Hello, my name is. . . . . . . and I am an opalholic.: iWin Forums

Reset My User Details

Enter the e-mail address associated with your iWin account, and we will email your username and a link to set a new password.

•  

Set A New Password

Enter the new password for your account.

•  

Welcome back  !

Make life simple!

Connect your Facebook account and enjoy all of iWin's games and benefits!

Connect with Facebook No, thank you
iWin Forums, the place to meet, ask, and chat.

[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Forums Home 

Hello, my name is. . . . . . . and I am an opalholic.
Forum Index » Hotel iWin Lobby
cbjarrett
[Avatar]
Hello. A new iWin friend and I were discussing our inability to save up enough opals to buy the big-ticket items (specifically, I was talking about the bar), because we want to spend them too soon. As we were chatting back and forth she came up with a brilliant idea to begin a support group for we "opalholics". I thought that it would be even better if she and I were to head up this group, so to speak,(doing so for the good of the iWin Hotel, of course) and do so happily by way of payment in......uh huh, more opals. What do ya think? LOL  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Fri, 5 Jul 2013 21:40

justhank
[Avatar]
hi, my name is justhank, and i am an opalholic.

my content on the forum became unmanagable.

i came to believe in a higher power (forum moderators), that could restore a sock in my big mouth.

i became willing to let my higher power save my *******....i'm still working on this step. i can't wait to do the 13th step ......

that's where you pick up on the new comers. do i still get a token? i hear you can trade them for opals.  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Tue, 4 Jan 2011 07:15

emcall
[Avatar]
Hi, my name is Em. I am NOT an opalholic. I can stop any time I want to. And just because I have had the shakes all night, and feel really sick right now, does not have anything to do with the fact that the iWin system has been down for the past 4 hours. Like I said. I am NOT an opalholic. (Deny Deny Deny)

Please Note:
Okay, folks, we can joke about it, but let's not forget that addiction is not a laughing matter. And for anyone out there who is currently fighting an addiction, whether to alcohol or drugs or something else.... you CAN get help and support. Also, please know that we do not judge, for there are some of us who suffer from the same demons, and are in varying stages of recovery. But make no mistake about it.......RECOVERY IS POSSIBLE!!! God bless. Em

Now, can I get some extra opals for that public service announcement?  
joanietreb
[Avatar]
Hello, my name is Joanie T and I am an opalholic, this is my first meeting and I am not ready yet to share, but would appreciate a cup of coffee, OK?  
DexGypMom
[Avatar]
cbjarrett wrote:Hello. A new iWin friend and I were discussing our inability to save up enough opals to buy the big-ticket items (specifically, I was talking about the bar), because we want to spend them too soon. As we were chatting back and forth she came up with a brilliant idea to begin a support group for we "opalholics". I thought that it would be even better if she and I were to head up this group, so to speak,(doing so for the good of the iWin Hotel, of course) and do so happily by way of payment in......uh huh, more opals. What do ya think? LOL

Nice try CB -- got to hand it to you for its originality but I think NOT. It's like starting a group for people who want to quit smoking where you get all their confiscated cigarettes and your friend gets all the lighters. Tsk, Tsk ladies. If at first you don't succeed....try, try again.

•••MaryBeth

Volunteer Forum Moderator

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sat, 6 Jul 2013 21:56

Dinismurf
[Avatar]
I'm Dinismurf & I'm an opalholic, but I'm NOT ready to quit yet.

And Hank, if you're looking at this as an opportunity to pull (why does that not surprise me?!), maybe you're in the wrong place: apparently the highest concentration of hot women is in the eating disorders meetings.  
justhank
[Avatar]
hi, my name is justhank, and i'm an opalholic ...............

just for today, i will not say anything about the two hottest women around.
this is an anonymous group and Dinismurrrrrrrrrfff ! and Dexgypmama wouldn't appreciate me saying anything about them they're "MOD"est.
so just for today. they are off limits. one day at a time.

grant me the serenity too,
except the things i can't change
and encourage to change with the ones that i can
and with dumb jokes. who knows the difference?

(i) keep coming back
(to see what happens next)

and that's not an emoticon, that's "i" as in understood. "i" keep coming back .
i'm not crazy, and neither am I. ..... i have a problem, don't judge me.  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Fri, 11 Sep 2009 20:31

Dinismurf
[Avatar]
Not so sure about this 'just for today, they are off limits', Hank.

You obviously aren't taking me & Dex seriously enough when we get stern with you. Can't think why.

But be careful: any more of your mischief and we will set The Duck on you. And NO-ONE messes with her.  
justhank
[Avatar]
hi my name is justhank, and i'm an opalholic

for you "newcomers", let me go over the meeting protocol.

1. if you wish to say something, you must identify yourself by saying, "my name is ............... i'm an opalholic."
if you don't want to speak, you don't have to. sit down. shut up. and listen.

2.we use certain phrases to emphisize our methods to stay away from our addictive behavior. such as
"ONE DAY AT A TIME" and "JUST FOR TODAY" because we can be successful step by step, day by day. that's enough for one day.
tomorrow isn't here yet. so ...... "dont worry about the problems of tomorrow, todays are sufficient" ......jesus

3. we end with a serenity prayer (the real version)

lord grant me the serenity to accept the things i can't change,
the courage to change the things that I can.
and the wisdom to know the difference.

when i have to explain the joke , it just doesn't have that "rim shot/symbol" delivery that i'm trying to do.
but if your going to sic that Duck on me, then the joke isn't what it was quacked up to be. (prrrumpum....tssshhhh!) rimshot/symbol... c'mon people.

not that i know anything about ...... what? ......12 step program.  
Dinismurf
[Avatar]
My name is Dinismurf and I'm an opalholic AND a moderator.

And i was joking last time too.

(Sorry for the failure to follow protocol though: which step is making amends?)  
cbjarrett
[Avatar]
Hello, my name is cbjarrett, and I, too, am an opalholic
Thanks to justhank for covering details of meeting protocol. First and foremost, admitting that you are an opalholic.......which is the most difficult and number 1 of the 12-step program.......
#1 - Admit that you are powerless over opals (in future let's
simplify and refer to this as POO) and that your life has become
unmanageable.
#2 - Coming to understand that a Power greater than ourselves can
restore our sanity.

That is where we should be at the early stages of our group........

(Dinismurf, we'll cover making amends with step #9; God forbid we don't need to add any confusion to such a delicate issue.)

I believe another known phrase to help in overcoming our addiciton is "keep it simple stupid", or KISS. For now those should be our two areas of cencentration.......POO and KISS.

Now would anyone like to share their thoughts on how we can get through step #2?

Joanietreb, are you ready to take the floor yet?

emcall
[Avatar]
My name is Em. This POO and KISS stuff is weird. I mean, the kissin' seems fun, but the poo.... well...I'm not too sure about that.
And anyway, I'm just here cause I drove my good friend.
Like I said before..... I am not an opalholic.
I can quit any time I want to.  
joanietreb
[Avatar]
Hello, my name is joanietreb and i am an opalholic. Thank you CB for allowing me to share. I admit i am POO and my life has become unmanageable. Losing sleep to earn more opals is damaging my life. Friends tell me to GAL (get a life). Em, can i get a ride home to my 'puter?  
cdelane
[Avatar]
Hi, I am Zoey and I am an Opalholic. I calculated how many hours I had to play games to accumulate all the opals I have won, and, well, its not good at all. I need help! I am willing to join the Addiction group! Or should I wait until I get to the penthouse? I need Opals!  
joanietreb
[Avatar]
Hello, my name is joanie t and i am an opalholic. Working on step #2 isn't easy because i feel sanity it over rated. I would have to be crazy to want to be sane Going shopping now, anyone want to come with?  
danopatti
[Avatar]
hello joanie i 4 1 love 2 shop so just let me know when.  
emom1st
[Avatar]
Hello, My name is Doris and I am the MOTHER OF PEARL of Opal addiction. Today I speak to you not as the M.O.P. but as a fellow addict. My friends to climb my way up to the not so grand Penthouse, I played games,bought games, bought my children games, bought my children's children games,and then played even more games. I've purchased them, I've even took other peoples left over opals.(not really) But my bottom came when I was seen rummaging through the hotel dumpster for damaged, dropped or otherwise disguarded opals. So aside from joining this group I have another possible solution to this awful addiction and that is if someone that has purchased video camera with opals could set it up for my next dumpster dive so that my witnesses can be caught on tape and punished accordingly. Thank you.  
justhank
[Avatar]
hi my name is justhank, and i'm an opalholic.

after much thought, i have decided to make myself available to any one who is interested in a sponsor or higher power. (ok that takes care of step #12)
i only ask that you be willing, and open to suggestions, (female, keep a secret, likes walks along the shore, piano players, do anything for opals, thinks i'm cute).

that's all. if i can be of any ass istance, i am here for you. send me a pm if you're shy

thank you for letting me be of service.  
cbjarrett
[Avatar]
justhank, justhank, justhank. . . .there you go again throwing two addictions into one. No can do, man.  
blw2
[Avatar]
ok, I admit it, I am also an opalholic! I also can quit anytime i want.........Uh, Anybody have an opal???  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sat, 6 Jul 2013 21:58

emcall
[Avatar]
Hi, my name is Em, and I am NOT an opalholic. Not to be judgmental, but there are several people missing from this meeting. And I think we all know who they are. Is it inappropriate to drag them to the meeting? I mean, I'm not even an opalholic, and I'm here to support you all. I can drive, get coffee, provide tissues when someone gets a little teary, pat you on the back, hold your hand ...or go drag in the ones who are still missing. Whattaya think? Should we round up the slackers, and have an intervention?

(Maybe soon, I'll be able to come out of denial, myself.)

And JustHank, I would like to commend you on your step 12 accomplishment. Shady though it may seem, you're at least working on it. I'm sure you'll make a fine sponsor for some sweet wayward gir.... I mean, some nice person.

sophidia
[Avatar]
Yeah, maybe maybe I am too,
Because I hate It that I hate it
that I get no opals for playing 3 rounds of WS
or playing JQ seeing all those promising awards going by
you won 50 opals, 100 opals. Opal greedy like Dagobert Duck
I count all of it together, wow 490 opals all mine, all mine.
No they aren't because you won't get them only 38.
Disapointment greedyness yeah, maybe I am too  
justhank
[Avatar]
hi my name is justhank and i'm an opalholic.

protocol people. it only works if you stick to the program. read the literature.
i was thinking of starting a halfway house ...... for girls that go all the way.
god bless 'em. .. how can people be so heartless.
well not me. i support unwed mothers. i better sit down.

(thank you hank for following protocol. you're working your program. ..... you're welcome hank. and you're looking sharp btw. how about a cup of coffee? i'm buying ....................)  
Dinismurf
[Avatar]
I'm Dinismurf & I'm an opalholic... and I'm worried about who's going to take care of all those wayward girls, now that Hank will have his hands full w/ Cherry (see thread about Private Messaging).

I hate to say this, but maybe someone better call Caboose & Wingman.  
emcall
[Avatar]
My name is Em, and I am not an opalholic.
Hey, are we allowed to have beer in these meetings?
If not, I doubt we can get Caboose and Wingman to sponsor the wayward girls.

And, JustHank. Congrats. Be a gentleman.  
justhank
[Avatar]
my name is justhank and i'm an opalholic.

where's my anonymity ? i know i had it when i came in.

call who? please! there is just one hank.
do not compare me with anyone or two ... for thier sakes.

Dini, you mischievious smurf. i know ..... you're proud of me .... you just want every one to know.
i wove you too. now get back up on that pedastel .... go on .... all the way ... i mean ... to the top.
my world wouln't be round without you .... up there.

Em, thank you. i am.  
caboose22
[Avatar]
Did someone say beer?  
justhank
[Avatar]
my name is justhank and i'm an opalholic.

hey! caboose,get in here.
do me a favor dont **** with my friends head.
man up. or tell me i'm wrong.
i feel much better.

now, buddy ...let's go find that beer.

serenity now.

(Edited by Dinismurf to remove part of an obscene word.

Couldn't you just have said 'mess with' her head, JH?)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sun, 13 Sep 2009 17:11

caboose22
[Avatar]
Opalholic Hank,

I am THE COOLEST MAN, so no need to man up
Plus I have no idea what your talking about

I need cookies with my beer  
momaie
[Avatar]
I too am an opalholic; I sit at my computer when I should be working thinking of how to decorate & then of course I need more opals so I play & then I decorate & then I need more opals...so that is that. Step #1 complete...now what is that next step?

oohh, there's cabinets! need more opals! oops, well I did admit I was an opalholic...must go play now! Be back to deal with step #2 later!

Help, I need a sponsor to help me resist!  
jewelicious
[Avatar]
Hi. I just recently realised my opal addiction. It was a stormy night and it was very late. My right hand caressing the mouse, I waited in agitated anticipation for my next session of Jewel Quest to start. I heard the music and Voila my game appeared. (I only needed 35 more opals for a picture frame)Excitedly I played and when I finally quit I had raised 85 opals. "Frajous Day" I cried. Without hesitation I tried to log in. I recieved a message saying that the server was down and to try again later. Aargh I was dashed! I started to mutter profanities under my breath. I shook the mouse and yelled "Why!" at the computer. It was then I realised the extent of my illness.  
justhank
[Avatar]
hi my name is justhank and i'm an opalholic.

"we try to make ammends where possible ........." (I hate this step)

i made a big mistake. and i want to publicly apologize to mr. CABOOSE22.

i am telling everyone that i have no business in his business. and this was not the place to display my stupidity.

please do not think any less of CABOOOSE22 for that would be a mistake.

this is not a joke.[/size]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Tue, 15 Sep 2009 03:49

klongx2
[Avatar]
LMAO to jewelicious!!! Sounds like a person I know!  
emcall
[Avatar]
Hi. My name is Em and I am an opalholic.

There, I've admitted it.

I was looking through a "Bed, Bath & Beyond" catalog yesterday, admiring the merchandise, and taking note of the things I would love to have for my house. But, no, wait a minute, I'm not thinking of my house, I'm thinking of my hotel rooms. "Oh, great," I think to myself, "I have finally crossed the line." I was trying to decorate my virtual hotel rooms from a real-world catalog. I found this great rug that would match the linens on the new canopy bed, and some new linens that would cover up the old yukky ones on the other beds.

I kid you not, people, I was actually doing that. Have I lost it, or what?  
cbjarrett
[Avatar]
Hello, my name is Cindy, and I am an opalholic........still.
I've caught the dickens of late from a few people who've noticed I don't attend meetings often. Fact is, I had hit rock bottom one day about a week ago while playing JQ (even tho I prefer WS, but it doesn't want to pay me ANY opals at this time for who knows why), and I was going to town, ya know, earning those silvers.....was close to the 100 mark as the clock was ticking. I have a glass computer desk, it was hot, and my arm was literally sweaty. I was zippidy doo da-ing with my silver collecting, and my mouse went flying off the desk ! Getting a visual? Of course, it was funny, but I was bummed that I only got 50 bonus opals instead of 100. I think that's about when I decided to allow our Higher Power come into play. From that point I've been actually accomplishing "real world" things. Basic things like washing my car, going to friends' houses for dinner, baking boo-koo loaves of zuchinni bread finishing accumulated laundry, spending time with my grandson, etc. Needless to say, I've been working on my 13th floor forever as it will take me 25 hours of gameplay just to earn enough for the sofa I need on that floor. Admiittedly, however, I've aquired something of a new addiction but it fortunately doesn't take up the hours as does being POO., and that is facebook's farmville. I finally gave in to friends and started my little farm, my town, and even my yoville....not nearly as time consuming, but I've had to actually set my alarm to harvest crops in time. What has this world come to? What has my world come to? Mercy. Em......your virtual catalog shopping, I feel certain, is nothing many of us haven't done as well. Not to worry.
Bottom line, it's imperative that we get off of our keisters, take care of thour real worlds, and figure out a way to move on to step #4 -- "Make and search a fearless moral inventory of ourselves". Would anyone like to share their thoughts on this step?? (Hank, I'm sure you surely have something to offer here.)

Be strong people.  
emcall
[Avatar]
Hi, my name is Em and I am an opalholic.

Cindy, thanks for the inspiration. I am glad you did real world things this week. You have inspired me to do another load of laundry. I have already planned to actually cook dinner tonight. Hubby and son will be thrilled.  
caboose22
[Avatar]
What did you cook for dinner Emall?

Cbjarrett, try Dog World, Green Spot, Super Poke Pets and Yoville.
And working over 60 hours a week.

I need Beer

justhank
[Avatar]
my name is justhank and i am an opalcoholic

believe it or not. you are well on your way to step five. you too em. but not with that catalog. try this one ......it's titled "My Life".
i'm sure we all have a copy check to see if it's the current edition. when you page thru it, highlight the sections you find trubling and those that you like reading;
thats it your done with step 4. you told us about it thats #5...#6  isbetween you and god . no, not me...the real one .
now the tough part. alot of people make a mistake here. so pay attention. #8 it says "willing", doesn't say go out there and make a fool of yourself. just be willing.
i have had an unbelievable week. i hope you are as lucky

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mon, 21 Sep 2009 18:02

emcall
[Avatar]
Hi my name is Em, and I am an opalholic.

Caboose, I cooked Baked chicken legs, broccoli, corn on the cob, cornbread, and tea. Sorry, no beer, no cookies. Maybe next time. My guys were pleased, though.

JustHank, thanks for the info. Will try to follow it best I can. Glad to know I don't have to go out and make a blithering idiot of myself. Have done that too many times already. And, btw, your introduction was for the wrong meeting. This is opalholics.... remember? But that's ok. I'm sure a lot of folks in here qualify for both.

And since your anonimity was sacrificed a few meetings ago, I may as well go ahead and ask.......how did this weekend go with "u-know-who"? You can PM me if necessary. I won't tell a soul.  
justhank
[Avatar]
my name is justhank and i'm an opalholic

anonimity not here. Em let me just say that life can be a bowl of anonimity. you knowwho is a wonderful person. .can you keep a seret?....................

................So can I.

just for today ......... i will run my own program. and let others do the same .........just for today.  

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mon, 21 Sep 2009 18:03

sophidia
[Avatar]
Hooray, thanks too Iwin Iam almost cured from my opal addiction
Almost.......
They look very well after there addicted players
to make sure they get no other opal addicted ones
Just like it is with smoking, If you can't because there is no opportuny
to do so, in they end you learn to live without it
Thanks again Iwin, I am almost clean, almost  
jamgrass
[Avatar]
Hello....my name is Jamgrass, and I am an Opalholic....

Booksdar has a meeting going on tonight just for people like us,on her 15th Floor.

Please feel free to join us there !!

PS ....If someone could post the link, I'd appreciate it, as I can't seem to do it!

Thanks!  

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Wed, 18 Nov 2009 15:45

DexGypMom
[Avatar]

Here you go: Opalholic Meeting on Bookdars 15th Floor

Enjoy yourselves.

•••MaryBeth

Volunteer Forum Moderator

jamgrass
[Avatar]
Thank you so much !!!  
lionesss24
[Avatar]
I am 'almost' clean too Sophidia
I've been playing from BelleVue in the country for a few days now,or has it been a week already or did I already say that? no I didn't already say THAT.
I am getting better, at what I don't know,that's what they tell me.  
LadyEarthquake
[Avatar]
Hi - I'm Sharon and still a bit new to the Hotel and I've noticed right off the bat that I'm an opalholic. I really don't mind it - now, but I'm sure at some point, things will get out of hand so I appreciate all the support I can get.  
jamgrass
[Avatar]
Hi Sharon !

Nice to meet you~ we are here for you anytime you need us !  
ladyjanew
[Avatar]
Mary-Beth I am feeling very ill at ease about the way this thread is being compared to an A.A. or N.A. meeting. I know no one is purposely trying to be disrespectful or insensitive, but these meetings run on Anonimity, which is for the protection of the members of these lifesaving groups. I am asking desperately for the post's to be written w/o any outlines to programs that have changed many lives from the gutter to a clean, stable, and healthy world that involve individuals and families. I would like to inform that sometimes when these people are feeling vulnerable, reading something like these posts could create a threat to their Sobriety. These souls work at times with every fiber of their beings to maintain normalcy day to day, I'm sure other's would rather support them than, place risks before them. I Thank any one who responds positively to this, from the bottom of my heart!!!  
cbjarrett
[Avatar]
Truly no offense to anyone whatsoever involved with the AA or a NA programs in any way shape or form.....I have close friends and family members who have battled with addictions, gone through or continue to rely on the program to get through on a day to day basis, and I have utmost respect for the program and its successes......several of these people have read this site and find it very humorous. These people are also able to laugh at themselves....something of which is healthy if not taken to extreme.
And, if you do not feel that "gaming", such as gambling, etc. is not a real addiction, you are mistaken. Addicitions are addictions.....and the twelve steps are the twelve steps. I honestly hope this post has helped a few to spend a bit more time with their families or other responsibilities and less time playing games. Many issues need to be looked at on a less serious, lighter side. Opal addiction being one of them. I could see the possibility of offense being taken by an AA member, but the liklihood of it being a threat to their sobriety seems quite unlikely. I don't know, ladyjanew, I truly do not want to sound like an insensitive beech, but i'm thinking you may be taking this all a bit too seriously and may need to lighten up a bit.  
sophidia
[Avatar]
ladyjanew wrote:Mary-Beth I am feeling very ill at ease about the way this thread is being compared to an A.A. or N.A. meeting. I know no one is purposely trying to be disrespectful or insensitive, but these meetings run on Anonimity, which is for the protection of the members of these lifesaving groups. I am asking desperately for the post's to be written w/o any outlines to programs that have changed many lives from the gutter to a clean, stable, and healthy world that involve individuals and families. I would like to inform that sometimes when these people are feeling vulnerable, reading something like these posts could create a threat to their Sobriety. These souls work at times with every fiber of their beings to maintain normalcy day to day, I'm sure other's would rather support them than, place risks before them. I Thank any one who responds positively to this, from the bottom of my heart!!!

Going out and have some wine, dieting for the loss of some weight, sporting to build up some condition, cooking and eating, collecting stuff, working, cleaning the house just some examples, In all of them is a line somewhere between normal activity, hobby or habbit and addiction. Too much of it or driving it too far is the beginning of crossing the line to addiction You don't have to feel ill at ease about this thread. It makes people aware in a humourous way of the dangers of too much gaming or gathering of opals. It can become a time and moneyconsuming addiction. Think about it, Making a sandwich instead of cooking, delaying other work or housework, letting the phone ring, cancel visits, looking for a computer on vacation, debts in phone bills buying opals.Awareness can turn the process before damage is done.  

Forum Index » Hotel iWin Lobby
Go to:   

Sign up now for iWin's weekly newsletter and special promotions and receive a FREE game!

Submit

Thank You!

An email was sent to the address you provided. To redeem your free game, please follow the instructions provided in that email and start playing!

Enjoy!

The iWin Team

We protect your privacy. Review our privacy policy.

is Our games are guaranteed safe and free of viruses and malicious software. We have rigorous internal testing and we are members of the McAfee SECURE program, which ensures that our games are tested externally daily and approved. iWin.com is also Verisign Secured certified and an accredited business by the Better Business Bureau (BBB).

Click logos below for more information.