Which is better: Vegetable: iWin Forums

Welcome back  !

Make life simple!

Connect your Facebook account and enjoy all of iWin's games and benefits!

Connect with Facebook No, thank you
iWin Forums, the place to meet, ask, and chat.

[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Forums Home 

Which is better: Vegetable
Forum Index » Chatter Central
ppineapple
[Avatar]
Ok, what kind of vegetable would you think is better? Here are the choices to pick from.

A. Carrots
B. Lettuce
C. Beets
D. Asparagus
E. Spinach

Ok, submit your answer now bny replying on here. Please answer with a why too.  
ponycarmom
[Avatar]
all of them!  
mookie57
[Avatar]
Hey! where is the broccoli, I love broccoli in everything! I vote for broccoli LOL.  
volo83
[Avatar]
I like asparagus. I think it is the coolest veggie. It is also fun to grow and harvest.
Great in alot of dishes. Yes ASPARAGUS RULES!
Spinach is good too.
We should eat all our veggies.  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sun, 26 Jul 2009 09:01

kiltedrago
[Avatar]
I love all of them covered in cheese!!!  
kiltedrago
[Avatar]
maybe not spinach  
007ofnine
[Avatar]
I like fresh spinach in salads and sandwiches instead of lettuce. I like broccoli and cabbage. Both are in the cruciferous family. I loath tomatoes and potatoes.

mookie57
[Avatar]
thin sliced jicama is good in sandwiches too, gives a good crunch.  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sun, 26 Jul 2009 16:54

aginka
[Avatar]
carrots rule =) well in that list at least  
007ofnine
[Avatar]
So, just out of curiosity, what made you ask this question?

ppineapple
[Avatar]
I just wanted to know what people like.  
mookie57
[Avatar]
Ppineapple, I think this is a great topic. This is what this is for, off topic. No need to explain, any more than the "who would you date" people need to explain the reason for the topic. BTW, I still vote for broccoli!!!! LOL  
007ofnine
[Avatar]
No, I was curious why the topic was vegetables, as opposed to, say, your favorite dessert or song or something else. The 'who would you date' guy explained where he got the idea for his question.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mon, 27 Jul 2009 21:41

Dinismurf
[Avatar]
Asparagus, of the ones on this list, but best of all are MUSHROOMS. I eat them almost every day in some kind of way.  
sophidia
[Avatar]
All vegtables, my favourites are brocoli, pumpkin and parsnip? a white root with a kind of aniselike tast
trying to find the words for "schorseneer" a kind of root sort of tasting like asparagus (In google salsify?)
And mushrooms ofcourse, all kinds
And to make it tasty all kind of peppers an tomatoes onions and garlic and herbs
O and did you try the sweet potatoe?  

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Tue, 28 Jul 2009 08:44

007ofnine
[Avatar]
sweet pototatoes = yummy!

ppineapple
[Avatar]
Wow, great vegetable you have chosen. Nice job, keep up the voting and eating greens. Yum Yum.  
gembolicious
[Avatar]
This is the vegetable I hate, beets. Sorry to offend you beets lovers.This is the vegetable I do like, carrots, they are really healthy and tasty.  
uhuru1701
[Avatar]
ppineapple wrote:Ok, what kind of vegetable would you think is better? Here are the choices to pick from.

A. Carrots
B. Lettuce
C. Beets
D. Asparagus
E. Spinach

Carrots are good for you unless you have diverticulitis in which case you are on a soft food diet for the most part. Nothing hard and crunchy is allowed.

No human should eat lettuce. The human digestive tract is not set up to process the cellulose in lettuce.

I hate beets unless they are made into the horseradish sauce that goes on gefilte fish.

I like asparagus if it is cooked very tender in a light butter sauce.

I love raw fresh spinach in a salad but I'm not crazy about slimey cooked spinach.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Thu, 10 Dec 2009 18:17

caboose22
[Avatar]
I would have to say Lettuce is my favorite because its the only one on the list that comes on Big Macs.  
caboose22
[Avatar]
Uhuru, your pretty cool to understand my Big Mac needs. Thanks  
speedyiwin
[Avatar]
Well, since I'm unpopular and weird, I used to eat radishes because they were from my garden in the gazebo. Ppineapple told me to stop eating radishes because I get hyper and have gotten a few stomach aches from radishes. Well now I have switched to lettuce and carrots. I would rather eat carrots and lettuce combined than eating another radish ever. I'm putting radish on trial till I get notified when it is totally safe to eat for me. And when is that going to be good, after flying houses and a new flower appears and someone names in Margaretta Simmon!!! Who is with me?  
amanda9606
[Avatar]
i would saylettace  
Wingman36
[Avatar]
Whats a radish?  
uhuru1701
[Avatar]
You know... now that I think about it... a few old boyfriends of mine did turn out to be rather vegetable-like, sometimes of the couch potato variety.  
jade12472
[Avatar]
Wingman36 wrote:Whats a radish?
A radish is a round, red, and inside it's white. When you bite into it some say they're hot! I would advice you not to attempt eating them. I think they were made more for women because they are more into round, red, hot items.lol. It might kill the image of being cool. lol  
marykruger
[Avatar]
ppineapple wrote:Ok, what kind of vegetable would you think is better? Here are the choices to pick from.

A. Carrots
B. Lettuce
C. Beets Beets will beet the rest if you are looking to build your red blood cells. They are vit. packed and taste great with watercress,nuts and cream fresse,Yum Yum Yum.
D. Asparagus
E. Spinach

speedyiwin
[Avatar]
Oh, a radish is a red vegetable like beets. Well, it's similar to beets. I like radishes before I got hyper. Now I'm sad I have to switch to another vegetable *sniff*.  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sat, 1 Aug 2009 14:59

caboose22
[Avatar]
Hey Jade, I ate a round thing before with white "stuff" in the middle. It was good. It's not called a radish though. Its called a Chocolate Covered Cherry. And its not red, its chocolately. And it's not a vegetable, its a fruit, so it's still healthy. So you guys should all give up on these lame vegetables and eat a chocolate covered cherry.

French Fries are a vegetable, so they are healthy. And big macs have lettuce. So Mc.Donalds is healthy now.  
justincoolie
[Avatar]
Vegetables are good for your bones and muscles, eat well.  
ppineapple
[Avatar]
Yes Justine, vegetables are really healthy for you until you deep fry the lettuce, that is just plain nasty putting deep fry on vegetables. That is cruel.  
uhuru1701
[Avatar]
I love deep-fried and breaded zucchini. Yum yum.  
ppineapple
[Avatar]
But deep frying lettuce, zucchini, cabbage, and onions are not healthy. It's bad for you.

~Pria, the daughter of Nina  
barbie0251
[Avatar]
marykruger wrote:

A. Carrots
B. Lettuce
C. Beets Beets will beet the rest if you are looking to build your red blood cells. They are vit. packed and taste great with watercress,nuts and cream fresse,Yum Yum Yum.
D. Asparagus
E. Spinach

OMG, I love carrots, both raw and cooked. I love lettuce, cause I eat salad all the time. Beets are hot! I mean, I love them! Especially in salad. Asparagus is great. Spinich is one of my favorites, especially cooked in extra virgin olive oil with a lot of garlic and onions!!!  
ppineapple
[Avatar]
Cool Barbie.  
honk1
[Avatar]
I would say beets and asparagus. Very tasty with butter and salt and pepper. asparagus with cheese, mayonaise or ranch and salt and pepper. my taste buds are in heaven every time i eat them.  
l4dyh4wk2
[Avatar]
All of the above & then some.... like broccoli, mushrooms, eggplant, tomatoes (I know it's technically a fruit), sweet peppers, hot peppers, corn, potatoes, yams, tomatillos, rutabaga, cabbage, brussel sprouts, peas, cauliflower, string beans... mmm love 'em all.... not sure what the heck an avacado is but I like them too  
joanietreb
[Avatar]

A. Carrots
B. Lettuce
C. Beets
D. Asparagus
E. Spinach

Carrots, beets, asparagus and spinach with butter, s&p. Many more too, with butter, s&p.
Lettuce is a vegetable? Maybe butterhead lettuce.  
barbie0251
[Avatar]
Thanks ppineapple, but my favorite is spinach cooked in the best olive oil with onions and garlic. I can eat the entire thing!!!!  
barbie0251
[Avatar]
BTW joanieteb, don't cook ur vegs in butter. Try extra virgin olive oil. My fav is fiirst cold pressed. It's better than butter!! And better for u, if that matters. But it tastes better! And with olive oil, u can cook it at a higher templ  
joanietreb
[Avatar]
barbie0251 wrote:BTW joanieteb, don't cook ur vegs in butter. Try extra virgin olive oil. My fav is fiirst cold pressed. It's better than butter!! And better for u, if that matters. But it tastes better! And with olive oil, u can cook it at a higher templ

Thank you barbie for info, but i steam my vegs, then put a pat on top. I do use evoo with my lettuce. Nothing tasts better than butter, but that's just my opinion  
goofyduck1
[Avatar]
I'm with you joanie - I love butter - and did you know it is actually healthier for you than some margerine on the market? Although I'll probably get an argument about that one. It goes with everything - and did you ever notice that when you put margerine on your popcorn, it shrivels up the popcorn? Why? Because margerine has so much water in it (look at the ingrediants - it's almost the first ingredient every time). Butter doesn't. And it tastes 10 times better anyway. The microwave popcorn is so awful, I still cook popcorn the old-fashioned way, popping the seeds, and then salt and butter it. Yumm! (And since popcorn is technically a vegetable - I'm not too off topic lol) And butter may be higher in sat fats, as long as you don't get crazy, anything in moderation . . . . never mind that margerine contains so much garbage in it that studies are saying that margerine should not be given to children because it causes a reduction in iQ's. Here's an article you guys may find interesting: Healthy Butter

But to be contrary, I like Brussel Sprouts

joanietreb
[Avatar]
Yummy Brussel sprouts baked in butter and freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Good choice Goofy, but that's just my opinion

btw, anyone else old enough to remember the butter substitute of lard with yellow/orange bubble you had to knead, it was in package like fast-food catsup  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Thu, 18 Feb 2010 02:22

sophidia
[Avatar]
The latest news is its better to bake vegetables in fats like butter or coconutfat, stuff with saturated fatty acids because when you use oils like the viirgin olive oils the healthy unsaturated fatty accids change due to heating.If you want to bake at a high temperature with butter, remove the milk constituents by melting the butter slowly put it trough a sieve cloth(than you get Ghee from the Indian cuisine.) If you want to have the healthy fats use the extra virgin oils without heating, warming. Use it in salads or to dip your bread in it, instead of margerines or butter Try it some time, dip you toasted baguette in virgin oliveoils flavoured with garlic, oregano, rosmary or dried tomatoes
No fat at all is also not good for weight loss. Use the the unsat fats for cold stuff. you need it  

This message was edited 8 times. Last update was at Thu, 18 Feb 2010 05:23

emcall
[Avatar]
Hi, guys. Great subject. I say broccoli rules. Steamed, and lightly seasoned with seasalt and pepper. No butter or margarine. And definitely no cheese. Asparagus is my all time fave, but I have to have a steak to go with it.
I also love fresh, crisp carrot sticks and celery sticks.
When I was in the hospital, I was served a bowl of brussel sprouts. I have NEVER liked them, but decided to try them, because I knew I needed the vitamins. They were delicious. I wish I knew how they cooked them, so I could make them at home. Anyone have a good way to cook them? I could use the input. Trying to get and stay healthy.
And, oh...... my favorite "unhealthy" veggie is fried okra. YUM-YUM  
jewelicious
[Avatar]
Hey em. I love love love brussel sprouts...I usually just cut off the bottoms and then put an x with a knife where I have cut. I then boil them for about 3-4 min and then drain. After that you can put whatever your heart desires on them. for example melt some margarine and then put a tsp of lemon juice in the marg. (Don't use butter when you do this, it tastes a little off ) then drizzle over the brussel sprouts. A trick is to put a couple tsps of sugar in the water It brings out the natural sweetness.
PS I didn't know you could fry Okra....How do you do that?  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sat, 20 Feb 2010 22:11

barbie0251
[Avatar]
sophidia wrote:The latest news is its better to bake vegetables in fats like butter or coconutfat, stuff with saturated fatty acids because when you use oils like the viirgin olive oils the healthy unsaturated fatty accids change due to heating.If you want to bake at a high temperature with butter, remove the milk constituents by melting the butter slowly put it trough a sieve cloth(than you get Ghee from the Indian cuisine.) If you want to have the healthy fats use the extra virgin oils without heating, warming. Use it in salads or to dip your bread in it, instead of margerines or butter Try it some time, dip you toasted baguette in virgin oliveoils flavoured with garlic, oregano, rosmary or dried tomatoes
No fat at all is also not good for weight loss. Use the the unsat fats for cold stuff. you need it

R u kidding me? Don't use saturated fats for anything if u want to be healthy. I personally don't care. I just love the taste of extra virgin olive oil - only the first cold press - on all my greens. Cooked or raw. Sooo tastly!! And no saturated fat!! Try it! And yes I love to dip a really good piece of fresh Italian bread in flavored extra virgin olive oil. It's the best!!  
mac1936
[Avatar]
i like baked sweet potato also wheres the corn..I know not the best veggie for you.i would say all the deep green yucky ones is best for you  
ppineapple
[Avatar]
mac1936 wrote:i like baked sweet potato also wheres the corn..I know not the best veggie for you.i would say all the deep green yucky ones is best for you

Good choice mac.  
RedQueen2
[Avatar]
Spinich because they have alot of flavors for it and plain is good to!!!!lol  

Forum Index » Chatter Central
Go to: