Aboo - Master Game Topic: iWin Forums

Welcome back  !

Make life simple!

Connect your Facebook account and enjoy all of iWin's games and benefits!

Connect with Facebook No, thank you
iWin Forums, the place to meet, ask, and chat.

[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Forums Home 

Aboo - Master Game Topic
Forum Index » Game Discussions
uhuru1701
[Avatar]
I have a sneaking suspicion that it was written by someone whose native language is definitely not English. LOL. That's funnier than the game. It's really quite entertaining but if parents download this one for the kiddies, I think some explaining will be in order, "Now, honey, it's perfectly fine to play the game... just don't try to read the story... I wouldn't want you learning language skills from this CD." LOL LOL LOL.

I LOVE this game just for the boo-boo's. However, for the first time EVER, I deleted the CD from the order and simply downloaded it and I'm so glad I did that now. I would have been ticked off to actually have spent $7.00 on this thing.

You think maybe game designers and engineers ought to invest in spellcheckers and translator services? Just a thought.  

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Sun, 20 Feb 2011 22:14

007ofnine
[Avatar]
You'd think.

I've run into other games where I suspect that English is not the designer's first language. It was understandable, but some of the phrases were odd.

I think things should go through 2, maybe 3 translations. First for basic transformation from one language to the other one, second for fixing syntax and incorrect words. Third would be to smooth it out and make it sound more professional. A fourth if you want it to sound like it was written by someone intelligent.

So is the game worth downloading?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Fri, 17 Jul 2009 01:42

uhuru1701
[Avatar]
007ofnine wrote:
So is the game worth downloading?

If you are a young child who needs a very simple match-3 game, this game is for you. I don't care for the game play at all because the game picks your next jewel to be matched and attaches it to your mouse cursor and it's frustrating because you can think ahead and strategize and see better matches to be made but you can't do it because the game always "helps" (forces) you to pick what color to play.

On the other hand, it's free. Mostly a waste of hard drive space, though, but if you like trying out all the free games, go ahead.  

Forum Index » Game Discussions
Go to: