Pseudotumor Cerebri: iWin Forums

Reset My User Details

Enter the e-mail address associated with your iWin account, and we will email your username and a link to set a new password.

•  

Set A New Password

Enter the new password for your account.

•  

Welcome back  !

Make life simple!

Connect your Facebook account and enjoy all of iWin's games and benefits!

Connect with Facebook No, thank you
iWin Forums, the place to meet, ask, and chat.

[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Forums Home 

Pseudotumor Cerebri
Forum Index » Chatter Central
l4dyh4wk2
[Avatar]
Has any one here ever heard of Pseudotumor Cerebri? Does anyone have it  
notjusthank
[Avatar]
I had to do some internet research. but it doesn't sound like fun. apparently the afflicted person has symptoms like those of a person with a brain tumor ... but there is no tumor. they believe it is caused by excessive intercranial pressure. here is an excerpt for possible treatment .....

How to Treat Pseudotumor Cerebri
This condition is treated with medications (in most cases). Obese individuals, who have pseudotumor cerebri, are strongly advised to lose weight. In patients who have problems with vision, surgery can be done to reduce the pressure.

• Glaucoma medications can be part of the treatment. These medications reduce the cerebrospinal fluid production.

• Migraine medications can help you relieve the headache caused by pseudotumor cerebri.

• Diuretics can be used to reduce fluid retention and prevent swelling.

Pseudotumor Cerebri Surgery
• Spinal fluid shunt: a thin tube is inserted into the brain to drain away cerebrospinal fluid; the tubing goes to the abdomen, and that is where the shunt discharges the cerebrospinal fluid.

• Optic nerve sheath fenestration is another method, but it is not always successful. Sometimes, it can make vision problems worse.

I hope you don't have this condition.  
Shurbert3
[Avatar]
Thank you for your reply NJH... Unfortunately my daughter was just diagnosed with it. I was wondering if anyone here had it or knew someone that did. I gather from all that I've read since her diagnosis that it is pretty rare (about 1 in 100,000) She has had a headache for months already... now she has severe backpain & spasms from the lumbar puncture that they did. I hate to see my daughter in such pain & she is afraid because she has already lost some of her eye sight & there is no guarentee it will come back. She has been enrolled in a study at a hospital near us, but I'm worried she may get the placebo & not the medication she needs. All prayers for her would be greatly appreciated  
Susweka
[Avatar]
So sorry to read about ur daughter~it never ceases to amaze me the things that can go wrong with the human body. I certainly do pray that all goes well for her with her care and treatment. Blessings upon you both~~ Annie

notjusthank
[Avatar]
Very sorry about your situation.
DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF PRAYER!

Sometimes prayer, and faith, is all we have ..... But, MY Jesus, and YOURS, is bigger than any problem.
I have been in impossible situations and placed my life in God's hands .... great things happen!

the most important thing is that we don't give up! and that we are there for our loved ones. I will keep you and your daughter in my prayers.

And i will do a bit more research.  
Shurbert3
[Avatar]
Susweka & notjusthank... I want to thank you both. I do believe in the power of prayer & it means a lot to know that you are praying with me for my daughter
Bless you both  

Forum Index » Chatter Central
Go to:   

Sign up now for iWin's weekly newsletter and special promotions and receive a FREE game!

Submit

Thank You!

An email was sent to the address you provided. To redeem your free game, please follow the instructions provided in that email and start playing!

Enjoy!

The iWin Team

We protect your privacy. Review our privacy policy.

is Our games are guaranteed safe and free of viruses and malicious software. We have rigorous internal testing and we are members of the McAfee SECURE program, which ensures that our games are tested externally daily and approved. iWin.com is also Verisign Secured certified and an accredited business by the Better Business Bureau (BBB).

Click logos below for more information.