White Rabbit: iWin Forums

Welcome back  !

Make life simple!

Connect your Facebook account and enjoy all of iWin's games and benefits!

Connect with Facebook No, thank you
iWin Forums, the place to meet, ask, and chat.

[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Forums Home 

White Rabbit
Forum Index » Chatter Central
aprilelcg
[Avatar]
This is a crazzzy question, but I wanted to name my rabbit after the white rabbit in " Alice in Wonderland" , but can't remember it..... he was so busy running around being late for his very important date - he may not of had one. Unfortunately his name is going to be Thum, by grandfather Dudley's last brother. I already have Dudley and Channing poor ole Thum never gets his name used LOL!!!!. So if anyone remembers Thum to be will be very grateful!  
Mmizzell
[Avatar]
Dinismurf wrote:BTW, as far as I know the bunny in Alice was just called 'the white rabbit', but maybe someone else knows better.

You are right Dini. He was named The White Rabbit.
"I'm late! I'm late! For a very important date! No time to say hello, goodbye! I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!"
My son has decided this is his "vewy favoritist mooovie"  
Paradoxis
[Avatar]
For some bizarre reason I had it in my head that the White Rabbit's name was Jasper.

I have NO idea why.  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Fri, 26 Jun 2009 23:49

DexGypMom
[Avatar]

There was a children's book about a family of rabbits in a forest and one of the baby rabbits was named Jasper. Can't remember the title but read it with my niece & nephew when they were tots. Another big white rabbit is Harvey from the movie with Jimmy Stewart. Winnie the Pooh also called the rabbit, "rabbit". I don't remember all the names of the characters in "Watership Down", but I'm wondering if there was a Jasper in that book?

~MaryBeth

Dinismurf
[Avatar]
Are you a fan of Harvey' as well, Dex? That is one of my all-time favourites. Even THIBKING about the ending brings a lump to my throat. Not many films are that funny and also that sad - and of course the bunny theme is a bonus.  
DexGypMom
[Avatar]

Jimmy Stewart is a national treasure here. He morphed into all his characters so well. Elwood P. Dowd was one of my favorite and of course, the 6 foot tall white rabbit, Harvey. The movie, though delivered through humor, had a core message about being kind to your fellow man and that we are all a little nuts. Yes, Dini, I loved that movie and Philadelphia Story, Rear Window, Vertigo, Shenendoah....ah nostalgia, but not going to change this into a classic movie thread....

~MaryBeth

Paradoxis
[Avatar]
Ah, that explains it. Or it would if I'd ever read such a book. LOL! But thanks anyway MaryBeth!

I've since been pondering the issue, and came up with the idea that maybe I'd confused the name "Jasper" for "Casper", as in the Friendly Ghost, who is also white....

This is how The Paradoxis' mind works.  
Paradoxis
[Avatar]
Why can't this thread morph anyway? I mean, why don't we see just what's down this rabbit hole? Let the thread Evolve, I say! :p

*insane grin*  
Paradoxis
[Avatar]
Okay I'm going away now.  
Paradoxis
[Avatar]
And with respect to the topic.......  
DexGypMom
[Avatar]

One of my favorite Jefferson Airlplane hits, wish they wouldn't have changed their name. Grace Slick truly has an exceptional voice. I don't know anyone able to mimic her style. ~MaryBeth

Paradoxis
[Avatar]
Sixties music rocks, but I like the 80's music better.  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sun, 5 Jul 2009 17:57

goofyduck1
[Avatar]
Back to Dex's post about Watership Down. The characters I remember are Fiver, Hazel, Bigwig, Silver, Holly and Bluebell. I don't remember a "Jasper" in it. But I could be wrong.

And let's not forget my personal favorites - The Velveteen Rabbit by M. Williams and Duck Rabbit by A. Rosenthal, and Down the Rabbit Hole by P. Abrahams.
Then, of course, there are the Beatrix Potter books - Peter Rabbit and all the other books. And Brer Rabbit . . . Like I said Dex, aughh, I m getting fond of rabbits.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mon, 6 Jul 2009 00:10

DexGypMom
[Avatar]

Awww GoofyD --- You warm my heart. I read those books so long ago when a Double Day member, had forgotten the characters. Still trying to hunt down an in print copy of "Down the Rabbit Hole". It has been on my Amazon wish list for the longest. Thank you for the memories.

But I have a memory for you....my parents bought my sister and I a make believe juke box which played 45 records. We got a bunch of little kid songs and one I can almost repeat verbatim because we played it to death was called, "The Little White Duck". The lyrics start, "There was a little white duck sitting in the water, a little white duck doing what it outta,..... then jumped out on a lily pad a little green frog.....". I'm sitting here and singing it. This song, now that I recall it, was actually quite violent. A bunch of small creatures visit the little white duck in the pond and succeed to eat each other which leaves the little white duck alone again, in the water. You'd never hear such a thing today with all our political correctness and shielding our children about the true actions in nature where animals do eat each other. Have you ever heard this song in your childhood?

~MaryBeth

goofyduck1
[Avatar]
I can't remember that story but I'm missing brain cells LOL trying to remember things but you're right about the PC of things. Popeye got zapped for the same reason. Very sad. The only "song" I remember about ducks was: "Be kind to your fine-feathered friends - for a duck may be somebody's mother . . . ."

And I think Amazon has your book. You got me inspired by the rabbit stories I went to see if I could find The Velveteen Rabbit. And Down the Rabbit Hole was on the list when I looked for "childrens stories". I ordered the Velveteen Rabbit. I put in a link so you can look if you want.

Down the Rabbit Hole  

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mon, 6 Jul 2009 16:47

wildrose3
[Avatar]
Have you ladies read books by, Susan Wittig Albert?
She has a series based loosely on Beatrix Potter's life and her books.
They are great!  
Paradoxis
[Avatar]
My only bunny story from childhood that I remember is, "If you see a little bunny with his nose very runny, don't think it's funny cos it'snot."

I think Rock-A-Buy-Baby is kind of scary. But then, Grimms Fairy Tales are always horrific. But as a kid, I didn't even notice, you know? Kids are less innocent today, I think, because they are exposed to real life violence via TV and stuff more than I was as a kid. That's my theory anyway.

Para.  
Paradoxis
[Avatar]
Also, most kids of a certain age - especially boys - go through a stage where they just *love* gore. The more gory the story the better.

All the PC stuff has just gone to the extreme, as most things seem to before finally coming to a balance over time.  
uhuru1701
[Avatar]
Testing... testing...

sophidia
[Avatar]
In the netherlands we got all raised with the white bunny "Nijntje" by Dick Bruna.
This year 'Nijntje"excists 54 years.
The little books are translated in many languages Nijntje is called "Miffy" in english.
Herman van Veen wrote a childrens musical (1976)about a duck called Alfred J. Kwak.
It is also translated in english. But the song I like so much lost a lot of power. Alfred is so merry
I stll like the song "ik ben vandaag zo vrolijk, zo vrolijk was ik nooit"  
sophidia
[Avatar]
The word Vrolijk: means happy, merry, cheerful, lighthearted
As last name it is very common like Janssen/de Vries or Smit (Smith and Jones)  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sat, 5 Mar 2011 19:05

Dinismurf
[Avatar]
sophidia wrote:
The word Vrolijk: means happy, merry, cheerful, lighthearted

I guess it comes from the same route as the English word 'frolic'.  
carmie123
[Avatar]
Hi! Back to the bunny subject... has anyone ever heard of a poem (or maybe song) called "Little Bunny Foo Foo"? One of my great aunts used to sing it all the time and I only remember bits of it. The beginning went kind of like this..."Little bunny Foo Foo hoppin' through the forrest, scoopin' up the field mice and boppin' 'em on the head"... and then there was something about a fairie coming down. Does this sound familiar to anyone or was it something my crazy aunt made up herself? LOL It's been bugging me lately that I can't remember how it all went. Old Timer's has set in! (EEK!)

Thanks!!  
Mmizzell
[Avatar]

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Wed, 8 Jul 2009 20:41

carmie123
[Avatar]
Thank you SO much, Mmizzell!!!  
Mmizzell
[Avatar]
carmie123 wrote:Thank you SO much, Mmizzell!!!

your welcome  
harleysue
[Avatar]
carmie123 wrote:Hi! Back to the bunny subject... has anyone ever heard of a poem (or maybe song) called "Little Bunny Foo Foo"? One of my great aunts used to sing it all the time and I only remember bits of it. The beginning went kind of like this..."Little bunny Foo Foo hoppin' through the forrest, scoopin' up the field mice and boppin' 'em on the head"... and then there was something about a fairie coming down. Does this sound familiar to anyone or was it something my crazy aunt made up herself? LOL It's been bugging me lately that I can't remember how it all went. Old Timer's has set in! (EEK!)

Thanks!!

There is a little bunny foo foo song.... I have the t-shirt for it. Also have 8 pet rabbits so getting the white bunny was quite a treat. Oh and back to the Rabbit in Alice in wonderland ... he did have a name and i'm off to the internet to find out what it was....  
goofyduck1
[Avatar]
I have a pic of the white rabbit - hmmm, didn't see a name, either.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Tue, 14 Jul 2009 00:30

Justin12iwin
[Avatar]
nice video mmizzell  
musical63
[Avatar]
the little rabbit foo foo wasa sing we sang when my family went camping my mom love the song  
l4dyh4wk2
[Avatar]
We sang Little rabbit foo foo at camp too. Then when I had my kids I used to sing it with them. Someone in the neighborhood had bunnies in their back yard and the kids would get to go see the bunnies & feed them "if they were good". Little did I know that my older one would develop a life long love of bunnies. She had 3. We also watched Disneys Alice in Wonderland a few thousand times LOL I'm pretty sure the white rabbits name is "White Rabbit" Harvey with Jimmy Stewart was one of my favorite movies. But my all time favorite Rabbit story is actually a Native American legend called "How Rabbit and Owl were Created" I am including the link for anyone that is interested.
How Rabbit and Owl were Created  
silky23
[Avatar]
maybe I didn't read far enough but did anyone say "Thumper" fom Bambi or the rabbits from "Mrs Wiggs in the Cabbage Patch".Is that the one where a rabbitgets stuck on Mr.MacGregor's fence...Fluffy...etc & Cottontail?  

Forum Index » Chatter Central
Go to: