What Kind Of Cake Do You Like?: iWin Forums

Welcome back  !

Make life simple!

Connect your Facebook account and enjoy all of iWin's games and benefits!

Connect with Facebook No, thank you
iWin Forums, the place to meet, ask, and chat.

[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Forums Home 

What Kind Of Cake Do You Like?
Forum Index » Chatter Central
ppineapple
[Avatar]
Ok, this topic is not multiple choice. If you like cake, come into this topic. Which cake mtyastes good for you? You don't have to say why, if you do, it's still fine to do that. Well, my favorite cake is pretty obvious, pineapple upside-down cake. Yum.  

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Wed, 17 Apr 2013 05:24

uhuru1701
[Avatar]
That's my favorite cake, too! And I have special secrets to make my pineapple-uposide down cake super delicious and irresistable and unforgettable.  
ponycarmom
[Avatar]
chocolate cake with chocolate frosting! chocolate is a life saver for me.  
MadamePat
[Avatar]
Boston Creme Pie (It's made with cake...lol)  
patouv@ffmc
[Avatar]
WOW What a great topic!
I love cakes, all kinds of cakes. Cheesecakes, strawberry shortcakes, triple chocolate...You name it, i love it! lol
I've always been a cake lover and a chocolate addict. Just the pictures of them makes my brain react, i can almost taste them.
I've never been hard to please on my birthday ...ok. enough now, have to change my mind fast...see you...
patouv  
goofyduck1
[Avatar]
Cheesecake - there is nothing better and I've got the thighs to prove it LOL  
DexGypMom
[Avatar]

Our family favorite comes from a handed-down-through-the-generations recipe: Vienna Torte. It is to die for..... My father always wanted it for his birthday. So my mother always made it for him and there was no such thing as giving guests pieces to go home with, that's what the other cakes were for. The rest was HIS. God, I miss him so.

~MaryBeth

Volunteer Forum Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Fri, 21 Aug 2009 08:30

reiy
[Avatar]
i like rainbow cake with choclate icing and ice cream inside  
momaie
[Avatar]
Mine is Queen Elizabeth cake (made with dates) covered in sucre à la crème icing (made with brown sugar & butter - old french recipe) lightly broiled with coconut on top! Just like my grandma used to make...sooooo gooood!  
MadamePat
[Avatar]
Okay....I just have to try Dex's Vienna Torte and momaie's Queen Elizabeth cake. they sound great!!! lol  
puzzlfrk53
[Avatar]
That's a hard one! Hmmm........let's see: Anything chocolate, tiramisu, cheesecake, coffee cake, dump cake, ice cream cake, chocolate lava cake, spice cake, lemon cake, date cake, you name it. However, I don't like coconut cake  
joanietreb
[Avatar]
So hard to pick just one, but I suppose my very favorite is vanilla Wedding cake with butter cream frosting. The celebration of the wedding takes it over the top for favorites.  
redsonya2
[Avatar]
i like german chocolate cake mmmm  
AnnabethChase09
[Avatar]
I like cheesecake it is soo good but its really filling from all the cheese. Tiramisu, pound cake and ice cream cakes are also pretty yummy.  
jamgrass
[Avatar]
Cakes are Great !!
Love them all, but my favorite is a rather "healthy" (yeah, right!!) choice: Carrot Cake !!! YUMMY!!  
puzzlfrk53
[Avatar]
Yes, yes, Yes! My mother had the BEST recipe ever for carrot cake.! I really miss her....  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mon, 24 Aug 2009 23:30

green-apple
[Avatar]
Mango upside down cake with brown sugar tasty  
007ofnine
[Avatar]
My mom loves pineapple upside down cake, and for her birthday a couple years ago, I bought her a whole one just for herself.

I like devil's food and german chocolate cake, the chocolatier the better.

jewelicious
[Avatar]
A firm white cake with a lemon chiffon center, covered in a silky white vanilla icing. Yum  
Zombing
[Avatar]
CHOCOLATE FUDGE CAKE with a massive gooey choccie filling!!!
Yummmmm.  
emcall
[Avatar]
White Chocolate Charlotte, German Chocolate, and/or Hummingbird Cake. Yummmmm!!!!!!!!
Oh, great...now I'm hungry for cake. I gotta go to the store, guys. C ya.  
ggbettes
[Avatar]
There really isn't a cake I don't like...narrowing down the possibilities: Carrot cake (by the way my nickname is Bunny...lol), Cherry Chocolate Fudge cake, and Coconut Pineapple cake. I have the recipes if anyone is interested.  
tabs2
[Avatar]
well cheesecake is number one one my list. 2nd is white cakes. what am i saying? if you put any kind of cake in front of me. that will be my cake of the day.i dont turn down cake. lol  
maestroclique
[Avatar]
I'm in Sydney, Australia so naturally my favourite cake is a traditional Australian dessert called a Pavlova. It has a crisp meringue shell with a soft fluffy interior which is kind of marshmallow-like in texture. It's normally topped with whipped cream and fresh fruit. Because it's so light, I could eat slice after slice of the stuff without feeling full!  
DexGypMom
[Avatar]

maestroclique --

What you're describing sounds very similar to Schaum Tortes. They are made from egg whites, fine granulated sugar, with a touch of cream of tartar, vanilla, and vinegar, whipped together forming stiff peaks. We make individual servings by using a large tablespoon scooping out about a ¼ cup of the mixture on to wax paper lined cookie sheets and fashioning the tarts into large chocolate chip shapes with the backside of the spoon. They are baked about 20 minutes or a medium-light taupe color in a moderate oven. When cooled, they are topped with thawed frozen strawberries and whipped cream. And they are just as you describe, crunchy-chewy on the outside, marshmellow gooey on the inside and I heard, no calories. Very luscious.

•••MaryBeth

Wingman36
[Avatar]
I like the kind of cake that have women jump out of them.
Those cakes are the coolest  
ShayeraHol
[Avatar]
Yellow cake with Marshmallow creme as icing.

Chocolate cake with butterscotch ice cream topping melted
over it.

Red velvet cake with cream cheese icing.

I'd better stop now, I'm diabetic, lol.  
ppineapple
[Avatar]
Wingman36 wrote:I like the kind of cake that have women jump out of them.
Those cakes are the coolest

lolol XD  
maestroclique
[Avatar]
DexGypMom wrote:
maestroclique --

What you're describing sounds very similar to Schaum Tortes. They are made from egg whites, fine granulated sugar, with a touch of cream of tartar, vanilla, and vinegar, whipped together forming stiff peaks. We make individual servings by using a large tablespoon scooping out about a ¼ cup of the mixture on to wax paper lined cookie sheets and fashioning the tarts into large chocolate chip shapes with the backside of the spoon. They are baked about 20 minutes or a medium-light taupe color in a moderate oven. When cooled, they are topped with thawed frozen strawberries and whipped cream. And they are just as you describe, crunchy-chewy on the outside, marshmellow gooey on the inside and I heard, no calories. Very luscious.

•••MaryBeth

Mmm that description of Schaum Tortes made my mouth water! I'm going to have to get some ingredients together and try making a batch now. Thanks for that DexGypMom!  
ppineapple
[Avatar]
I agree maestroclique. Those are yummy. I have tried it today. Extra yummy and extra fun to eat, lol.  
karma7
[Avatar]
well i dont usally talk about cakes thats kinda weird but anyways... cheese cake is the best lol  
AnGeLlBabie68
[Avatar]
choc with a firm choc frosting or german choc i loveeeeeeeeeee choc lol oh ya and red velvet n my gfs pineapple cake with creme cheese frosting yummmmmm  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sun, 24 Mar 2013 11:03

musical63
[Avatar]
chocolate cake with either chocolate frosting or coffee flavored frosting.
when i got married in 95 my wedding cake was chocolate wth coffee frosting it was soooo yummy  
springmist775
[Avatar]
cheescake and tiramsua  

Forum Index » Chatter Central
Go to: