If you had one wish...: iWin Forums

Welcome back  !

Make life simple!

Connect your Facebook account and enjoy all of iWin's games and benefits!

Connect with Facebook No, thank you
iWin Forums, the place to meet, ask, and chat.

[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Forums Home 

If you had one wish...
Forum Index » Chatter Central
rushann
[Avatar]
if u had only one wish, what would it be?  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Wed, 27 Nov 2013 08:26

joanietreb
[Avatar]
I would wish that everyone love all their neighbors, whether they are next door, across the street or on the other side of this world.
Rushann, what is your wish?  
hissyspit
[Avatar]
I would wish that for just one day that everytime someone started to say "I hate" that they would begin with "I love". For some it would be easy, for others it would be the hardest job they ever had.
Thank you Rushann for asking such a great question and you too Joanietreb for answering. God bless you both as well as everyone on this site. Have a great day all. Peace, love, and joy to you all.  
rushann
[Avatar]
i was thinking of this the other night & i didn't have an immediate answer once i really thought about the question. if it was just one wish... just one. I could wish for love, success, money, happiness or just a better life in general. or maybe for some physical difference in my appearance. i have used the word 'wish' so many times in my life that i couldn't even count. so, after really analyzing my own question, i came up with a few answers until i found the perfect way to express my one wish. my first answer was, "i wish my mom would wake up with total happiness every day for the rest of her life". then i decided that it would be, “ I wish that I could give my mom my one wish”. however, i realized she would give her one wish to me. that was not what i had wished so, I had to change my wish.

this is my answer, "i wish that my mom would always be happy". this seems the same as what i initially said, but i changed it slightly. i wished for her to always be happy in the general sense. meaning that she would have no big worries or problems of any kind, etc.... yes, she would worry about little things & have minor problems here & there, as is life. my reason for choosing happiness in general over total happiness is that i don't believe in total happiness. you can't have the 'sweet without the sour'.

hissyspit
[Avatar]
Rushann you have a good point about hoping our mothers would have more happy moments. It does seem that as they grow older they fuss over so many things that the fun stuff seems to get lost. I would give pretty much everything I have to see my mom find happiness more than the frustration and anger she seems to have. But i know if i threw in my salvation, that would be the one thing that would kill her. She says her biggest comfort is knowing all five of us kids believe. God bless you all

ezmonie
[Avatar]
Hey Rush, I agree. Tis a great question to ponder. But you said it Rush regarding 'sweet w/out sour' for the 'sour' is what makes the 'sweet' ...soooo SWEET ! -^_^-  
snavenasus
[Avatar]
At the moment my one wish would be that I would have the will power to stick to my diet and actually loose some weight  
rushann
[Avatar]
snavenasus wrote:At the moment my one wish would be that I would have the will power to stick to my diet and actually loose some weight

ha ha i wouldn't use that as my one wish but i wish i could just motivate myself to do things. to get myself back in shape. since i quit working six years ago, i just need some kind of exercise. i also wish i wanted to quit smoking as i have a health problem that is fatal if i don't. no will power at all. :o(  
rushann
[Avatar]
ezmonie wrote:Hey Rush, I agree. Tis a great question to ponder. But you said it Rush regarding 'sweet w/out sour' for the 'sour' is what makes the 'sweet' ...soooo SWEET ! -^_^-

but what would ur one wish be?  
hissyspit
[Avatar]
If I could have a wish it would be to help you find the will to quit smoking. I decided to quit smoking two weeks before I had a major surgery where they removed whole discs from my neck, it has been so life altaring...But back to my point, if you need a friend to support you and encourage you I will.
On the 23rd I will be 8 months smoke free, not even a puff. It's not easy, I won't lie to ya. Even today I had a crazing but they don't last as long as they used too. It does get easier, and with faith, you can do it, trust me on it.
So if I could have a wish, it will be the prayers I am saying now as I type help begin to give you the faith and belief in yourself that you can do it. God bless you and I mean I will help you all I can if you want to try. Take care of yourself please.  
krustyklown
[Avatar]
I wish I could transport me and a friend to any spot in the world i wanted, any time i wanted to. free travel!  
pangiotta
[Avatar]
Hello, My one wish would be that my dear friend Angelica had never been taken from us. She was stalked, robbed, and then murdered. Thank you.  
ShayeraHol
[Avatar]
My wish would be that all human beings would treat one another with respect, despite our many differences. We could all learn so much from each other, if we would take the time to listen...  
riley1113
[Avatar]
it will make a boy like me  
musical63
[Avatar]
that matt smith wasnt leaving doctor who

sunnydayiwin
[Avatar]
A World without stress.  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sun, 2 Jun 2013 23:18

joanietreb
[Avatar]
and the fireworks background for sunnydayiwin  
polevault1
[Avatar]

my one wish always would be love evryone as you love yourself.

rubywine
[Avatar]
Hi Rushann, it's been awhile since we exchanged msg's. I'm only now getting into this whole "chatter central" thing in the forums. I've posted a couple of msg's a couple of mo's ago, then didn't check back for responses--how much sense does that make?! Oh well, chalk it up to inexperience. Hope you're doing well. My wish for you would be that you could quit smoking. My mother died of lung cancer from smoking. The only thing good that came from it is my little sister was able to quit smoking after years of doing it--she realized she wanted to be around for her kids and grand-kids and be around to watch them grow up. She didn't want to go through what our mom went through. Cancer is ugly, there is no doubt about it. Like hissyspit put it, it is life-altering. I miss my mom all the time and wish she could have stuck around a lot longer. But....life goes on. My one wish would be, that everyone would practice the golden rule--treat others as you want to be treated. Life would be so much better, wouldn't it? God bless you all.  
rubywine
[Avatar]
polevault1 wrote:
my one wish always would be love evryone as you love yourself.

I don't have a problem with your wish, it's a good one. But the problem is--there are a lot of people out there who don't love themselves. And some who actually hate themselves. Therefore, they treat others likewise, as they think that's just the way it is with everyone. You have to learn to love yourself and that's not as easy as it sounds. I've been working on that for a few years now and I'm finally getting better at accepting myself. I don't know that I love myself yet, but it's getting easier the more I give myself positive reinforcements and practice behavior that is more positive. I hope it doesn't sound like I'm criticizing your wish, I'm just embellishing on it. Keep the faith.  
polevault1
[Avatar]
\Hi ruby I understand your point.actually you are right .most of us are unhappy with ourselves and try to rub it on.so first develop a positive attitude .and find out the good in you and try to spread that.

i often wondered and even questioned a few of my close ones why they say things which hurt others .tried to analyze and came to the conclusion they r not happy with themselves so try to find faults with everything the others do rather than appreciate the goodness .but i try my way ty.  
polevault1
[Avatar]
ruby u said the same thing as me in a dif way.(treat others as you want to be treated )  
rushann
[Avatar]
i am so glad that all of u took the time to post. maybe i would love myself as well if the world were a better place. but anyone who wishes i would quit smoking, don't. it's not the will power & i don't struggle w/ it. don't know why i said that. i smoke because i like it. period. we all control our own destiny in some way & i absolutely control mine. so, that being said, i am fine.

thanks again for posting. there were some really great posts. :o)  
Frank-J
[Avatar]
One wish is that all the nasty people would get help. I smoke too and I LIKE IT But the wish is that everyone would be happy.  
rubywine
[Avatar]
Hi GF!

Wanted to respond to your question. One wish, boy that's a tough one. Had to think long & hard about it. I can certainly see how much you love your Mom in your own "one wish" message. I couldn't come up with just one wish. So I'm modifying it to "my one wish for now". I wish, and most importantly, pray, that my older sister will beat her breast cancer - soon! She's one tough customer. She's been battling it off and on for 9 yrs. now and I am so tired of seeing her go thru repeated bouts of chemo & radiation. I don't know how it's going to turn out in the end. Of course, I hope she conquers it once & for all, and is able to live out a long and healthy, productive life from here on. But, failing that, I hate to say it, I would rather she went to heaven than to linger here and keep suffering with it. I'm not going to go into anymore detail here, but this is my answer for now. Thanx for posing the question and giving me something to think about.  
rubywine
[Avatar]
Hey again. I know I responded to your question a while back, then I responded to it again. I'm in a different frame of mind now than I was back when I posted it. So that's why I answered it again, "for now". Hope this makes sense to anyone who's reading. Bye again.  
shell431
[Avatar]

My one wish would be for my kids to have a healthy and happy life  
ducky1951
[Avatar]
i would wish that every time i made a wish, it came true  
Springfairy556
[Avatar]
I would wish that I could travel back in time to the 1860s.I really love that time period and wish I could have lived in it lol.  

Forum Index » Chatter Central
Go to: