Jewel Quest: The Sleepless Star (Standard Edition): iWin Forums

Welcome back  !

Make life simple!

Connect your Facebook account and enjoy all of iWin's games and benefits!

Connect with Facebook No, thank you
iWin Forums, the place to meet, ask, and chat.

[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Forums Home 

Jewel Quest: The Sleepless Star (Standard Edition)
Forum Index » Game Discussions
mellemel@ff
[Avatar]
Follow the travails of intrepid explorer, Percy Pack, in Jewel Quest: The Sleepless Star. On a quest for a jewel called the Sleepless Star, Pack discovers that the jewel has been stolen from a Native American village by an unscrupulous jewel collector!

Along with Percy and a beautiful Algonquin named Yellow Feather, travel to exotic locations on two continents and overcome dangers at every turn, in an effort to recover the jewel.

Solve over 200 jewel board puzzles, including never-before-seen obstacle puzzles! Progress through a beautifully illustrated and fully voice-acted story that includes collectible power-ups and quest options filled with your favorite classic Jewel Quest games.

Category: Match 3, Puzzle, Adventure
Release Date: 1/27/2011

Having Problems with this game? Please visit our Support Center  

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mon, 26 Nov 2012 19:33

Kenyacathy
[Avatar]
Is there a relaxed mode on this game?  
Jdcjmc
[Avatar]
How do you win?  
phatkhat1
[Avatar]
Yes, there is a relaxed mode - but it is a "powerup" totem. You will get it after failing a board three times. If you activate it, you will only get one star for the boards you play with it, though. I'm going to have to use it to get away from the wild dogs, though. those evasion boards are too tough.

I wish there were more information in the game. Even the "tutorials" don't tell you anything. You just have to play them until you have it figured out.

And there is a button for "special", and you earn specials for matching special pieces, but I can't figure out what they do. Can anyone tell me? I thought they'd be like the "hammer" or something to get rid of a pesky tile, but it isn't working on the evasion boards.  
joanietreb
[Avatar]
Hi fellow JQ'ers. I am looking for opinions on Standard Edition vs Collector's Edition. I would like to buy this game, but don't know which one to get. Thank you for your advice.  
Jdcjmc
[Avatar]
I would not buy it until they come out with a game guide or cheats. You get to a certain level and there is nothing to tell you how to win the game. It just stops.  
momaie
[Avatar]
Jdcjmc wrote:I would not buy it until they come out with a game guide or cheats. You get to a certain level and there is nothing to tell you how to win the game. It just stops.
There is a strategy guide under the Support Knowledge Base; you'll find all kinds of information about all things iWin which can help you. It's a good place to start when you run into technical issues or just want information about how something works...iWin does not offer cheats (I'm personally not a big fan of those...the point of playing a game is to actually play it, isn't it? ) Here is the link to the strategy guide - Do you have a game strategy guide for "Jewel Quest: The Sleepless Star?" Dee, volunteer moderator  

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mon, 7 Feb 2011 11:59

Jdcjmc
[Avatar]
The strategy guide explains how to play the game. It does not give the final objective or how to achieve. I am not a fan of cheats, either, but iWin was the one that suggested I look for them to discover how to win the game. So far, no luck. I quit playing it because it just keeps bringing up the same boards with the same results. A real waste of $ at this point.  
momaie
[Avatar]
Jdcjmc wrote:The strategy guide explains how to play the game. It does not give the final objective or how to achieve. I am not a fan of cheats, either, but iWin was the one that suggested I look for them to discover how to win the game. So far, no luck. I quit playing it because it just keeps bringing up the same boards with the same results. A real waste of $ at this point.

Well the objective is pretty straight-forward, complete all the boards (over 100 story boards and about 37 optional boards) and the challenge is to complete them while getting gold and earning the artifacts...The guide gives lots of hints as to what to try when you get stuck but the rest is up to you. It's not a game that can be finished in a few days and it is challenging. I bought the premium edition and got an extra level with 40 more boards as well as some premium boards on each of the 6 base levels and I sure think I got my money's worth, even without the extras from the premium game! Patience is the key to this game; being up to redoing a board over and over is also necessary...It took me weeks and weeks to complete everything at at least silver level and I still have a few artifacts I want to get my hands on plus a few boards I need gold on to really be done...That is what makes the JQ series games such a challenge and so addicting...at least for me!

What boards have you jammed up? If you tell us what boards, then maybe other players can give you some help with them...If you have completed all of the 6 levels and optional boards and collected the artifacts, then I guess you're done unless you want to increase your scores... What more were you expecting? Dee, volunteer moderator

Jdcjmc
[Avatar]
I have achieved gold on every board. I will check the artifacts thing. I am expecting it to come up and tell me the game is done and I have won.  
marge_hyde
[Avatar]
Jdcjmc wrote:I have achieved gold on every board. I will check the artifacts thing. I am expecting it to come up and tell me the game is done and I have won.
Hi I have a problem on level 11 as you enter the secret cave the partial board shows 2 jewels blinkin, it says to swap the 2 blinking jewels , I am stuck there, the dont swap  
Jdcjmc
[Avatar]
marge_hyde wrote:
Jdcjmc wrote:I have achieved gold on every board. I will check the artifacts thing. I am expecting it to come up and tell me the game is done and I have won.
Hi I have a problem on level 11 as you enter the secret cave the partial board shows 2 jewels blinkin, it says to swap the 2 blinking jewels , I am stuck there, the dont swap

Not sure what board this is. What area of the map is it on? What kind of board is it (classic, climbing, sleepless star, etc.)?  
djt1887
[Avatar]
How did you get into the Bonus Level? I have reached gold status on all 6 levels, including all the optional boards and have all the artifacts, but am now stuck. I had assumed the bonus level would just pop up. ANy help would be greatly appreacited!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Tue, 4 Oct 2011 14:42

momaie
[Avatar]
djt1887 wrote:How did you get into the Bonus Level? I have reached gold status on all 6 levels, including all the optional boards and have all the artifacts, but am now stuck. I had assumed the bonus level would just pop up. ANy help would be greatly appreacited!

The Bonus level and boards are ONLY available if you purchased the Premium Edition...If you did get that version, then the extra boards and additional level should just show up on the map. Dee, volunteer moderator

Supermom303
[Avatar]
Jdcjmc wrote:I would not buy it until they come out with a game guide or cheats. You get to a certain level and there is nothing to tell you how to win the game. It just stops.

Yes, I know exactly what you mean. I find it very frustrating when it gets so difficult that I must stop playing the game. Members here ware very helpful though.  
barbnor2
[Avatar]
I am stuck on Chapter 5 game 4. I have tried over and over. Are there any hints.  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
That's the one with 4 Enemy jewels at the bottom of a board, right?

1) You need to turn the tiles immediately above them gold.

2) If you can't do that before they move, you have to let them climb a little so you can move jewels into the spaces below them to make matches.

3) While you're doing that, keep an eye out for matches of Hero jewels. You'll need at least 4 and should try to keep a couple in the bank at all times.

4) Let the Enemy jewels climb high, but not to the top. If they start getting close, hit them with a special to knock them down and out of your way. If you've turned those tiles above their start point gold, you can forget about that one for a while as it climbs back up.

5) When you knock down an Enemy jewel, check to make sure the tiles near the top of the board and directly above it are gold. Right after knocking the Enemy down is a good time to clear those.

I got 5 gold stars using no power-up artifact, but you can play around with whatever artifacts you have and see what works best for you. If all else fails, use the Mountain Lion, get 'er done, then come back later when you have more artifacts to use.

Good luck!  
mouffy
[Avatar]
how do you use the bonus points to make a square gold?  
9GMA
[Avatar]
I Love this game. I have played it at least 10 times.(achiving all gold status) I have the premium addition. I just wish that at the end you would get a total score. I like to do better each time I play. I have no way of knowing if I have accomplished that goal. When is the next Jewel Quest match 3 game coming out??? I have played all jewel quest games and I think this is the BEST  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
The newest JQ was released on Oct 20... have fun! Also, there is a separate topic for the Premium edition of Sleepless Star, and a lot of people only look there for new questions or comments. Glad you're having a blast playing JQ, I do too.  
tololimi
[Avatar]
Hi,
I'm stuck in Sleepless Star Standard Edition Chapter 2, board 17(light fire). I match 3 fires into the right place and nothing happens. I tried over and over again. Is there a bug in the game?
Also i don't see scores only on the board I play but no total of all chapter and board already played. Can anymore help or advice? hanks  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
Board 17 is not the first Light Fire board, so you know how to light the fires. You need to get 3 fires lit and all the remaining tiles turned to gold. Use the CTRL key to make sure you're not missing a tile. I think the toughest ones on that board are the two drop squares in the lower left and right corner.

If all the tiles are gold and all the fires are lit and still nothing happens, I would file a ticket with support. Be sure to include a screen shot of the finished game where it's not proceeding!  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
alijan1978 wrote:i am stuck on jewel quest 5 chapter two optional board three. II cannot get gold status in it what is the answer.

That's a tough board to get gold. You have to fill in the lower left and right corner, get all the locks removed, and - to make gold - make a lot of match-5s to get time or triple points. If you don't have all the artifacts yet, you may want to clear this board as silver or even as a 1-star, then keep going in the game until you have more artifacts. I don't remember what I was using when I beat it for gold, but the turtle and the bird with the ruby in its beak are pretty good for high scores.

I couldn't beat it tonight in the time I had, but I got to 13998 without getting 5 stars, so it's either a 14,000 board or a 15,000 board. Good luck.  
BJA2012
[Avatar]
I am having trouble lignting the torch in chapter two, what do I have to do, as I can't even get past the tutorial?  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
BJA2012 wrote:I am having trouble lignting the torch in chapter two, what do I have to do, as I can't even get past the tutorial?

For Light Fire boards, you need to 1) light all the torches and 2) turn all the spaces to gold. In the screen shot below, the tile with the cursor pointing to it is a Fire Jewel, and it is positioned right above a Torch Space. All that remains to light the torch is to drag the Fire Jewel onto the Torch Space, or click first on the Fire Jewel, then on the Torch Space. After that, the torch will be lit, the other Fire Jewel will disappear, and all that remains is to clear the rest of the board.

• If there are multiple Torch Spaces, Fire Jewels will continue to fall until all Torch Spaces are lit.
  • You can drag a Fire Jewel onto a Torch Space that is already lit, if you need to get rid of the Fire Jewel.
  • Matching 3 Fire Jewels removes them from the board and turns the spaces below gold, if they are not gold already.
  • You can drag a Fire Jewel onto the Torch Space from above, below, or to the side.
  •  
    BJA2012
    [Avatar]
    Thanks so much for your help, I can carry on now, until I get stuck again at least!  
    Kayleen_Heden
    [Avatar]
    I need help in sleepless star. I cant figure out what im suppose to do to pass level four, star number 19 i turn all to gold and got 50 fuel dont know what else im suppose to do, any suggestions thanks kay  
    Griddlebone
    [Avatar]
    Kayleen_Heden wrote:I need help in sleepless star. I cant figure out what im suppose to do to pass level four, star number 19 i turn all to gold and got 50 fuel dont know what else im suppose to do, any suggestions thanks kay

I don't understand the reference to 50 fuel. Do you mean you got all 5 stars? As long as you get one star (which you can do with the Mountain Lion artifact) on each of the 19 boards, you should advance to Level 5. Could you explain in more detail what is or isn't happening?  
    2lou
    [Avatar]
    Is there a trick of how to get the monkeys in there cage in chapter 6, the bonus section.  
    Griddlebone
    [Avatar]
    2lou wrote:Is there a trick of how to get the monkeys in there cage in chapter 6, the bonus section.

I took a look at a couple of these boards and the ones I saw were a combination of boulders (blocked gems) and monkey cages. You need to clear out the blocked gems by making matches with them using the unblocked gems, and then you need to get the monkey adjacent to the cage so you can move him into it. To put a monkey in a cage, just drag him onto the cage from an adjacent square. He'll make the most adorable little scream when you do so.  
    Griddlebone
    [Avatar]
    deserttratt284 wrote:In Jewel Quest: The sleepless Star, how do I get out or win in Chapter 4, step 8, where the footprints are? I get all the squares cleared and still cannot win the step.

I copied this question over from a locked thread.

Ah, Disarm Trap boards. Not my favorite, but here's how to play them. In Ch 4, Board 8, there are two traps, one on the right bottom corner and the other on the left bottom corner. In the center bottom there is a special square with what looks like a stone with a footprint emblem on it. You move that stone to each of the traps to disarm them. Move the stone over to and then onto a trap.

However, the stone needs fuel to move. You obtain fuel by matching the yellowish green jewels that have a footprint on them during regular game play.  
    Boombeen
    [Avatar]
    How to I get to Board 17? After I finish Brd 16 all I get are the credits for the game.  
    Griddlebone
    [Avatar]
    Board 17? Which chapter? If you mean Chapter 6, it only has 16 boards. If you're asking how to get to Chapter 7, that's only available in the Premium Edition of the game.  
    yarmouthherring
    [Avatar]
    further to the messages above regarding the level 5 evasion board with 4 enemies. due to bad arthritis i can only play slowly so use the endless time totem< but this does not help me with the enemies' speed. it is physically not possible for me to complete this board. i have tried a dozen times with extreme pain the only result, i''ll be in trouble with the doc! is there a way i can skip the board and forfeit the points on it, but be allowed to continue the quest, i do want to follow pack and yellow feather's story! sorry for any typos its the arthritis again  
    Griddlebone
    [Avatar]
    yarmouthherring wrote:further to the messages above regarding the level 5 evasion board with 4 enemies. due to bad arthritis i can only play slowly so use the endless time totem< but this does not help me with the enemies' speed. it is physically not possible for me to complete this board. i have tried a dozen times with extreme pain the only result, i''ll be in trouble with the doc! is there a way i can skip the board and forfeit the points on it, but be allowed to continue the quest, i do want to follow pack and yellow feather's story! sorry for any typos its the arthritis again

That's a toughie. You can get unlimited time with the totem (I call that one the mudpuppy, I don't know what it's really called!) but that doesn't prevent the enemy stones from rising to the top and ending the game. The best I can advise is this: start with the gems at the top of the board. Match them, watching for opportunities to clear the "spikes" at the top, and opportunities to match the saving stones. If you can, build up a little stockpile of credits - I managed 2 or 3 while playing slowly, although I wouldn't say it is easy if you are forced to play slowly. But don't be afraid to let the enemy stones climb.

Once the enemy stones are part way up, you can fill in the areas below them as time permits. When they get about 3/4 of the way up, or if they're in your way, knock them down. It doesn't help to knock them down all at once. That just means they'll all be at the same height again later. Try to get them staggered out so you only have to deal with one threat at a time. Keep working the top to match the saving stones, and filling in below when an enemy stone has climbed out of the way.

Good luck. My other suggestion - because I do think this board could be a problem with severe arthritis - is to get a young'un to finish that board for you. The trouble may be keeping them from finishing the rest of the game for you!  
    Griddlebone
    [Avatar]
    Another option to try is either of the fish artifacts - they turn one or two random spaces gold every minute. I don't know what artifacts you have to use, but I tried this board with the fish and it worked pretty well. Again, start matching at the top and only knock the enemies down when they're over half way up.  
    yarmouthherring
    [Avatar]
    thx griddlebone, i have tried the mudpuppy and also the fish (i dont have the gold one though) and different approaches like you mention (clearing top/bottom tiles first and staggering the attack on the enemies) but in the end at least one of them sneaks in faster than i can get enough ammo to bash them down

what i really like is your suggestion of finding a young un to finish the board off, LOL, though the only ones i know are more glued to their facebook friends then games!

I was really hoping to find out there was an option to sacrifice the points for that board and carry on (as in the jewel board sections of jewel quest solitaire 3 ) . i'm just glad i didnt build up my collection of jq games all at once, now i know to check first before buying whether each game follows the sleepless star rules of no progress unless board completed or the jq solitaire rule which allows you to skip but lose the board. hope there are some of the latter type as i like trying new storylines! hope percy and yellow feather made it safely home...  

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Thu, 28 Feb 2013 18:25

Griddlebone
    [Avatar]
    Some but not all of the boards in Sapphire Dragon can be skipped. I'm planning on replaying that soon anyway, so if it's mainly the Enemy Jewel boards that are impossible, I'll keep a count of how many of those are required. That's a later game than Sleepless Star, and I think stuff like this shows that even though they're pretty quiet, the JQ developers DO listen to what people want. You might want to take a break and come back to Sleepless Star - one, it will give your joints a rest! and two, all of these boards are partially strategy and partially luck. You just need one good lucky streak with lots of knock-down jewels and good jewel matches to get past this board. Keep an eye out for a young'un, too!  
    yarmouthherring
    [Avatar]
    thx griddlebone, i'd love to hear what you find out about sapphire dragon boards when you replay it! it might be a good choice for me .

and any info(or where to find it) about any other jq games which allow skipping of timed out boards very very gratefully received (i did wonder whether the older jq solitaire would be as generous as jq sol 3!)

i just about managed the two-enemy boards in sleepless star (i also played the optional ones) by using the mud puppy and several attempts, but four... i'll look out for a young un though i think you're right that if they finish the board and like it they might want to finish the rest of the game too!

as the children of the it revolution get crinkly, no doubt games developers will increasingly need to cater for creaky joints !

thx again  
    BLAH2BLAH4
    [Avatar]
    RE: Jewel Quest: The Sleepless Star

I'm stuck on Chapter 5, Level 11. I have no idea what to do as it doesnt have any explanation. Help please!  
    Griddlebone
    [Avatar]
    BLAH2BLAH4 wrote:I'm stuck on Chapter 5, Level 11. I have no idea what to do as it doesnt have any explanation. Help please!

Okay, that's a Disarm Trap board. It starts with 4 common jewels and greenish jewels that have a footprint on them, which are called Fuel jewels. There is also one grayish jewel with a footprint on it, called the Swap jewel. Initially, you cannot move the Swap jewel. Finally, there are one or more Traps, which are spaces with an X on them. The Traps are disarmed by moving the Swap jewel into that space. When all the Traps are disarmed, the Swap jewel and any remaining Fuel jewels disappear from the board, and a new common jewel is added. You have to disarm all of the Traps and turn all squares to gold to win the board.

You need fuel to move the Swap jewel. Match three or more Fuel jewels to earn fuel - if you make a match of 4, you get 4 fuel, so don't shy away from higher order matches. If you have no fuel, either because it is the start of the board or you have used up all your accumulated fuel, the Swap jewel becomes unmovable until you make more Fuel jewel matches and have fuel again.

Tips: You can use the Swap jewel to block common jewels from falling into a column, which makes it a little easier to make difficult matches. In this particular board, the difficult spaces are the three lower spaces on either side that initially contain a Trap. It's tough to use the Swap jewel to block the spaces on both of them, because it goes away after you disarm the second trap.

You get a little help because when the Trap is disarmed that also turns that difficult space to gold.

If you have a lot of trouble with the difficult spaces, try the Speckled Trout or Golden Trout, which turn random spaces to gold once a minute, the American Mustang or Palomino, which give you 1 and 2 specials, respectively (you won't earn any more, though), or if you're good at making match-5s, the Plains Bison or Golden Bison, which turn random spaces gold whenever you make a match-5. For the last, get the Traps out of the way as soon as possible then make match-5s like crazy.

10,085 points is enough for a gold star, 9700 is not. I don't know the exact break point.  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Wed, 8 Oct 2014 22:58

Griddlebone
    [Avatar]
    FYI, the Disarm Trap tutorial board is Chapter 4, Board 7. A good place to practice the mechanics.  
    jfloyd1000
    [Avatar]
    i have played the entire game and reach gold on all levels and still cannot gain access to the extra 40 boards, so now what do u do.
    momaie wrote:
    Jdcjmc wrote:The strategy guide explains how to play the game. It does not give the final objective or how to achieve. I am not a fan of cheats, either, but iWin was the one that suggested I look for them to discover how to win the game. So far, no luck. I quit playing it because it just keeps bringing up the same boards with the same results. A real waste of $ at this point.

Well the objective is pretty straight-forward, complete all the boards (over 100 story boards and about 37 optional boards) and the challenge is to complete them while getting gold and earning the artifacts...The guide gives lots of hints as to what to try when you get stuck but the rest is up to you. It's not a game that can be finished in a few days and it is challenging. I bought the premium edition and got an extra level with 40 more boards as well as some premium boards on each of the 6 base levels and I sure think I got my money's worth, even without the extras from the premium game! Patience is the key to this game; being up to redoing a board over and over is also necessary...It took me weeks and weeks to complete everything at at least silver level and I still have a few artifacts I want to get my hands on plus a few boards I need gold on to really be done...That is what makes the JQ series games such a challenge and so addicting...at least for me!

What boards have you jammed up? If you tell us what boards, then maybe other players can give you some help with them...If you have completed all of the 6 levels and optional boards and collected the artifacts, then I guess you're done unless you want to increase your scores... What more were you expecting? Dee, volunteer moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Thu, 15 Sep 2016 01:16

jfloyd1000
    [Avatar]
    the extra levels show up with a lock on them stating (finish the story line level 6. this level is gold also including bonus boards and yes this is the premium edition, also know as the collectors editions also have all the artifacts that the game offered,  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Wed, 14 Sep 2016 23:16

Griddlebone
    [Avatar]
    I have three identities in my game. One has finished the game all the way through Chapter 7, another has finished Chapters 1 through 6 to gold and has done a couple of boards in Chapter 7, and the third is just starting out. Unfortunately, that means I can't try to replicate your experience - two of my games are into or finished with Chapter 7 and the last is weeks away, especially since I'm not playing this game right now. All I can say is that there wasn't any trick to getting the bonus boards. If you've checked everything you can either try filing a ticket with Support or starting over from scratch. Sorry I can't be helpful other than to say that this is not the behavior I saw in the game.  

Forum Index » Game Discussions
    Go to: