The Island: Castaway - Master Game Topic: iWin Forums

Welcome back  !

Make life simple!

Connect your Facebook account and enjoy all of iWin's games and benefits!

Connect with Facebook No, thank you
iWin Forums, the place to meet, ask, and chat.

[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Forums Home 

The Island: Castaway - Master Game Topic
Forum Index » Game Discussions
abalaba
[Avatar]
The Island:Castaway - where is the mulberry bush?  

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Wed, 13 Apr 2011 16:28

PeggyEMI
[Avatar]
Hi. I have played this game and I don't recall there being a mulburry bush. If you are at the point in the game where you have to make the cure for the sick castaway, I think you need edelweiss, which is located in one of the caves to the north of the Island where the Shaman Ugo lives. Hope this helps.

Peggy  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
If there was a mulberry bush, I'll bet you would need to run around it several zillion times. I'm having a blast with this game, although it's kind of easy. I think that's what I like about it, it's really relaxing.  
PeggyEMI
[Avatar]
Griddlebone wrote:If there was a mulberry bush, I'll bet you would need to run around it several zillion times. I'm having a blast with this game, although it's kind of easy. I think that's what I like about it, it's really relaxing.
I thought the same thing. There is nothing really difficult about the game, but I found it a little addictive. I would sit down on a Sunday between loads of laundry to play for 1/2 hour or so and find myself still sitting there one 1/2 hours later. It was the same way with me when I played Wandering Willows.  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
I'll put Wandering Willows on my list of games to check out then.

I mean, there are only so many Swap Mode JQ boards I can attempt without putting my fist through the monitor. I need some relaxation games!  
skip517
[Avatar]
This game is fun. I finished it and will watch for the sequel. I made a second character and only let him eat bananas. Also no upgrade on his carry-all. He found things as needed to fulfill quests. It got hard to find enough bananas. But I never missed the larger carry-all. At the end I made all the gold trophies. I had missed one the first time. I only got silver on exploring the island. Figured out what I missed the second time. I had to upgrade the carry-all to get the items trophy. All in all worth the money.  
wendyyuhas
[Avatar]
I loved this game but do not know what the next game is. does any one know the name of the next game??  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
I looked at the publisher's web site and it doesn't appear to be a released title yet - perhaps by the end of the year? That's based only on random guesses on random discussion boards. No real information at all. I think we can make some assumptions about setting from the last scene of The Island, but no title yet.

Sigh... I tried Wandering Willows and my computer doesn't like it. Looks like that's not going to be an option for me, but thanks for the recommendation!

Update 6/23/2011: Apparently "Coming Soon" is closer now than it was in May, based soley on something I read elsewhere. I don't have a crystal ball or any insider's scoop, but the rumor has it that the second part is being worked on. The publisher beta test things, and then it might be some time before it's released and contracts are worked out to have it here, but I'll be ready whenever it does get here.  

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Thu, 23 Jun 2011 21:47

Griddlebone
[Avatar]
The name of the next game apparently will be:

(drumroll)

The Island: Castaway 2.

Well, that's original! It still hasn't been released but was announced by the developer as "coming soon" so maybe that's a good sign that it's more than a rumor. What's really not clear is whether we'll find out what's in Tomano's gift box. It's still probably a pretty long wait until we see it on iWin for the same reasons I stated above.  
Supermom303
[Avatar]
Griddlebone wrote:The name of the next game apparently will be:

(drumroll)

The Island: Castaway 2.

Well, that's original! It still hasn't been released but was announced by the developer as "coming soon" so maybe that's a good sign that it's more than a rumor. What's really not clear is whether we'll find out what's in Tomano's gift box. It's still probably a pretty long wait until we see it on iWin for the same reasons I stated above.

That sounds great, I didn't even know a second one was in development. Any word on a possible release date?  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
No. It's in beta testing, it will be a while.  
band4
[Avatar]
I can not find the last statue. please some one help me . I love this game.  
Shurbert3
[Avatar]
Did you get one from each of the caves? I don't remember which cave it was but one of the statues is kind of hidden in the shadows. All I remember is that I found it kinda to the bottom right if that makes sense. Hope it helps... If not, try searching google for a "walkthrough" ... sometimes you can even find game help on you tube, believe it or not. Just type game title into the search box... good luck  
band4
[Avatar]
thank you so much for your help. i just need one more statue.  
Shurbert3
[Avatar]
You're welcome have fun Prsonally I can hardly wait til the second game comes out (whenever that will be)  
mrspockfan
[Avatar]
The Island Castaway 2 was just released on the Developer's website. Tried the demo and it's even better than the original. Looking forward to iWin getting it so I can play and get opals.  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
Thank you thank you for that update, Spockfan!  
Shurbert3
[Avatar]
I thought I had seen a forum post about The Island: Castaway 2 & now I can't find it. Did anyone else see it anywhere?

I sure hope iwin gets it soon I tried the demo from the Developer's website & it's AWESOME  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
I haven't seen anything, but that means nothing. The game IS awesome. They developer just optimized the code so it runs faster on slow machines. Since the code also must be customized with co-branding, etc., to be released here on iWin that probably takes a while.  
PeggyEMI
[Avatar]
Shurbert3 wrote:I thought I had seen a forum post about The Island: Castaway 2 & now I can't find it. Did anyone else see it anywhere?

I sure hope iwin gets it soon I tried the demo from the Developer's website & it's AWESOME

I haven't seen a forum thread posted about the game yet, but according to the iWin Calendar that came out last week of December of games being released to All Access, this game is scheduled to release on the site tomorrow.  
Shurbert3
[Avatar]
Thanks Griddlebone & PeggyEMI I don't understand a word of technical stuff, but it would be GREAT if it is on the site tomorrow  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
There's a trick to playing this game and I guess I should wait for the official master game topic for it...

*suspense!*

The Island: Castaway 2 <-- and the game topic is here now!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Thu, 15 Dec 2011 15:36

mymonte1
[Avatar]
i just started this game and i cant find the daughter  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
Keep doing other things. Talk to other characters in the game. You'll need to build a raft before you can find her, so talk to folks until someone tells you to build a raft. (You should probably gather some of the driftwood on the shore in the meantime - you might need it for the raft!)

In general, look to the left of the screen for little thumbnails of character's faces. If there's anything there, you need to go talk to that character. Also, at the bottom of the screen is a rotating list of tasks - right now it probably says something like "find Amy's daughter". If there are up and down arrows to the side of the task that's showing, it means you have more than one task. It will cycle automatically or you can manually cycle the list using the arrows.

Coconuts are great for energy and there's a lot of them on the little island between two of the southern land areas. Bananas are good too. Have fun!  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
petersen57 wrote:I played The Island: castway up to part 6 when does part 7 come up I like this game

By "Part 7", do you mean the "To be continued..." story line? That's a good question! The game developer has released two episodes, The Island:Castaway (TIC) and The Island:Castaway 2 (TIC2). TIC2 is not a sequel to TIC, it is a prequel. By the way, if you liked TIC you will probably like TIC2. I loved both of these games. Some people were disappointed that TIC2 did not continue with the TIC story line, but you learn some important things in TIC2 about the island and the origin of the box that shows up late in TIC. The game developer has announced that there will be a third installment to this series, but has given no details.  
blang219
[Avatar]
I've been going through all the caves and can't find the last statue. I collected a lot of them all along. It talks about secret places on the island. I wish there were some kind of hints for the statues. Any one have any suggestions? I'd hate to quit the game and not know the ending....HELP!!!
I found it!!! - I found a website that listed the location of the statues. I didn't go far enough in the swamp to find it. Funny way to end this but sets up Part 2  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Tue, 21 Aug 2012 21:34

Griddlebone
[Avatar]
blang219 wrote:Funny way to end this but sets up Part 2

Not really! We're hoping it sets up Part 3. Part 2 occurs before Part 1, so Part 2 sets up the history and background. You learn a little more about the box (I won't say which box as I don't want to spoil it for others). And you learn about some of the things you found in Part 1.

If you want to replay the game with a challenge, try living on bananas (only) until you can grow a pineapple, then switch to living on pineapples only. Or just stick with coconuts throughout the entire game, although there's one point early on where you are forced to eat a banana, I think. I could be wrong on that.  
trikermat97
[Avatar]
I am looking for the edelweiss plant. I am not sure where to find it. Can anyone help?  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
trikermat97 wrote:I am looking for the edelweiss plant. I am not sure where to find it. Can anyone help?

Have you gotten to the northern mountains? You get there by passing through a cave. If you are not there yet some other task needs to be completed. If you are there, then search the other caves you'll find there. It's in a water pool in a cave. Watch out for the snakes!  

Forum Index » Game Discussions
Go to: