Private Messages - how do I forward or quote?: iWin Forums

Welcome back  !

Make life simple!

Connect your Facebook account and enjoy all of iWin's games and benefits!

Connect with Facebook No, thank you
iWin Forums, the place to meet, ask, and chat.

[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Forums Home 

Private Messages - how do I forward or quote?
Forum Index » Chatter Central
tucata@ffmc
[Avatar]
how do you forward private messages?  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Thu, 25 Aug 2011 08:46

DexGypMom
[Avatar]
tucata@ffmc wrote:
how do you forward private messages?

The software package for the Forum does not have the option for forwarding private messages. Communication is only two-way. I know....bummer!

••• MaryBeth, Volunteer Moderator

tucata@ffmc
[Avatar]
that's really strange
i had a private message forwarded to me  
momaie
[Avatar]
Since this question has been asked a few times lately of me in private, this may be a good time to bring the Forum topic back up.

The PM (private message) can not be forwarded like an email can; if you look at the PM screen, there is no option to forward, just to reply. You can quote someone's message though but just remember that messages quoted could be edited by whoever sends it on so... I have had a few instances where someone said they were forwarding a message from someone but upon checking, the original PMs did not say anything like that. You can not always trust that the information "forwarded" is actually what was said since it can be edited and quoted out of context. Unless you really know the person that "forwarded" the message, you can not always trust that the original content was not modified. In the instances I had, I knew the person whose original message was being "quoted" in real life so could verify the original text with them. Think of it as the telephone game where words can get distorted along the way...Change a word here and there and the whole content can have its meaning slanted.

This is a good time to remind everyone that you can not always believe what you hear (or rather read) on Hotel walls and Pms or even in the Forums. Users can be who they want to be the internet; cyberspace is often used to create fictional personalities (sometimes multiple personalities...) that can be who they want to be with a cloak of anonymity. Be careful sharing personal information with "friends" met online; you never really know if they are who they say they are...

Just saying...Dee, volunteer moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sat, 11 Feb 2017 21:32

Forum Index » Chatter Central
Go to: