The Veil Of Mystery: Seven Little Gnomes: iWin Forums

Reset My User Details

Enter the e-mail address associated with your iWin account, and we will email your username and a link to set a new password.

•  

Set A New Password

Enter the new password for your account.

•  

Welcome back  !

Make life simple!

Connect your Facebook account and enjoy all of iWin's games and benefits!

Connect with Facebook No, thank you
iWin Forums, the place to meet, ask, and chat.

[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Forums Home 

The Veil Of Mystery: Seven Little Gnomes
Forum Index » Game Discussions
iWinConcierge
[Avatar]
According to a legend, before he vanished, Edward J. Smith created a secret chamber deep underground on his estate and described it in his diary. The only one who knew where they were hidden, is no longer among the living. Seven Gnomes hold the secret,waiting in silence. Take up the hunt If you dare and the Gnomes will reveal the path that leads to the Chamber of Fortune in this treasure hunt adventure.

Features:
-Avoid deadly traps
-Solve unique puzzle mini-games
-Solve the riddles
-Beautiful graphics

Category: Hidden Object, Adventure
Release Date: 02/22/13 (Re-released on 2/27/13 to correct an install issue)

Having Problems with this game? Please visit our Support Center

* Please note that all release dates are tentative and subject to change.  

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Wed, 27 Feb 2013 06:58

iggylizard
[Avatar]
anyone else have a problem with making the game fullscreen?

afan_o
[Avatar]
iggylizard wrote:anyone else have a problem with making the game fullscreen?

Did you try alt + enter ?  
Supermom303
[Avatar]
afan_o wrote:
iggylizard wrote:anyone else have a problem with making the game fullscreen?

Did you try alt + enter ?

works fine for me! I never knew about this shortcut. Thanks!  
Freda5
[Avatar]
Can't get passed recharging battery.  
afan_o
[Avatar]
Freda5 wrote:Can't get passed recharging battery.

SPOILER :

You have to wait to recharge battery , continue to play and once you come back later on you can pick up battery and use .

Also you can enter and use Strategy Guide from Main Menu.

Cheers!  
Freda5
[Avatar]
Thank you - will have a go!!  
charlie-h
[Avatar]
I am stuck at the bridge. I have put the planks down. I have a gun, a rasp and three cipher pieces in my inventory. The hint just sends me to the bridge and says I need to repair it. Any suggestions?  
afan_o
[Avatar]
charlie-h wrote:I am stuck at the bridge. I have put the planks down. I have a gun, a rasp and three cipher pieces in my inventory. The hint just sends me to the bridge and says I need to repair it. Any suggestions?

SPOILER:
Hi actualy it looks to me like you didn't put all planks. There are 8 planks in total. Check in Strategy Guide if you can't find all of them .

Cheers!  
ilene3500
[Avatar]
Is the secret underground chamber in this game a prison? Don't think that theres a whole lotta treasure to be found there - unless of course it
is Treasure Island County Jail in Florida. Who knows, maybe the gnomes will break their silence  
afan_o
[Avatar]
No it is not the prison as far as I know  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mon, 25 Feb 2013 13:54

charlie-h
[Avatar]
afan_o wrote:
charlie-h wrote:I am stuck at the bridge. I have put the planks down. I have a gun, a rasp and three cipher pieces in my inventory. The hint just sends me to the bridge and says I need to repair it. Any suggestions?

SPOILER:
Hi actualy it looks to me like you didn't put all planks. There are 8 planks in total. Check in Strategy Guide if you can't find all of them .
Cheers!

Thanks very much for your help, you are right I haven't found them all.
Cheers  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sun, 17 Mar 2013 07:35

Peachis911
[Avatar]
hi im getting stuck in several parts of this gme first time the glith wheels parts were not under the stairs,reinstalled game then hammer disapeared after i opened the celler dooors so i couldnt use it on the map reinstaled game again then i can get hidden object game to show up behind the house after i did the smoking out the bees i retrack everything to see if i forgot something but no luck it just keeps saying too fogging when i try clicking the hour glass on that spot  
dawn2636
[Avatar]
i am stuck in the kitchen. the hint tells me to do a hidden object area, in the cupboard, but when i open the cupboard there is no inventory to search for.  
bunywabbit
[Avatar]
i am stuck in the cemetary.... which tool do i need?  
ksnow2065
[Avatar]
how do I find the strategy guide for this game?????  
George51
[Avatar]
I can't get the gun to aim and try to load it so what am I doimg wrong please let me know I have used the hint and it says to use the gun but I've tryed to use it but like I said it just won't work  
George51
[Avatar]
to ksnow2065 the strategy guide is on the menu just before you start the game  
sparrowbird
[Avatar]
OK, I got across the bridge, and now I'm at the code pillar. with the 3 pieces. I put the pieces in place, but I do not understand the how to make the code finder work. the instructions are little help.
what dial do I turn and what do I follow, got the codes from the cipher. but do not how to run the code breaker  
sparrowbird
[Avatar]
George51 wrote:I can't get the gun to aim and try to load it so what am I doimg wrong please let me know I have used the hint and it says to use the gun but I've tryed to use it but like I said it just won't work

George have you finished this game?
I'm stuck at the code dial pillar..dont understand how it works  
George51
[Avatar]
to sparrowbird: I don't know on that because I had to skip that oneand I stuck with the gun because I can't get it to ain and load it too so sorry  
sparrowbird
[Avatar]
George I think you have to do the code thingy first , than the gun should load, and fire..you got to shoot the left eye above the door  
sparrowbird
[Avatar]
HELP I dont know how to operate code wheel..it does not make sense. Stragy guide is no help.  
sparrowbird
[Avatar]
ilene3500
how far did you get with this game..Im stuck on the code wheel.  
bfrazier3728
[Avatar]
on the door you have to spell: FIND, SIGN, MAKE, HOLE than you can load gun and shoot eye....the end

George51
[Avatar]
tobfrazier3728: I've spelled the words but I still can't get the gun to load and I'm about ready to give it up and delete the game or if any body can help me out then I wont delete it then  
George51
[Avatar]
well I finished the game and it was fun but one thing I did was missed spelled one word and then I fixed it and it was over man I hate that I had one of my Sr. Blond moments  
Melijahbleu
[Avatar]
Help, I cannot go behind the house "it's to foggy"  
christiejo2
[Avatar]
how do you get past the library book shelf. I have tried and tried to get the book off the shelf without success
in the game of veil of mystery seven little gnomes  
alina74
[Avatar]
i aint sure what to do in the cementary already got the grave open and i cant figure what else to do their  
deedeewilkey
[Avatar]
Where is the coil that I need for the dynamite and detonator?  
kfeher1
[Avatar]
how do you get past the lock on the tool shed.it's by the boat and the pole with the first aid kit?thanks

bhanson904
[Avatar]
George51 wrote:to ksnow2065 the strategy guide is on the menu just before you start the game

I don't see the stradegy guide at any point what am I missing?  
Ginny7091
[Avatar]
I can't find the strategy guide either. The only text on my opening screen is the game title, "Quit", "Options", "Play", "Credits", and a sign with my player name and "Change Player" under it. And an "MC" on the scrollwork above the gate. I'm also stuck several different places. Any help would be sooooo appreciated.... BTW, my inventory pieces right now consist of a clawhammer, a crowbar, a dagger, the metal detector, and 2 code rings, so I may have yet another problem since everyone else seems to have 3... and yes, I have used all these items except the code rings trying to get unstuck here. Nothing that should work does.

1. How do I get the lid off the vault in the cemetery - the one inscribed with "Edward" ?

2. In the "Bee Soap" box in the cellar, there is a roundish, grey-wrapped object tied with rope. How do I get it out of the wrapping?

3. In the Garden after you cut the rope and the rock falls down, there is what looks like a piece of paper on the ground, but I can't pick it up, although it will flutter up in the air when you touch the wall or the bottom of the tree.???

4. I got the spikes, climbed the pole & opened the first-aid kit. Read the paper, had no idea what I was to cut or where, so went back down the tree and hit "Hint". That put a big, sparkley circle around the shed door. Text at the top of the screen said "Open a Hidden Object Scene", only I couldn't. Door was already open a few inches, because I had been there before. Cursor turned into the magnifying glass, but no matter where on the opening or on the doors I clicked, a HOS would not open.

TIA for any help I can get here...  
CHYNS
[Avatar]
Somethings I discovered:

No need to delete and re-laod the whole sha-bang, just delete that player and rename one got me pass glitches. I haven't reach the end though, might not be sound advice??

DAWN### from awhile back, the oil can for the lift is back in the room w/ Frieplace. The chair on the left side of the screen has a HOS.

Ginny#### and whoever else are in the cemetery:
Use your pickaxe like thingy to smash the lids. Yes,lids. They're at least 2, can't remember now.
I think that piece of paper is not part of the game. Just background things.

deedeeW, the Coil is in another Hidden OS in the basement. right side of the gate I think.

I don't recall the Bee Soap box, Ginny, ... sorry.

In the kithen, go find the teapot on the pic posted on that cupborad dr.... Don't want to spoil too much but it's what Alice had to do....

Basically, I think this game wasn't that well written.I got stuck often and whenever I'm certain it wasn't my bad, I restart as a diff. player and the same problem wont show again.
I was stuck being send back to the puzzle that was solved and weren't allow to go on.
And two pieces of the planks for bridge is where I'm wasting time this round. ..... Sounds like it's possible to cross the bridge ....

Going to work now, be back later.  
CHYNS
[Avatar]
Ginny, for your 3rd Q:

Are you talking about the Bee smoker thing?

You cant get it out untill you burn some dry grass in it. Like that Metal detector, iyou can't grab it until the battery is charged and inserted...

#######

Above was for the 2nd Q.

As for the 3rd, that piece of paper is important, you should be able to pick up. It has riddlefor how to open the safe.

Try clicking on the blind bust 4x see if it'll let you though.
If not, you're stuck by glitches and have to restart or relaod the game.

Good luck!  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Tue, 12 Nov 2013 22:32

CHYNS
[Avatar]
ksnow2065 wrote:how do I find the strategy guide for this game?????

They must have taken that out when they tweaked it earlier!

##################
Soooo many stooooopid glitches in this game, I almost want to ditch it for good!
I've deleted many " players" and relaoded the game a couple times and still can't reach the end.
What a pity,it is otherwise an A- product.
A minus ratherthan A since the "puzzle pieces" are never shuffled.

I shant have to be frustrated for the bad codes in this game much more.  
bobo254a
[Avatar]
i´m stuck in the cementary, what do i do?  
debby_1956
[Avatar]
[i] I can not get past the fog too any help would be appreceatid ty  
judyjac
[Avatar]
Freda5 wrote:Can't get passed recharging battery.
hi i cant get passed the gadget on other table near battery i cant find whats wrong judyjac  
radiator6
[Avatar]
i'm also stuck on the hut, any help will be gratefully received!  
CHYNS
[Avatar]
bobo, use metal detector to find headstone w/ that name and smash it w/picaxe. 2 or 3 of them I believe.

It's been a while since I finished, but do not recall FOG or HUT. Where?

Keep in mind there's Glitches in the file, I had to create new players to restart a couple times, even delete and relaoded it.

Whenever you know there should be a scene of Hidden Object that wont open -- like I wasn't allowed to go back to the chair by the Fireplace for a 2nd scene -- restart might be the only way.

Goodluck to all!  
debby_1956
[Avatar]
the fog area is on the side of the house near the cellar any help ty deb  
mariew1
[Avatar]
love this game but am stuck in the fog at side of the house.I have tryed everything to go on but noooo such luck. Help..  
ilovethad
[Avatar]
after i do the little key deal on the shed where the first aid kit is it takes me back to the house in the bedroom and it says open scene and the hint button takes me to the bed... there is not scene deal there is there something else i have to do or what. can someone please help me out ive been stuck for a while and its driving me nuts awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww  
Orilon
[Avatar]
How do I get the lock off? All I get is Opps Wrong combination and it keeps taking me back to the gold lock. Its getting frustrating not being able to get past that part.  
Orilon
[Avatar]
Ugh, I've never seen a game from iWin with so many glitches.

In general if the HOS doesn't open its a glitch and you need to delete that player and try a new one. I went through a lot of different players to finish the game.

You have to complete a HOS in the house (sorry don't remember which room) to get the fog to clear.

There is a piece of paper inside the jacket with instructions of which way to turn the key and what roman numeral you need to turn the key to to get the lock off the hut.

Unless my game glitched, the only thing I used in the "Bee Soap" box was the bee smoker. Had to use the scythe from the HOS at the front of the house to cut dry grass in the back and a lighter from a different HOS to light it to get the bee smoker to work.

Cut the painting above the chest of drawers with the dagger and then you will need to complete a little game to get the security card and make the "door" open.  

Forum Index » Game Discussions
Go to:   

Sign up now for iWin's weekly newsletter and special promotions and receive a FREE game!

Submit

Thank You!

An email was sent to the address you provided. To redeem your free game, please follow the instructions provided in that email and start playing!

Enjoy!

The iWin Team

We protect your privacy. Review our privacy policy.

is Our games are guaranteed safe and free of viruses and malicious software. We have rigorous internal testing and we are members of the McAfee SECURE program, which ensures that our games are tested externally daily and approved. iWin.com is also Verisign Secured certified and an accredited business by the Better Business Bureau (BBB).

Click logos below for more information.