Mischief: iWin Forums

Welcome back  !

Make life simple!

Connect your Facebook account and enjoy all of iWin's games and benefits!

Connect with Facebook No, thank you
iWin Forums, the place to meet, ask, and chat.

[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Forums Home 

Mischief
Forum Index » Chatter Central
Dinismurf
[Avatar]
Our good friend Emcall is sick at home and needs distracting from her health issues. She said we need more mischief in the forum these days (which is certainly true), so here is my contribution.

What naughty exploits did you get up to when you were really old enough to know better, but too young to care about the consequences?

I had a high school cookery teacher who hated me and was always giving me the jobs no-one else wanted. One day, she knocked a tray of eggs over in the stock cupboard and sent me in to clean the mess up.

I took a big stack of laundered, ironed tea towels down from the shelf, used several of them to mop up the sticky broken eggs, then very carefully folded them up again to look pristine, put them back on the shelf and stacked all the clean ones on top, figuring that by the time our teacher had worked her way down the pile later that term, there would be a rancid green mess, studded with eggshells, waiting for her, and maybe next time she would clean up after herself.

I then sat back in my place with a butter-wouldn't-melt-in-my-mouth expression and never did get punished for my prank, as the teacher had no way to prove it was me.  
emcall
[Avatar]
Dini, Dini, Dini..... shame on you. But quite clever, I must admit.

The naughty things I did when I was old enough to know better? Well, let's just say I can't post them here.

I do, however remember a goofy mistake from when I was 5 or 6. I found a small bottle of brown paint in my backyard. It was the kind you use to paint model cars or airplanes. Have no clue as to how it got there, but I was determined to open it. And when the top finally came off, the brown paint got all over my new play-clothes, and my brand new "Baby Tears" doll. I had just gotten her the day before. Needless to say, in trying to clean up my mess, I only made matters worse. Mom knew something was up when she noticed I had changed clothes and was no longer playing with my new doll. But she didn't say anything until after my Dad got home. She let me sweat it out all afternoon. They didn't beat me, or yell at me. They figured it was punishment enough to be forced to wear messed up clothes and play with a splotchy doll. I hated those clothes and doll after that.  
joanietreb
[Avatar]

Waiting to hear from attorney's about statute of limitations on youthful misdeeds.  
emcall
[Avatar]
joanietreb wrote:
Waiting to hear from attorney's about statute of limitations on youthful misdeeds.

jtreb, you nut. I know you're as "young" as I, so any statute of limitations has long since past.
Unless, of course, it's murder...... there is no statute of limitations on murder.
Out with it. What dastardly deeds are lurking in your historical closet?  
joanietreb
[Avatar]
OK, so not murder...remember i was a victim of the axe.
Bless me Father, for i have sinned. One of the many hi-jinks of an only-child desperately seeking to "get away with it" versus a strict Mother.
We all hope to leave our mark on this world, and since there wasn't any wet cement around, i scratched initials in Mom's night stand table. Ever so cunning, i used the initials of L.B. for the girl next-door so i could finally say "Not me"
Now that you've opened the flood gates, i have so many more tales.
To be continued...  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Fri, 8 Apr 2011 06:22

momaie
[Avatar]
Oh I agree emcall! Dini you were such a mischievous student..I can well imagine that teacher's face when she got to those towels...

For the most part growing up, I was the quiet, little mouse surrounded by brothers (4 older ones then 2 right after me...) BUT I did get my younger brothers back for always messing up my doll house or getting my dolls clothes all dirty just to be little pests...As the 1st girl after so many boys, I could do no wrong in my dad's eyes...Daddy's little girl! I figured out pretty young that my brothers were always up for anything that sounded messy or tricky or just plain a no-go under my father's pretty strict rules...but I also figured ot that they were pretty gullible and easy to lead into trouble! I would set them all up with some idea and then let them go for it...and go inside and visit with Dad, the sweet innocent little daughter who could do no wrong.. I'd let "slip" a casual comment to Dad about whatever the boys were up which would send him off on their trail. Now you would think that once bitten, twice shy, they wouldn't fall for this gambit again BUT a little time would pass, I'd think of some new plan to get them into trouble and the game was on...and once again, they would claim the idea as their own and take the consequences...It took them a few years to realize they were being set up but it was sure fun while it lasted...

Mom was just too busy with all those children (11 in all...) to worry about a little mischief so as long as no one was bleeding and we kept the mischief in the yard and out of her way, she let us deal with it between us! She was on to my little scheme but I guess she figured as long as it wasn't something dangerous, better my ideas than some the boys could come up with...They really didn't think things through very well, regular little daredevils! Anyway, I kept this up until I hit my early teens and then lost interest in the game...Having younger sisters by then helped since we could join forces to keep the boys out of our stuff. To this day, my brothers still tease me about the trouble I got them into! Ah memories...  
notjusthank
[Avatar]
When i was about ten, my brother and i would torment our cousin, Gilly. he was about 19. he came to live with us and his english was not so great. and he was working a graveyard shift. He had to sleep during the day. and EVERYDAY brother and i would tiptoe quitely down the hallway, slowly open the door to his dark bedroom (all the curtains were drawn... so he could sleep!), one of us (we took turns) would flick on the lights! the other would yank his blankets off! then we would run for our lives. Poor Cousin Gilly would wake up, startled as hell and cursing in spanish and broken english. we would laugh our heads off, at a safe distance of course.
One day .... i was betrayed! all was going as usual, tiptoe down the hall trying not to laugh, open the door slowly, get a good grip on the blankets ....wait for the lights! Pull! and run .... that's when i saw my life flash before my eyes! i turned to run towards the door .... it was closing! and i could see my brother smiling an eveil smile as it closed. i felt like a doomed sailor in a submarine, and the hatch was closing. i don't know how ... but i managed to get out. ........

i never trusted my brother the same after that.
20 years later i apologized to cousin Gilly. for all the pranks we used to pull on him (but those are stories for another time). he forgave me. said it was just as much fun for him too.... in retrospect ... he said he especially enjoyed it when i'd get in trouble for coughing up my milk through my nose at the dinner table. My brother, all he had to do was make a face behind Gilly's back and i'd be choking on my milk. or getting pinched in church!.... Those were the days!  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
I was the youngest of three, and my eldest sibling was almost 10 years older than I, so it was pretty much my sister and I most of my growing up years. She really enjoyed her status as the older-by-18-months sister who got to do things I didn't get to do, and since there were no kids my age in the neighborhood I tried to hang out with her and her friends which didn't go over so well. My parents unwittingly encouraged her behavior. I always sat in the middle of the back seat "because you're the youngest" and I always got last choice "because you're the youngest" and sis got new clothes and toys and I got her hand-me-downs. Well, both of us also got homemade clothes, which mortified my sister.

One day when we were in our teens - I was probably about 14 - our mother left us alone for the afternoon and sis started bossing me around. Eventually her string of orders to do this for her or that led to "I'm thirsty. Get me a glass of water." I was pretty much sick of this treatment so I went to the kitchen, got down a tall glass, filled it with ice cubes, doused them liberally with peppermint extract and filled it with water.

BRACING! My sister choked and coughed and promised to tell on me, which she may have but I don't remember getting into trouble over it. In order to do it I had to be doing something for her (getting her a glass of water) and I think mother knew that would have not been voluntary, so sis may not have told.

Another thing she ordered me to do that day was make her bed. I short sheeted it. I don't remember her ever going to so much trouble again to order me around.

My sister's bedroom had a pocket door. Somehow I came across a magazine called "Exterminators Monthly" or something like that. Each month they featured a full color 8 x 11 photograph of a noxious insect. I took the cover off and taped it to the inside of her door. That got a scream that night.  
marykruger
[Avatar]
Hi All,

Chat away ! This is a great Idea. I do not have time at the moment but I'll Be back.

I went to Catholic schools & I believe all the Damnation. I was way to shy to move untill I got to a PUBLIC College--- the then the fun began..........!961 Fun,Fun.Fun...NO -T Bird ....A Yellow 5 5 Chevy.

To be continued.

Mary K. AKA Perky & SunnydayIwin

You Bad, bad girls & boy's.  
joanietreb
[Avatar]
Dinismurf wrote:Our good friend Emcall is sick at home and needs distracting from her health issues. She said we need more mischief in the forum these days (which is certainly true)

What naughty exploits did you get up to when you were really old enough to know better, but too young to care about the consequences?

Age has its priviledges too. We've been teasing Em's son on FB. I left him a message to give his mom a big hug from me. He replied "how did you know it is me, it is, but how did you know?" I told him ask his mom, he said "She won't tell me".
OK, i'm feeling a little naughty taking advantage of a sweet young Southern Gentleman, feel free to reprimand...  

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Tue, 18 Nov 2014 12:06

Dinismurf
[Avatar]
joanietreb wrote:OK, i'm feeling a little naughty taking advantage of a sweet young Southern Gentleman, feel free to reprimand...

Never mind the 9-year old thievery. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is intrigued to hear more about your 'naughty taking advantage of a sweet young Southern gentleman'. Just remember, some of our readers are prone to everything from hot flushes to heart attacks, so keep it RELATIVELY tame!  
emcall
[Avatar]
Dinismurf wrote:
joanietreb wrote:OK, i'm feeling a little naughty taking advantage of a sweet young Southern Gentleman, feel free to reprimand...

Never mind the 9-year old thievery. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is intrigued to hear more about your 'naughty taking advantage of a sweet young Southern gentleman'. Just remember, some of our readers are prone to everything from hot flushes to heart attacks, so keep it RELATIVELY tame!

Dini, she's talking about my sweet son, Zac., who is almost 19. She had him so confused that he didn't know what was going on. He forgot about it until I mentioned it to him. Then he asked me a thousand questions.

jtreb, you should be ashamed of yourself. He still hasn't figured out how you found his FB page.

One of the reasons he was so confused was because of what his College/Career Minister from church did to him on FB. He spends a LOT of time with their family, and gets on the computer over there, as well. One day Ricky(the minister) and Ricky's 10 yr old son hacked into Zac's FB page and wrote something pretending to be Zac. It was about having Justin Bieber Fever, and that everyone should stop hatin' on Bieber. and that I (meaning Zac) am his biggest, most loyal fan, and know every one of his songs, etc. etc. etc. Needless to say.... Zac can't stand Justin Bieber. He just about died when he found out they had done that. Everyone at church is razzing him about it now. It was too funny. And then to have jtreb messing around with him.... well, that was just too much for him.  
joanietreb
[Avatar]
Thanks for the info Em. Going to go to Zac's FB singing "Baby, baby".
Be prepared with a straight face beaming with innocence  
joanietreb
[Avatar]
Road trip - love it
Where is Audballl?  
joanietreb
[Avatar]
Yes please. I've got delicious Irish butter to share.  
JQS3
[Avatar]
notjusthank wrote:LADIES! LADIES! LADIES!
Why so blue?
Like the name says .... "STUD MUFFIN", what part of stud don't you understand? there's plenty enough to go around.

now em, i'm only 15 hours away ........ keep the oven warm.

and joannie, who says i'm not?

And Dini, you're my girl and you know it.

Let's not fight. you are all such good friends, i wouldn't want to come between you (now there's a thought!)
Muffin anyone?

A bakers dozen please, I'll share with the ladies of course ; )  
Susweka
[Avatar]
Ok~my turn. . .I think th worst thing that I did bit me in th booty right away
When I was a kid my mom had a TR-3 Triumph Sportscar ('57) a WONDERFUL model of car. I was 16 with my learner's permit for driving. One weekend my mom & dad went up to Los Angeles & left me home alone, the car padlocked in the garage This was a common thing for them to do, going away like that, as I was a good girl~stop laughing, I was . Except I had this friend who was a little younger than me &, obviously, a little wilder. I had taken drivers-ed & drove pretty well actually. I've never been quite sure who's idea it was but about noon, with her encouragement, I took the lock off th garage door by prying up the hardward that held it in place & off we went to her house in the next town. There still is a backroad between the 2 towns that has a sharp left turn (they have concrete posts now) &, being as in-experienced & full of myself as I was I took the turn WAY TOO FAST. The rear-end snapped around & WHAP/CRUNCH I had put a perfect post-shaped dent in the right rear over the tire. I also smacked my eyebrow on the mirror but that was the extent of our physical injuries & not enough for any sympathy.. . The man who lived across the street came out & while he was helping me get the car into his driveway explained that the cops came by there frequently. Sure enough we had no sooner gotten the car stopped & a cop went by. Whew~~~
So I went home to face the music. They were still gone so I wrote a letter explaining what I had done & waited. And waited. And waited.
Finally, about 8PM they got home& I handed them the letter. By that time I was a wreck with worry, especiallly since my dad was a spanker. But I didnt get a spanking it was a grown up crime. I, of course, lost my driving permit & was grounded for a month. But the worst thing of all~~~they had gone to LA to buy me a car. Needless to say, I didn't get it.
Just a little weekend mischief  
Dinismurf
[Avatar]
Susweka wrote:
So I went home to face the music. They were still gone so I wrote a letter explaining what I had done & waited. And waited. And waited.
Finally, about 8PM they got home& I handed them the letter. By that time I was a wreck with worry, especiallly since my dad was a spanker. But I didnt get a spanking it was a grown up crime. I, of course, lost my driving permit & was grounded for a month. But the worst thing of all~~~they had gone to LA to buy me a car. Needless to say, I didn't get it.

Sounds like the spanking would have been a lot less painful than missing out on the new car!

Good job you have grown up into a MUCH more responsible adult, eh?  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
Susweka, can you watch Ferris Bueller's Day Off without cringing?  
notjusthank
[Avatar]
Sorry buddy, that joke does not pass the "appropriate for all ages" test... Dee, volunteer moderator

Darn those Mods they are faster than i thought! you'll have to PM me for the punch line. Sorry Dee, i thought i had seperated it enough to make any sense ...to a kid  

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Fri, 22 Apr 2011 10:40

notjusthank
[Avatar]
how's this for mischief?

i came up with a way to write super secret messages on the forum.

if you want to know how, you will have to PM me and i will tell you. if you want to see how it works .......

check out the post right above this one. try highlighting the message and you will "see".

Now THIS is genious mischief!  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
Oldest trick in the book. It's really fun when you have a forum that alternates between a white background and a pale grey or blue background for every other message.

I don't know about anyone other than Joanie and me, but let me say that at least we two are having fun with your unofficial contest!  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Tue, 18 Nov 2014 12:04

joanietreb
[Avatar]
Color me gullible again  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Fri, 22 Apr 2011 13:52

notjusthank
[Avatar]
Ladies, thank you for playing and for letting me know that all "our " work is appreciated. Dinismurf and I spent alot of time trying to come up with something that would hold your attention and not be too easy or too hard. So, I thank you. and i'm sure Dinismurf does too, but i'm not going to make the mistake of speaking in her behalf. Besides she is more eloquent than i (did i spell that right?). I just had an idea! but i'll post it on the Game thread.  
joannchacon
[Avatar]
too funny i love all this site alot i was very small, 5 years old till about 8 years old i would hide in a coat closet right before my dad would come home from work. M -F at 5 pm. he would open the closet to hang his hat and coat. i would yell BOO BOO. it really worked!!! the first time, ok i did the same thing for years. poor dad still acted like i gave him a heart attack. poor dad, he played along  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Thu, 28 Apr 2011 20:18

notjusthank
[Avatar]
this is my third try at posting this

i thought this was the best story. i'm sure your father loved it every time you popped out of the closet. and i bet he would love it if you did it again (if that's possible). one of those private memories we share with our parents. i'm getting misty eyed.....  
Susweka
[Avatar]
abfab Joann what a wonderful memory~ ~ ~  

Forum Index » Chatter Central
Go to: