Something to consider as we come up on Mother's Day: iWin Forums

Welcome back  !

Make life simple!

Connect your Facebook account and enjoy all of iWin's games and benefits!

Connect with Facebook No, thank you
iWin Forums, the place to meet, ask, and chat.

[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Forums Home 

Something to consider as we come up on Mother's Day
Forum Index » Chatter Central
momaie
[Avatar]
We celebrate our moms on that wonderful day; we pamper them, we miss them if they're no longer with us in body although they'll always be there in our hearts, our kids make us silly cards and gifts which we will cherish forever...and some of our hubbys leave us alone to spend the day with the kids and we don't get mad or feel neglected because they've gone off to spend the day with their moms so it's ok...

But as a mom, sometimes we want everything to be perfect and the house ready for guests at all times and the kids all scrubbed and clean...someone sent me this last year and I just came across it again today...definitely makes me stop and think and maybe, just maybe, show all those I love so dearly that I CAN slow down and just sit and breathe in the soft scent of the flowers or fall asleep in the glow of the fireplace, even if there are dishes in the sink and laundry in the machine...
IF I HAD MY LIFE TO LIVE OVER - by Erma Bombeck?
(written after she found out she was dying from cancer).?

I would have gone to bed when I was sick instead of pretending the earth would go into a holding pattern if I weren't there for the day.

I would have burned the pink candle sculpted like a rose before it melted in storage.

I would have talked less and listened more.

I would have invited friends over to dinner even if the carpet was stained, or the sofa faded.

I would have eaten the popcorn in the 'good' living room and worried much less about the dirt when someone wanted to light a fire in the fireplace.

I would have taken the time to listen to my grandfather ramble about his youth.

I would have shared more of the responsibility carried by my husband.

I would never have insisted the car windows be rolled up on a summer day because my hair had just been teased and sprayed.

I would have sat on the lawn with my grass stains.

I would have cried and laughed less while watching television and more while watching life.

I would never have bought anything just because it was practical, wouldn't show soil, or was guaranteed to last a lifetime.

Instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I'd have cherished every moment and realized that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle.

When my kids kissed me impetuously, I would never have said, 'Later. Now go get washed up for dinner.' There would have been more 'I love you's' More 'I'm sorry's.'

But mostly, given another shot at life, I would seize every minute.look at it and really see it....... live it and never give it back. STOP SWEATING THE SMALL STUFF!!!

Don't worry about who doesn't like you, who has more, or who's doing what. Instead, let's cherish the relationships we have with those who do love us!

Happy Mom's Day...just remember to breathe...the air is lovely!  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mon, 3 May 2010 10:46

SueKY0350
[Avatar]
Hi Dee... hope it's alright to add to your tribute. This is one my daughter just sent me.

The Images of Mother

4 YEARS OF AGE - My Mommy can do anything!

8 YEARS OF AGE - My Mom knows a lot! A whole lot!

12 YEARS OF AGE - My Mother doesn't know everything!

14 YEARS OF AGE - My Mother? She wouldn't have a clue.
16 YEARS OF AGE - Mother? She's so five minutes ago.

18 YEARS OF AGE - That old woman? She's way out of date!

25 YEARS OF AGE - Well, she might know a little bit about it!

35 YEARS OF AGE - Before we decide, let's get Mom's opinion.

45 YEARS OF AGE - Wonder what Mom would have thought about it?

65 YEARS OF AGE - Wish I could talk it over with Mom.

momaie
[Avatar]
I love your daughter's list...made me smile , especialy the ones around age 25 & age 35...surprising how much we moms manage to be cool again as our kids get older ... ...  
ShayeraHol
[Avatar]
I really loved the Erma Bombeck list, and the daughter's list
as well. My Mom is an extraordinary human being, and
I'm so lucky to have been born to her. Nothing that I
could write could honor her enough. I hope that everyone
has a Happy Mother's Day!

momaie
[Avatar]
With just a few weeks to go before Mother's Day 2011, I was reminiscing about Mother's Days past...the little handmade cards, the carefully picked knick-knack that my sons found at the nearby dollar store, the burnt toast and spilled orange juice breakfasts in bed, lovingly carried in by my daughters on a pretty tray decorated with paper flowers created by their precious little hands...and the more recent ones, the phone calls with Mother's Day wishes because they are all busy with their lives but know just the sound of their voices makes me smile, the surprise tickets for 2 to stuff only I enjoy so they can sit there and just spend time with me...even if they are bored to tears by chamber music recitals...

I am so proud to have raised 4 delightful, insightful an independent children...and I thank my own Mom for showing me how! I miss you Mom but I see you in my babies faces everyday...Love you!  
notjusthank
[Avatar]
these posts have really touched my soul, tugged at my heart strings. I really really really miss my mother. she's back in America and i'm on the other side of the world. we are not even in the same day for more than a few hours. the chances i get to talk to her must be planned so that she will be awake. I don't call as much as i should, for that reason.....when i think about it, it's way late back home. She is very old and i fear that one day she will not be there to answer the phone. But i make sure that i always call her on Mother's Day, both of them (Mexican Mother's day and the American Mother's Day), her Birthday, and MY birthday (to wish her a happy "Birth Day" and to say "thank you for my life!"). every time i call her, she askes "When are you coming home? Are you Happy? Where are you? ................. I love her very much. she still calls me "kiki" (nickname for all Enriques) ...... I guess if she called me notjusthank i wouldn't be her little boy any more. Even at my age, she can't help but talk to me like her baby, sometimes. It's very funny when she does and of course I love it. After all I am the Baby, And don't you forget it! (ask my older brothers)  
iWinModTeam3
[Avatar]
Happy Mother's Day to all of you, whenever Mother's Day falls where you are !

iWinModTeam  

Forum Index » Chatter Central
Go to: