Virtual Families 2: iWin Forums

Welcome back  !

Make life simple!

Connect your Facebook account and enjoy all of iWin's games and benefits!

Connect with Facebook No, thank you
iWin Forums, the place to meet, ask, and chat.

[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Forums Home 

Virtual Families 2
Forum Index » Game Discussions
iWinConcierge
[Avatar]
Adopt a little person from the thousands of choices of little people who live inside your computer. Help them choose a mate, and start a family! Encourage them to work in their chosen career to earn money for necessities and luxuries. Expand and renovate the house into your Dream House and shop for tons of items: make a nursery, a music room or even a game room! Help your little person get through the challenges of life and shape their personalities with all sorts of upgrades, from psychotherapy to career counseling and many more! Along the way, there will be many different random events to respond to, all of them adding unexpected elements to the daily routine of life.

Features:
-Expand and renovate the house
-Customize each room and build your dream house
-Shop from tons of items in the store
-Upgrades for your little people: psychotherapy, career counseling, hire a maid and many more!
-Adopt a little cat or dog or little furry companion for your virtual people.
-And much, much more!

Category: Time Management, Puzzle, Adventure, Tycoon
Release Date: 04/20/13

Having Problems with this game? Please visit our Support Center

* Please note that all release dates are tentative and subject to change.

springmist775
[Avatar]
cool i loved the first one  
crystals6
[Avatar]
How can i add money in the game to buy items Thanks  
TSEAGUINE
[Avatar]
You can earn money by making your little friends work at their career or by making them collect duplicates of things they have already found in the yard. I hope this helps.  
Lindsay48
[Avatar]
how uis this game is it good  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Thu, 17 Jul 2014 11:46

crystals6
[Avatar]
Hi, Yes I know how to make them earn money, but can I add coins into the game myself Thanks  
TSEAGUINE
[Avatar]
I'm sorry but I don't know how to do that.  
crystals6
[Avatar]
OK Thanks  
Celtan
[Avatar]
Lindsay48 wrote:Does anyone know how to fix the clogged shower?

Try dropping an adult onto the tools in the workshop and they should automatically go and fix the shower. This works for the leaky sinks so hopefully it will for the shower too. If you encounter a stove fire, drop your adult on the fire extinguisher in the workshop and he will automatically go and put out the fire.  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Fri, 26 Apr 2013 22:27

llama1llam
[Avatar]
How do I call the maid back

shirl17
[Avatar]
you have to re hire her  
shirl17
[Avatar]
how do i pick up the orange peel by the trash??  
TSEAGUINE
[Avatar]
How do I train to dig up bones in the yard?  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
TSEAGUINE wrote:How do I train to dig up bones in the yard?

I am by no means an expert on VF, but you just have to catch them in some behaviors then praise them. That is usually described as a behavior that "can't be initiated". I have no idea if digging up bones can be initiated or not, but it's possible that you just need to be watchful.  
TSEAGUINE
[Avatar]
Thank you. I found out what to do. You have to buy the certificate from the flea market.  
bharris147
[Avatar]
shirl17 wrote:how do i pick up the orange peel by the trash??

The orange peel is used to get rid of ants forever. When the ants come have a peep mix up the cinnamon mixture that is on the kitchen counter, They will take it to the table in the workshop. Once they are finished use the same peep to pick up the orange peel by the trash can. They will take the orange peel to the workshop and then make an ant spray to rid the kitchen of ants. You must use the same peep through the whole process otherwise the peep will tell you that you must do something else first. Have fun!  
diedgley
[Avatar]
how do I get rid of the pile of socks in the bathroom?  
lazer028
[Avatar]
Help! I have too many pets. How do I get rid of some of them. They don't ever die!  
dhazaert
[Avatar]
TSEAGUINE wrote:How do I train to dig up bones in the yard?
watch the flea market each day for a certificate to buy. once you buy it, it allows you to dig up the bones and the knowledge remains in effect throughout the rest of the generations in that household that follow. (it costs 1500 coins if i remember right or if not, it was 2500)  
dhazaert
[Avatar]
does any one know how to sell furniture etc that you no longer want to own?  
lwichert
[Avatar]
why can't my people pick up socks? I've tried and tried to no avail. the house is a mess.  
mmusilli
[Avatar]
all you would have to do is put the furniture out to the curb, beyond the gate, and you will earn money along with getting rid of the furniture  
dhazaert
[Avatar]
mmusilli wrote:all you would have to do is put the furniture out to the curb, beyond the gate, and you will earn money along with getting rid of the furniture
Awesome.. thank you!  
dhazaert
[Avatar]
lwichert wrote:why can't my people pick up socks? I've tried and tried to no avail. the house is a mess.
I assume you are dropping your peeps on the socks? do you have a washer? if you drop peep on the sock pile, they will put them in the washer, then maybe they will start getting them again? Never had this issue so I am guessing.  
darleneb1
[Avatar]
Has anyone been able to get 'twins' or 'triplets' in the game? I've gone through 8 or 9 generations and haven't had any luck of more than 1 child.  
dhazaert
[Avatar]
darleneb1 wrote:Has anyone been able to get 'twins' or 'triplets' in the game? I've gone through 8 or 9 generations and haven't had any luck of more than 1 child.
Its luck of the draw but i have had several twins and triplets so it happens  
darleneb1
[Avatar]
darleneb1 wrote:Its luck of the draw but i have had several twins and triplets so it happens

Thank you  

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Tue, 2 Jul 2013 16:06

mmusilli
[Avatar]
It says that you have to purchase a room to renovate, but then they may be able to do this themselves. I'm trying to figure out how they would go about renovating the rooms. I have fulfilled the careers and have all the upgrades for each career. Does anybody have any ideas?  
mmusilli
[Avatar]
lwichert wrote:why can't my people pick up socks? I've tried and tried to no avail. the house is a mess.

I had that same problem. I had to hire maid services and then when the maid isn't around and you want to pick up socks you will be able to  
dhazaert
[Avatar]
mmusilli wrote:It says that you have to purchase a room to renovate, but then they may be able to do this themselves. I'm trying to figure out how they would go about renovating the rooms. I have fulfilled the careers and have all the upgrades for each career. Does anybody have any ideas?
I have renovated many rooms, you just need to go to the store to the home renovation and have enough coins to hire the workers.  
mrspockfan
[Avatar]
I recently started playing VF2 and willed the house to a 2nd generation daughter. She had triplet boys, then a girl and then had twin girls. This gave me all the trophies for having children. I was surprised that she had both triplets and twins. I'm finding this game addictive in trying to find all the collectables, etc.

I would add the jpeg images but I don't know.  
dhazaert
[Avatar]
question... do you need to let sick peeps get sicker in order to get serious infections and gravely ill? i heal my peeps right away and have never had serious or gravely ill peeps..  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
I don't know about VF2 (it won't run on my computer), but in the first VF, serious and grave illnesses seemed to come up without being preceded by "a bit sick" peeps. Also, when one peep had a grave illness, he wasn't sick at all before, either mildly or seriously. Finally, I was trying to kill off some peeps (don't tell them!) and didn't treat their minor illnesses and they never progressed to serious infections. So I'd say it's all a roll of the dice, and sometimes you need a throat lozenge, sometimes you need penicillin, and sometimes you need vancomycin.

mrspockfan, I'll PM you about the images.  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Wed, 10 Jul 2013 07:41

mmusilli
[Avatar]
Ever since I renovated the bathroom the people always say they want to smell the room. Why? Is that a que to use something? If so, what would that be?  
makmeluvit
[Avatar]
Lindsay48 wrote:Does anyone know how to fix the clogged shower?
Take your person to the workshop they will get tools and fix it- it takes a couple of times though  
dhazaert
[Avatar]
I am obsessed with VF - 5 families going in each VF and VF2 - all in different stages of success.. some close to having all trophies, upgrades etc and some not so far along. The one trophy I have never been able to get so far is marry match. I reject marriage offers until they get close to 30 when I fear they wont have the opportunity to have children and keep the game going... but never seem to have a marriage offer from someone with the same career. The other trophies I have not gotten in any of the 10 families is the gravely ill & serious infection curing as none have ever been more than a bit sick. Am I missing something?  
gipsie1
[Avatar]
diedgley wrote:how do I get rid of the pile of socks in the bathroom?
When you buy a washing machine make them put them in the washer.....and presto...  
gipsie1
[Avatar]
How do we get them to dig up the bones in the yard, I am in the third generation and still they wont dig???  
dhazaert
[Avatar]
gipsie1 wrote:How do we get them to dig up the bones in the yard, I am in the third generation and still they wont dig???
- go to the flea market every time you visit your family - watch for a certificate - it costs 2500 coins - once you buy the certificate - all generations will be able to dig up all bones.  
makmeluvit
[Avatar]
how do you chase the gophers? I've put my peeps there and nothing....  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
makmeluvit wrote:how do you chase the gophers? I've put my peeps there and nothing....

Children chase the gophers. I don't think you can initiate the action, at least my attempts to initiate it have fallen flat. However, you can either follow the kids or listen for giggling and kissing sounds, which is your cue to run to the back yard (in VF2) or side yard (in VF) and praise the child for playing with flea-infested, sharp-toothed, lawn-destroying vermin.

I apologize to anyone from the University of Minnesota for my characterization of your mascot... but really. Gophers are annoying.  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
Efeiga wrote:How do I buy coins? It has a help section for that in game but I cant fugre out how to buy them

This is moved over from the Virtual Families thread, because it refers to this game.

VF2 started out as an iOS game. Like many games for the iPad/iPhone, you get a "lite" version for free, and then purchase in-app upgrades. That's a common business model for apps on handheld devices. The help section was written for the iOS version, and they forgot to take that bit out for the PC/Mac version when they released it, which was quite recently. There are other places in both games and their help section where they refer to peeps as "villagers", which is a holdover from the Virtual Villagers series. iWin distributes the PC version - I don't think they have any Mac games here and what little I know about iOS tells me that all apps are obtained through the iStore.

The clue is that the help section says: "Purchases are made with in-app purchases." That's a giveaway that the bit about buying coins in VF2 pertains to the iOS version.

The PC version is superior in many ways. You pay for it once and you have it, and I think it's a bargain in terms of play time. You can have up to 5 families, and on iOS you can only have one. You can change the names of your peeps - you can't on the iOS version.

I got VF2 working and am on my 2nd generation now. My peeps just had a baby with a mohawk and bushy eyebrows. So odd.  
Efeiga
[Avatar]
Oh ok ty

makmeluvit
[Avatar]
Thanks Griddlebone for the gopher advice! I will just leave them alone maybe I'm preventing the action

alissas
[Avatar]
mmusilli wrote:It says that you have to purchase a room to renovate, but then they may be able to do this themselves. I'm trying to figure out how they would go about renovating the rooms. I have fulfilled the careers and have all the upgrades for each career. Does anybody have any ideas?

I saw that message too, that they may be able to fix a room by themselves, without buying the renevation, I can't figure out how to do this either. If you find out, let me know.  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mon, 29 Jul 2013 17:25

mrspockfan
[Avatar]
I've read that you have to get someone with a career of builder or carpenter, put them in the room and they would renovate the room. They also said it was very difficult to find such a person. Good luck.  
alissas
[Avatar]
mrspockfan wrote:I've read that you have to get someone with a career of builder or carpenter, put them in the room and they would renovate the room. They also said it was very difficult to find such a person. Good luck.

Thanks, I will try that.  
Griddlebone
[Avatar]
Here's a nifty trick I learned. Say you have a kid who is depressed or sick, the doc says nothing is wrong but the kid is getting weaker or their happiness line is non-existent. Send them to boarding school - one of the options under character update, available through the menu or on the character info page. They will be safe until the next generation comes along, and since the characters are re-rolled except for their sex, appearance, likes and dislikes, your kid will probably be happy, healthy, and ready to assume the house if you choose.  
makmeluvit
[Avatar]
Ialso am curious about the need to "smell the room" if anyone has an answer for that please let us know  
BloomofSparks
[Avatar]
how do you scroll in the menus nothing works also theres no scroll icon  

Forum Index » Game Discussions
Go to: