What's your favorite animal?: iWin Forums

Welcome back  !

Make life simple!

Connect your Facebook account and enjoy all of iWin's games and benefits!

Connect with Facebook No, thank you
iWin Forums, the place to meet, ask, and chat.

[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Forums Home 

What's your favorite animal?
Forum Index » Chatter Central
emcall
[Avatar]
I like almost all animals. Not a fan of spiders, though. I worked in a veterinary hospital 70s & 80s. Decided then that I loved all cats. Even the hairless ones. And I decided that there were several breeds of dog that I definitely did not want to own. My three favorite dogs are Norwegian Elkhounds, Rhodesian Ridgebacks, and Standard Poodles. I have owned all three, and absolutely adored them. Have always had cats. They keep you humble. They may love you, but don't kid yourself.... they know they have you trained. Not the other way 'round. And on the farm, I love chickens, roosters, and cows.

And Boose.... if you want your roo to keep ur beer, you'll need to put an ice pack in its pouch. Roo pouches are notoriously warm and cozy. Nothin worse than warm beer!!!!!  
pandie1
[Avatar]
I love Pandas!!!!! So cute and cuddly looking. Just think that when they are born they are only 1/4 pound! Still wonder why moms do headstands....  
lovely_cutiepie_zoya
[Avatar]
i really dont luv animals............but i luv parrots and bunnies so sweet...................  
DexGypMom
[Avatar]
lovely_cutiepie_zoya wrote:i really dont luv animals............but i luv parrots and bunnies so sweet...................

Zoya -- I hate to break this to you, but parrots and rabbits are in the animal kingdom. I'm thinking you meant you're not fond of all animals EXCEPT parrots and bunnies. Right?

•••MaryBeth

cbjarrett
[Avatar]
if you've ever swam with the dolphins, you can't help but love 'em. can't wait to do it again someday. does anyone have alpacas? my family does, and they're awfully lovable too, but there isn't an animal much sweeter than my little toy poodle either. . . . .hey i could go on and on I just love animals period. And, beer is pretty good too on a really hot day.  
007ofnine
[Avatar]
hjhamnd wrote:
Zombing wrote:what on earth is a PEGACORN, Lilianmax???
I think it is a cross between a pegasus and a unicorn, what some always called a unipeg. but i could be wrong.

I only recently found out that the actual name for a cross between a unicorn and pegasus (or winged unicorn, or horned pegasus, however you want to look at it) is an Alicorn. My sister and I called it a unipeg and thought we were being original.

If we're counting fantasy animals, my favorites are dragons and unicorns and pegasi and alicorns.

But my absolute fave animal in the whole world is my cat Wendy! <3  

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Tue, 8 Sep 2009 09:30

angel4life95
[Avatar]
me 2 ive heard of the ridgebacks on animal planet and i fell in love i want 1 so bad now!!!

angel4life95
[Avatar]
i love cats, they r my fav 2!!!!

hjhamnd
[Avatar]
emcall wrote:I like almost all animals. Not a fan of spiders, though. I worked in a veterinary hospital 70s & 80s. Decided then that I loved all cats. Even the hairless ones. And I decided that there were several breeds of dog that I definitely did not want to own. My three favorite dogs are Norwegian Elkhounds, Rhodesian Ridgebacks, and Standard Poodles. I have owned all three, and absolutely adored them. Have always had cats. They keep you humble. They may love you, but don't kid yourself.... they know they have you trained. Not the other way 'round. And on the farm, I love chickens, roosters, and cows.

And Boose.... if you want your roo to keep ur beer, you'll need to put an ice pack in its pouch. Roo pouches are notoriously warm and cozy. Nothin worse than warm beer!!!!!

We had a dog that was 1/2 Rhodesian Ridgeback (Ajax), he terrified the mailman so we had to give him away, Ajax knew when the mailman would come by so he would wait by the fence and then would rear up and place his head next to the mailbox and bark, he couldn't reach the mailman but it did scare him. I was about 14 or so and was mad that we had to give away our dog. the mailman got a note in saying they couldn't deliver our mail while the dog was there, and i said "well they got the note in didn't they?" but now i can understand why they were scared. Ajax never bothered anyone else , he just didn't like the mailman i guess.  
007ofnine
[Avatar]
We had a dog that was 1/2 Rhodesian Ridgeback (Ajax), he terrified the mailman so we had to give him away, Ajax knew when the mailman would come by so he would wait by the fence and then would rear up and place his head next to the mailbox and bark, he couldn't reach the mailman but it did scare him. I was about 14 or so and was mad that we had to give away our dog. the mailman got a note in saying they couldn't deliver our mail while the dog was there, and i said "well they got the note in didn't they?" but now i can understand why they were scared. Ajax never bothered anyone else , he just didn't like the mailman i guess.

Seems to me they could have done something like fence off the area around the mailbox. I hate when people treat animals like disposable property! To me, your pet is part of your family! If it was a human child acting up, you'd move heaven and earth to help the child - why do anything less for a dog or cat???

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Thu, 10 Sep 2009 01:45

hjhamnd
[Avatar]
007ofnine wrote:

Seems to me they could have done something like fence off the area around the mailbox. I hate when people treat animals like disposable property! To me, your pet is part of your family! If it was a human child acting up, you'd move heaven and earth to help the child - why do anything less for a dog or cat???

My dad went and argued with the post office, told them Ajax couldn't reach the mailman, and all he did was bark he didn't lunge at him or anything, just barked, but they wouldn't deliver the mail until Ajax was removed.We were a poor family with eight kids, didn't have the money to fence off around the mailbox. The mailbox was actually outside the fenced yard but right next to the fence. We found a good family for Ajax and actually was able to see him at times. He lived a good, long and happy life. We never treated our animals as disposible property, all of our animals are part of our family. In our family, the young kids were first, then the animals and last my parents. That is why now I'll do anything for my parents.  
loopylaura123
[Avatar]
Dogs and wolves probably. I dont really know!  
green-apple
[Avatar]
my favorite animal is a baby sea otter they are so cute and furry!  
007ofnine
[Avatar]

We found a good family for Ajax and actually was able to see him at times. He lived a good, long and happy life. We never treated our animals as disposible property, all of our animals are part of our family. In our family, the young kids were first, then the animals and last my parents. That is why now I'll do anything for my parents.

That's good! I've heard it called "rehoming", when you have to find an animal another home for whatever reason. Sounds a lot better than "got rid of".

maestroclique
[Avatar]
I like all kinds of animals. I especially love dogs, monkeys, apes, giraffes, elephants, ocelots, lynxes (wow the list could go on here). But I would have to say that my favourite is the sloth. They are peaceful, gentle creatures with the sweetest faces. There's a common misconception that they are lazy animals. But they don't actually sleep for as long as people think.

Check out this link with pictures and video of the two toed baby sloth and tell me that is not one of the cutest animals you have ever seen!

Users accessing urls to offsite websites do so at their own risk. iWin is not responsible for viruses, malware, computer malfunctions or any other problems which occur as a result of such access. Access to such sites should be through your browser and not the Game Manager Dee, volunteer moderator  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Fri, 23 Apr 2010 19:42

ShayeraHol
[Avatar]
My favorite animals are any breed of snow dog, ravens,
crows, and bears. Cats are nice, too.

I love all animals, really.  
tabs2
[Avatar]
im a bunny lover too. i have one. snowball hes a lopp. with the big long ears. but i love cats 2. i have 2. and 2 dogs. so you might say i love them all.  
goofyduck1
[Avatar]
I am also a big fan of bloodhounds and dachshunds. My ex has a dachsund (sp?) and brings it over every time he comes and I just love that little girl!  
alayna6
[Avatar]
i lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

HORSES  
horsegirl101
[Avatar]
i love horses the most wrud means what r u doin

blechniak
[Avatar]
My favorite is the chhuahua  
stella_99
[Avatar]
I'm a dog lover but I would have to say that my fav animals are frogs and turtles. For some reason I think that they are sooooo cute and find them very adorable.  
chikbab55
[Avatar]
My favorite animal is my yorkshire Terrier, they are smart, was used in the army in WW2, in Germany. Very brave and not afaraid of any thing.They are easyly trained.They also like to hunt.Also good watch dog, to be so small.Great compainan.  
HHorseyHorse
[Avatar]
i love horses and penguins i also LOVE my hamster Peaches!!!!!!!!!!  
peacefansinger001
[Avatar]
I love horses and dogs.  
peacefansinger001
[Avatar]
I like Yorkshire terriers and mustangs.  
soccerfashionstar
[Avatar]
I like dogs.  
sabbyjoe
[Avatar]
huskys horses cats monkeys i like all of the animals  
grannyhay
[Avatar]
[coloMy favourite animal is a chinese crested hairless dog. I own 10 of them and they are the most intelligent and loveing dogs that yu could ever want.r=green][/color]  
l4dyh4wk2
[Avatar]
Hard to pick just one because I like different animals for different reasons. The ones I like most are cats (all kinds from Tigers to house cats), Horses, Birds (Eagles & Hawks to Chickadees), Wolf, Buffalo & Bear.  
honk1
[Avatar]
My number one top favorite is the African Elephant. They are strong, gentle, caring, concerned. I love the big ears of the African Elephant. My second is the horse - breed specific are the Appalussas and the Polish Arabians. The the Ducks and Geese, playful creatures and caring and gentle and very social.  
tony12341
[Avatar]
my fav animal would be me, after all. we all was before we were human right! or so i heard  
pandie1
[Avatar]
Pandas!!! but since I can't have a real one....dogs  
tony12341
[Avatar]
my fav animal would be... well me! after all where animals before we were human's right! no serously all animals can't just choose one.  
jewelicious
[Avatar]
My favourite animals are whales and Horses. Non-breed/type specific.  
tucata@ffmc
[Avatar]
Panda Bear  
honk1
[Avatar]
007ofnine wrote:

I agree in most casses. Not every one has the time or skills to correct negative behaviour, so allowing another family who has the skills and time is actually kinder to the animal, in most cases. I have trained over 600 dogs and other various anuimlas, so sometimes giving it to a new gamily is better.  
honk1
[Avatar]
I love dogs, horses, ducks, geese and cows.  
Lillybooboo
[Avatar]
I have to say I guess I was destined to have a little Pekingnese dog in my life. My parents had a Pekingnese dog (Jubilee) from the time I was 3 years old and she lived for 18 years. When she died it was like loosing my sister. So I naturally got me a 6 weeks old Pekingnese when my kids were little (Petie). I loved him so much. As he got older, he went blind and had alot of other health issues but he still knew how to get around the house. But unfortunately at the age of 15, he got so sick that after many days of prayer, I had to make the decision to love him enough to send him to God early to wait for me. It was the toughest thing I have ever gone through in my life. The vet and vet assistants were so upset during the procedure. (I of course totally lost it emotionally). Family actually came to the house like a family member had died. My husband dug a grave in the backyard and bury Petie with his favorite stuff babydoll. We place rocks around his grave and planted flowers. My wonderful vet sent me a card with the most beautiful poem in it about doggie heaven. I still have it. Then about a week later, my cousin (who is like my sister) came into my house with a little package. It was a 6 weeks old black and white Peke-poo puppy who had been born without a tail. So she looked just like a rabbit and hopped like one too. It was so bitter sweet...I wanted her but I felt very disloyal to my Petie. I finally made the decision to keep her for the weekend and let her know if I was going to keep her on Monday. During that weekend something happened. At one point, I was looking into my fuzzy new friends eyes dark little eyes and there he was......Petie.... he was staring back at me. I could feel him and became convinced that his little soul has come out of that backyard grave we had dug for him...and placed himself into my new little babies body. Needless to say, I kept my new fuzzy baby (Lilly), who is 5 years old now. She is the joy of my life and so spoiled. So over and above any animal on this earth.....I love my Pekingnese doggies.  
iiilllmmm
[Avatar]
Apatosauruses are the best!!!  
Snowwwery
[Avatar]
I would love to foster a tiger cub there so cute! i already have a chessepke bay (TYPEOF DOG) 2corgis (ALSO ATYPE OF DOG) a hamster ,abunny 2 cats a blak one and a grey one and that's 7 pets  
Snowwwery
[Avatar]
and i would like to have a geanie pig( i had one but it died of wet tail )a husky abernse m.t dog and a damation  
Snowwwery
[Avatar]
I love all my anthor pets too  
Poppyglow
[Avatar]
I love squirrels.  
topkatt69
[Avatar]
all cats  
ralucutza1999
[Avatar]
all horses!!!!!!!!! ()_()
(~ ~)  
armyic
[Avatar]
i love all animals

-ANGEL
[Avatar]
HELLO ALL, I AM 18 FROM SAN FRANSISCO, I DONT HAVE FAVORITE ANIMAL, I LOVE THEM ALL, BUT I WOULD SAY MY SWEET PINITURE PINCHER SHEEBA IS THE BEST SHE WILL B 12 IN MAY 11TH , I LOVE HER SO MUCH!!
Just a reminder to please not type in all capital letters. In the online environment it insinuates yelling. In the future, use regular initial capitalization sentence structure. We do ask for proper netiquette while in the forums...just wanted to give you a heads up; netiquette can be kind of tricky so just stick to regular sentence structure and you'll be fine. After all, this is a user-based Forum so you're actually shouting at your fellow users and I don't you meant to do that...Dee, Volunteer moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Wed, 5 May 2010 10:31

-ANGEL
[Avatar]
im very sorry about the big letters, i write in big letters all the time  
shadow77749
[Avatar]
Cats, Dogs, Birds, Rabbits....you get the idea. Total animal lover.  

Forum Index » Chatter Central
Go to: