What's your favorite Johnny Depp movie?: iWin Forums

Welcome back  !

Make life simple!

Connect your Facebook account and enjoy all of iWin's games and benefits!

Connect with Facebook No, thank you
iWin Forums, the place to meet, ask, and chat.

[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Forums Home 

What's your favorite Johnny Depp movie?
Forum Index » Chatter Central
joanietreb
[Avatar]
Care to comment on this actor? Post here to flirt with him.

My favorite of all time is Edward Scissorshands, but get a real kick watching the Pirates of the Carribean series  
momaie
[Avatar]
I like so many and Pirates is definitely way up there as is Edward Scissorhands but I would have to say my favourite would be "Chocolat" with Juliette Binoche and Judi Dench...Johnny as a gipsy...what's not to love? ...and there is so much chocolat, another bonus! I always crave truffles and hot chocolate after I watch that movie!  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Fri, 26 Feb 2010 11:30

emcall
[Avatar]
I absolutely adore Captain Jack Sparrow. And, of course, I loved him in Chocolat. But my all time favorite Johnny Depp movie has to be Secret Window. I have it on DVD, and watch it often. It's a mystery, so is not in the light-hearted genre of Pirates, but I adore him in that movie. I am trying to decide if I want to go see him in Alice In Wonderland. He is so good in any role he takes on, but I think I will wait for the DVD. Previews look good, though. All the make-up and costume remind me of when he played in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I am not a real fan of movie "re-makes", but I thought that movie did justice to the original Willie Wonka movie. Gene Wilder and Johnny Depp were both excellent in that role.  
carmie123
[Avatar]
ALL of them!!!! But Captain Jack Sparrow is by far THE BEST!!! The flouncy walk, the eye liner, the gold teeth....{SIGH}  

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sat, 27 Feb 2010 03:16

l4dyh4wk2
[Avatar]
Well I have 3 that I can't choose between because being different genre's they can't really be compared. Like apples & oranges & plums I love them all & they all grow on trees,but they are all different... So, I'd have to say that my favorite 3, in alphabetical order are Chocolat, Pirates of the & Sweeny Todd

There's even talk of him doing a Dark Shadows movie where he would play Barnabas Collins... for those of us that are into Vampire movies ... yea!

check it out @
http://scifiwire.com/2009/12/confirmed-johnny-depps-da.php  
joanietreb
[Avatar]
Ali - thank you so much for the link. Bring your teepee and we can get in line together for the opening  
l4dyh4wk2
[Avatar]
LOL... I'll see you there Joanie. I was so excited when I'd heard the news. I used to run home from school to watch Dark Shadows... but if Johnny Depp is Barnabas? Well, he can bite me anytime...  
emcall
[Avatar]
If JD is going to play Barnabas, then I want to play Angelique!!!  
l4dyh4wk2
[Avatar]
Why Angelique? Barnabas loved Josette... Angelique was a jealous witch  
-ANGEL
[Avatar]
Johnny Depp is Hot, i love all his movies!!!!!!!!!!  
ShayeraHol
[Avatar]
I liked What's Eating Gilbert Grape, and Ed Wood.
It depends on whether I'm in the mood to laugh or
cry.  
jhilw
[Avatar]
i like all the pirate of the carribiean movies and alice in wonderland  
marykruger
[Avatar]
Oh My Lord ! What about The " Sensitive. Insightful. Hilarious. " BENNY & JOON ... Offbeat romantic comedy. I love that one & Chocolat.

Oh wait ,you may not have seen it. Johnny Depp...Mary Stuart Masterson...Aidan Quinn. Try It,You'll like it.  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Thu, 13 May 2010 12:32

ShayeraHol
[Avatar]
I loved Benny & Joon! I also loved Blow. That man is SO talented!  
ihgdigs
[Avatar]
Definately it would have to be,"FEAR AND LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS" it was a riot when they
picked up that strange hitch hiker and he starts swating
at his bat halucinations!!!! I dont think he did a better movie than that.  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mon, 14 Jun 2010 02:40

DiamondBeauty
[Avatar]

Hard choice really because in Edward Sissor Hands he was sweet and in Pirates of the Carribean he was funny. Then on the other hand Charlie and the Chocolate factory he was serious. Which one do I like the most? All of them why do I have to choose? Oh I haven't seen Alice in Wonderland yet but want to and all the Carribean movies he has made.  
springmist775
[Avatar]
i lked dark shadowes he cold bite me anytime  
RubySoho22
[Avatar]
I'd say the Pirates of the Carribean or Chocolat are my favorites, but I'll watch anything with JD in it. He's so talented that he brings each character to life in a way I don't think anyone else could do. I haven't seen a movie of his that I haven't thoroughly enjoyed  
cjgager
[Avatar]
Johnny Depp is an excellent and entertaining actor - but i think his best movie has yet to be made. He has never really done an in-depth character study of just him alone - always w/ a cast of characters, animated or not. Something like Pitt in Ben Button or Hanks in Cast Away or dicaprio as iron mask dude - - - {IMHO}.  
freedom-2
[Avatar]
Alice in wounderland but I dont think I have missed any of his movies  
CheyGirliwin
[Avatar]
All of them!  

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Fri, 23 May 2014 06:38

torilanae
[Avatar]
My family LOVES Charlie & the Chocolate Factory. Is that what 'Chocolate' is?

TORILANAE  

Forum Index » Chatter Central
Go to: