fashion disasters: iWin Forums

Welcome back  !

Make life simple!

Connect your Facebook account and enjoy all of iWin's games and benefits!

Connect with Facebook No, thank you
iWin Forums, the place to meet, ask, and chat.

[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Forums Home 

fashion disasters
Forum Index » Chatter Central
Dinismurf
[Avatar]
Reading the recommendations of outfits for momaie's daughter's wedding made me think about less successful attempts at fashion statements. We've all been there, in an outfit that looked so good under the flattering lighting of the shop or framed in our bedroom mirror, but was suddenly so obviously so wrong once we got out in public. So, time to confess. What fashion disasters have you been guilty of? Pictures welcome, if you dare!  
justhank
[Avatar]
i had this mini skirt and boots...................

are you kidding? i just saw that no one had the guts to admit they dressed funny. and NnnnnnnnnnOooooooooooo i've never worn a mini skirt and boots.......i don't have any boots that match. and if you aren't going commando, why go at all. right dinismurf?

just hank (just kidding too)  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Fri, 6 Aug 2010 00:56

emcall
[Avatar]
Hey, we were too poor to worry about fashion. My Grandmother made all of our clothes. I hated them, and then grew up to discover all of my cousins were jealous of them. Just goes to show you, we always think the grass in greener on the other side.  
ShayeraHol
[Avatar]
OK, I had a mowhawk when I was 16, and I wore
tees, old jeans and boots until I was about 33. I
didn't discover my feminine side until my mid thirties.

Oh, and don't forget the dead white facial makeup,
the raccoon eyes, and the black fingernails (still
guilty of the last two on occasion).

There was a brief vampire phase about ten years
ago with white contacts and fake fangs. lol

I have an excuse, I was a child of the 80s.  
Dinismurf
[Avatar]
justhank wrote: i've never worn a mini skirt and boots.......i don't have any boots that match. and if you aren't going commando, why go at all.

didn't i hear a rumour that you had a pair of boots that have paint spatters to match every house you've ever decorated, hank? seems they'd match pretty much any colour of mini-skirt - and be perfect camouflage for your commando moments.  
joanietreb
[Avatar]

I'm confused (again). What does wearing boots have to do about "going commando"?  
Dinismurf
[Avatar]
joanietreb wrote:
I'm confused (again). What does wearing boots have to do about "going commando"?

Yes, i'm intrigued to see hank's answer to this one too. I hope Mary-Beth or Dee is hovering over the mod edit button, just in case, as I suspect it will involve an elaborate fantasy...  
justhank
[Avatar]
well everyone knows that mini skirts should be worn with boots, thigh high, perferedly, but no lower than your calf. and it's just more fun to go commando in a mini skirt. so i'm told. here's looking right up your alley! so mini skirt-boots-commando-boots-...............................

...................there i was in the jungle deep, looked up a tree and what did i see?
i wasn't sure but i thought it was looking back at me. .........................
never mind i don't want to get in trouble.

.......................justhank  
joanietreb
[Avatar]

I'm not going to touch that with a ten foot pole.  
Dinismurf
[Avatar]
Phew! No puns about 10-foot poles. Such self-restraint, justhunk!  
joanietreb
[Avatar]

Dini - i think he is just enjoying the fantasy  
emcall
[Avatar]
Dinismurf wrote:Phew! No puns about 10-foot poles. Such self-restraint, justhunk!

Dini... he probably just had to go take a cold shower before he dared trust himself to respond. Good boy, jh!!!  
emcall
[Avatar]
I just noticed you called him "justhunk", Dini. That's really gonna inflate his ego!  
justhank
[Avatar]
alrighty then, now i'm not going to touch that ten foot pole either, "never rub another man's rhubarb" that's my policy .nor am i going to comment on the inflated ego. i wouldn't want to be accused of "assult with a friendly weapon".
i have to start checking in more often, it's alittle too quiet aroound here.

since this is a fashion "thread" i was wondering if you ladies have had any stories about fashion disasters with (i can never remember how to spell this) lingera? (that's not right)....you know ! victoria's secret ........ bythe way she must have a small secret cuz i can't see where she could hide anything, and believe me i'm looking. where was i? ten foot pole? no .(put it away hank) that subject keeps popping up. oh yeah....... i can't imagine much going wrong in the intimate appearal department, from my point of view any way. so who's first? joanie? emcall(me anytime)? smuff...i mean smurf?

there was thi s time in the philipines when i put my thong on backwards ......and nobody noticed. .....oh sorry, ladies first.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Fri, 3 Sep 2010 06:23

Dinismurf
[Avatar]
Don't try to turn this into an excuse to get us to talk about our underwear, however fancy and French you make it sound, JH.  
joanietreb
[Avatar]

Was that JH on A Mabini Street? I gave you two opals because i thought you were begging. Hmmm, small world.  
joanietreb
[Avatar]

Dini, did you get an invite to Dee's daughter's wedding? Mine seems to be lost in the mail.  
Dinismurf
[Avatar]
joanietreb wrote:
Dini, did you get an invite to Dee's daughter's wedding? Mine seems to be lost in the mail.

Now you come to mention it, I realise that I have inexplicably been left off the guestlist too!

Maybe Dee is worried about what kind of evil psycho lurks behind our innocent, freshly-scrubbed avatar's faces (well, yours and mine - not so sure about hank!)
Or it could be that, having boasted about her long legs in the forum, Dee can't bear to have us discover that they are really as short and stumpy as a hobbit's!  
momaie
[Avatar]
Now now ladies! Wedding invites aren't even in the mail yet..Wedding's not 'til November! I promise we'll all have a grand old time...Big party and pics to follow!

But since this topic is about fashion disasters and no one has been brave enought yet to post pics, here we go...Iin hind sight these outfits are a bit much but hey at the time they were very "in"...The lady with the legs is one of my sisters (she's 4 inches shorter than I am and as you can see, long legs run inthe family...lol). The last pic is me in my younger days...faces have been removed to protect our anonimity and our pride...lol We wince everytime we see these!

Now time for someone else to share!  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Tue, 31 Aug 2010 20:46

Dinismurf
[Avatar]
Oh, oh, oh! She might JUST have got away with that dress (the legs do make an effective distraction!) if only she'd had the sense to avoid sitting in a floral armchair!

I can't think of any background that would have worked for the baggy pants wearers, though...

I had a bit of a new romantic phase myself, but I'm glad to say that my worst offence against fashion was not my fault at all.

My mother decided to save on the exorbitant prices of school uniforms at my rather snooty school by having my aunt make me a summer uniform dress. She saved even more by scrimping on the material, so I was the only girl at the school with a mini dress. That might have made me a trendsetter a decade before, but this was the very late seventies, when all my classmates were either practising their John Travolta dance steps or teasing their hair into vaguely punk styles at the bus stop on the way home from school.

As if I didn't already stand out enough, the family had agreed in a fit of celtic patriotism that the dress would look nicer in green than the regulation blue, so in any school gathering, everyone's eyes were instantly drawn to the one patch of green in a sea of blue check.

My misery increased when my mother insisted on my wearing it a SECOND summer, as a further economy measure, despite my having put on a small growing spurt in between. By then it barely covered my none-too-stylish school knickers, let alone my pallid thighs. (I know, justhank, I could have avoided that problem by going commando. What a pity you weren't around then to act as my fashion guru!)

I got a Saturday job after that and bought my own school clothes.  
emcall
[Avatar]
Dee, Dee, Dee. You are brave. Very brave, indeed.
I can't figure out if the black and white number in the middle pic is supposed to be a dalmation or a cow.
Either way, please tell us it's not you. LMAO

And, JH.... about the dainty little lingerie... I can't say what I would say.... 'cause this is a G rated game site. And I'm a G rated girl.

But, on a strictly "financial" note...... it seems a pity to waste good money on such skimpy little pieces of clothing when they aren't even going to stay on more than a few minutes..... that is... if they do their job............if you know what I mean.......and, JH, I am more than sure you know what I mean.  
momaie
[Avatar]
No emcall, that was one of my sisters...although I did own a rather bright yellow/orange floral dress similar to this blue one...A friend of ours was a designer and we were his guinea pigs...He tested fabrics and patterns out on us since we were tall and slim (and very short on money as large families often are..so Mom accepted all donations that would clothe her quickly growing brood, bless her heart) but lordy did he have some wild ideas about colours! I still have a few of his creations though, the simpler ones...and when I want to embarass him, I haul out hese pics and ask him what he was thinking of!

Come on, am I the only one brave enough to share our fashion faux-pas? There must be some pics out there just waiting to be shown to the world...lol

Now ladies, stop egging justhank on...I keep having to keep my fingers over that mod edit button just in case...although I must say you are being good there justhank...no need to edit yet...  
justhank
[Avatar]
i am still trying to figure out what is wrong with the first picture. i like it.
and verbal descriptions just don't cut it. Dinismurf a don't know what you mean, maybe a few pictures would help. like the first picture ...... well that's n ot a good example, i still can't see whats wrong with them, it.

emcall(me anytime), of course i remember, i mean know what you mean. and in my oppinion it's money well spent. after all you don't buy them to save money. and it's about quality time not quantity of time. i think it's almost as much fun watching you get dressed. what's that joke about the honeymoon salad ........ lettuce alone no dressing.

pictures ladies pictures, worth a thousand verbs.....something like that.

momaie if i said you have a beautiful body, would you hold it against me? anybody?

ps i can't believe i got away with it again and nobady noticed

Now justhank, I hadn't really looked at your other posts that closely since I was in a rush but no, you haven't gotten away with it...as you can see I've done a touch of editing...you were being so good too...close to the line but still passable...behave now... Dee, volunteer moderator

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Fri, 3 Sep 2010 06:27

Forum Index » Chatter Central
Go to: