Remember?: iWin Forums

Reset My User Details

Enter the e-mail address associated with your iWin account, and we will email your username and a link to set a new password.

•  

Set A New Password

Enter the new password for your account.

•  

Welcome back  !

Make life simple!

Connect your Facebook account and enjoy all of iWin's games and benefits!

Connect with Facebook No, thank you
iWin Forums, the place to meet, ask, and chat.

[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Forums Home 

Remember?
Forum Index » Chatter Central
sophidia
[Avatar]
I spent today browsing old tv series all because
of spending time with my family with christmas.
Because sometimes it happens while
doing the dishes talking about last week mobile phones
and music we suddenly walk the memorylane of childhood.
this time about the tv, Only 2 nets. Black and White.
Childrens series on wednesday afternoon
and sunday early evening fighting with dad not about the remote
because we had none. But soccer on two or our series on one.
Like catweazle, thierry the la fronde and floris and sindala,
The rest of the days we used to play outside with the neighbourhoodkids
designing our own stories pretending being floris or any other caracter from the series.
Wish to share a youtube clip of Floris the blond knight a very young
Rutger Hauer we were all mad about.
I am curious about you, what kind of series you used too watch as a kid

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mon, 28 Dec 2009 17:09

ShayeraHol
[Avatar]
Cool show! I'd never heard of it before. Rutger Hauer
was really something back then!

Here in the United States in the 60s-70s, we
watched Sesame Street, Electric Company
(both shows for kids), and when I was in my
early teens, I loved Blackadder, Fawlty Towers,
Faerie Tale Theatre, etc.  
ppineapple
[Avatar]
Ooooh, I love old sitcoms.

My daughter, Pria, watches Disney XD and Disney Channel A LOT.
I like watching cooking shows because I want to cook more than enchiladas, quiche, and pasta.
Sometimes our dog, Mikayla, takes the seat and watches some TV, one time she even watched the NFL, she wouldn't let me change the channel. LOL
My hubby almost watches nothing on TV.  

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mon, 28 Dec 2009 17:36

momaie
[Avatar]
I remember coming home from school and watching Passe-Partout. Later, we had Sunday nights watching Ed Sullivan...oh and Jackie Gleason - The Honeymooners. We had the only television in the village for the longest time so when Hockey Night in Canada came on, the living room would be full of Dad's friends coming over to watch the game! Yes, that was really living it up...grew up in a really small town, village really, so tv was a treat reserved for Sundays and one show after school...  
goofyduck1
[Avatar]
Oh my gosh! Rutger Hauer is one of my favorite actors! I used to tease my husband that he and Rutger could be twins (it was true - scary true how much they looked alike). He has passed away but every time I see Rutger on TV, it brings back all the memories of how much my hubby is missed so thank you - you brought me a lovely Christmas present!  
priviledge
[Avatar]
that was very thoughtful of you to share this memory on you tube. Thanks,even though I didn't remember it. I remember my favorite Tobar the eighth man on channel 48  
mommy40ish
[Avatar]
I remember rushing home from school to watch Dark Shadows - a soap opera about vampires. Anybody else remember that show? My younger brother was a Sea Hunt addict but we both watched Lassie. I also remember liking My Mother the Car and My Favorite Martian, lol! God I AM old!  
lionesss24
[Avatar]
same here mommy40ish and The Ed Sullivan Show , Batman LOL
Mickey Mouse Club and my favorite on Sunday nights/evening was watching the Wonderful World of Disney in living color LOL !!
It was always a real treat when it was a cartoon feature instead of Charley the Cougar or Fess Parker as Davey Crockett ! : o)  
joanietreb
[Avatar]
lionesss24 wrote:same here mommy40ish and The Ed Sullivan Show , Batman LOL
Mickey Mouse Club and my favorite on Sunday nights/evening was watching the Wonderful World of Disney in living color LOL !!
It was always a real treat when it was a cartoon feature instead of Charley the Cougar or Fess Parker as Davey Crockett ! : o)

Remember whispering "please let it be Fantasyland"? We got tv when i was 10 yrs, and was allowed to eat cereal in living room while Roy Rogers, HopalongCassidy, and the Lone Ranger was on, then neighborhood kids would ride our bikes around pretending they were horses. 4 yrs later, it was a must to watch American Bandstand, classmates and i used to visit the show, but we would usually sit in the bleachers and look at Justine, she seemed so sophisticated, lol.  
ponycarmom
[Avatar]
i grew up watching magilla gorilla, casper, flintstone's, popeye the sailor man, batman, lassie, flipper, gentle ben, then got older sonny and cher show, american bandstand, the midnight special with wolfman jack, soul train, yeah, i'm old too! lol.  
goofyduck1
[Avatar]
Anybody remember Sheriff John? Or Sky King? And then there was Rifleman and H. R. Puff 'n Stuff. Loved those shows.  
lionesss24
[Avatar]
I remember watching most ALL of those shows !
!CALGON TAKE ME AWAY!
LMBO !  
jamgrass
[Avatar]
Thanks for bringing up the Rifleman series, Goofy!
Anyone else remember the Rifleman Toy Gun ?
THis is embarrassing, but heck, it happened sooo long ago:
My sister is 4 years older than me, and when she was 12, Mom had to take us shopping for her first bra.
I was very jealous, and wanted a bra, too ! I was 8 & very much a tomboy.
My dad made me an offer ~ I could get a bra....OR....the new Rifleman Gun that was all the rage.
Of course, I chose the toy gun, and thought I was such a bigshot !  
goofyduck1
[Avatar]
Yep - I remember the rifle - good stuff - although my brother got one and not me But, on the other hand, my mom let me keep all the Cracker-Jacks prizes for a whole month to make up for it.  
mommy40ish
[Avatar]
Our first TV was black and white (in a blond wood console, ohhh those were the days!) - I always thought Captain Kangaroo had a grey jacket and Mr GreenJeans wore black, lol!  
jamgrass
[Avatar]
Does anyone remember the "Uncle Al Show" ?

joanietreb
[Avatar]
The Howdy Doodie Show  
l4dyh4wk2
[Avatar]
I remember racing my brother home from school, who ever got to the front door first got to choose what we watched.
I loved Dark Shadows & he always picked Ultra Man... luckily i won most odf the time

We also would watch Get Smart, The Man from U.N.C.L.E., Mission Impossible, Dragnet, Courtship of Eddie's Father, Munsters, Addams family, Sally Star & Chief Halftown to name a few  
sophidia
[Avatar]
jamgrass wrote:Does anyone remember the "Uncle Al Show" ?

Because I was curious I looked it up on you tube.
It lookes a little like "ome willem" much later in the Netherlands
I guess "ome Willem" got inspired by uncle Al

sophidia
[Avatar]
Ome Willem (Uncle Willem)

honk1
[Avatar]
Saturdays was Black Furry, Captain Kangaroo.  
honk1
[Avatar]
the flying nun  
honk1
[Avatar]
the patty duke show  
honk1
[Avatar]
dark shadows, the monkeys, the partridge family  
honk1
[Avatar]
sundays was lassie, and the walt disney show. ed sullivan show, the bob hope show  
goofyduck1
[Avatar]
The Red Skelton Show and the Danny Kay Show were my favorites.

My dad loved Klem Kaddlehopper and collected every sad-faced clown he could find, paintings, figurines, magnets, ornaments, you name it. And he got a signed painting from Red Skelton (Red was a brilliant artist for those who didn't know). It was his most treasured position.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Tue, 12 Jan 2010 02:49

hjhamnd
[Avatar]
Loved alll those shows!!! Remember Wild Kingdom, Scooby-doo (the original..thank you very much) and the Groovy Ghoulies..loved Weirdo Wolfie...The Brady Bunch, I Dream of Jeanie, Bewitched and The Munsters. Dad always liked Dragnet, Rifleman and Gunsmoke, Bonanza and The Virginian.  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Wed, 13 Jan 2010 00:33

Lillybooboo
[Avatar]
We were made to watch Gunsmoke everytime it came on. But on Saturdays...does anyone remember the Bug-a-Loo's. Or the Bananna Spits. I still sing the Bug-a-Loo's song.
The Bug a Loo's
The Bug a Loo's
Their in the Air every where
Flying High, Flying Low
And I love the Flintstones....I had a Pebbles's doll...so cute.  
honk1
[Avatar]
I grew up watching 98% of all mentioned, I will say it, we are all old. Why cant we get these sereis on DVD or the like. Good healthy family programs. Like Leave it to Beaver and all others mentioned.  
marykruger
[Avatar]
honk1 wrote:I grew up watching 98% of all mentioned, I will say it, we are all old. Why cant we get these sereis on DVD or the like. Good healthy family programs. Like Leave it to Beaver and all others mentioned.

Let's all call the Cable guy ! Maybe he can dig them up and start a NEW- OLD -T .V. enjoyment craz. Or is it crazz ? Or just crazy like me?
I would Love it. However, it might slow down the i-win game playing . I do this in place of good T. V.

Perky  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Tue, 26 Jan 2010 12:51

joanietreb
[Avatar]
What is this TV thing of which you speak? I seem to remember some sort of machine in the den that had pictures on it and you needed a mouse to change locations, but hubby always wanted to hold the device, so now it is lost  
sophidia
[Avatar]
ha ha Joanie, you are younger than you think remembering a mouse to change locations
the first one i remember had a button for on/off and 2 buttons to change locations. so stand up push button 1
because button 2 had sports most of the time. Sit down wave your hand trying to remove someone in front of tv pushing button 2
stand up push button 1 sit down.Pillowfight  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Tue, 26 Jan 2010 14:37

goofyduck1
[Avatar]
Does anybody remember Sky King? Loved that show, too. Along with Sea Hunt.  
pandie1
[Avatar]
omg haven't thought of those shows in years....yes I remember both. Use to watch both  
joanietreb
[Avatar]
Sophia, actually do remember push-pull button now that you mention it. Also dial for channels 4,5,7,9 & 26. But no pillowfights here as it was only Mom and me watching-guess who made the choices, lol  
joanietreb
[Avatar]
Mom used to watch soap "One Man's Family" (sponsored by Sweetheart soap), The Loretta Young Show, and The Farmer's Daughter - chick tv, no saturday wrestling for us  
pandie1
[Avatar]
Don't remember "One Man's Family" but LOVED The Loretta Young show, I wanted to look just like her! lol Also remember The Farmers Daughter. Thanks for the memories....

sophidia
[Avatar]
When my mum was in the room she was theTV button boss
No pillowfights then. we all watched with her High chapperal and Bonanaza.
Sometimes I was allowed to stay up late and watched
with her the very scary The Avengers, one of her favorite programs.
Or the less scary and handsome the Saint

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Wed, 27 Jan 2010 15:04

goofyduck1
[Avatar]
And the Big Valley and Rawhide!  
sophidia
[Avatar]
goofyduck1 wrote:And the Big Valley and Rawhide!

Ofcourse Rawhide, I forgot.
The first english words we tried to speak while playing outside cowboy with the neighbourhoodkids
were probably "hiddum up movum out"

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Wed, 27 Jan 2010 15:53

joanietreb
[Avatar]
Pandie1 - your avatar looks like Loretta Young, coincidence?
Sophia - Little Joe didn't speak Dutch? How disappointing.
Does anyone remember the title of show that had someone trapped in a big bubble on the water, believe it was from UK like Avengers
Goofy - Was Rawhide the one with James Arness  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Wed, 27 Jan 2010 22:12

momaie
[Avatar]
I remember so many of those shows!

And now for a Canadian moment, any canucks out there remember The Beachcombers? Don Messer's Jubilee (my daughter's dance teacher actually made his dancing tv debut on that show...)? How about Wayne & Shuster? We laughed ourselves silly watching those 2 guys...of course there were the kids shows - The Friendly Giant and Mr. Dressup, Chez Helene as well...ah memories!

But now I feel old thinking about how long ago those shows were on...  

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Wed, 27 Jan 2010 22:42

goofyduck1
[Avatar]
joanietreb wrote:Pandie1 - your avatar looks like Loretta Young, coincidence?
Does anyone remember the title of show that had someone trapped in a big bubble on the water, believe it was from UK like Avengers

No I think James Arness was Gunsmoke - Rawhide was Clint Eastwood (obviously that dates me but I'm not telling lol).

And The Flying Nun and The Patty Duke Show and Gidget . . .

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Thu, 28 Jan 2010 01:09

sophidia
[Avatar]
joanietreb wrote:Pandie1 - your avatar looks like Loretta Young, coincidence?

Was a clown involved with the underwaterbuble?
No not disappointing, exciting and it was Clint !

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Thu, 28 Jan 2010 03:39

pandie1
[Avatar]
lol joanietreb, my avatar really does look like me, but wish it did look more like Loretta Young. I think the show you might be think of was called The Prisoner with Patrick McGoohan. It was shown in the UK  
jewelicious
[Avatar]
pandie1 wrote:lol joanietreb, my avatar really does look like me, but wish it did look more like Loretta Young. I think the show you might be think of was called The Prisoner with Patrick McGoohan. It was shown in the UK

A few years ago I watched the old Prisoner series. I really loved it. I just recently saw the new one and well, not so much.  
jewelicious
[Avatar]
momaie wrote:I remember so many of those shows!

And now for a Canadian moment, any canucks out there remember The Beachcombers? Don Messer's Jubilee (my daughter's dance teacher actually made his dancing tv debut on that show...)? How about Wayne & Shuster? We laughed ourselves silly watching those 2 guys...of course there were the kids shows - The Friendly Giant and Mr. Dressup, Chez Helene as well...ah memories!

But now I feel old thinking about how long ago those shows were on...

I remember mr. Dressup and the friendly giant with rusty the rooster. I always thought rusty was a little obnoxious and That girl puppet on Mr. Dressup was pretty obnoxious too. I remember (although this is not canadian) at a very early age staying up late and watching Night Stalker. Needless to say it had a profound affect on my psyche. There were more than a few times my teachers didn't let me read out my stories in elementary school.  
Wolfdove1
[Avatar]
BOY!! Talk about a walk down memory lane. Thanks so much! We ddn't get tv till I was 12. But it was still black & white. A few of us went to a friends house. He had the "color screen" anyone remember that. A plastic film to put over the tv screen. Three colors. Blue at top for sky- red for skin- green for grass. Really looked dumb when watching cartoons. But it made a color tv. lol. I rushed to see Mighty Mouse. The coolest dude to handle the villians. After we got our own tv I couldn't wait to see Ricky Nelson. & Father Knows Best. Can't remember her name but she sang Johnny Angel. Also Zorro! Of course the cowboy shows were the tops. Singing included. Tried telling my grands about them, they looked at me like I was crazy! Maybe I am-- but what a wonderful way to be. Thanks for the Memories.! (another one)  
goofyduck1
[Avatar]
Oh -- that reminds me of the Gene Autry Show (he sang I think) and the Lone Ranger and The Roy Rogers Show where he and Dale Evans sang.

Where oh where did all these great shows go? All that is on now are stupid comedies, crime drama or legal shows (don't get me wrong - I love the Mentalist and The Good Wife and the CSI series) - but still - a good cowboy show like Bonanza or Gunsmoke or the Rifleman or something would be a refreshing change. Or something like Sea Hunt or something based on the movies Logan's Run or The Island - anything would be a good thing. lol

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Fri, 29 Jan 2010 22:40

pandie1
[Avatar]
The last good cowboy series I remember was Paradise. It was a weekly show with Lee Horsley & Amelia Lawson. 1988-1991.
(I looked the dates up lol) I thought it was great and sorry they took it off the air.
Now decided I wanted to find this show on DVD. Found other old westerns I remember.
Does anyone remember: Cheyenne, Have Gun Will Travel, Laredo, and Branded?  

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sat, 30 Jan 2010 06:04

Forum Index » Chatter Central
Go to:   

Sign up now for iWin's weekly newsletter and special promotions and receive a FREE game!

Submit

Thank You!

An email was sent to the address you provided. To redeem your free game, please follow the instructions provided in that email and start playing!

Enjoy!

The iWin Team

We protect your privacy. Review our privacy policy.

is Our games are guaranteed safe and free of viruses and malicious software. We have rigorous internal testing and we are members of the McAfee SECURE program, which ensures that our games are tested externally daily and approved. iWin.com is also Verisign Secured certified and an accredited business by the Better Business Bureau (BBB).

Click logos below for more information.