Share your own poems here!: iWin Forums

Welcome back  !

Make life simple!

Connect your Facebook account and enjoy all of iWin's games and benefits!

Connect with Facebook No, thank you
iWin Forums, the place to meet, ask, and chat.

[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Forums Home 

Share your own poems here!
Forum Index » Chatter Central
ppineapple
[Avatar]
Hi iWin community, I was thinking of having a thread for just poems. You can share your poems, compliment on each others' poems, and best of all, read each poem in this section. You can even post poems you like from YouTube. (Remember, poems are anything from a short haiku to a long song. They don't have to rhyme! ) I have a typed haiku and freestyle poem I would love to share to everyone. Here it goes. *clears throat*

HAIKU
TITLE: Bird Meadows

The trees welcome you
The birds chirp around in glee
I am the unique

FREESTYLE POEM
TITLE: Garden of Bloom

Daffodils everywhere
Rose petals in the pond
Fresh cut rosemary fragrance in the air
Redwood trees grow above and beyond
Four-leafed clovers sprout in the spring
What in the world is this thing
It has five white petals, small, and thin as a stick
It's a jasmine flower waiting to be picked

Here's a great poem recited on YouTube I found pretty interesting.

debz67
[Avatar]
What a lovely poem makes me think of summer when all the flowers are in bloom & as the breeze blows you can smell the scent of all the flowers in the air beautifull i love summer & love nothink more than sitting in the garden amongst the beauty & seeing the little birds eating off the bird table & bathing in my fountain awwww thankyou for uplifting my day hugs xx  
ppineapple
[Avatar]
debz67 wrote:What a lovely poem makes me think of summer when all the flowers are in bloom & as the breeze blows you can smell the scent of all the flowers in the air beautifull i love summer & love nothink more than sitting in the garden amongst the beauty & seeing the little birds eating off the bird table & bathing in my fountain awwww thankyou for uplifting my day hugs xx

You're welcome. Does anyone else have poems that would like to share? Anyone?  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
You have the best threads, ppineapple. Let me see what I can come up with.  
notjusthank
[Avatar]
ok here is one i wrote a few months ago. and posted earlier on another thread.

I LOVE YOU

How can three words, each one syllable long,
hope to tell you of this feeling so strong?
I thought this verse was a better way,
But, I love you is all I’m trying to say.

Three little words, they are so small.
They say so much and thats not all.
Now i see how they show it too.
There is only LOVE between I and You.

Henry (uh huh!)

............................ not justhank

ShayeraHol
[Avatar]
Beautiful! I admire anyone who can write poetry. Its an art. Some of my favorite poems are "If" by Rudyard Kipling, and "Desiderata" by Max Ehrmann.  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Wed, 22 Jun 2011 09:04

notjusthank
[Avatar]
Thank you, Thank you.......

but anyone can do it, all you have to do is write down what you feel.  
ShayeraHol
[Avatar]
notjusthank wrote:Thank you, Thank you.......

but anyone can do it, all you have to do is write down what you feel.

I LOVE your poem, its wonderful. I can write chapters, stories, etc., but my poems always
end up cheesy. I'm not the best with rhyming and rhythm. My work is dark, abstract and just plain weird
to most. The content is graphic as well, not suitable for the board. Too many young ones here. I make
Marilyn Manson look like Mother Teresa.  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
Not all poems rhyme, although and while rhythm is important, it can take many different forms. Some of my writings are dark as well, although I tend not to be too graphic. Still, you've given me an idea for something else we could do here in Chatter. Anyway, on to one of mine:

White gloves
Conceal the wounds too harsh to view.
White roses
For one too soon to leave the world.
White heat
Sears hearts and minds in pain.
And we will carry on with love, the only choice we have,
But yet unknown to us.  
ShayeraHol
[Avatar]
That's beautiful, Griddlebone!

notjusthank
[Avatar]
I agree. well said.

Shayerahol, i'd like to read yours. please?

"Days of You"

A memory or an open door,
I swear it's like i've been here before.
then just as quickly i hear my name ...
I'm pulled back from that place,
as i lose the fading image of your face.
I shake my head, go back to work.
is it Dejavu,
or memories of days of you.  
emcall
[Avatar]
Ok, you guys are all pretty good. I posted one of mine once before, and didn't get much response. My stuff is kinda dark, too. I tend to be more prolific when I am going through a struggle, or in a dark place emotionally. It always helps to put it on paper and sort it out. For some reason, I'm not very good with happy, light-hearted stuff. It all sounds cheesy when I read it back to myself, so I throw it away. Oh, well, guess we can't all be great writers. I'll see if I can't find one of mine that I can put on here. Everyone keep it up. This is a fun thread. Nice to see the creativity.  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
I might mention that the white gloves poem was atarted almost 30 years ago when the loss was fresh and raw. The ending was changed when a good bit of water had gone under the bridge, so to speak. Those first years were like groping around in the dark.

I have an idea for a bit of concrete poetry that won't be dark, but I need to work it out in my head.

Em, you have a PM, by the way.  
ShayeraHol
[Avatar]
I'm glad that I'm not the only "dark" writer here! Its good to know. I LOVED the white gloves poem!  
wizemanndominique
[Avatar]
with out you I am nothing, with out you the Sun does not shine,with out you I shutter at the thought of being with out you,without you my heart loses it song ,without you I wil not hear of it ; for I would give up life at the thought of being with ou you.  

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sun, 12 Feb 2012 23:07

onyxkiss
[Avatar]
I haven't written in sooo long but used to love getting it all out. I have a couple I'd like to post but they get a wee bit long. How would that be? Would anyone mind?

Forum Index » Chatter Central
Go to: