hound, he passed away four years ago of cancer on Christmas Day, I miss him too! Cody and Fred are best friends and they are together now, howling and running around like crazy hound dogs. Sorry it's been very hard and to see that someone else loves bassett hounds is sooooooooooooo awesome. How did we end up with five? Well, Cody and our Galiano had a litter (oops :wink and we kept Browning, Brenna, Boomhauer, and Winchester. We needed to fill our house with lots of love and we have lots of love from our hounds. Thanks for reading. I would love to hear from anyone with dogs. I love them all!!!!  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sat, 29 May 2010 13:37

mooneyll
[Avatar]
i have a yorkie poo, a black lab, and a pitbull mix. all three are very loving dogs. the pitbull mix is a needy sweetheart and very gentle, she lets my two year old nephew drive cars all over her, lay on her, pull her tail. the yorkiepoo does this cutest little bull type dance and has to be near me at all times, the black lab is loveable and old!  
Ktamsor2
[Avatar]
Tea cup Chihuahuas, a tiny pocket full of love.  
creator1001
[Avatar]
i like dalmatininans

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sun, 6 Jun 2010 16:54

beerandpretzels
[Avatar]
golden retriever

i8dali4dinner
[Avatar]
my favorite typr of dog is a maltese! it is a 8 in max dog and is white. go to my room to see the picture of mine
!  
RedQueen2
[Avatar]
It is very hard for me to choose because i am a animal lover and dogs r number one in that but German Shepards for sure!!!!!!!!lol  
lias22
[Avatar]
all dogs!!  
ELLEE3
[Avatar]
All dogs, but Rottweilers are my favorite  
Teani1
[Avatar]
ALL BIG DOGS ARE THE BEST I HATE LITTLE DOGS THEY LOOK LIKE RATS TO ME AND MY DAD

When typing in the Forum, please do not use all capital letters. It is considered yelling and rude in the online world. I am sure you did not mean to yell at us. In the future, please use regular sentence structure with an initial capital letter and lowercase letters for your posts. Thank you, ••• MaryBeth ¤¤ Volunteer Moderator  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sun, 22 Aug 2010 00:54

mulleh
[Avatar]
I don't have any fav. dogs.. I love almost all kinds! (:  
fizzbizz
[Avatar]
nikkiblane wrote:hey what is your favorite kind of dogs?
i want to know your favorite because i just want to make some doggie lovers friends like me.
my favorite is all of them i love all the kinds of dogs!
I love all doggie!But Fizzy who is half jack russel and spaniel is my baby. !!!!  
greenwaytheresa
[Avatar]
I love the Austrailian shepard, I am bias because I show dogs. I own one dog and live with 4 others that I help train. Currently own the # 6 dog in the UKC, We go to dog shows all the time. I do rally and agility with my dog and do conformation with the others. They are very smart and love them alot  

Forum Index » Chatter Central
Go to: