How many pairs of shoes do you own?: iWin Forums

Welcome back  !

Make life simple!

Connect your Facebook account and enjoy all of iWin's games and benefits!

Connect with Facebook No, thank you
iWin Forums, the place to meet, ask, and chat.

[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Forums Home 

How many pairs of shoes do you own?
Forum Index » Chatter Central
bitemenow2010
[Avatar]
In answer to NJH's question in another thread, I own many pairs of shoes. I suspect I am not alone. Dinismurf was correct in saying that we need several different "types" of shoes, and we also like them in a variety colors to match different outfiits. This also brings up the subject of matching accessories and handbags. One can never have too many of those either. I think it all goes back to the "hunter/gatherer" days of mankind and womankind. I am still basically a "gatherer" at heart. Also, this is a want vs need situation. I probably only need 1 or 2 pair of shoes, but I find myself wanting more than that.lol  

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sat, 7 May 2011 20:57

ppineapple
[Avatar]
I own a few pairs of high heels, a couple of tennis shoes, and also a few beach sandals and flip-flops. My favorite pair I own is one of those purple flip-flops. Those flip-flops are really cute.  
notjusthank
[Avatar]
i must confess, i have one pair of dress shoes (but the double as "casual" ...black leather trainers), and my tan desert army boots.  
Dinismurf
[Avatar]
notjusthank wrote:i must confess, i have one pair of dress shoes (but the double as "casual" ...black leather trainers), and my tan desert army boots.

What about your sandals... and your slippers... and maybe a few more pairs you keep hidden away? Isn't lying about the level of your usage one of the early signs of addiction? Maybe all this interest in women's shoes is just to throw up a smokescreen for a craving for shoe shopping of your own!  
suan1
[Avatar]
oh gosh i have so many.I have purple flipflops,brown heels,cowgirls boots for riding,hiking/work boots,black sneakers,black converse,pink crocks,red crocks,andi always wear my sisters shoes.I also have pairs of slippers  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Tue, 10 May 2011 09:20

joanietreb
[Avatar]
Dinismurf wrote:
notjusthank wrote:i must confess, i have one pair of dress shoes (but the double as "casual" ...black leather trainers), and my tan desert army boots.

What about your sandals... and your slippers... and maybe a few more pairs you keep hidden away? Isn't lying about the level of your usage one of the early signs of addiction? Maybe all this interest in women's shoes is just to throw up a smokescreen for a craving for shoe shopping of your own!

Sorry for being a little off topic, but i just had the vision of NJH walking in stillitoes
I wear bunny slippers at home and crocs in the rain.  
notjusthank
[Avatar]
Joanie, joanie , joanie .................

pumps (CFM's) maybe? but never stilletoes! who was it that said, "Walk softly and carry a big stick"? ........... Well you get my drift.

more importantly was i walking to or away? and was i hot? who cares? at least i know your thinking about the muffin man!  
l4dyh4wk2
[Avatar]
I have sneakers, sandals, boots, flats & heels... one of each (all black) so to answer the question I have 5 pr of shoes.
Don't need more than something for each type of acticvity or weather condition. Most of the time I'm barefoot , only wear shoes when I have to

Same thing for purses... 1 shoulder bag for everyday, 1 clutch for dress up/special occassion, 1 fanny pak for sports/camping/ hiking etc (also all black)  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Tue, 10 May 2011 13:34

ShayeraHol
[Avatar]
I'm too lazy to count, but many. All cute, but bargains. xD  
3lyndy
[Avatar]
Ohhhh!

I moved from the UK to Spain recently - and brought 17 pairs of shoes with me. I plan to be here for quite some time, so brought shoes for all weathers & every occasion. I left the rest behind - for now lol - won't tell you how many purses/handbags. Too embarressed.
Lyn  
emcall
[Avatar]
Only 5, which is odd for a female in USA. What can I say, I'm just "financially challenged".

Two pair of flip-flops (one brown, and one black)
One pair of tennis shoes (basic white)
One pair of comfortable pumps(black)
One pair of house slippers (cheetah print)  
anntide12
[Avatar]
i own over 30 pairs of shoes. You name it I've got it, except crocs, they are just ugly. My shoes reflect my emotions. Sometimes sexy or adventurous or girl next door. I've got soccer mom, business woman, cowgirl. Shoes are how I express myself.  
emcall
[Avatar]
This thread brings back memories for me. My Mom also has a shoe obsession. When she became ill, and no longer went many places, she didn't have reason to buy very many. Then my son was born. She used his little feet for her shoe shopping "fix". From the time he wore his first pair of booties to the time he was six, she bought him many dozens of shoes. At two years of age the child had thirteen pairs of shoes just for that summer. He HAD to have a pair for every little outfit, after all. At 19 years old, she still buys them for him. His taste in "cool" shoes is expensive, though, so he doesn't get a dozen pair a season. Just three or four. Aren't Grandmothers awesome.  
3lyndy
[Avatar]
To ALL shoe fans out there!
I found this amazing site where you can design your own shoes! They are awesome. It's British & way too expensive for me, but the designing is great fun.
Have a look at: www.upperstreet.com
Lyndy  
3lyndy
[Avatar]
To emcall: wish I had a grandmother like that. Your son is one lucky guy LOL

To anntide12: Please check out that site, you'd love it!  
Martini_time
[Avatar]
Easily over 50 pair, but I do love a good bargain!  
ShayeraHol
[Avatar]
@Martini_time Yes, I'm sure you do. xD xD xD xD xD  
dianacrane
[Avatar]
I have 4-5 pairs of combat boots, dress uniform shoes (pumps and low quarters) sandals, dress shoes, one pair of "hooker shoes" because every woman needs at least one pair of those, too many to count...unfortunately my dog eats half of every pair I bring home!  
notjusthank
[Avatar]
Combat Boots! And Hooker Shoes! now you're talking!

Here in China everyone has a shoe rack next to the door so you can "Take off your shoes" and "Put on your Slippers" (It's a pain!) .....ANYWAY ...

As i was putting on my shoes, i looked at our shoe rack and noticed how great it was to see many different pairs of cute shoes sitting there with their straps dangling down. some cool high heels and some cool flats(is that right?), and some HOT pairs too!. As i tied my combat boots up, i thanked God for allowing me the pleasures of having a woman in my life. I know i made fun of how many shoes you ladies have, but in all honesty .... "WE" (real men) love you for it.

...................................................... Notjusthank (aka shoehorn)  
ShayeraHol
[Avatar]
dianacrane wrote:I have 4-5 pairs of combat boots, dress uniform shoes (pumps and low quarters) sandals, dress shoes, one pair of "hooker shoes" because every woman needs at least one pair of those, too many to count...unfortunately my dog eats half of every pair I bring home!

YOUR dog too?  
92marilou
[Avatar]
I love shoes, but cannot wear the ones I could wear when I was younger LOL

I looked at the site suggested by 3lyndy - no flats!! Will pass the info on to my daughters though, the shoes are gorgeous. Iwin take note!

I have loads of shoes, could not even count them, but now only wear flats, just try to get them as pretty as possible to hide my big feet LOL

Mari  
dthieman
[Avatar]
Well, now that I am retired, I don't have the wardrobe I once had. I have at least 15 pair
of different types of shoes.

When I was in the business world, I had at least 65 pairs of shoes, with handbags
to match and gloves and hats to match. Those were the days my friends.

Unfortunately they came to an end. lol  
cassy16
[Avatar]
um........11 only and no flats either plus i have incredibly long legs so i keep asking my shorter friend who never wers anything other then flats "hows the weather down there lol" plus me n my sis share shoes  
cassy16
[Avatar]
dianacrane wrote:I have 4-5 pairs of combat boots, dress uniform shoes (pumps and low quarters) sandals, dress shoes, one pair of "hooker shoes" because every woman needs at least one pair of those, too many to count...unfortunately my dog eats half of every pair I bring home!

if u ever find a way to get ur dog to stop doing that pls tell me how

Wend_
[Avatar]
I own one pair of 99p flip-flops and a pair of £5 trainers. I haven't worn the trainers for nearly 3 years though.  
notjusthank
[Avatar]
would that be in Swansi?
hi wend_ your dream home is a dead give away. how ya been? don't try to say it aint you ...... the moon told me so.

if my trainers weighed 5 pounds , i wouldn't wear them either!  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Thu, 1 Sep 2011 18:22

Wend_
[Avatar]
notjusthank wrote:would that be in Swansi?
hi wend_ your dream home is a dead give away. how ya been? don't try to say it aint you ...... the moon told me so.

if my trainers weighed 5 pounds , i wouldn't wear them either!

Ah, that old moon - she knows everything (including the differencve between £s and lbs)  
forthecity
[Avatar]
probably at least 8 pairs. looking to get dressier shoes for work now. leaving the sneaker phase.  
AutLovesGames
[Avatar]
Lots.. lol.. I have to say probably 8 to 10 pairs. My grandmother bought me tons!!  
George51
[Avatar]
2 pairs of sneakers and 2 pairs of sandles too  

Forum Index » Chatter Central
Go to: