What is your favorite Christmas (or holiday) movie and why?: iWin Forums

Welcome back  !

Make life simple!

Connect your Facebook account and enjoy all of iWin's games and benefits!

Connect with Facebook No, thank you
iWin Forums, the place to meet, ask, and chat.

[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Forums Home 

What is your favorite Christmas (or holiday) movie and why?
Forum Index » Chatter Central
chloe4321
[Avatar]
My all-time fav. is the old, black and white version of "A Christmas Carol". We used to watch it every year faithfully during the holiday season. My mom never cared for the newer versions so we always watched the original. I loved the part when his dead partner comes to visit and forewarn him about the three visitors with the chains rattling. It used to scare me LOL. The movie (and book) just have some wonderful messages about not forgetting the spirit of Christmas and those less fortunate and not to living life to its fullest (in a good way lol) as well as many others. I felt bad for poor Ebenezer Scrooge by the end! On a side note, I saw a major production of the play in Chicago a while back and poor Tiny Tim was riding his dad's shoulders and fell off (not on purpose). There was a loud "thud" and the little actor was rushed behind the stage after the audience witnessed his fall. He came back for the next scene so I guess he was okay. It was then that I laughed a bit. It was funny, had to been there.

My second favorite I like almost just as much as "A Christmas Carol" but I didn't watch it till I was about 12 and my mom never thought it was that great I guess my favorite holiday movie next to "A Christmas Carol" is "A Christmas Story"! Who can forget when the lil' boy puts on his aunt's bunny costume? Or the hideous lamp that the mother "accidentally" breaks. And how 'bout the boy whose tongue gets stuck to the pole? Funny stuff!

Oh, this isn't a "MOVIE" but I also have seen "The Nutcracker" EVERY year from age 3-(somewhere in my 30's won't give up my age lol). Chicago puts on a magnicifient version with a full orchestra and it is the most beautiful ballet ever. It always made me want to be a ballerina but alas, after almost 10 years of lessons, I accepted that I just didn't have the coordination to be ever truly good at it.

Sorry for all the babbling!!!!!!!! You are more than welcome to babble as well! I love to hear funny, heart-warming, or just plain strange stories about the Holiday Seasons and some of your traditions regarding watching holiday movies!!!!!!!!
I'm kinda doing a poll to see what movie is your favorite!
Here are some of them:
A Christmas Story
A Christmas Carol
the one w/ Tom Hanks (it's animated, what's it called?) kids on train....
Miracle on 34rth Street
and so forth....
THANKS! HAPPY HOLIDAYS! And that includes my Jewish friends of course!  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Tue, 30 Nov 2010 12:20

suan1
[Avatar]
iI realy like the movie the Christmas Card.I love soliders and he is soooo hot! Have you ever seen that movie?It is about a solidier over seas who gets a Christmas card from a girl he doesn't know.When he goes on leave he sets out to find her.Of course they fall in love(luckygirl!)  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sat, 4 Dec 2010 07:32

emcall
[Avatar]
It's A Wonderful Life
White Christmas
Holiday Inn
Miracle on 34th Street (Original)

What about Fave Christmas cartoons...
A Charlie Brown Christmas
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Frosty the Snowman
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer  
chloe4321
[Avatar]
My fav. cartoon is "Rudolp"! It's sooo cute!
Can anyone think of that animated movie w/ Tom Hanks though w/ the kids on the train? I don't know why I can't remember it! That's a good movie and the special effects/animation is superior.
Oh, I also love the Charlie Brown Christmas movie too!  
Dinismurf
[Avatar]
I don't really like schmaltzy Christmas movies and try to avoid watching any TV on Christmas day. (For me it should be a time to TALK to people and have fun with them, not veg out in front of the TV screen.)

However, I do have a sneaking fondness for 'It's a Wonderful Life': James Stewart is hard to resist and even the cynic in me gets a little teary-eyed at the end.  
cathysfree
[Avatar]
Hi,

Are you thinking of "Polar Express" Chloe?  
carmie123
[Avatar]
Mine would have to be "A Christmas Story" and "How the Grinch Stole Christmas". It just ain't Christmas without watching either one of these!!  
nia2795deux
[Avatar]
"Love Actually"! It's not just a Christmas movie but a movie about possibilities and LOVE!!!!

It's the best movie ever.  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Fri, 3 Dec 2010 18:00

ShayeraHol
[Avatar]
Mine is an odd choice. "The Perez Family". It shows that your "family" isn't necessarily whom you are related to, its your relationships with other people that make you feel secure and loved.  
DexGypMom
[Avatar]

The computer animated movie with Tom Hanks, the train and kids is "Polar Express" and it has become a must watch for me during the Christmas season. My list of "must watch" movies for the Christmas holiday season are:

• White Christmas with Danny Kaye, Bing Crosby, Rosemary Clooney & Vera Allen
  • A Christmas Carol with Alister Cook as Ebeneezer Scrooge
  • A Christmas Carol with George C. Scott as Ebeneezer Scrooge
  • Jack Frost with Kelly Preston & Michael Keaton
  • Holiday Affair with Janet Leigh, Robert Mitchum and Corey Wendell
  • Holiday Inn with Bing Crosby, Fred Astaire & Marjorie Reynolds
  • Polar Express with Tom Hanks
  • Miracle on 34th Street with Natalie Wood, Maureen O'Hara, John Payne & Edmund Gwenn
  • Comfort and Joy with Nancy McKeon, Steven Eckholdt, Dixie Carter and Paul Dooley

• My list is very eclectic with some really corny pix in there but they all have a special meaning to me. Like Em, I like to watch all those claymation, animated cartoons too, Rudolph the Rednose Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, etc. I know I'm missing a couple but will add them when I remember. Getting old bites.

••• MaryBeth

Gramama46
    [Avatar]
    How the grinch stole christmas! about notty& NIce  

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sat, 7 Dec 2013 12:30

Gramama46
    [Avatar]
    frosty the snowman  
    Gramama46
    [Avatar]
    polar bear express  
    92marilou
    [Avatar]
    I don't think I've seen ANY of these movies!
    I know we don't get any on TV in English here in Spain - but I think I'll be searching you tube LOL
    I do remember watching The Sound of Music at Christmas when I was a child . . .  
    ppineapple
    [Avatar]
    A couple of the best Christmas movies I have seen that still plays on a big television network is Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer and Rudolph Returns. I don't know exactly, but the animation simply catches my eye. The whimsical, clay-like movements used during the production of the Rudolph movies is something that I found to look forward to each year.  
    George51
    [Avatar]
    All of the Santa Clause movies, and the Polar Express, the Life and Adventures of Santa Clause too  

Forum Index » Chatter Central
    Go to: