Who loves the HUNGER GAMES!!: iWin Forums

Welcome back  !

Make life simple!

Connect your Facebook account and enjoy all of iWin's games and benefits!

Connect with Facebook No, thank you
iWin Forums, the place to meet, ask, and chat.

[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Forums Home 

Who loves the HUNGER GAMES!!
Forum Index » Chatter Central
AutLovesGames
[Avatar]
Who loves the HUNGER GAMES!!! Did you read the books? See the movie?? Whats your opinion on both?? I read the series! I saw the movie! I absolutely LOVED both!! What's your opinion??  
AutLovesGames
[Avatar]
Come on, don't be shy!!  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
Hola, AutLovesGames,

I just finished the first book. To be honest, it wouldn't have been my first choice for a read, but my book club chose it so there ya go. I might see the movie tonight since I have nothing else planned. I like to read the book before I see the movie.

I need to draw out some Bigger Themes from the book since the book club will be discussing it. I'm also looking at it in comparison to books with similar themes (dystopian cultures, at least) because my interest is in seeing material that's been done well before - some would say done to death - presented in a new form for a new generation of readers. I am going to re-read some books that I think might be good comparisons and I'd love suggestions!

As to the book itself: well written, not very complicated, and it's clearly appealing to a generation seems to consist mostly of non-readers. I don't think it reaches the level of LeGuin (among others). I did read it pretty much straight through so it wasn't draggy or boring. I thought the muttations were an affectation that detracted from the plot - it felt like the author just gave up on scripting a plot and went for the lazy solution. I also didn't understand a plot choice in the last part of the book, but I don't want to put a spoiler here.

I can't wait to see what the costume designer on the film did with Katniss's three dresses. I think that may be an area where imagination sparked by reading a description may well outdo seeing an interpretation in a film - IOW, I think the dresses in the movie aren't going to reach the heights of the dresses I see in my mind right now. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised.  
kriwi1
[Avatar]
Hi AutLovesGames !

I totally agree with you. Have read the series and I totally loved it. Haven't seen the movie yet, but I will do soon  
musical63
[Avatar]
hey kids
am reading the 3rd book right now,its good wish they would hurry up with the 2nd movie  
AutLovesGames
[Avatar]
Totally agree you guys, I can't wait for movie number 2!! kriwi1, The movie is really good, minor changes from the book but really good. Griddlebone, The dresses were really good, but the one on fire isn't what I thought it to be. Thanks for your replies!!  
buddyrules9
[Avatar]
finished all books i seeing the movie tomorrow

Forum Index » Chatter Central
Go to: